Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,988 members, 7,814,374 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Nigerians Are The Loosers- Ekweremadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Are The Loosers- Ekweremadu (763 Views)

The Biggest Loosers In The Fubara And Wike Feud / Tribunal Judgement: Loosers And Winners Of Justice Tsammani Panel / 2023 Presidency: APC Dangles Carrot At Ekweremadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Are The Loosers- Ekweremadu by Christian590(m): 7:07pm On Jul 25, 2018
Speaking in a statement released on Wednesday by Uche Anichukwu, his media aide, Ekweremadu described the event as “a total embarrassment to our nation” that must not happen again.

He urged “the media and Nigerians to stand up for Nigeria and ensure we save our democracy”.

He noted that “Nigerians are losing”, considering that as a result of this occurrence, the Senate had to go embark recess when there were outstanding issues to attend to.

“On Tuesday morning, some people laid siege to my house. They left at about 12:20pm after spending about six and half hours,” he said.

“We anticipated that a number of our colleagues in All Progressives Congress (APC) would defect and join People’s Democratic Party (PDP). In anticipation of that, the APC leadership had tried to stop them. When that didn’t happen, the first thing they did was invite President of the Senate to come to the Police. They believed that once the President of the Senate goes to the Police, I would be the one to preside and probably give effect to the letter of defection.

“In anticipation of that, the Police, EFCC, and other security agencies came together, about 200 of them, to stop me from going to the National Assembly. They said I should come to the EFCC to give explanation over the things I was accused of. I agreed to follow them even though there was no prior invitation, but they were not eager to let me go to answer the invitation.

“The plan was to stop me and the President of the Senate from going to the National Assembly today. Unfortunately for them, the President of the senate was already at the senate to preside over the plenary session.

“This is not good for democracy. We must respect the law, respect institutions because that is the only way we can make progress as a nation. This is total embarrassment to our nation. I hope this will not happen again.

“I am very worried. This is a decline in our democracy. I want to call on the media and Nigerians to stand up for Nigeria and ensure we save our democracy. This is a dangerous development. The whole world expects Nigeria to lead in democracy in Africa. We need to make progress and show the world that Nigerians are indeed leaders in every aspect of life.

“This is my official quarters. Invading my official quarters is like an invasion of an aspect of the National Assembly. When you invade the National Assembly, you are invading the temple of democracy. That is exactly what has happened today. This is a major assault on democracy.

“This is not the type of attitude we should be encouraging. The principal thing in a democracy is dialogue, discussion, and networking, not through threats. We need to have a rethink.

“Those advising the President should advise him correctly. As a result of this occurrence, the Senate had to go on recess when there are outstanding issues to attend to. Nigerians are losing. Whoever is behind this is not a good friend of Nigeria.”http://mognews.com/2018/07/25/nigerians-are-the-loosers-ekweremadu/

Re: Nigerians Are The Loosers- Ekweremadu by SheikhMuniru(m): 7:12pm On Jul 25, 2018
NO VEX BRO
Re: Nigerians Are The Loosers- Ekweremadu by Randy100: 7:16pm On Jul 25, 2018
Buhari is not a democrat.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are The Loosers- Ekweremadu by CoolFreeday(m): 7:25pm On Jul 25, 2018
When its time to share money, they speak with one voice but when its time to face EFCC, they bring sentiment to it.

Apart from PMB and some very few others, the rest politicians are all corrupt.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are The Loosers- Ekweremadu by oooduancalmdown: 7:29pm On Jul 25, 2018
When will this Ibo man and other 14 Ibo senators support Biafra?
Your people always say Yoruba people are hindering them. When will you, the five South-East Ibo Governor, deputy Governors, Ibo Federal house of reps and Ibo Senators from SE and SS region support your people in their quest to leave Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are The Loosers- Ekweremadu by buhariguy(m): 7:30pm On Jul 25, 2018
Look at this coward idiotic pig of Biafra that is not even suppose to be in the Senate, if not for former governor nnamani "e ba no" that rigged you into Senate.

Your cup is full already
Re: Nigerians Are The Loosers- Ekweremadu by JONNYSPUTE(m): 7:33pm On Jul 25, 2018
CoolFreeday:
When its time to share money, they speak with one voice but when its time to face EFCC, they bring sentiment to it.

Apart from PMB and some very few others, the rest politicians are all corrupt.
.. You must be a dullard to be saying this trash. Mr integrity my foot.
Re: Nigerians Are The Loosers- Ekweremadu by meromero11: 7:39pm On Jul 25, 2018
Christian590:
Speaking in a statement released on Wednesday by Uche Anichukwu, his media aide, Ekweremadu described the event as “a total embarrassment to our nation” that must not happen again.

He urged “the media and Nigerians to stand up for Nigeria and ensure we save our democracy”.

He noted that “Nigerians are losing”, considering that as a result of this occurrence, the Senate had to go embark recess when there were outstanding issues to attend to.

“On Tuesday morning, some people laid siege to my house. They left at about 12:20pm after spending about six and half hours,” he said.

“We anticipated that a number of our colleagues in All Progressives Congress (APC) would defect and join People’s Democratic Party (PDP). In anticipation of that, the APC leadership had tried to stop them. When that didn’t happen, the first thing they did was invite President of the Senate to come to the Police. They believed that once the President of the Senate goes to the Police, I would be the one to preside and probably give effect to the letter of defection.

“In anticipation of that, the Police, EFCC, and other security agencies came together, about 200 of them, to stop me from going to the National Assembly. They said I should come to the EFCC to give explanation over the things I was accused of. I agreed to follow them even though there was no prior invitation, but they were not eager to let me go to answer the invitation.

“The plan was to stop me and the President of the Senate from going to the National Assembly today. Unfortunately for them, the President of the senate was already at the senate to preside over the plenary session.

“This is not good for democracy. We must respect the law, respect institutions because that is the only way we can make progress as a nation. This is total embarrassment to our nation. I hope this will not happen again.

“I am very worried. This is a decline in our democracy. I want to call on the media and Nigerians to stand up for Nigeria and ensure we save our democracy. This is a dangerous development. The whole world expects Nigeria to lead in democracy in Africa. We need to make progress and show the world that Nigerians are indeed leaders in every aspect of life.

“This is my official quarters. Invading my official quarters is like an invasion of an aspect of the National Assembly. When you invade the National Assembly, you are invading the temple of democracy. That is exactly what has happened today. This is a major assault on democracy.

“This is not the type of attitude we should be encouraging. The principal thing in a democracy is dialogue, discussion, and networking, not through threats. We need to have a rethink.

“Those advising the President should advise him correctly. As a result of this occurrence, the Senate had to go on recess when there are outstanding issues to attend to. Nigerians are losing. Whoever is behind this is not a good friend of Nigeria.”http://mognews.com/2018/07/25/nigerians-are-the-loosers-ekweremadu/

National Assemblies or parliaments all over the world are true and genue temple of democracy but not the Nigerian National. Ours is a fake temple of democracy populated by selfish, greedy and corrupt lots. I have no respect for any of them until there is a change of attitude.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are The Loosers- Ekweremadu by Butterflyle0: 7:41pm On Jul 25, 2018
JONNYSPUTE:
.. You must be a dullard to be saying this trash. Mr integrity my foot.

Then your foot must be leprous

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are The Loosers- Ekweremadu by oooduancalmdown: 7:42pm On Jul 25, 2018
meromero11:

National Assemblies or parliaments all over the world are true and genue temple of democracy but not the Nigerian National. Ours is a fake temple of democracy populated by selfish, greedy and corrupt lots. I have no respect for any of them until there is a change of attitude.
Why quote the whole article?
Re: Nigerians Are The Loosers- Ekweremadu by JONNYSPUTE(m): 7:44pm On Jul 25, 2018
Butterflyle0:

Then your foot must be leprous
.. Hahahahah. Werey
Re: Nigerians Are The Loosers- Ekweremadu by Butterflyle0: 7:46pm On Jul 25, 2018
JONNYSPUTE:
.. Hahahahah. Werey

Don't think I praised you bro. I actually gave you an L. wink
Re: Nigerians Are The Loosers- Ekweremadu by JONNYSPUTE(m): 7:48pm On Jul 25, 2018
Butterflyle0:

Don't think I praised you bro. I actually gave you an L. wink
.. I know but I'm not taking the insults here to heart that's why I laughed ur statement off.. By the way,do you think your lord and personal saviour (Bubu)is not corrupt?
Re: Nigerians Are The Loosers- Ekweremadu by Butterflyle0: 7:50pm On Jul 25, 2018
JONNYSPUTE:
.. I know but I'm not taking the insults here to heart that's why I laughed ur statement off.

Keep on laughing it off while "Mr Integrity" rebuilds this nation and puts it back on the pedestal of respected nations just as he has been highly ranked on integrity by ICC with the highest integrity ranking of XXXI.

Those who should know, know him for who he is and that is a man overflowing with integrity. Those of you who don't like him, just wail.
Re: Nigerians Are The Loosers- Ekweremadu by Banmeallday: 7:57pm On Jul 25, 2018
He is a loser and is leading a losing “nation”.

He should just not do that while wearing isi agu
Re: Nigerians Are The Loosers- Ekweremadu by annnikky(f): 8:03pm On Jul 25, 2018
buhariguy:
Look at this coward idiotic pig of Biafra that is not even suppose to be in the Senate, if not for former governor nnamani "e ba no" that rigged you into Senate.

Your cup is full already
undecided

(1) (Reply)

Political Propaganda In Nigeria- The Common Trend / Buhari May Be Behind Fulani Herdsmen – Cnn’s Christiane Amanpour / Group Asks Adeleke To Pull Out Of Governorship Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.