Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,956 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Buhari’s Advisers Should Advise Him Correctly – Ekweremadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Advisers Should Advise Him Correctly – Ekweremadu (696 Views)

Tinubu Is Sick, People Who Truly Love Him Should Advise Him To Stop - Kperogi / Buhari’s Advisers On Twitter Ban Are The Greatest Enemies Of Nigeria Government / Buhari Picks 15 Special Advisers, Writes Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari’s Advisers Should Advise Him Correctly – Ekweremadu by Kingsmeal: 10:52pm On Jul 25, 2018
Deputy senate president, Dr Ike Ekweremadu, whose house was invaded yesterday by the men of the Nigerian police, Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC and Department of State security, DSS, on Wednesday spoke against the invasion.

In a statement disclosed via his facebook handle, Ekweremadu warned those advising President Muhammadu Buhari to advise him correctly, noting that whoever that advised the executives on the siege to his residence and that of the President of Senate is an enemy of both the current administration and the nation’s democracy.
He lauded the solidarity of Nigerians, media and the senate.
His words, “I thank the Nigerian public for their show of support and solidarity towards me during the siege to my residence by men of the Nigeria Police, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and security agencies.
I want to thank my colleagues, the senators. I feel very honoured that when they didn’t see me in the chambers today and, hearing what had happened, they adopted a motion demanding that the siege be lifted immediately and they also came here across party lines to show solidarity and support.
I am aware that the Nigerian youth also rose to the occasion and many of them protested even in rain, defying all forms of intimidation. I want to thank the media, the young people of Nigeria, the Peoples Democratic Party too, for their support and solidarity. I understand there was outrage in Enugu. I thank my people for standing up for democracy and justice.
I just want to say that this is democracy in action. This is the power of the people.
We anticipated that a number of our colleagues in All Progressives Congress (APC) would defect and join PDP Tuesday morning. In anticipation of that, the APC leadership had tried to stop them. When that didn’t happen, the first thing they did was to invite President of the Senate to come to the Police this morning. They believed that once the President of the Senate goes to the Police, I would be the one to preside and probably give effect to the letter of defection.
In anticipation of that, the Police, EFCC, and other security agencies came together, about 200 of them, to stop me from going to the National Assembly. They said I should come to the EFCC to give explanation over the things I was accused of. I agreed to follow them even though there was no prior invitation, but they were not eager to let me go to answer the invitation.
The plan was to stop me and the President of the Senate from going to the National Assembly. Unfortunately for them, the President of the Senate was already at the Senate to preside over the plenary session.
This is not good for democracy. We must respect the law, respect institutions because that is the only way we can make progress as a nation. This is total embarrassment to our nation. I hope this will not happen again.
I am very worried. This is a decline in our democracy. I want to call on the media and Nigerians to stand up for Nigeria and ensure we save our democracy. This is a dangerous development. The whole world expects Nigeria to lead in democracy in Africa. We need to make progress and show the world that Nigerians are indeed leaders in every aspect of life.
This is my official quarters. Invading my official quarters is like an invasion of an aspect of the National Assembly. When you invade the National Assembly, you are invading the temple of democracy. That is exactly what has happened today. This is a major assault on democracy. This is not the type of attitude we should be encouraging. The principal thing in a democracy is dialogue, discussion, and networking, not through threats. We need to have a rethink.
Whoever advised the executive on the siege to my residence and that of the President of Senate is an enemy of both the current administration and the nation’s democracy.
Those advising the President should advise him correctly. As a result of this occurrence, Senate had to go on recess when there are outstanding issues to attend to. Nigerians are losing. Whoever is behind this is not a friend of Nigeria.
Nigerians should, please, stand against this type of impunity. We must remain strong to be able to reverse this type of impunity so that justice will be upheld through the rule of law and respect for human rights”.

News From Zenithnaija.com

More below:

https://zenithnaija.com/buharis-advisers-should-advise-him-correctly-ike-ekweremadu/

cc: Lalasticlala Mynd44

Re: Buhari’s Advisers Should Advise Him Correctly – Ekweremadu by OneStep3: 10:53pm On Jul 25, 2018
Y
Re: Buhari’s Advisers Should Advise Him Correctly – Ekweremadu by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:55pm On Jul 25, 2018
Your cup will soon be full!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Advisers Should Advise Him Correctly – Ekweremadu by deomelo: 10:56pm On Jul 25, 2018
[s]
Kingsmeal:
Deputy senate president, Dr Ike Ekweremadu, whose house was invaded yesterday by the men of the Nigerian police, Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC and Department of State security, DSS, on Wednesday spoke against the invasion.

In a statement disclosed via his facebook handle, Ekweremadu warned those advising President Muhammadu Buhari to advise him correctly, noting that whoever that advised the executives on the siege to his residence and that of the President of Senate is an enemy of both the current administration and the nation’s democracy.
He lauded the solidarity of Nigerians, media and the senate.
His words, “I thank the Nigerian public for their show of support and solidarity towards me during the siege to my residence by men of the Nigeria Police, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and security agencies.
I want to thank my colleagues, the senators. I feel very honoured that when they didn’t see me in the chambers today and, hearing what had happened, they adopted a motion demanding that the siege be lifted immediately and they also came here across party lines to show solidarity and support.
I am aware that the Nigerian youth also rose to the occasion and many of them protested even in rain, defying all forms of intimidation. I want to thank the media, the young people of Nigeria, the Peoples Democratic Party too, for their support and solidarity. I understand there was outrage in Enugu. I thank my people for standing up for democracy and justice.
I just want to say that this is democracy in action. This is the power of the people.
We anticipated that a number of our colleagues in All Progressives Congress (APC) would defect and join PDP Tuesday morning. In anticipation of that, the APC leadership had tried to stop them. When that didn’t happen, the first thing they did was to invite President of the Senate to come to the Police this morning. They believed that once the President of the Senate goes to the Police, I would be the one to preside and probably give effect to the letter of defection.
In anticipation of that, the Police, EFCC, and other security agencies came together, about 200 of them, to stop me from going to the National Assembly. They said I should come to the EFCC to give explanation over the things I was accused of. I agreed to follow them even though there was no prior invitation, but they were not eager to let me go to answer the invitation.
The plan was to stop me and the President of the Senate from going to the National Assembly. Unfortunately for them, the President of the Senate was already at the Senate to preside over the plenary session.
This is not good for democracy. We must respect the law, respect institutions because that is the only way we can make progress as a nation. This is total embarrassment to our nation. I hope this will not happen again.
I am very worried. This is a decline in our democracy. I want to call on the media and Nigerians to stand up for Nigeria and ensure we save our democracy. This is a dangerous development. The whole world expects Nigeria to lead in democracy in Africa. We need to make progress and show the world that Nigerians are indeed leaders in every aspect of life.
This is my official quarters. Invading my official quarters is like an invasion of an aspect of the National Assembly. When you invade the National Assembly, you are invading the temple of democracy. That is exactly what has happened today. This is a major assault on democracy. This is not the type of attitude we should be encouraging. The principal thing in a democracy is dialogue, discussion, and networking, not through threats. We need to have a rethink.
Whoever advised the executive on the siege to my residence and that of the President of Senate is an enemy of both the current administration and the nation’s democracy.
Those advising the President should advise him correctly. As a result of this occurrence, Senate had to go on recess when there are outstanding issues to attend to. Nigerians are losing. Whoever is behind this is not a friend of Nigeria.
Nigerians should, please, stand against this type of impunity. We must remain strong to be able to reverse this type of impunity so that justice will be upheld through the rule of law and respect for human rights”.

News From Zenithnaija.com

More below:

https://zenithnaija.com/buharis-advisers-should-advise-him-correctly-ike-ekweremadu/

cc: Lalasticlala Mynd44
[/s]

What is this village ipob talking about?
Re: Buhari’s Advisers Should Advise Him Correctly – Ekweremadu by amaniro: 10:59pm On Jul 25, 2018
@ftc@sftc@tftc.Y'all should shut the Fung up!

Buharis advisers are the wicked ones behind his failures.

There advises are selfish, absurd, wicked!

I stand with Ike Ekweremadu!

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Advisers Should Advise Him Correctly – Ekweremadu by Ever8054: 10:59pm On Jul 25, 2018
deomelo:
[s][/s]

and you have to quote the whole story just to ask such a stupid question abi....?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Advisers Should Advise Him Correctly – Ekweremadu by GloriaNinja(f): 11:10pm On Jul 25, 2018
BUHARI AND HIS ADVISERS ARE FOOLS

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Advisers Should Advise Him Correctly – Ekweremadu by Kingsmeal: 11:11pm On Jul 25, 2018
Lol
Re: Buhari’s Advisers Should Advise Him Correctly – Ekweremadu by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jul 25, 2018
deomelo:
[s][/s]

NEVER AGAIN !!!!!
#ConfirmedFailure

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Advisers Should Advise Him Correctly – Ekweremadu by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 25, 2018
More sleepless nights for u

LMAO
deomelo:
[s][/s]

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Advisers Should Advise Him Correctly – Ekweremadu by Kingsmeal: 11:36pm On Jul 25, 2018
Ever8054:
and you have to quote the whole story just to ask such a stupid question abi....?
Chineke God
Re: Buhari’s Advisers Should Advise Him Correctly – Ekweremadu by Rapmoney(m): 11:42pm On Jul 25, 2018
Buhari is a kolanut-chewing ram!!!
Re: Buhari’s Advisers Should Advise Him Correctly – Ekweremadu by lonlytroy(m): 11:45pm On Jul 25, 2018
Na who get ear, dey hear advise

Re: Buhari’s Advisers Should Advise Him Correctly – Ekweremadu by mpianya39(m): 12:24am On Jul 26, 2018
deomelo:
[s][/s]

Na dem undecided undecided

Re: Buhari’s Advisers Should Advise Him Correctly – Ekweremadu by aolawale025: 12:30am On Jul 26, 2018
Call a spade a spade! The blame lies with buhari not any adviser

(1) (Reply)

Just In: Saraki Bukola, Adama Godwin And Bolaji Abdullahi Dumps APC / No Plan To Islamize Nigeria – FG / 2019: Shehu Sani Reacts To Adoption Of Indirect Primaries By Kaduna APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.