Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,470 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

'Nigerian Cows Look Like Marathon Runners'; Man Shares Pictures Of His Cattle. - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 'Nigerian Cows Look Like Marathon Runners'; Man Shares Pictures Of His Cattle. (52982 Views)

Cattle Destroy 35,000 Hectares Of Rice Farm In Enugu – Officials / Female Agriculture N-power Beneficiary Shares Pictures Of Her Products / Meet The Igbo Man Who Is A Cattle Rearer And See How He Does It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Nigerian Cows Look Like Marathon Runners'; Man Shares Pictures Of His Cattle. by newoffer: 7:48pm On Jul 23, 2018
That is the ancestors of a president in an African country.
Re: 'Nigerian Cows Look Like Marathon Runners'; Man Shares Pictures Of His Cattle. by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:55pm On Jul 23, 2018
Ojiofor:

We have been practicing ranching in Igboland for ages, our native goats and cows can't be compared with Fulani breed of cows .
In a decent society nobody allows livestock to wonder around to cause havoc to other people's business or property.
Its time other Nigerians go into commercial ranching like this man.

Your problem is comprehension; no need arguing with someone who obviously cannot read and understand a string of simple sentences such as the ones making up my post; I advise you to ask somebody with more intelligence to kindly go over and explain my post to you - especially the last paragraph.
Re: 'Nigerian Cows Look Like Marathon Runners'; Man Shares Pictures Of His Cattle. by HomeOfMe(f): 7:56pm On Jul 23, 2018
Sheuns:
You give a cow 1500cal of food and make it trek 100km to get another 2500cal of food. If you tell them to keep their cattle in one place now, they'll bring out daggers.
Don't mind the 1diots,illiterates.

1 Like

Re: 'Nigerian Cows Look Like Marathon Runners'; Man Shares Pictures Of His Cattle. by Ojiofor: 8:04pm On Jul 23, 2018
ItsMeAboki:

[s]Your problem is comprehension; no need arguing with someone who obviously cannot read and understand a string of simple sentences such as the ones making up my post; I advise you to ask somebody with more intelligence to kindly go over and explain my post to you - especially the last paragraph[/s].

You are right,I find it damn difficult to comprehend your support for Fulani killer herdsmen.Pislik.
Re: 'Nigerian Cows Look Like Marathon Runners'; Man Shares Pictures Of His Cattle. by Dollabiz: 8:17pm On Jul 23, 2018
Hahahahahaha
Re: 'Nigerian Cows Look Like Marathon Runners'; Man Shares Pictures Of His Cattle. by ItsMeAboki(m): 8:18pm On Jul 23, 2018
Kennydoc:

Oga, have you considered the quality of lives of those Fulani herders? If most of them were educated and contributing intellectually to the advancement of Nigeria, will they be following cows about in the bush?

Forget about your cholesterol talks. The Europeans and Americans have far better life expectancy, despite all the junks they eat. If you re very concerned about your health with respect to eating beef, then the best option will be to boycott beef almost completely. Europeans don't even eat beef as much as they eat chicken.

May I refer you again to the last paragraph of my post, especially to the words 'mixed' and 'balanced'

No you lied, the Europeans and Americans don't eat more chicken than beef; yes they have higher life expectancy but that is only due to corresponding better medical care, which does not hide the underlying high rate of food related morbid obesity and other diseases, especially those associated with the consumption of beef and dairy products.

On the home front, perhaps if many of you could wean yourselves off beef it would reduce demand and therefore have a positive impact on the (much politicised) farmer/herder conflict; however, we all know much you guys are addicted to cow meat, to the extent of eating parts that normally wouldn't be considered edible or palatable e.g. the skin which should ordinarily go into making shoes and bags, but no way, you ppl have turned it into a delicacy called pkomo; as well as other parts such as the feet and worst of all, the nose - oh my God!
Re: 'Nigerian Cows Look Like Marathon Runners'; Man Shares Pictures Of His Cattle. by sweetilicious(f): 8:21pm On Jul 23, 2018
jonathanOz:
But some people are of the opinion that nomadic cows are more nutritious than those raised in a ranch. Just as local chickens are more nutritious than the agric breed.
Could there be some truth in that?
Please don't give the Fulani's another idea for argument.
Re: 'Nigerian Cows Look Like Marathon Runners'; Man Shares Pictures Of His Cattle. by Printerscanner: 8:26pm On Jul 23, 2018
Nbote:
Cow business is fulani business... Why d govt is interested in Fulani private business is baffling... In an era where d rest of d world make use of modern farming practices, some ppl are intent on walking up and down with their livestock and ruining other ppl's businesses and lives. Why will a businessman use his business to destroy and disturb d peace of other businesses.. Imagine if everyone carries their domestic animals around jus to feed dem.. Let dem set up animal farms for their cows and let Nigerians rest...

Should government then leave you with killer Fulani herdsmen to sort yourselves?. Government has presented its own perceived solution, if you think that will not work with you, then leave government alone and go and sort out yourselves with Fulani herdsmen once and for all.
Re: 'Nigerian Cows Look Like Marathon Runners'; Man Shares Pictures Of His Cattle. by ItsMeAboki(m): 8:27pm On Jul 23, 2018
beautyhound:

see foolish talk. so its d walking long distance dt makes beef from cow lean. my brother use ur number 6 now

Yes indeed, exercise by anyone including animals such as cows makes them lean; compared to a sedentary lifestyle attendant with high calorie intake - which is the goal and what obtains in ranching.

Of course, I wouldn't expect ignorant folks like you to understand that - now who is the foolish one?
Re: 'Nigerian Cows Look Like Marathon Runners'; Man Shares Pictures Of His Cattle. by ItsMeAboki(m): 8:30pm On Jul 23, 2018
PeterUdeme:

No one is forcing you to ranch your cow, but stay in your land. don't bring your cow to the middle belt or south where they graze on people's farm.

Farming is a business too. You can't be destroying other people's business for the survival of your own business. Clashing with farmers on their own farm will spell doom for the fulani in the future, you maybe having the upper hand now, but buhari will not be president forever and their is a limit to people's patience.

Another example of failure in comprehension - did my post really suggested any of the rubbish you just posted?
Re: 'Nigerian Cows Look Like Marathon Runners'; Man Shares Pictures Of His Cattle. by legba1(m): 8:37pm On Jul 23, 2018
ItsMeAboki:
Yes quite true; however, Nigerians may in future be exchanging their healthier free range grown lean meat in exchange for less healthier high Cholesterol, heart disease inducing, hormone and antibiotics laden fatter meat.

Not everything we see and copy from Europe and America is necessarily good for us - even they too are reconsidering some of their high intensity battery farming methods for free range greener methods.

We should approach our transition with a mixed and more balanced perspective than what is otherwise being blindly canvassed.

so wats ur point?....ranched cow eat grass and foliage....not necessarily compounded ration all the time....plus this rearing method wil save us un neccessary clashes...its the way to go

1 Like

Re: 'Nigerian Cows Look Like Marathon Runners'; Man Shares Pictures Of His Cattle. by ItsMeAboki(m): 8:40pm On Jul 23, 2018
legba1:

so wats ur point?....ranched cow eat grass and foliage....not necessarily compounded ration all the time....plus this rearing method wil save us un neccessary clashes...its the way to go

My point and recommendation is quite clearly spelt out in the last paragraph of my post - if you read it at all.
Re: 'Nigerian Cows Look Like Marathon Runners'; Man Shares Pictures Of His Cattle. by ItsMeAboki(m): 8:42pm On Jul 23, 2018
Ojiofor:

You are right,I find it damn difficult to comprehend your support for Fulani killer herdsmen.Pislik.

Why am I not surprised, clearly some akpu filled brains cannot cope at all.
Re: 'Nigerian Cows Look Like Marathon Runners'; Man Shares Pictures Of His Cattle. by Gourdoinc(m): 8:47pm On Jul 23, 2018
Pidginwhisper:
And there's nobody to tell this educated illiterate man wey dey form sabi that Cows get different breeds same as goats.

There's no way Nigerian cow will look this way no matter how well its being fed, unless they cross a foreign breed with our local breed.Btw, that Cow looks more like a brahma bull.
He doesn't even knw he made a racial remark in the message. Silly bigot
then you arent informed. school yourself by visiting the cow sellers, ask them for that exact size of cow and you will be given. those special cows are exclusively bred ranch style strictly for meat production. they are the most costly. they exist in Nigeria aplenty
Re: 'Nigerian Cows Look Like Marathon Runners'; Man Shares Pictures Of His Cattle. by airsaylongcon: 8:47pm On Jul 23, 2018
Pidginwhisper:
And there's nobody to tell this educated illiterate man wey dey form sabi that Cows get different breeds same as goats.

There's no way Nigerian cow will look this way no matter how well its being fed, unless they cross a foreign breed with our local breed.Btw, that Cow looks more like a brahma bull.

Exactly my thoughts o! It's just like saying you wan feed our west African dwarf goat make e tall like Hausa goat. No matter how d goat chop reach e no go ever tall
Re: 'Nigerian Cows Look Like Marathon Runners'; Man Shares Pictures Of His Cattle. by tribalistseun: 8:50pm On Jul 23, 2018
gbosaa:
Mr Godson is not a very wise man. Why would he liken Nigerian cows to Kenyan athletes? Does he realise how racist and offensive his post was?

I’m really disappointed.
who appointed you as Kenya spokesman?

Re: 'Nigerian Cows Look Like Marathon Runners'; Man Shares Pictures Of His Cattle. by Kelmax(m): 8:53pm On Jul 23, 2018
these cows might just be castrated...
Re: 'Nigerian Cows Look Like Marathon Runners'; Man Shares Pictures Of His Cattle. by Ojiofor: 8:55pm On Jul 23, 2018
ItsMeAboki:

Why am I not surprised, clearly some akpu filled brains cannot cope at all.

Look at this kuturu almajiri boko haram fulani herdsmen asslicking cunt.
Re: 'Nigerian Cows Look Like Marathon Runners'; Man Shares Pictures Of His Cattle. by IMASTEX: 9:01pm On Jul 23, 2018
Nbote:
Cow business is fulani business... Why d govt is interested in Fulani private business is baffling... In an era where d rest of d world make use of modern farming practices, some ppl are intent on walking up and down with their livestock and ruining other ppl's businesses and lives. Why will a businessman use his business to destroy and disturb d peace of other businesses.. Imagine if everyone carries their domestic animals around jus to feed dem.. Let dem set up animal farms for their cows and let Nigerians rest...
Seriously, something has to be done. Or very soon there won't be crops in the market as people will be scared of losing their business, hence no farming. My casava farm was destroyed by cattle. I am yet to recover from the horror.

1 Like

Re: 'Nigerian Cows Look Like Marathon Runners'; Man Shares Pictures Of His Cattle. by Gkemz: 9:04pm On Jul 23, 2018
Are these cattle or elephants. These cattle look so huge compared to fulani cows which buhari wants to substitute for human lives.
Re: 'Nigerian Cows Look Like Marathon Runners'; Man Shares Pictures Of His Cattle. by alexola20(m): 9:07pm On Jul 23, 2018
Re: 'Nigerian Cows Look Like Marathon Runners'; Man Shares Pictures Of His Cattle. by anathemiamia(f): 9:24pm On Jul 23, 2018
jonathanOz:
But some people are of the opinion that nomadic cows are more nutritious than those raised in a ranch. Just as local chickens are more nutritious than the agric breed.
Could there be some truth in that?

hey, the difference is the specie (Agric chicken is a scientifically modified breed built to be bigger or lay eggs(layer)). Local chicken has not been modified in any way.

1 Like

Re: 'Nigerian Cows Look Like Marathon Runners'; Man Shares Pictures Of His Cattle. by bendike: 9:52pm On Jul 23, 2018
decatalyst:
Where things work
The ranch is in Nigeria.
Re: 'Nigerian Cows Look Like Marathon Runners'; Man Shares Pictures Of His Cattle. by bendike: 10:00pm On Jul 23, 2018
kennykg:
What's the diff btw a plane and a cow ?
Are they not both private business ?
What this diff btw an airport and a ranch ?
Private business?
But we spend billions on building/ repackaging same rickety airports.
Private business abi?

Do you know?

if the govt invest in the ranches and the herders are made to pay per cow monthly for been on the ranch, that's revenue and long term profit for the states

This would also create more jobs and revenge for all those states always looking for bail out

Beef would be more cheaper as its closer

The monoply is broken cause now you have other players on board.

The cow dung would be used for fertilizer and would be readily available at a cheaper rate

The skin aka kpomo, bones, horns can also be processed into other things which also gives rise to factories and employment.

And so much more

Don't allow people with lesser vision tweak yours with ill words this 21st century think like someone in the new age and not stone age.

All this people shouting ismlamization, killer Fulani n co ask them

who's their estate/street/ gateman/ security man ?
Who operates their fruits market eg mile 12 ?
Who's in their sabo market / cattle cow market ?
Who's their gardener ?
Who's their cheapest okada rider?

If the Fulani you say is the killer herdsmen do you think you would be reading Nairaland now ?

Even when you spread the so call killer herdsmen, it makes it easy to spot the rogue ones and deal with them according to law.

If you saying no ranching, what's the diplomatic, life saving and efficient solution you can offer ?

#commonsense

Bros you are naive.
Nb: No disrespect meant.
Re: 'Nigerian Cows Look Like Marathon Runners'; Man Shares Pictures Of His Cattle. by bendike: 10:10pm On Jul 23, 2018
Pidginwhisper:

Keep celebrating your ignorance publicly. Our breed of cows grow this big and even bigger under the right circumstances.
Re: 'Nigerian Cows Look Like Marathon Runners'; Man Shares Pictures Of His Cattle. by bendike: 10:24pm On Jul 23, 2018
Kennydoc:

Oga, average Europeans have longer life expectancy. In Europe, you see 80something and 90something year old still walking about entering buses and trains. Some live alone (especially those who don't have dementia).
I've seen a 99 year old woman who still drives. She's still alive as we're talking. How many of such women do we have in Nigeria?

Asians may be healthier and all that, but still doesn't change the fact that Europeans are healthier than Nigerians. Asains are generally more fit, eat more healthy meals (they are more inclined towards herbs and vegetarian diet), so it isn't surprising why they are healthier.
How far with the corola? Hope you got it back.
Re: 'Nigerian Cows Look Like Marathon Runners'; Man Shares Pictures Of His Cattle. by positivethought: 10:36pm On Jul 23, 2018
LordOrochimaru:
But how come Fulani herdsmen were not our problem 10 years ago? They had cows that time na
do you realised that human population is increasing while resources land inclusive is not increasing in direct proportions?,just think of the effects of this phenomenon.
Re: 'Nigerian Cows Look Like Marathon Runners'; Man Shares Pictures Of His Cattle. by FLYFIRE(m): 10:36pm On Jul 23, 2018
Sheuns:
You give a cow 1500cal of food and make it trek 100km to get another 2500cal of food. If you tell them to keep their cattle in one place now, they'll bring out daggers.
We will keep saying this for the whole world to know. If not for the Niger Delta OIL MONEY, abokis are the lower specs of Chadians & Nigeriens...they are stark illiterate born-troways. Its inferiority complex that is pushing them do all the stupid things they are doing in Nigeria today.
Re: 'Nigerian Cows Look Like Marathon Runners'; Man Shares Pictures Of His Cattle. by Pidginwhisper: 10:43pm On Jul 23, 2018
bendike:

Keep celebrating your ignorance publicly. Our breed of cows grow this big and even bigger under the right circumstances.
You're the one who should stop displaying your ignorance publicly by not reading through my post like a learned fellow.

I never mentioned anything close to big but facial appearance of the Cow uploaded. And if we are to talk about big then our breed of cow is nowhere near the size of Brangus which is a cross btw angus and brahma bull.

Brahma bull is a way bigger than our breed of cow down here. Is it the Keteku breed or muturu or is it white fulani zebu or sokoto gudali?. Nonetheless ours remain one of the best as it doesnt have too much fats compared the ones above.
Re: 'Nigerian Cows Look Like Marathon Runners'; Man Shares Pictures Of His Cattle. by Kennydoc(m): 11:16pm On Jul 23, 2018
bendike:

How far with the corola? Hope you got it back.

I no find am o. cry
Thanks for asking
Re: 'Nigerian Cows Look Like Marathon Runners'; Man Shares Pictures Of His Cattle. by isahsalee: 11:26pm On Jul 23, 2018
LordOrochimaru:
But how come Fulani herdsmen were not our problem 10 years ago? They had cows that time na

Yes, how come Fulani was not a problem to us since 18 yrs ago not until 3 yrs ago?. It's just a matter of time, we can not continue in self denial, PMb is a Fulani man and can never instigates his people against same Nigerias under his watch. That's is a truth believe it or continue to leak your woonds forever.
Re: 'Nigerian Cows Look Like Marathon Runners'; Man Shares Pictures Of His Cattle. by Ikpongiton: 12:00am On Jul 24, 2018
Pidginwhisper:
Who is this. Go and play with sand, adults are talking
a fool at, more than forty,will remain stunted and backward .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Shows Bountiful Harvest Of The Yam He Planted During Lockdown / How To Set Up A Cheap Greenhouse / Cashew Nuts Price Update!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.