Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,550 members, 7,770,423 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:33 AM

Pregnant Ghanaian Woman Jailed For 2 Years For Hitting Her Husband's Girlfriend - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Pregnant Ghanaian Woman Jailed For 2 Years For Hitting Her Husband's Girlfriend (22129 Views)

Ghanaian Woman Beheads Her Husband Over Cheating (Photo) / Adenuga Adetoun: Soldiers Beat Lady For Confronting Them For Almost Hitting Her / Soldiers Beat Okada Rider At Ajah Lagos, Strip Him Unclad For Hitting Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pregnant Ghanaian Woman Jailed For 2 Years For Hitting Her Husband's Girlfriend by ChangeIsCostant: 8:51am On Jul 23, 2018
A woman has landed in prison after assaulting her husband's mistress. It was gathered the woman who is five months pregnant was convicted and jailed for two years after hitting her husband's side chic with a sandals in Ghana.

According to a Ghanaian journalist identified as Ibrahim Oppong Kwarteng, the woman's husband brought his girlfriend to their house and allegedly gave her his wife's cloth to put on. The scorned wife who was shocked by that act - confronted the lady and attacked her with a sandals.

Because of the assault, the woman was sent to prison despite her pregnant condition.

Read what the journalist shared on Facebook;

I encountered this beautiful young lady at the Nsawam Female Prison last week. She has been convicted for 2 years with a 5 months old pregnancy, and came into the prison with her one and a half year old son. Her offence? She tells me her "husband" brought in his girlfriend into the house and gave the lady her dress to wear.

She couldn't believe what was unfolding in her eyes and could not contain the humiliation. She confronted the lady and a fight ensued. In the course of the struggle, she hit the lady with a sandals she laid hands on and was jailed for assault. Since coming to prison, this so-called husband has never visited her.

My appeal is for some of our judges to fully consider the overall context of events before handing down sentences. I have a feeling they are sometimes misled by the police? For how long will the Alternative Sentencing Bill which could possibly prescribe community sentences in such cases, continue to gather dust in Parliament?

Shouldn't pregnant women be given suspended sentences instead? I simply don't understand why the Criminal Offences Act 1960 which obviously needs a review after so many years of usage continue to dictate the pace. We are all not safe!

She has a fine of 1400 Ghs to pay and another 2000 for the injuries caused to her attacker, making it 3400 Ghs in all to secure her release. You may want to help! At Crime Check Foundation, CCF, we champion the cause of the poor and the voiceless. Join us do so!

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/07/pregnant-woman-jailed-for-2-years-after-hitting-her-husbands-girlfriend-photo.html

1 Share

Re: Pregnant Ghanaian Woman Jailed For 2 Years For Hitting Her Husband's Girlfriend by OneCorner: 9:13am On Jul 23, 2018
Instead of jailing her, dey should av given her punishment like flogging... like 50 strokes on her bare yansh

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnant Ghanaian Woman Jailed For 2 Years For Hitting Her Husband's Girlfriend by Factfinder1(m): 11:39am On Jul 23, 2018
See what a shameless man has caused for his wife and unborn baby...who send the woman to go fight for an unfaithful adult

31 Likes

Re: Pregnant Ghanaian Woman Jailed For 2 Years For Hitting Her Husband's Girlfriend by Factfinder1(m): 11:40am On Jul 23, 2018
I Wonder why fine men marry ugly women I really wonder

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnant Ghanaian Woman Jailed For 2 Years For Hitting Her Husband's Girlfriend by Nobody: 11:40am On Jul 23, 2018
Anger no good
Re: Pregnant Ghanaian Woman Jailed For 2 Years For Hitting Her Husband's Girlfriend by PUSSYBBQGRILLS(f): 11:40am On Jul 23, 2018
You hit a lady with sandals and landed in jail

Are you related to Lie Mohammed

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Ghanaian Woman Jailed For 2 Years For Hitting Her Husband's Girlfriend by eseveli(m): 11:41am On Jul 23, 2018
Ghana men and cheating like 5&6

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant Ghanaian Woman Jailed For 2 Years For Hitting Her Husband's Girlfriend by IamAirforce1: 11:41am On Jul 23, 2018
Women should learn to control their anger

You're pregnant no exempt you from being punished if you misbehave.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnant Ghanaian Woman Jailed For 2 Years For Hitting Her Husband's Girlfriend by LordIsaac(m): 11:42am On Jul 23, 2018
Wisdom is always profitable to direct. Rash decisions are aleays borne of uncontrolled anger !

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Ghanaian Woman Jailed For 2 Years For Hitting Her Husband's Girlfriend by Olabenjamen22(m): 11:43am On Jul 23, 2018
OneCorner:
Instead of jailing her, dey should av given her punishment like flogging... like 50 strokes on her bare yansh

You are kidding right?

Why did you think she deserve any of the punishment you listed above?

10 Likes

Re: Pregnant Ghanaian Woman Jailed For 2 Years For Hitting Her Husband's Girlfriend by MemeKing: 11:43am On Jul 23, 2018
the man right now after hearing his wife was jailed

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Ghanaian Woman Jailed For 2 Years For Hitting Her Husband's Girlfriend by savageee(f): 11:43am On Jul 23, 2018
Husband, wife, side chic hmmmm ok
Re: Pregnant Ghanaian Woman Jailed For 2 Years For Hitting Her Husband's Girlfriend by baby124: 11:44am On Jul 23, 2018
Factfinder1:
This man is fine

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnant Ghanaian Woman Jailed For 2 Years For Hitting Her Husband's Girlfriend by Yohh: 11:44am On Jul 23, 2018
Fair, she should have hit her husband
Re: Pregnant Ghanaian Woman Jailed For 2 Years For Hitting Her Husband's Girlfriend by julitoch: 11:44am On Jul 23, 2018
Na waaa
Re: Pregnant Ghanaian Woman Jailed For 2 Years For Hitting Her Husband's Girlfriend by Factfinder1(m): 11:44am On Jul 23, 2018
baby124:

This man is fine
At least not as terrible looking as the woman standing next to him...fine get grade and levels

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Ghanaian Woman Jailed For 2 Years For Hitting Her Husband's Girlfriend by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 23, 2018
SOME LIKES IF YOU THINK THE WOMAN WAS RIGHT WITH HER ACTIONS

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnant Ghanaian Woman Jailed For 2 Years For Hitting Her Husband's Girlfriend by Obierika(m): 11:47am On Jul 23, 2018
Let this serve as a deterrent to other women like her who are quick to raise their hands against another woman!
Re: Pregnant Ghanaian Woman Jailed For 2 Years For Hitting Her Husband's Girlfriend by baby124: 11:49am On Jul 23, 2018
Factfinder1:

At least not as terrible looking as the woman standing next to him...fine get grade and levels
The woman is finer than him. She’s even pregnant. They are both on the same level.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant Ghanaian Woman Jailed For 2 Years For Hitting Her Husband's Girlfriend by akanbiebenezer(m): 11:49am On Jul 23, 2018
lipsrsealed
Re: Pregnant Ghanaian Woman Jailed For 2 Years For Hitting Her Husband's Girlfriend by naijacentric(m): 11:49am On Jul 23, 2018
Its like a case of armed robber going to heaven while the landlord going to hell

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnant Ghanaian Woman Jailed For 2 Years For Hitting Her Husband's Girlfriend by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 23, 2018
The law is mostly to oppress the weak.

The lawn in the prison yard appears well mowed and the environment largely well maintained. If you enter the Kirikiri Prisons in Lagos, you'll be numbed for days. Words alone cannot describe the rot in that environment.

It's horrible.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Ghanaian Woman Jailed For 2 Years For Hitting Her Husband's Girlfriend by Factfinder1(m): 11:50am On Jul 23, 2018
baby124:

The woman is finer than him. She’s even pregnant. They are both on the same level.

Ok
Re: Pregnant Ghanaian Woman Jailed For 2 Years For Hitting Her Husband's Girlfriend by Didcot: 11:50am On Jul 23, 2018
I still don't understand why women are fighting over men!
I don't understand why wives are stressing about side chicks or floozies.
It is an absolute waste of time.
Let men be!!!
Re: Pregnant Ghanaian Woman Jailed For 2 Years For Hitting Her Husband's Girlfriend by HypocriticalMod: 11:52am On Jul 23, 2018
Factfinder1:
That man fine for ur eyes abi undecided
Re: Pregnant Ghanaian Woman Jailed For 2 Years For Hitting Her Husband's Girlfriend by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 23, 2018
She's expected to compensate the 'injured' victim for the 'damages' caused and not supposed to be jailed for this act. This is a mere case of assault and battery.
Re: Pregnant Ghanaian Woman Jailed For 2 Years For Hitting Her Husband's Girlfriend by Sterope(f): 11:53am On Jul 23, 2018
Serves her right but they should have considered her condition.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant Ghanaian Woman Jailed For 2 Years For Hitting Her Husband's Girlfriend by Eliteklaus(m): 11:56am On Jul 23, 2018
Ghana again?
Re: Pregnant Ghanaian Woman Jailed For 2 Years For Hitting Her Husband's Girlfriend by missyadorable(f): 11:57am On Jul 23, 2018
That serves her right. She should have channeled her anger to her husband

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anxiety As Two Sisters Disappear In Bayelsa (photo) / 7 Nigerians Arrested In India For Drug Trafficking / Operatives Arrest Baby Factory Owner Child Traffickers (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.