Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,527 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Lokoja, Oguta Ports 75% Completed, Says NIWA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lokoja, Oguta Ports 75% Completed, Says NIWA (12625 Views)

Izombe, Oguta In Imo Deserted As Soldiers Order Shoot At Sight, 3 Dead (Video) / NIWA Begins Concession Process For Onitsha Port (Photos) / President Buhari Appoints George Moghalu As NIWA Boss (2) (3) (4)

Lokoja, Oguta Ports 75% Completed, Says NIWA by Nwaforj44: 1:03pm On Jul 23, 2018
The Nigerian Inland Waterways Authority (NIWA) has disclosed that the ongoing dredging of inland waterways in Lokoja, Kogi State and Oguta, Imo State are 75 per cent completed.

NIWA, in a statement on Monday by its Public Relations Officer, Mr Jibril Dardau, noted that the agency has achieved a lot in the development of inland waterways system in Nigeria since 2015 when the present regime came on board.

According to him, “Having completed one of our major ports in Baro in Niger State, we are currently working on the port in Lokoja, Kogi State and it is almost 75 per cent completed. Besides that, we have also put in programmes for the channel management of Rivers Niger and Benue.

“That apart, our expectations from the 2018 budget is that we intend to complete the Lokoja port, so also intend to start the actual river training works of Baro to Lokoja. We are also going to buy batches to start moving cargoes from Lagos port to Onitsha and Baro.”

Dardau, said: “We are going to buy additional dredgers to enhance our capacity for in-house maintenance dredging of the channels. The port will be completed before the end of the year, as soon as the budget implementation starts, we will swing into action.

“Onitsha has been concessioned already, so operations will start any moment from now. We will also complete Oguta port in Imo State before the end of the year. It is 75 per cent completed, so we are looking at Lokoja, Oguta ports to be completed in 2018 but in 2019 we will commence the Makurdi port, we develop port as the needs arise, in phases.”

He added: “At the time Onitsha, Lokoja and Baro ports come into operation, more than 2,000 direct and indirect jobs will be created because the operations of these ports would attract infrastructure like farms, the port will be connected with rail, companies within the ports will also be handy to utilise this ports.

“The dredging maintenance from Ajeokuta-Onitsha will be done this year as soon as the budget is ready for implementation. We just completed the maintenance dredging from Baro to Idah in Kogi State and we are acquiring additional two dredgers from our 2018 budget and every year we will be adding until we have a poll of sufficient number of dredgers that we can maintain.”

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/07/lokoja-oguta-ports-75-completed-says.html

Re: Lokoja, Oguta Ports 75% Completed, Says NIWA by opymx: 1:06pm On Jul 23, 2018
NIWA should make haste with the dredging so that ships can berth in other ports apart from those in Lagos.
I am tired of unnecessary traffic caused by trucks parked carelessly on Lagos roads.

In other news, this is my first FTC since joining NL ages ago. Click LIKE for no reasons.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lokoja, Oguta Ports 75% Completed, Says NIWA by omocalabar(m): 1:06pm On Jul 23, 2018
The only completed project in this lie lie administration is the Nigerian airways logo

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lokoja, Oguta Ports 75% Completed, Says NIWA by blackaxe78: 1:07pm On Jul 23, 2018
God bless His Excellence, President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR)

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lokoja, Oguta Ports 75% Completed, Says NIWA by tolexy007(m): 1:07pm On Jul 23, 2018
this dosent look like port but a jetty undecided

Re: Lokoja, Oguta Ports 75% Completed, Says NIWA by frowland(m): 1:08pm On Jul 23, 2018
woow, so soon I can cruize with my yatch from Osha to Kogi for functions. cool

Re: Lokoja, Oguta Ports 75% Completed, Says NIWA by PUSSYBBQGRILLS(f): 1:08pm On Jul 23, 2018
Asides the insecurity issues, PMB is doing great.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lokoja, Oguta Ports 75% Completed, Says NIWA by EbiKeys(m): 1:08pm On Jul 23, 2018
If you have any registered youth group kindly contact me. shocked
Re: Lokoja, Oguta Ports 75% Completed, Says NIWA by dynicks(m): 1:09pm On Jul 23, 2018

Re: Lokoja, Oguta Ports 75% Completed, Says NIWA by opymx: 1:09pm On Jul 23, 2018
Re: Lokoja, Oguta Ports 75% Completed, Says NIWA by princemillla(m): 1:09pm On Jul 23, 2018
omocalabar:
The only completed project in this lie lie administration is the Nigerian airways logo

Ur mouth there cheesy

Re: Lokoja, Oguta Ports 75% Completed, Says NIWA by Seanpizzy10: 1:09pm On Jul 23, 2018
Re: Lokoja, Oguta Ports 75% Completed, Says NIWA by bestviewer: 1:09pm On Jul 23, 2018
It is only Onitsha Port that is viable and to a lesser extent Lakoja port, all other ports are just a waste of resources because even investors or concessionaires would not even touch those ports. Converting them to ordinary warehouses would be more profitable.

Re: Lokoja, Oguta Ports 75% Completed, Says NIWA by Kingpee2(m): 1:09pm On Jul 23, 2018
I just want #endsars to take its existence,nothing more .
Re: Lokoja, Oguta Ports 75% Completed, Says NIWA by webmaster001: 1:09pm On Jul 23, 2018
story for the gods... venue to pocket billions..

Re: Lokoja, Oguta Ports 75% Completed, Says NIWA by seekier(m): 1:10pm On Jul 23, 2018
Nonsense That work has been on since president Yaradua

Re: Lokoja, Oguta Ports 75% Completed, Says NIWA by DrObum(m): 1:10pm On Jul 23, 2018
Same thing was said 3 years ago about Onitsha port

Re: Lokoja, Oguta Ports 75% Completed, Says NIWA by profjendor(m): 1:10pm On Jul 23, 2018
lies everywhere..... like no be our same kogi

Re: Lokoja, Oguta Ports 75% Completed, Says NIWA by sherif4owo(m): 1:12pm On Jul 23, 2018
PUSSYBBQGRILLS:
Asides the insecurity issues, PMB is doing great.

You spoke my mind

Re: Lokoja, Oguta Ports 75% Completed, Says NIWA by judecares1(m): 1:12pm On Jul 23, 2018
wat will now happen to rivers and calabar seaport?
Re: Lokoja, Oguta Ports 75% Completed, Says NIWA by Jafariyya(m): 1:12pm On Jul 23, 2018
blackaxe78:
AMIN

Re: Lokoja, Oguta Ports 75% Completed, Says NIWA by toyinjimoh(m): 1:13pm On Jul 23, 2018
kogi state is in d news for good thing this year.....thank God
Re: Lokoja, Oguta Ports 75% Completed, Says NIWA by buharitill2023: 1:13pm On Jul 23, 2018
The best president so far, and the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra will not like this achievement.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lokoja, Oguta Ports 75% Completed, Says NIWA by Tarzan360(m): 1:21pm On Jul 23, 2018
cheesy They don't even have pictures to defend their lying, using picture of ( flt onne ) to cover there lies...... Show us lokoja or oguta port pictures.

Re: Lokoja, Oguta Ports 75% Completed, Says NIWA by potosky: 1:25pm On Jul 23, 2018
Please which side of lokoja is this project going on?. Hmmm am in lokoja and I can't see what this headline is saying sad

Re: Lokoja, Oguta Ports 75% Completed, Says NIWA by skallion7(m): 1:32pm On Jul 23, 2018
blackaxe78:
celebrating mediocrity, what's special in port. I pity you

Re: Lokoja, Oguta Ports 75% Completed, Says NIWA by OhiOfIhima: 1:37pm On Jul 23, 2018
omocalabar:

A child born of hatred will never have eyes to see good things... Forward ever backward never. Sixteen yrs of pee dee pee, corruption n embezzlement is their proactive government.

Re: Lokoja, Oguta Ports 75% Completed, Says NIWA by OhiOfIhima: 1:39pm On Jul 23, 2018
skallion7:
celebrating mediocrity, what's special in port. I pity you
You are one of the people dat cry for dis port, now, hatred has blindfold ur eyes.... Never blame you because u have not move an inch from your potopoto republic

Re: Lokoja, Oguta Ports 75% Completed, Says NIWA by Mutemenot(m): 1:42pm On Jul 23, 2018
frowland:
woow, so soon I can cruize with my yatch from Osha to Kogi for functions. cool
I dey parlour, if u wake let me know cheesy

PDP Closes All Forms Of Campaigns Midnight Yesterday. / Osinbajo At Forbes Awards, Says Nigeria Attracted $10bn Investment This Year / Zulum Delivers 77 Projects, Programmes In 100 Days – SSG