Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,104 members, 7,852,742 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 03:53 AM

Islamization Of Nigeria: The Error Of Commission Or Omission - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Islamization Of Nigeria: The Error Of Commission Or Omission (1911 Views)

Delta 2023: Confusion Over Omission Of PDP Candidate, Okowa Sues For Calm / 2023: APC Considers Court Action Over Inec’s Omission Of Lawan, Akpabio / 36 Dead Cows: Error Of Commission Or Ommission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islamization Of Nigeria: The Error Of Commission Or Omission by Tripleoluwa(m): 1:29pm On Jul 24, 2018
The media and the public have been awash with the story that some people want to islamized Nigeria, and every fingers has been pointed at the president, largely because of his perceived inaction towards the wanton malevolence that has engulfed the nations in some parts of the country.

Error Of Commission:

Everyone who has read or heard about the Cambridge Analytica scandal of how a certain Nigeria oil business man, during the 2015 general election, paid the sum of $2m to Cambridge Analytica, to spread propaganda video of how Buhari would islamize Nigeria, if elected. If you are aware of that huge scandal and still believe that PMB wants to islamize Nigeria, I leave you with your thoughts.

Error Of Omission:

In case you believe that PMB wants to islamize Nigeria, but you have not heard or read about the Cambridge Analytica scandal, you have been misled and you are also angry at the wrong person(PMB). Here's the link to the scandal:

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/apr/04/cambridge-analytica-used-violent-video-to-try-to-influence-nigerian-election

The Cambridge Analytica scandal was so huge in the UK that the company was shut down, after a former employee of Cambridge Analytica blew the whistle on how the company was paid $2m by a supporter of PDP to spread propaganda video against Buhari of how he would islamize Nigeria if he won the 2015 election. Our anger as concerned citizens of Nigeria should be against that particular devil who paid for such seed to be sown into the Nigerian public mind. If someone could pay for a lie to be spread, that kind of a person will pay for the lie to stick. This same devil who paid for that propaganda could pay killers behind these killings just to make sure that the lie is permanently sown in our hearts, all for the sake of power.

I'm a Nigerian and I love my country. Some of you may say I'm a member of BMC or a Yoruba Muslim. For your info, I'm neither. I'm a Nigerian. It is this same line of religion they are using to further divide us, that was why some of the killings were perpetuated in xtian dominated areas to give it religious coloration.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Islamization Of Nigeria: The Error Of Commission Or Omission by bedspread: 1:48pm On Jul 24, 2018
Bmc media always there to vomit Thrash...

Was Pmb paid not to attack the Herdsmen??

Was Pmb paid to Utter His Blood Utterances befor the Elections ??

Was Pmb paid not to give the ipob boys treatment to the Killers??

Was Pmb paid not to Release Dasuki despite being free from the Court?

Bmc Media Crew you guys need Divine Slaps

4 Likes

Re: Islamization Of Nigeria: The Error Of Commission Or Omission by Kdon2: 1:58pm On Jul 24, 2018
Tripleoluwa:
The media and the public have been awash with the story that some people want to islamized Nigeria, and every fingers has been pointed at the president, largely because of his perceived inaction towards the wanton malevolence that has engulfed the nations in some parts of the country.

Error Of Commission:

Everyone who has read or heard about the Cambridge Analytica scandal of how a certain Nigeria oil business man, during the 2015 general election, paid the sum of $2m to Cambridge Analytica, to spread propaganda video of how Buhari would islamize Nigeria, if elected. If you are aware of that huge scandal and still believe that PMB wants to islamize Nigeria, I leave you with your thoughts.

Error Of Omission:

In case you believe that PMB wants to islamize Nigeria, but you have not heard or read about the Cambridge Analytica scandal, you have been misled and you are also angry at the wrong person(PMB). Here's the link to the scandal:

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/apr/04/cambridge-analytica-used-violent-video-to-try-to-influence-nigerian-election

The Cambridge Analytica scandal was so huge in the UK that the company was shut down, after a former employee of Cambridge Analytica blew the whistle on how the company was paid $2m by a supporter of PDP to spread propaganda video against Buhari of how he would islamize Nigeria if he won the 2015 election. Our anger as concerned citizens of Nigeria should be against that particular devil who paid for such seed to be sown into the Nigerian public mind. If someone could pay for a lie to be spread, that kind of a person will pay for the lie to stick. This same devil who paid for that propaganda could pay killers behind these killings just to make sure that the lie is permanently sown in our hearts, all for the sake of power.

I'm a Nigerian and I love my country. Some of you may say I'm a member of BMC or a Yoruba Muslim. For your info, I'm neither. I'm a Nigerian. It is this same line of religion they are using to further divide us, that was why some of the killings were perpetuated in xtian dominated areas to give it religious coloration.

Nigerians are not fools you know, we have some of the best brains in the world. So stop playing with our intelligence. Buhari's body language speaks volume, we don't need any Cambridge analytical to know this!

5 Likes

Re: Islamization Of Nigeria: The Error Of Commission Or Omission by Kdon2: 1:59pm On Jul 24, 2018
Tripleoluwa:

Error Of Commission:

Error Of Omission:

Nigerians are not fools you know, we have some of the best brains in the world. So stop playing with our intelligence. Buhari's body language speaks volume, we don't need any Cambridge analytical to know this!

4 Likes

Re: Islamization Of Nigeria: The Error Of Commission Or Omission by Tripleoluwa(m): 2:06pm On Jul 24, 2018
Kdon2:

I know that Nigerians are not fools, but I tell you that after reading the Cambridge Analytica scandal and one refuses to think twice about these killings, then I don't know. The Cambridge Analytica scandal is not a Nigerian scandal. It was a scandal in the UK, to the point that the company was shut down and the company executives were interrogated. Even facebook that allowed people's data to be harvested by this same Cambridge Analytica was questioned by the American senate.

As per Buhari's body language, I hope he does something concrete about it soon. In fact, I expect PMB to explore diplomatic channels to bring the Cambridge Analytica executives to reveal the person who paid them $2m for that propaganda video, just maybe it could give a headway into understanding who are behind these killings

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamization Of Nigeria: The Error Of Commission Or Omission by Kdon2: 2:11pm On Jul 24, 2018
Tripleoluwa:

I know that Nigerians are not fools, but I tell you that after reading the Cambridge Analytica scandal and one refuses to think twice about these killings, then I don't know. The Cambridge Analytica scandal is not a Nigerian scandal. It was a scandal in the UK, to the point that the company was shut down and the company executives were interrogated. Even facebook that allowed people's data to be harvested by this same Cambridge Analytica was questioned by the American senate.

Killings on a massive scale started during Jonathan ere and it has not stopped. The problem is president buhari's response has been at best patronising. He even made televised statements that are irrefutable now and didn't deny he made those statement. For a statesman, buhari is not my idea of one! Do you know that in plateau and Benue states, the fulanis sacked lawful communities with illegal arms and renamed those communities in fulani names,in a state where there is constitutionally elected government! What happen? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

5 Likes

Re: Islamization Of Nigeria: The Error Of Commission Or Omission by Tripleoluwa(m): 2:13pm On Jul 24, 2018
Kdon2:

Killings on a massive scale started during Jonathan ere and it has not stopped. The problem is president buhari's response has been at best patronising. He even made televised statements that are irrefutable now and didn't deny he made those statement. For a statesman, buhari is not my idea of one!

Please which statement is that? I don't like missing news

1 Like

Re: Islamization Of Nigeria: The Error Of Commission Or Omission by Tripleoluwa(m): 2:14pm On Jul 24, 2018
Kdon2:

Killings on a massive scale started during Jonathan ere and it has not stopped. The problem is president buhari's response has been at best patronising. He even made televised statements that are irrefutable now and didn't deny he made those statement. For a statesman, buhari is not my idea of one!

which statement is that please? I don't like missing news

1 Like

Re: Islamization Of Nigeria: The Error Of Commission Or Omission by Kdon2: 2:26pm On Jul 24, 2018
Tripleoluwa:

which statement is that please? I don't like missing news

Didn't you read about proposed amnesty for bokoharam and buhari comparing share heartless killers with Niger delta agitators? Or the statement by his spokesperson femi adesina that it is better you give your land to herdsmen or you die! And that only when you are alive can you claim ownership of your land. In other words give your land to Fulani herdsmen to stay alive! What nonsense! Abeg I m getting angry already!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamization Of Nigeria: The Error Of Commission Or Omission by Ebimor96: 2:28pm On Jul 24, 2018
Re: Islamization Of Nigeria: The Error Of Commission Or Omission by Ebimor96: 2:29pm On Jul 24, 2018
bedspread:
Bmc media always there to vomit Thrash...

Was Pmb paid not to attack the Herdsmen??

Was Pmb paid to Utter His Blood Utterances befor the Elections ??

Was Pmb paid not to give the ipob boys treatment to the Killers??

Was Pmb paid not to Release Dasuki despite being free from the Court?

Bmc Media Crew you guys need Divine Slaps

Oya make una take am
Re: Islamization Of Nigeria: The Error Of Commission Or Omission by Ebimor96: 2:30pm On Jul 24, 2018
Re: Islamization Of Nigeria: The Error Of Commission Or Omission by Tripleoluwa(m): 2:59pm On Jul 24, 2018
Kdon2:

Didn't you read about proposed amnesty for bokoharam and buhari comparing share heartless killers with Niger delta agitators? Or the statement by his spokesperson femi adesina that it is better you give your land to herdsmen or you die! And that only when you are alive can you claim ownership of your land. In other words give your land to Fulani herdsmen to stay alive! What nonsense! Abeg I m getting angry already!

Don't get angry. So far, you have been reasonable and not abusive like some that we know here. Mr Femi Adeshina and the presidency know why they opted for that solution. That solution as I read was contained in the confab resolution, to give grazing lands to herders to avoid the perennial farmer vs herdsmen issue. Na so I read am

1 Like

Re: Islamization Of Nigeria: The Error Of Commission Or Omission by Kdon2: 3:17pm On Jul 24, 2018
Tripleoluwa:

Don't get angry. So far, you have been reasonable and not abusive like some that we know here. Mr Femi Adeshina and the presidency know why they opted for that solution. That solution as I read was contained in the confab resolution, to give grazing lands to herders to avoid the perennial farmer vs herdsmen issue. Na so I read am

My brother that solution is no option. Imagine the government acquiring land in the north for igbo people to prosecute their business empire. Do you think the north will accept such? Professor ango abdulahi in a recent interview even said fulani owns all land! I believe if the igbos in the north can comport themselves among their northern hosts then fulani herders need to learn how to respect the wishes of their hosts too.Every private business is at the behest of the owner. Herds rearing is a private business. Truth be told, this government had fuel suspicion by utterances and body language.

5 Likes

Re: Islamization Of Nigeria: The Error Of Commission Or Omission by Tripleoluwa(m): 3:43pm On Jul 24, 2018
Kdon2:

My brother that solution is no option. Imagine the government acquiring land in the north for igbo people to prosecute their business empire. Do you think the north will accept such? Professor ango abdulahi in a recent interview even said fulani owns all land! I believe if the igbos in the north can comport themselves among their northern hosts then fulani herders need to learn how to respect the wishes of their hosts too.Every private business is at the behest of the owner. Herds rearing is a private business. Truth be told, this government had fuel suspicion by utterances and body language.

Well, the confab only issue a mere advisory report. Don't forget that the report was submitted before this administration came on board. But trying to implement parts of the confab report made before he came doesn't make PMB wants to islamize the country.

The islamization story was created by that person who paid $2m to Cambridge Analytica, don't forget. It is very important. That same person could be the one paying these ragtag killers

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Islamization Of Nigeria: The Error Of Commission Or Omission by Kdon2: 3:53pm On Jul 24, 2018
Tripleoluwa:

Well, the confab only issue a mere advisory report. Don't forget that the report was submitted before this administration came on board. But trying to implement parts of the confab report made before he came doesn't make PMB wants to islamize the country.

The islamization story was created by that person who paid $2m to Cambridge Analytica, don't forget. It is very important. That same person could be the one paying these ragtag killers

So you accept a part of a report and discard the other parts right? How convenient!

2 Likes

Re: Islamization Of Nigeria: The Error Of Commission Or Omission by Tripleoluwa(m): 4:17pm On Jul 24, 2018
Kdon2:

So you accept a part of a report and discard the other parts right? How convenient!

To accept part of a confab report and pend the others still did not make PMB want to islamize Nigeria, that's the point. The point I want concerned Nigerians to take seriously is that person, who paid $2m to Cambridge Analytica for propaganda, that PMB would islamize the country. That's the person we should be all angry at. If the person could pay for lies, such a person can pay for that lie to look real. So these killings can be said that they are being sponsored by that same person.

Dapchi girls that were released was without Leah sharibu, the only xtian girl among them. To me, that was a script to tilt the abduction in the way of religious conspiracy. Priests are being killed in Benue, xtian communities have been raided in different places. These are coordinated attacks in strategic places. If you connect the dots from the Cambridge Analytica scandal to these killings and the public outcry of impending islamization, you will get the picture my man. Please the real enemy is out there, somewhere laughing hysterically. I pray almighty God to open our eyes and also punish whoever is perpetuating these heinous wanton malevolence
Re: Islamization Of Nigeria: The Error Of Commission Or Omission by Kdon2: 4:39pm On Jul 24, 2018
Tripleoluwa:

To accept part of a confab report and pend the others still did not make PMB want to islamize Nigeria, that's the point. The point I want concerned Nigerians to take seriously is that person, who paid $2m to Cambridge Analytica for propaganda, that PMB would islamize the country. That's the person we should be all angry at. If the person could pay for lies, such a person can pay for that lie to look real. So these killings can be said that they are being sponsored by that same person.

Dapchi girls that were released was without Leah sharibu, the only xtian girl among them. To me, that was a script to tilt the abduction in the way of religious conspiracy. Priests are being killed in Benue, xtian communities have been raided in different places. These are coordinated attacks in strategic places. If you connect the dots from the Cambridge Analytica scandal to these killings and the public outcry of impending islamization, you will get the picture my man. Please the real enemy is out there, somewhere laughing hysterically. I pray almighty God to open our eyes and also punish whoever is perpetuating these heinous wanton malevolence

Please consider too the reaction from the presidency so far regarding this incidents. Very very passive I must say considering the level of violence.

2 Likes

Re: Islamization Of Nigeria: The Error Of Commission Or Omission by resurgent2019: 5:04pm On Jul 24, 2018
Tripleoluwa:

Do we have intelligence agencies in Nigeria? And who do they answer to? Yes, you have got your answer now.

Snap out of your spin doctor mode!

1 Like

Re: Islamization Of Nigeria: The Error Of Commission Or Omission by buhariguy(m): 5:09pm On Jul 24, 2018
OK
Re: Islamization Of Nigeria: The Error Of Commission Or Omission by Tripleoluwa(m): 5:19pm On Jul 24, 2018
Kdon2:

Please consider too the reaction from the presidency so far regarding this incidents. Very very passive I must say considering the level of violence.

Yes, I agree with you 100%. Solving issues like is very complex.

Even when it was debated in the UK parliament, the MP that presented the debate said solving these killings in Nigeria require complex solutions.

So when the presidency said they are still brainstorming on the issue of killings, I quickly agreed because a British MP also think so
Re: Islamization Of Nigeria: The Error Of Commission Or Omission by Kdon2: 5:40pm On Jul 24, 2018
Tripleoluwa:

Yes, I agree with you 100%. Solving issues like is very complex.

Even when it was debated in the UK parliament, the MP that presented the debate said solving these killings in Nigeria require complex solutions.

So when the presidency said they are still brainstorming on the issue of killings, I quickly agreed because a British MP also think so

My brother, president buhari when he visited president trump exonerated herdsmen saying Nigeria herdsmen don't carry weapon but only sticks. Can you imagine that. He was trying to make Nigeria look good I suppose, yet he went to UN event to describe Nigeria youths as lazy! Who is lazy if not a president who fails to do his research properly! He relies more in hearsay I believe. What moral ground does he have to make such reckless statement as a father to these youth when His son uses power bike worth N116 million without working! The truth is people like Buhari has no business ruling this country at all.
Re: Islamization Of Nigeria: The Error Of Commission Or Omission by meccuno: 5:48pm On Jul 24, 2018
[s]
Tripleoluwa:

Error Of Commission:

Error Of Omission:

[/s]
Re: Islamization Of Nigeria: The Error Of Commission Or Omission by mpianya39(m): 6:08pm On Jul 24, 2018
Tripleoluwa:

Error Of Commission:

Error Of Omission:

Zoo-man reasoning grin grin

1 Like

Re: Islamization Of Nigeria: The Error Of Commission Or Omission by Tripleoluwa(m): 8:10pm On Jul 24, 2018
Kdon2:

My brother, president buhari when he visited president trump exonerated herdsmen saying Nigeria herdsmen don't carry weapon but only sticks. Can you imagine that. He was trying to make Nigeria look good I suppose, yet he went to UN event to describe Nigeria youths as lazy! Who is lazy if not a president who fails to do his research properly! He relies more in hearsay I believe. What moral ground does he have to make such reckless statement as a father to these youth when His son uses power bike worth N116 million without working! The truth is people like Buhari has no business ruling this country at all.

Sir, the argument here is that a particular person paid $2m to Cambridge Analytica to lie that PMB will islamize Nigeria. And the recent killings in xtian dominated areas have added malicious credence to that false alarm.

To the above about Nigerian youths being lazy, the president did not say Nigerian youths are lazy. Have you seen the video? Here's the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k3gzjsIcOk

Please always look for fact before arriving at conclusions. Many false stories are daily being reported. Watch the video and see
Re: Islamization Of Nigeria: The Error Of Commission Or Omission by Kdon2: 9:18pm On Jul 24, 2018
Tripleoluwa:

Sir, the argument here is that a particular person paid $2m to Cambridge Analytica to lie that PMB will islamize Nigeria. And the recent killings in xtian dominated areas have added malicious credence to that false alarm.

To the above about Nigerian youths being lazy, the president did not say Nigerian youths are lazy. Have you seen the video? Here's the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k3gzjsIcOk

Please always look for fact before arriving at conclusions. Many false stories are daily being reported. Watch the video and see

I am a very informed person because thats my job and I have my facts right! Let me paraphrase what was on the video you sent; "most of our youths don't want to work they want free everything from government. " please what does that mean? Anyway the issue is Cambridge analytical right? But for me its that buhari has disappointed a lot who called him Mr integrity and expected performance but got inaction. He is only concern about power not leadership. No good leader act the way he does.

1 Like

Re: Islamization Of Nigeria: The Error Of Commission Or Omission by Tripleoluwa(m): 6:11am On Jul 25, 2018
resurgent2019:

Do we have intelligence agencies in Nigeria? And who do they answer to? Yes, you have got your answer now.

Snap out of your spin doctor mode!

Of course, intelligence agencies answer to the president. And do you think they are not working? I don't know what their modus operandi is, and you may say the current state of security suggest that they are not working, but they will be definitely doing something
Re: Islamization Of Nigeria: The Error Of Commission Or Omission by Tripleoluwa(m): 6:16am On Jul 25, 2018
Kdon2:

I am a very informed person because thats my job and I have my facts right! Let me paraphrase what was on the video you sent; "most of our youths don't want to work they want free everything from government. " please what does that mean? Anyway the issue is Cambridge analytical right? But for me its that buhari has disappointed a lot who called him Mr integrity and expected performance but got inaction. He is only concern about power not leadership. No good leader act the way he does.

That still didn't make him wants to islamize Nigeria. He didn't ask the Nigerian youths to join Islam before they get freebies. He simply charged them to be productive and he has enacted policies to assist them. Examples of such policy is the anchor borrowers policy. A friend of mine and her fiance got #6m to start their poultry project, the N-power program is still running, farm equipments have no import duties etc.. You can hear him talk about those things in the video
Re: Islamization Of Nigeria: The Error Of Commission Or Omission by Kdon2: 7:11am On Jul 25, 2018
Tripleoluwa:

That still didn't make him wants to islamize Nigeria. He didn't ask the Nigerian youths to join Islam before they get freebies. He simply charged them to be productive and he has enacted policies to assist them. Examples of such policy is the anchor borrowers policy. A friend of mine and her fiance got #6m to start their poultry project, the N-power program is still running, farm equipments have no import duties etc.. You can hear him talk about those things in the video

Yeah! I heard him alright, but what has that translated to in real terms? For me whether he wants to islamise Nigeria or not is his problem, all I choose to evaluate is his abysmal performance and blunders from a leader from day one of this administration. Thanks though. Good morning
Re: Islamization Of Nigeria: The Error Of Commission Or Omission by orisa37: 7:25am On Jul 25, 2018
God, Almighty, The Supreme Spirit is handling Nigeria with CARE 'cos there are presently more than 36 Righteous men in Nigeria today.
Re: Islamization Of Nigeria: The Error Of Commission Or Omission by Tripleoluwa(m): 7:48am On Jul 25, 2018
Kdon2:

Yeah! I heard him alright, but what has that translated to in real terms? For me whether he wants to islamise Nigeria or not is his problem, all I choose to evaluate is his abysmal performance and blunders from a leader from day one of this administration. Thanks though. Good morning

Patience is what we need to exercise before these things starts to manifest. Remember when GSM was introduced, not many people believed it or can afford it, but today we all know the importance of GSM.

That's how this one is gonna work out. With time, the anchor borrowers policy will help to multiply farm produce, because a lot of people got the loan and with time, surge in prices of farm produce will go down. Also the FG embargo on dollar subsidy to some 41 banned items, especially rice, will encourage local investment in rice cultivation as seen in Lake Rice. Other people too have invested in rice but it will take a little while before we achieve national metric ton that can sustain us. By that time, the invisible hand of demand and supply will regulate price, govt too would put regulations in place to ensure price control.

That was how network providers started when MTN and Econnet were charging per minute until Glo came with per seconds billing. NCC too have done their part by further regulating call tariffs and data roll-over. Good morning
Re: Islamization Of Nigeria: The Error Of Commission Or Omission by Kdon2: 8:07am On Jul 25, 2018
Tripleoluwa:

Patience is what we need to exercise before these things starts to manifest. Remember when GSM was introduced, not many people believed it or can afford it, but today we all know the importance of GSM.

That's how this one is gonna work out. With time, the anchor borrowers policy will help to multiply farm produce, because a lot of people got the loan and with time, surge in prices of farm produce will go down. Also the FG embargo on dollar subsidy to some 41 banned items, especially rice, will encourage local investment in rice cultivation as seen in Lake Rice. Other people too have invested in rice but it will take a little while before we achieve national metric ton that can sustain us. By that time, the invisible hand of demand and supply will regulate price, govt too would put regulations in place to ensure price control.

That was how network providers started when MTN and Econnet were charging per minute until Glo came with per seconds billing. NCC too have done their part by further regulating call tariffs and data roll-over. Good morning

Obasanjo didn't wait for a second term to heal Nigeria from the plunder that buhari declared never happened! He hit the ground running. Let someone in sync with current world take the wheel of Nigeria. Negotiation will get us there not force or body language which has now turn to offensive body odour in many quarters including buhari wife aishat who also joined wailers before she was cautioned. And that was because she knew her husband wasn't measuring up to expectations of Nigerians. These are hard facts!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures From The Ongoing Reconstruction Of Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium Benin City / Atiku Finally Surpass Buhari On Instagram Followers / Photos Of PDP DG, Crowd Jubilating, Waiting For Buhari For His Rally In Gombe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.