Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,664 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

Osun 2018: Ssg’s Exit Won’t Affect My Victory - Oyetola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun 2018: Ssg’s Exit Won’t Affect My Victory - Oyetola (9430 Views)

Litigation May Truncate Adeleke Supposed Victory. Oyetola May Spend another 4yrs / Osun 2018 APC Governorship Rally: Oyetola, Tinubu, Osinbajo, Akeredolu Spotted / Osun 2018: Two Governorship Candidates Emerge In SDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun 2018: Ssg’s Exit Won’t Affect My Victory - Oyetola by dammy13(m): 10:40am On Jul 24, 2018
The governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Osun State, Gboyega Oyetola, has said his victory in the September 22 election won’t be affected by the exit of Moshood Adeoti.

Mr Adeoti, the former Secretary to the Government of Osun State (SSG), was one of the aspirants for the governorship ticket of the APC. He withdrew from the race on the day of the primary, saying the process was manipulated.

In a letter to his party in Osun, he (Adeoti) expressed dissatisfaction with the purported ‘imposition’ of the Chief of Staff to the governor, Mr Oyetola, as the party’s gubernatorial candidate.

He left the party for Action Democratic Party (ADP), on the grounds that his senatorial district, Osun West, was marginalised by the election of Mr Oyetola, who is from Osun Central zone. Mr Adeoti also resigned as SSG.

Mr Oyetola, however expressed his confidence of victory on Monday at the party’s secretariat in Abuja while addressing journalists after what he called a “Thank you visit” to the leadership of the party.

“Well, SSG is my brother actually, I would have loved he remains in the party. But as a matter of choice, he decides to leave the party. There is nothing anybody can do about that.

“But as for the fact that, it might affect my fortune, I don’t think so. One, if you look at the result of that election, I had 127,000 votes. These are purely members of our party. We are going to have opportunities of other voters.

“With the kind of programme I want to run and the fact that people seem to have that level of trust in me, I believe I will have more votes not only from the APC, which is our base, even from the generality of the people.

“So, I wish him (Adeoti) well. He is somebody I have some regards for too. Sometimes politics is like that. You part and meet again. I wish him well,” he said.

He also commended the process of direct primaries, urging the party leadership to adopt it for other primary elections to be conducted soon.

“I don’t see the pain in the process to be honest. You are talking of comparing two things, direct and indirect. I don’t see the pain. Indirect (primaries) gives a lot of pains because in choosing few members of the party, you are going to pay through your nose.

“It’s like a brassier, 300, 400, 500, 600… so it creates an impression of the popularity that may not be there. If you have the money, you can buy your way. That’s what it means. But this (direct primaries) allows for participation of all members of the party.

“There is nothing that is more representative than that. I am proud to be product of direct primary. That shows that I am very popular. There is no pain about that. Sometimes you need to ensure that security is good enough for miscreants that might want to hijack the process.

“Other than that, there is no pain. It is less cumbersome, it less expensive and it is very transparent and it doesn’t allow for moneybags taking over. Someone that has the money can come one day and buy their way through and before you know he becomes flagbearer. It is what I recommend to all parties.”

He lamented that some workers are still being owed in the state.

“First of all, most states have been challenged by the paucity of fund over the years but there is this misconception on the issue of salaries in Osun State.

“We paid salary from level 1 to 7, we are not owing anybody. We paid 75 per cent for people in levels 8 to 10, the only category of people we are owing is actually from level 12 to 17, likewise pension.”

http://kikiotolu.com/osun-2018-ssgs-exit-wont-affect-my-victory-oyetola/

Re: Osun 2018: Ssg’s Exit Won’t Affect My Victory - Oyetola by princechiemekam(m): 10:45am On Jul 24, 2018
Buhari is a dictator

1 Like

Re: Osun 2018: Ssg’s Exit Won’t Affect My Victory - Oyetola by cocoboss(m): 10:45am On Jul 24, 2018
i said it
Re: Osun 2018: Ssg’s Exit Won’t Affect My Victory - Oyetola by gabazin080(m): 10:45am On Jul 24, 2018
nothing concern me with this post but what I know is that buhari will never go unpunished

3 Likes

Re: Osun 2018: Ssg’s Exit Won’t Affect My Victory - Oyetola by princechiemekam(m): 10:45am On Jul 24, 2018
cool
Re: Osun 2018: Ssg’s Exit Won’t Affect My Victory - Oyetola by strangest(m): 10:45am On Jul 24, 2018
We are watching...

Re: Osun 2018: Ssg’s Exit Won’t Affect My Victory - Oyetola by Leetunechi: 10:46am On Jul 24, 2018
But Messi is still better than penaldo
Re: Osun 2018: Ssg’s Exit Won’t Affect My Victory - Oyetola by gasparpisciotta: 10:47am On Jul 24, 2018
Only time will tell
Re: Osun 2018: Ssg’s Exit Won’t Affect My Victory - Oyetola by PassingShot(m): 10:47am On Jul 24, 2018
SSG that can't get 20,000 votes in a primary election of 150k plus, is that one a popular politician?

1 Like

Re: Osun 2018: Ssg’s Exit Won’t Affect My Victory - Oyetola by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:47am On Jul 24, 2018
We are waiting and watching as matters unfold in the land.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun 2018: Ssg’s Exit Won’t Affect My Victory - Oyetola by Godjone(m): 10:48am On Jul 24, 2018
if that terrorist herder rigged this osun election again, na God go destroy him generation

1 Like

Re: Osun 2018: Ssg’s Exit Won’t Affect My Victory - Oyetola by Nobody: 10:48am On Jul 24, 2018
grin
Fayose said the same thing when his henchmen left
Re: Osun 2018: Ssg’s Exit Won’t Affect My Victory - Oyetola by sexiestharam(f): 10:49am On Jul 24, 2018
Rr
Re: Osun 2018: Ssg’s Exit Won’t Affect My Victory - Oyetola by Godjone(m): 10:49am On Jul 24, 2018
post=69656965:
We are waiting and watching as matters unfold in the land.
you said we. Who know you

2 Likes

Re: Osun 2018: Ssg’s Exit Won’t Affect My Victory - Oyetola by Adedotun13(m): 10:49am On Jul 24, 2018
Incoming governor cool

2 Likes

Re: Osun 2018: Ssg’s Exit Won’t Affect My Victory - Oyetola by nickxtra(m): 10:50am On Jul 24, 2018
You can't afford to lose some big weights in your party, otherwise what befell Gov. Fayose and his stooge, Eleka befalls you. Approach and see if you can mend fences with Chief Adeoti.
Re: Osun 2018: Ssg’s Exit Won’t Affect My Victory - Oyetola by Aladaofada(m): 10:54am On Jul 24, 2018
For That Issues Of Salary U Mention,na god of thunder go kill u and ur entire family.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun 2018: Ssg’s Exit Won’t Affect My Victory - Oyetola by Metuh: 10:55am On Jul 24, 2018
E go shock this mumu

1 Like

Re: Osun 2018: Ssg’s Exit Won’t Affect My Victory - Oyetola by Yomboy4ever(m): 10:56am On Jul 24, 2018
Leetunechi:
But Messi is still better than penaldo

You might be wrong if we rate by The Just concluded world cup CR is..

2 Likes

Re: Osun 2018: Ssg’s Exit Won’t Affect My Victory - Oyetola by BafanaBafana: 10:57am On Jul 24, 2018
Now this is an aspirant talking. Not like one prof in Ekiti that nobody heard his voice through out election.
Re: Osun 2018: Ssg’s Exit Won’t Affect My Victory - Oyetola by Walexybobo(m): 11:00am On Jul 24, 2018
And if ur oga don't pay the salary and pension u r on ur own.

2 Likes

Re: Osun 2018: Ssg’s Exit Won’t Affect My Victory - Oyetola by legendEMT(m): 11:34am On Jul 24, 2018
buhari will fail

1 Like

Re: Osun 2018: Ssg’s Exit Won’t Affect My Victory - Oyetola by emmangrace: 1:56pm On Jul 24, 2018
PassingShot:
SSG that can't get 20,000 votes in a primary election of 150k plus, is that one a popular politician?
Let 's wait and see what happen. Do you think people are happy with the outcome, because people kept quiet does mean they don't know what they want to do. People will fight with their blood to make sure they set themselves free from slavery. People are suffering inspite of all Buhari's effort to cushing worker's plight by sending bail-out, see what become of them now. All workers in Osun are on a spot for over 8 years- no promotion. As if that is not enough no full salary. I pity them, because many of them are in abject poverty. They want somebody that has no link with Jagaban as well as Aregbe.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun 2018: Ssg’s Exit Won’t Affect My Victory - Oyetola by PassingShot(m): 1:59pm On Jul 24, 2018
emmangrace:

Let 's wait and see what happen. Do you think people are happy with the outcome, because people kept quiet does mean they don't know what they want to do. People will fight with their blood to make sure they set themselves free from slavery. People are suffering inspite of all Buhari's effort to cushing worker's plight by sending bail-out, see what become of them now. All workers in Osun are on a spot for over 8 years- no promotion. As if that is not enough no full salary. I pity them, because many of them are in abject poverty. They want somebody that has no link with Jagaban as well as Aregbe.
Story story.

An SSG who doesn't have a good following can't win in Osun. Adeleke can only win his senatorial district. Aregbe will deliver his own and Oyetola will deliver his. End of story.
Re: Osun 2018: Ssg’s Exit Won’t Affect My Victory - Oyetola by lordcrypto: 2:11pm On Jul 24, 2018
emmangrace:

abeg,talk your own, know dey add people to your comment, did you know the mind of other people
Re: Osun 2018: Ssg’s Exit Won’t Affect My Victory - Oyetola by Championlaw200(m): 2:37pm On Jul 24, 2018
OMISORE IS OUR NEXT GOVERNOR IN OSUN STATE
PassingShot:

Story story.

An SSG who doesn't have a good following can't win in Osun. Adeleke can only win his senatorial district. Aregbe will deliver his own and Oyetola will deliver his. End of story.
Re: Osun 2018: Ssg’s Exit Won’t Affect My Victory - Oyetola by ufuosman(m): 3:36pm On Jul 24, 2018
Osun fight will not be easy, so many things dey will learn for ekiti election
Re: Osun 2018: Ssg’s Exit Won’t Affect My Victory - Oyetola by luckygirl02(f): 3:51pm On Jul 24, 2018
It's just so sad Mr Adeoti withdrew. I would have loved him to win the primary. He is a good man

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Has Powers To Investigate Benue State Accounts – Court / Give Reasons Why You Will Be Voting For Your Candidate / Get Over Your Electoral Defeat, Hon. Ben Kalu's Aide Mocks Chima Anyaso [VIDEO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.