Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,164 members, 7,811,371 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

Kano 2019 : Kwankwaso Settles Rift With Shekarau, Share Positions - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano 2019 : Kwankwaso Settles Rift With Shekarau, Share Positions (3713 Views)

Photostory: Atiku In Kano 2019 Vs Atiku 2023 / Kano 2019: Kwankwanso Takes Engr Abba Kabir Yusuf Campaign To Another Level / Kano 2019: APC Speaks On Substituting Ganduje’s Name Over Bribery Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano 2019 : Kwankwaso Settles Rift With Shekarau, Share Positions by MrPolitics: 1:32pm On Jul 25, 2018
Former governors of Kano State, Ibrahim Shekarau and Rabiu Kwankwaso have reached a pact ahead of the 2019 general elections.

THE OBSERVERS TIMES understands that the two prominent figures deliberated a few times in recent months on modalities of working together.

Top on their agenda is taking over the Government House from incumbent governor, Abdullahi Ganduje.

Ganduje was Kwankwaso’s deputy for eight years (1999-2003 and 2011 to 2015) but the two fell apart shortly after the 2015 election.

Kwankwaso, who represents Kano Central Senatorial District, was one of the Senators who dumped the All Progressives Congress (APC) for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Tuesday.

Prior to his defection, a source told NewsMen that the lawmaker and Shekarau agreed on how to oust APC in Kano.

He said due to Kwankwaso‘s political strength and popularity, Shekarau said he would concede the state PDP structure to him once he dumped the APC.

“Kwankwaso is the strongest Kano politician today. The two leaders have agreed to jointly lead and fund the state party exco.

“A major highlight of their agreement is that Kwankwaso will nominate a governorship candidate while Shekarau will nominate the deputy”, the source added.

But the shocker is that Kwankwaso is considering Kano deputy governor, Hafiz Abubakar for the PDP ticket.

The academic and Professor of Nutrition is expected to announce his defection to the PDP anytime soon.

In 2014, Kwankwaso tapped him from the Bayero University Kano to run with Ganduje.

In December 2017, a confirmation that all was not well with Ganduje and Abubakar came to public domain via a leaked Tape.

The deputy governor complained he had been axed out of prominence in the APC.

“When they were campaigning for election, my picture was juxtaposed with the governor (Ganduje), president (Muhammadu Buhari) and our leader Engr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso,” he said.

“But today at my birthplace, my picture was replaced with somebody else’s picture. What have I done to my birthplace? I do not deserve this even as a university lecturer at Bayero University, where I hope to return in 2019 at the expiration of my tenure.

“I will not be part of a system whereby the leadership of my party, APC, would be formed at my Mandawari ward, my birthplace, and my blood brother was removed without anyone consulting with me.

“I did not bring myself here. I was engrossed in my academic activities when I was picked as the deputy governorship candidate. God that chose me is not sleeping. Whether I am in the university, God knows the best. I pray to him to choose the best for me,” Abubakar had said.

Kwankwaso, a Minister of Defence during the Olusegun Obasanjo administration, joined the APC with other aggrieved PDP governors on November 23 2013.

Two months later (January 29 2014), Shekarau joined the Goodluck Jonathan government and was later appointed Minister of Education.

http://www.observerstimes.com/politics/kanokwankwaso-settles-rifts-with-shekarau-share-positions/

Lalsticlala, Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Kano 2019 : Kwankwaso Settles Rift With Shekarau, Share Positions by madridguy(m): 1:33pm On Jul 25, 2018
All eyes on KANO state.

In Sai Baba will trust

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano 2019 : Kwankwaso Settles Rift With Shekarau, Share Positions by Racoon(m): 1:34pm On Jul 25, 2018
"Former governors of Kano State, Ibrahim Shekarau and Rabiu Kwankwaso have reached a pact ahead of the 2019 general elections......Top on their agenda is taking over the Government House from incumbent governor, Abdullahi Ganduje."

Well for their selfish interest & ego.So let see where the 5million votes will com from.

3 Likes

Re: Kano 2019 : Kwankwaso Settles Rift With Shekarau, Share Positions by Tarzan360(m): 1:34pm On Jul 25, 2018
cool Very good for kano, never bite the fingers that fed u
Re: Kano 2019 : Kwankwaso Settles Rift With Shekarau, Share Positions by Racoon(m): 1:34pm On Jul 25, 2018
shocked cool cool
Re: Kano 2019 : Kwankwaso Settles Rift With Shekarau, Share Positions by NgeneUkwenu(f): 1:42pm On Jul 25, 2018
FAKE NEWS! Shekaru can NEVER share anything with Kwakwanso, not even now when Kwankwaso needs AMNESTY to visit Kano grin

1 Like

Re: Kano 2019 : Kwankwaso Settles Rift With Shekarau, Share Positions by Omeokachie: 1:46pm On Jul 25, 2018
It's about to go down! grin

Getting rid of the tyrant and saving Nigeria from the murderous activities of herdsmen is a task that must be done.

1 Like

Re: Kano 2019 : Kwankwaso Settles Rift With Shekarau, Share Positions by Racoon(m): 1:49pm On Jul 25, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:
FAKE NEWS! Shekaru can NEVER share anything with Kwakwanso, not even now when Kwankwaso needs AMNESTY to visit Kano grin
Keep yourself well consoled madam.Can you beat that combo? All hands on deck to flush out what Nigeria have up there now.

8 Likes

Re: Kano 2019 : Kwankwaso Settles Rift With Shekarau, Share Positions by WisdomFlakes: 1:52pm On Jul 25, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:

It could be true, but I don't see their working agreement lasting because of the historical mutual suspicion between the two. It is like saying Bode George should work with Tinubu in Lagos. How long will that last? Shekarau is already telling him to abide by the rules.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/defection-kwankwaso-must-abide-by-the-rules--shekarau-262572.html
Re: Kano 2019 : Kwankwaso Settles Rift With Shekarau, Share Positions by shenisaac(m): 1:57pm On Jul 25, 2018
And some ppl said it was buhari that gave kano to kwankwaso

2 Likes

Re: Kano 2019 : Kwankwaso Settles Rift With Shekarau, Share Positions by NgeneUkwenu(f): 1:58pm On Jul 25, 2018
WisdomFlakes:

It could be true, but I don't see their working agreement lasting because of the historical mutual suspicion between the two. It is like saying Bode George should work with Tinubu in Lagos. How long will that last? Shekarau is already telling him to abide by the rules.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/defection-kwankwaso-must-abide-by-the-rules--shekarau-262572.html

See the combative tone already set by Shekaru

“I hope the PDP has received a reformed Kwankwaso. I hope it is not the old Kwankwaso I knew,” Shekarau said.
Re: Kano 2019 : Kwankwaso Settles Rift With Shekarau, Share Positions by WisdomFlakes: 2:04pm On Jul 25, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:

My point exactly. One of them will still end up leaving the party for the other. Same way Shekarau left APC after Kwankwaso joined it back then. That one na sure bet.
Re: Kano 2019 : Kwankwaso Settles Rift With Shekarau, Share Positions by Ibrahim505(m): 2:17pm On Jul 25, 2018
Kwankwaso would rather humble himself with shekarau in order to outs Ganduje.

3 Likes

Re: Kano 2019 : Kwankwaso Settles Rift With Shekarau, Share Positions by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 25, 2018
madridguy:
All eyes on KANO state.

In Sai Baba will trust
snake has spoken....in Buhari they trust to continue his dire economic policy and looking the other way when Herdsmen killed.
Re: Kano 2019 : Kwankwaso Settles Rift With Shekarau, Share Positions by Pusyiter(m): 3:07pm On Jul 25, 2018
Ewou....when will Nigerians understand that these politicians careless of their citizen rather but for their selfish and pecuniary gains at the expense of National Solidarity. cry
Re: Kano 2019 : Kwankwaso Settles Rift With Shekarau, Share Positions by Bimpe29: 3:28pm On Jul 25, 2018
Buhari is in serious trouble. Unlike 2015, 2019 will shock Buhari and his supporters.

Nice development there in Kano.

Kwankwanso and Shekarau will lead the team to oust APC from the most largest state in Northern Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Kano 2019 : Kwankwaso Settles Rift With Shekarau, Share Positions by ItsMeAboki(m): 4:15pm On Jul 25, 2018
This marriage will not last - you can take that to the bank.
Re: Kano 2019 : Kwankwaso Settles Rift With Shekarau, Share Positions by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 4:31pm On Jul 25, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:
That was before,this news pain you sha

1 Like

Re: Kano 2019 : Kwankwaso Settles Rift With Shekarau, Share Positions by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 4:33pm On Jul 25, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:

Kwankwanso would humble himself with Shekarau to get back at Ganduje
Re: Kano 2019 : Kwankwaso Settles Rift With Shekarau, Share Positions by senatoradeyemi2: 4:57pm On Jul 25, 2018
NOTHING LAST FOREVER.....IN PMB WE BELIEVE AND SHALL RIDE ON
MrPolitics:
Former governors of Kano State, Ibrahim Shekarau and Rabiu Kwankwaso have reached a pact ahead of the 2019 general elections.

THE OBSERVERS TIMES understands that the two prominent figures deliberated a few times in recent months on modalities of working together.

Top on their agenda is taking over the Government House from incumbent governor, Abdullahi Ganduje.

Ganduje was Kwankwaso’s deputy for eight years (1999-2003 and 2011 to 2015) but the two fell apart shortly after the 2015 election.

Kwankwaso, who represents Kano Central Senatorial District, was one of the Senators who dumped the All Progressives Congress (APC) for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Tuesday.

Prior to his defection, a source told NewsMen that the lawmaker and Shekarau agreed on how to oust APC in Kano.

He said due to Kwankwaso‘s political strength and popularity, Shekarau said he would concede the state PDP structure to him once he dumped the APC.

“Kwankwaso is the strongest Kano politician today. The two leaders have agreed to jointly lead and fund the state party exco.

“A major highlight of their agreement is that Kwankwaso will nominate a governorship candidate while Shekarau will nominate the deputy”, the source added.

But the shocker is that Kwankwaso is considering Kano deputy governor, Hafiz Abubakar for the PDP ticket.

The academic and Professor of Nutrition is expected to announce his defection to the PDP anytime soon.

In 2014, Kwankwaso tapped him from the Bayero University Kano to run with Ganduje.

In December 2017, a confirmation that all was not well with Ganduje and Abubakar came to public domain via a leaked Tape.

The deputy governor complained he had been axed out of prominence in the APC.

“When they were campaigning for election, my picture was juxtaposed with the governor (Ganduje), president (Muhammadu Buhari) and our leader Engr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso,” he said.

“But today at my birthplace, my picture was replaced with somebody else’s picture. What have I done to my birthplace? I do not deserve this even as a university lecturer at Bayero University, where I hope to return in 2019 at the expiration of my tenure.

“I will not be part of a system whereby the leadership of my party, APC, would be formed at my Mandawari ward, my birthplace, and my blood brother was removed without anyone consulting with me.

“I did not bring myself here. I was engrossed in my academic activities when I was picked as the deputy governorship candidate. God that chose me is not sleeping. Whether I am in the university, God knows the best. I pray to him to choose the best for me,” Abubakar had said.

Kwankwaso, a Minister of Defence during the Olusegun Obasanjo administration, joined the APC with other aggrieved PDP governors on November 23 2013.

Two months later (January 29 2014), Shekarau joined the Goodluck Jonathan government and was later appointed Minister of Education.

http://www.observerstimes.com/politics/kanokwankwaso-settles-rifts-with-shekarau-share-positions/

Lalsticlala, Mynd44
Re: Kano 2019 : Kwankwaso Settles Rift With Shekarau, Share Positions by chansmokers: 4:58pm On Jul 25, 2018
Let's see how Buhari will win his imaginary two million votes.

4 Likes

Re: Kano 2019 : Kwankwaso Settles Rift With Shekarau, Share Positions by Yankee101: 5:09pm On Jul 25, 2018
If this is true I pity Buhari and Ganduje

1 Like

Re: Kano 2019 : Kwankwaso Settles Rift With Shekarau, Share Positions by johnmartus(m): 5:10pm On Jul 25, 2018
cheesy grin yeye they smell if rabiu sure of himself let him go sabo-gerri and curse the president .
Re: Kano 2019 : Kwankwaso Settles Rift With Shekarau, Share Positions by msquarewld(m): 8:01pm On Jul 25, 2018
Racoon:
Keep yourself well consoled madam.Can you beat that combo? All hands on deck to flush out what Nigeria have up there now.
Oga, as you're celebrating now, I hope that you take a moment to reflect on all those lives that was lost as a result of their rift and ask yourself whether these people are worth celebrating. I can believe that you're hailing people that we should be stoning whenever we have the chance.
How much are they paying you!!
Re: Kano 2019 : Kwankwaso Settles Rift With Shekarau, Share Positions by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jul 25, 2018
madridguy:
All eyes on KANO state.
In Sai Baba will trust
2 million ticket don burst

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Presidency Commits Another Costly Blunder / Tonye Cole FAKE NYSC Letter Of Confirmation / Washington DC 2020; IPOB Declare Capitol Hill Open As USA Grant Permit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.