Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,431 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools (22301 Views)

Imo Youths Turn Out En Masse To Get Thier PVC (Photos, Video) / Enugu Youths Turn Out En Masse To Collect Their PVC (Photos, Video) / Youths Turn The Oshodi-apapa Expressway By Cele Bus Stop To Football Pitch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by bayocanny: 10:55am On Jul 23, 2018
we should turn our phones to business tools.
okay, we've heard
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by Deltatoto: 10:56am On Jul 23, 2018
Yarnvibes:
President of the Senate, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, on Sunday called on the nation’s youths to venture into entrepreneurship through their cell-phones as a way of self-employment and creating job opportunities for others.

Saraki gave the charge while delivering the Fourth Convocation Lecture of the Adeleke University, Ede in the State of Osun, on Sunday.

In his paper with the title, “National Economic Development Through Entrepreneurship: The Role of Private Universities in Nigeria,” Saraki said it has become imperative for youths not to see their phones as fashion accessories alone, but potent platforms to launch themselves into entrepreneurship and gainful self-employment.

Saraki said: “To the graduating students, I will say that it is perhaps true that Nigerian youths are not currently maximising the potential that social media has for stimulating entrepreneurship in many areas, including those that were unheard of just a few years ago.

“I would like to see more young Nigerians put what they learned in the university to impactful use by leveraging on the social media’s abundant opportunity for business ventures.

“Entrepreneurship starts with a mindset; form networks, begin to see your phone as a business tool and not just a fashion accessory; get tutorials for starting new businesses or to ginger new business ideas.

“There is no reason why any of today’s graduating students cannot become a Jack Dorsey, the co-founder of Twitter, net worth $5 billion – or Brian Chesky, a co-founder of Air BnB. Michelle Phan of the cosmetic business Ipsy is now worth $300 million – not bad for someone who first started by uploading her videos on YouTube,” he declared.

He stated that due to its belief that entrepreneurship is crucial to the success of the economy, the National Assembly has since prioritised the passage of landmark economic laws to enable Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) to grow.

He urged private universities to rise to the challenge of promoting private enterprises by ensuring that entrepreneurial skills are taught across various disciplines.

He said: “The education ethos ought to move away from the over-emphasis on theory-based approach and paper certification towards inculcating practical skills that support apprenticeship and boost innovation and industry.

“This is the place of Vocational and Technical education which provides that the youth imbibe practical skills that will not only make them employable but will also help the country to build an army of job providers,” he said.

The President of the Senate also charged the graduates to be good ambassadors for their alma mater – Adeleke University – and good economic ambassadors for their generation and for this country.

“Endeavour always to be a credit to yourselves, to your families, your communities, and your country. The motto of this university is ‘Education, Excellence and Character’ – I encourage you to be exemplars of this motto. Be lifelong students, live the knowledge culture; an individual that never ceases to learn, never ceases to grow,” he stated.

http://kikiotolu.com/saraki-to-nigerian-youths-turn-your-cellphones-into-business-tools/

saraki say make we begin do yahoo
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 23, 2018
PUSSYBBQGRILLS:
I go teach you. No worry.
Them no dey predict soccer.h2h or home and away plus league table no dey work rara.
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by bayocanny: 10:57am On Jul 23, 2018
we should turn our phones to business tools.
okay, we've heard
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by PUSSYBBQGRILLS(f): 10:58am On Jul 23, 2018
comshots:
Them no dey predict soccer.h2h or home and away plus league table no dey work rara.
Forget soccer. E get one sport wey dey pay me well well.
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by Yinxies(f): 10:58am On Jul 23, 2018
We are doing that already...

We still need jobs

We still need conducive environment for our businesses to survive; electricity, good roads, loans and grants with flexible payback options, absence of SARS harassing us upadan

1 Like

Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by Dreydoe(m): 10:59am On Jul 23, 2018
easy said than done... i hope you will provide the data
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by killuminati(m): 10:59am On Jul 23, 2018
Saraki shut up!
I know say you be yahoo man!
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by tgmservice: 10:59am On Jul 23, 2018
after bleeping the economy dry
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by SheikhMuniru(m): 11:01am On Jul 23, 2018
SARAKI ENCOURAGING YAHOO+ BOYS, I LOVE DAT
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by Codes151(m): 11:04am On Jul 23, 2018
Saraki dey mad...him no turn him phone...to biz tool

E just dey collect all that's money for no reason
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by qanda: 11:06am On Jul 23, 2018
Taken beyond face value. The advice is important. Please if you are not yet following Strive Masiyiwa on Facebook, do well to search him on Facebook and follow him. There is so much you can do with the technologies around a mobile phone, you can create a product and service with it. Just as we did with Q and A App to provide Job Test Study materials and Professional exams Resources materials, you can use as a business promotional tool, you can use it to learn. The opportunities are endless!

1 Like

Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by rahl12(m): 11:09am On Jul 23, 2018
Please nairalanders,
I need a job. I am a graduate of Mechanical Engineering.
Please I need your help as I am willing to work in any film within or outside the state.
Please help a brother.
I have experienced in operations and maintenance various of machines, with a required knowledge of AutoCAD design.

PLEASE HELP BROTHER HERE.

HERE IS MY EMAIL: abraham20john20@gmail.com
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by Assassin101: 11:09am On Jul 23, 2018
Bt SARS wont let us "work" with our phones in peace
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by blackaxe78: 11:14am On Jul 23, 2018
Hashimyussufamao:
I was on my way to Ibadan from Ilorin last week Tuesday , on getting to Geri-alimi, I saw people rushing here and there. b4 I could notice what's up, it was Saraki passing. Omo Ilorin people dun almost take that man as God chai!!!

His son will still rule Kwara. And grand son. That am certain about.

The family is using Fayose's style which is about using hunger to confine people's thinking. Shares them a token of his loot quarterly and they go gaga
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 23, 2018
They should checkmate SARS first.
Contact me immediately for your cheap data
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by ollah2: 11:17am On Jul 23, 2018
This is just a political ploy, expect more from saraki to the youths. He will say more things which the youths want to hear and partly involved in so as to gain more fans. Lol
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by adeoba2008(m): 11:19am On Jul 23, 2018
No be I don't dey use my phone for blogging. God bless my husstle.
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 23, 2018
Good advice. There are lots of opportunity online. But it's not easy in the beginning and it's worth it. Nothing good comes easy. If you're interested in learning forex trading, hit me up
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by HENRY940: 11:23am On Jul 23, 2018
Na today we know....

Dumb leaders will not know that internet data is too expensive, and which electricity will be used to sustain the phone.

Trying to sound smart.
Gerrarahia !
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 11:24am On Jul 23, 2018
and if we do sai Babar will send the thugs FSARS to intimidate and harass us... in China hackers are celebrated, if you think online scan dey easy try one

1 Like

Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by bigtt76(f): 11:30am On Jul 23, 2018
But they have already done that naaaa #YahooPlusTinz grin grin

Yarnvibes:
President of the Senate, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, on Sunday called on the nation’s youths to venture into entrepreneurship through their cell-phones as a way of self-employment and creating job opportunities for others.

Saraki gave the charge while delivering the Fourth Convocation Lecture of the Adeleke University, Ede in the State of Osun, on Sunday.

In his paper with the title, “National Economic Development Through Entrepreneurship: The Role of Private Universities in Nigeria,” Saraki said it has become imperative for youths not to see their phones as fashion accessories alone, but potent platforms to launch themselves into entrepreneurship and gainful self-employment.

Saraki said: “To the graduating students, I will say that it is perhaps true that Nigerian youths are not currently maximising the potential that social media has for stimulating entrepreneurship in many areas, including those that were unheard of just a few years ago.

“I would like to see more young Nigerians put what they learned in the university to impactful use by leveraging on the social media’s abundant opportunity for business ventures.

“Entrepreneurship starts with a mindset; form networks, begin to see your phone as a business tool and not just a fashion accessory; get tutorials for starting new businesses or to ginger new business ideas.

“There is no reason why any of today’s graduating students cannot become a Jack Dorsey, the co-founder of Twitter, net worth $5 billion – or Brian Chesky, a co-founder of Air BnB. Michelle Phan of the cosmetic business Ipsy is now worth $300 million – not bad for someone who first started by uploading her videos on YouTube,” he declared.

He stated that due to its belief that entrepreneurship is crucial to the success of the economy, the National Assembly has since prioritised the passage of landmark economic laws to enable Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) to grow.

He urged private universities to rise to the challenge of promoting private enterprises by ensuring that entrepreneurial skills are taught across various disciplines.

He said: “The education ethos ought to move away from the over-emphasis on theory-based approach and paper certification towards inculcating practical skills that support apprenticeship and boost innovation and industry.

“This is the place of Vocational and Technical education which provides that the youth imbibe practical skills that will not only make them employable but will also help the country to build an army of job providers,” he said.

The President of the Senate also charged the graduates to be good ambassadors for their alma mater – Adeleke University – and good economic ambassadors for their generation and for this country.

“Endeavour always to be a credit to yourselves, to your families, your communities, and your country. The motto of this university is ‘Education, Excellence and Character’ – I encourage you to be exemplars of this motto. Be lifelong students, live the knowledge culture; an individual that never ceases to learn, never ceases to grow,” he stated.

http://kikiotolu.com/saraki-to-nigerian-youths-turn-your-cellphones-into-business-tools/

Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by mcgift(m): 11:31am On Jul 23, 2018
Who among them commit an unforgivable sin
(1) Someone who steal the bible from church to read at home? (2) Someone who steal money at home and give offering in church? (3) Someone who steal offering in church to give the poor and orphans?
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 23, 2018
PUSSYBBQGRILLS:
Forget soccer. E get one sport wey dey pay me well well.
Tell me.Abi I go subs?If na subs you no go chop my one kobo.
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by abefeb1(m): 11:34am On Jul 23, 2018
Hashimyussufamao:
I was on my way to Ibadan from Ilorin last week Tuesday , on getting to Geri-alimi, I saw people rushing here and there. b4 I could notice what's up, it was Saraki passing. Omo Ilorin people dun almost take that man as God chai!!!

it pains me a lot that when will people of kwara wake up, I'm from kwara state but why will one man be directing
the affair of the state, yet kwara is not developing. I pray God deliver from his hand in Jesus name. enough is enough. poverty is a terrible disease .
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by PUSSYBBQGRILLS(f): 11:35am On Jul 23, 2018
comshots:
Tell me.Abi I go subs?If na subs you no go chop my one kobo.
No be sub matter. I just dey tell you how I dey chop money codedly.

Na my secret.
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by pimpchi(m): 11:38am On Jul 23, 2018
Heeding to your advice sir, plz patronize me.....

Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by Nobody: 11:40am On Jul 23, 2018
Troublemaker007:
Yahoo Boiz will like this news...

I dedicate this FTC to every young blood out there hustling legit and not involved in any crime. It ain’t easy for us in this shithole but still we grinding and ballin.

#MyPVCisMyPower2019
This has got nothing to do with yahoo boiz. Those involved in the scam are only wasting their time. I make 3m naira monthly, legitimately using my mobile phone. My mobile phone is my ISP,mobile office,mini computer, also serves as client contact base. Home or abroad, I am always online. The same phone some peeps bought to do selfie and showoffs is what does the aforementioned for me. The question is, what purpose does your mobile phone serve?
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by newoffer: 11:41am On Jul 23, 2018
PVC=Passport. Visa Canada.
Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by Troublemaker007(m): 11:43am On Jul 23, 2018
fairfora:
This has got nothing to do with yahoo boiz. Those involved in the scam are only wasting their time. I make 3m naira monthly, legitimately using my mobile phone. My mobile phone is my ISP,mobile office,mini computer, also serves as client contact base. Home or abroad, I am always online. The same phone some peeps bought to do selfie and showoffs is what does the aforementioned for me. The question is, what purpose does your mobile phone serve?

Who ask you Mr I-too-know

Re: Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools by afroxyz: 11:51am On Jul 23, 2018
SacredMustang:
angry

Exactly the way you turned yours into a tool for looting Kwara state dry abi?... let me go and turn my own phone too into hammer and use it for furniture making..

These guys feel they can open their mouths and spew trash anyhow... See a chronic looter encouraging someone to turn his phone into a tool.... that's how that Folorunsho Alakija was saying it was prayer and hard work that brought her into the level she is but she failed to mention to us that she was given an oil well by IBB after gracing his bed... eediots..!!!

Don't mind these idiots. What tool has he turned his office into?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zamfara Dethrones First-Class Monarchs Over "Banditry" / JTF Kills 52, Arrests 70 Insurgents With Arms Cache In Borno / "We Have Resolved Nigeria Must Not Break" - Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.