Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,997 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) (65872 Views)

Opposition Parties Claim Majority In House Of Representatives, First Time Ever / Peter Obi: I Can Govern Nigeria Without LP Having Majority In National Assembly / APC Loses Majority In National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by aminulive: 7:14pm On Jul 24, 2018
@POLITICSNGR

PoliticsNGR has learned that the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC is still in full control of the Senate as it outnumbers the Opposition Peoples Democratic Party with two Senators.

Senate leader, Ahmed Lawan revealed this at a press conference on Tuesday after a 2-hour intense meeting with the APC caucus in the Senate. Lawan said;

“You’ll recall that some members of our family, the APC family gave a list that they have decamped from the APC to the PDP and other parties, the ADC in particular. It is with a heavy heart that we have to watch our brothers and sisters in the APC caucus take the action they did.

“And we still are optimistic and confident that we will work with our leaders of the APC to bring back our colleagues who had gone.

“The essence of this press briefing is to let you know that even though some of our colleagues have left, the APC remains the majority party in the Senate in terms of numbers. Out of the 109 senators, APC has 52, the PDP has 50, ADC has three and APGA has two. And you’ll recall that we lost two of our colleagues. So we have two vacant seats and the total gives you 109.”

“I want to assure you that by the grace of God, INEC will conduct the by-elections, the APC will win because these are our safest seats.

“In addition, we are still expecting some of our colleagues in the original PDP who have expressed willingness to join the APC.

“For our colleagues that have left, we are still optimistic that many of them or all of them will have a change of heart.

“APC remains the majority party in the Senate. I will not be speaking for the House of Reps but I want to tell you too that APC remains 0the majority party too in the House of Reps.

“I want to use this opportunity to tell Nigerians that APC remains the majority and this majority will continue to support Mr. President to ensure that we fulfill our campaign promises. I have a list, we don’t do our things like others do, we back whatever we say with facts.”

Mr. Lawan brought out a list where he read the names of the 52 senators he claimed to be in APC.

They include; Adamu Aliero (Kebbi), Yahaya Abdullahi (Kebbi), Bala Ibn Na’Allah (Kebbi), Aliyu Wammako (Sokoto), Ibrahim Gobir (Sokoto), Ahmed Yerima (Zamfara), Kabir Marafa (Zamfara), Tijjani Kaura(Zamfara), Abu Ibrahim (Katsina), Umar Kurfi (Katsina), Kabir Gaya (Kano), Barau Jibrin (Kano), Abdullahi Gumel (Jigawa), Sabo Mohammed (Jigawa), Shehu Sani (Kaduna), Ahmed Lawan (Yobe), Bukar Abba Ibrahim (Yobe), Ali Ndume (Borno), Abu Kyari (Borno), Baba Kaka Garbai (Borno),

Sabi Abdullahi (Niger), David Umar (Niger), Mustapha Muhammed (Niger), Abdullahi Adamu (Nasarawa), George Akume (Benue), Joshua Dariye (Plateau), Francis Alimikhena (Edo), Andrew Uchendu (Rivers), Magnus Abe (Rivers), Ovie Omo-Agege (Delta), John Enoh (Cross River), Nelson Effiong (Akwa Ibom), Andy Uba (Anambra), Sonni Ogbuoji (Ebonyi), Hope Uzodinma (Imo), Ben Uwajimogu (Imo), Danjuma Goje (Gombe), Binta Masi Garba (Adamawa), Ahmed Abubakar (Adamawa), Yusuf A. Yusuf (Taraba).

Oluremi Tinubu (Lagos), Gbenga Ashafa (Lagos), Solomon Adeola (Lagos), Tayo Alasoadura (Ondo), Gbolahan Dada (Ogun), Soji Akanbi (Oyo), Ajayi Boroffice (Ondo), Yele Omogunwa (Ondo), Abdulfatai Buhari (Oyo), Babajide Omoworare (Osun), Sola Adeyeye (Osun), Fatimat Raji-Rasaki (Ekiti).

Lawan said the number of PDP senators could even be less than 50 as the party expelled one of its senators recently.

https://politicsngr.com/just-apc-still-majority-senate-full-list-senators/

42 Likes 7 Shares

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by CharleyBright(m): 7:17pm On Jul 24, 2018
Continue to deceive yourself.
APC is a sinking ship
What you don't know is that those planing the APC coup are strategists carefully masterminding the sinking of the APC ship.
Did You expected a Mass defection? That's not ideal.
Its going to be in batches.
There are still Saraki and his loyalists in APC who are still there on startegic purpose.
Politics is not a game for novice.
Saraki who has proven not to be a novice in the gameis still in control and strategically monitoring affairs right inside APC ship.

I pity Buhari and his mumu supporters on Nairaland and other social media.
Una go know how far when Tinubu too go jump ship.

By the way, I made FTC. What is my price?
Seun, quick come o. Today is Defection day, you better come and settle me before I decamp to another Forum.

293 Likes 14 Shares

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jul 24, 2018
Fact don't lie

58 Likes 8 Shares

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 24, 2018
CharleyBright:
Continue to deceive yourself

He listed their names.
Are u so much against fact and figures?
What a sentimental human being with no love for fact?

237 Likes 16 Shares

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by Doerstech(m): 7:19pm On Jul 24, 2018
OK Mr Lawal keep consoling urself ...by the time the second batch departs ur eye go clear.,

108 Likes 8 Shares

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by countryfive: 7:19pm On Jul 24, 2018
We can see the pain clearly written all over their faces 2019 elections will be different from 2015

2015 was se and ss against the rest of the country
But 2019 will be se + ss + middle belt + ne and about 40% of Christians and south easterners
(Developers) living in the southwest

Its won't be Christian vs Muslim
But Muslim vs Muslim , northerner vs northerner
That's why I pity people who brag and say buhari
And tinubu alone will crush PDP

Buhari has lost Benue , taraba, jos , kwara and even southern Kaduna, Adamawa and sotoko
Will vote for atiku because he is their person
Dino will definitely deliver most part of kogi
With over 90% votes from IMO, anambra, ebonyi,
Enugu, abia, calabar, delta, bayelsa , akwaibom ,
Rivers state ,

61 Likes 7 Shares

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by sykeng(m): 7:19pm On Jul 24, 2018
APC Is PDP vis-à-vis, they defected because of their personal interest/gains, not because of the poor masses interest, those reverencing these looters (I mean all Nigeria politicians are looters) I shame for you all. If them like let them roast buhari's balls and feed it to the dogs or throw saraki in the lions den, non is my fucking biz. we have been experiencing many ills in this country, like extortion from SARS, manhandling of civilians by soldiers, extortion of all kinds from our Government but d top politicians would keep mute as if its happening to a non living thing, they even prefer to keep their dogs alive than to see us live, while a minute fracas between them we go carry for head like GALA

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by Mynd44: 7:19pm On Jul 24, 2018
Damn!

3 Likes

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by Osasnidas(m): 7:20pm On Jul 24, 2018
They will never seat down, push party politics aside and plan ways to make Nigeria better. They are just kicking the future of Nigeria like football

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by nairalandfreak(m): 7:20pm On Jul 24, 2018
;Dsew
Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by generalstingz(m): 7:20pm On Jul 24, 2018
All is well
Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by stinggy(m): 7:20pm On Jul 24, 2018
Ur eye go soon clear grin grin grin
ADC will soon fuse into PDP, especially someone like Monsurat Sunmonu who needs a strong party to win Oyo central back.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by jaykaylegend(m): 7:20pm On Jul 24, 2018
CharleyBright:
prove him wrong..

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 24, 2018
For your mind

1 Like

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 24, 2018
You'll know how far when Saraki finally defects with his loyalists who're yet to. grin

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by Minjim: 7:20pm On Jul 24, 2018
Pdp Just throwing figures around to deceive Igbos

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by allanphash7(m): 7:20pm On Jul 24, 2018
Buhari no good, buhari this, buhari that

Who is better than him to be voted for come 2019?

Just don't know yet

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by dbynonetwork: 7:20pm On Jul 24, 2018
Aa
Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by Dannyset(m): 7:21pm On Jul 24, 2018
Anything that will bring down the dollar abeg.
grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by bangalee1(m): 7:21pm On Jul 24, 2018
In as much as I don't support the happenings under buhari govt, Saraki will make a worse president. Our problem is we don't have a better alternative.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by chronique(m): 7:21pm On Jul 24, 2018
Lol. If only he knows that the majority is on paper and some of the people with him, are on the other side.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by SirLakes: 7:21pm On Jul 24, 2018
Listening to -

i dOn't giVe a fuučk by Vector

VEC

1 Like

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by FavourAkponome: 7:21pm On Jul 24, 2018
fallacy
Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by Fesomu(m): 7:21pm On Jul 24, 2018
CharleyBright:
you don't have the brain to read and understand?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by chuose: 7:21pm On Jul 24, 2018
APC is dying

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by BiafranDel: 7:21pm On Jul 24, 2018
. ARE THE SENATE THE ONES TO SEND BUHARI BACK TO DAURA OR WE NIGERIANS. I AM NOT UNDERSTANDING.

WE DON'T CARE WHO HAS MAJORITY OR MINORITY IN THAT SEAT.

ALL WE KNOW IS THAT: THE TERRORIST SHALL NEVER COME BACK AS THE PRESIDENT 2019.

#saybyebye bubu evil and heartless man.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by slawomir: 7:21pm On Jul 24, 2018
ok
Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by stcool(m): 7:21pm On Jul 24, 2018
My country men, there you have it. The above list consists of the ones that are not going back 2019 grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by Chiedu4Trump: 7:22pm On Jul 24, 2018
THE ZOO WAN FALL

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: APC Is Still The Majority In The Senate - Ahmed Lawan (See Full List) by Trackango: 7:22pm On Jul 24, 2018
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos From The Wedding Of Olusegun Obasanjo's Son, Seun / Photos Of Ongoing Anambra Flyover Bridge / If They Disturb Me In Daura, I Will Leave For Niger Republic – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.