Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,465 members, 7,826,769 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

This Is Buhari’s Reaction To The Defection Of 35 APC Members To PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is Buhari’s Reaction To The Defection Of 35 APC Members To PDP (491 Views)

See Buhari's Reaction When He Was Announced Winner (Video) / Slay Queen Rocks Bum Shorts And PMB 2019 Cap, Dances To Support Buhari. Reaction / Buhari’s Reaction When Small Doctor Told Him 'Stop Sleeping' (Video, Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Buhari’s Reaction To The Defection Of 35 APC Members To PDP by 6Ebisco: 7:53am On Jul 25, 2018

President Muhammadu Buhari has wished all the lawmakers, who defected from the All Progressives Congress to other parties, in “best in their future undertakings.”

On his Twitter handle, President Buhari reacted to the defections that were the order of the day at the National Assembly.

In his tweets, the president said; “I wish all of our party members who today defected, the very best in their future undertakings. The APC has done its best to stop the defections, and I must commend the party leadership for working tirelessly to unite the party and position it for future victory.”

Other tweets read: “I am confident that no harm or injury will be done by these defections, to the APC and its aspirations. I urge party faithful to not despair, but to instead see this as something that happens in seasons like this, on the eve of elections.
As the saying goes, all politics is local. We understand that some of the Distinguished and Honourable lawmakers have issues in/with their home states, especially on zoning which bars some of them from seeking another term in their constituencies.

Let me also note that none of the defecting federal lawmakers has any specific grievances against me or the government I lead; neither do I harbour any ill-feeling towards any of them. I fully respect their freedom to choose what party to associate with.

I am using this opportunity to restate my total commitment to the values of democracy, as well as my total willingness to work with ALL members of the National Assembly, irrespective of their political party, for the benefit of Nigeria and Nigerians.”

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/this-is-buharis-reaction-to-defection.html

1 Like

Re: This Is Buhari’s Reaction To The Defection Of 35 APC Members To PDP by chomchom1(f): 8:02am On Jul 25, 2018
He doesn't have choice than to wish them well cheesy we never hear from lizard of Aso rock grin
Re: This Is Buhari’s Reaction To The Defection Of 35 APC Members To PDP by Neyohhh(m): 8:26am On Jul 25, 2018
With 57 PDP senators to 49 APC senators at the red chambers, I’m loving Nigeria politics grin

What a layman don’t know is that some dominant party system is not healthy for Nigeria democracy.

Let’s there be actual check and balance, let there be competitive elections. In this way, intellectualism will drive politics. Merit will prevail.
Re: This Is Buhari’s Reaction To The Defection Of 35 APC Members To PDP by Bluezy13(m): 8:33am On Jul 25, 2018
Maturity should've taught him to know when to speak and when not to speak.

(1) (Reply)

Bianca Ojukwu's Wife Senatorial Ambition Tears APGA Apart / Offa Robberies: Police Grill Saraki In National Assembly / Imo APC Chairman Shot Dead By Unknown Gunmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.