Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,593 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User (20631 Views)

Nigerians Blame Banks For Negligence As Robbers Visit Homes With POS Machines / Armed Gangsters Rob Homes With POS In Lagos & Ogun During Lockdown / Policeman Seen With POS, Asking A Passenger To Bring His ATM Card (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by onyxo76(m): 7:00pm On Jul 26, 2018
na to leave only 5k for the atm card be that ,the main atm na to hide am for inside deep freezer for night be that.

2 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 26, 2018
bigtt76:
But if they use POS to rob, whose bank account is the money going into naaa? Each POS has an ID through which CBN, the Banks and POS terminal operators can use to track the bank account owner and hence the robbers. undecided
i am suspecting that these pos armed robbers might be working together with some corrupt entities in some banks that might be helping them to cover their tracks. Anything is possible in nigeria....afterall yahooboys and some bank officials dey work togethercheesy.
Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 26, 2018
lefulefu:
POS for what? Are such churches engaged in commercial services?

See for yourself...

Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 26, 2018
lefulefu:
some pos robberies have already occured in benin. Na one chance dem dey use. According to one of the victims that came on radio saying how it happened to him, he said the taxi cab he boarded they forced him at gunpoint to slot in his atm card and they collected about 400k according to what he said on radio.if its so easy to use it to trace them then why are they using it with confidence? Or is it that some banks are working with these guys? Anyway man need to shine im eye on d type of vehicle im wan board.

No bank is working with them

the robbers do not understand how pos and technology works

Nowsdays everything is traceable

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by onyxo76(m): 7:05pm On Jul 26, 2018
shebi if one makes a transaction using pos ,one gets a debit alert to the account credited on phone right? so the transaction can be traced
Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 26, 2018
bigtt76:
Except may be they stole it together with the bank account debit card from a trader and the trader believed they can't use to rob

even if it is stolen,the trader can block the pos and the account and make the pos useless

the trick to this is to trace the transaction and we will identify the owner of the pos

my opinion is that the owner of the pos is also an armed robber.
Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 26, 2018
goodconscience:

See for yourself...
na waooohhh

Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:08pm On Jul 26, 2018
lefulefu:
as in eh..dhier mumuity pass times 10.ok look at those offa robbers. Dem be saraki boys. As saraki boys they will be well paid. Anything dem wan ...saraki will give them.so why venture into the risky business of armed robbery when una dey receive steady from saraki. U see as d matter becheesy.
Make Saraki no read this comment o
Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by bigtt76(f): 7:08pm On Jul 26, 2018
Some traders can be so naive ...you know naaaa

thebosstrevor:

even if it is stolen,the trader can block the pos and the account and make the pos useless

the trick to this is to trace the transaction and we will identify the owner of the pos

my opinion is that the owner of the pos is also an armed robber.
Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by olutop(m): 7:11pm On Jul 26, 2018
Austema:
Please Nairalanders, I need your financial assistance to enable me to regularize my JAMB, please they have announced the deadline. And my parent do not have to give me right now. Am a final year student and I can not go for NYSC without it. The amount is 10k but any amount is acceptable.
5831106870 (ECOBANK)
If is for NYSC, you just have to print your admission letter and jamb result wc shud not cost more than 3k, I just did mine.... Don't let them scam you and don't scam us... Thanks

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 26, 2018
thebosstrevor:

No bank is working with them

the robbers do not understand how pos and technology works

Nowsdays everything is traceable
no matter how foolish an armed robber is i dont an armed robber will be dat daft to transfer the victim's money to his real accountcheesy. Haba na!..dat will be the dumbest robber of the century. I would never have believed this story of POS armed robbers if one of the victims didnt come to radio this morning to talk how they robbed him. I am still very sure they have their tracks covered and for dat track to be covered the robbers must have one or two dubious staffs in banks giving them cover. The impossible can happen in nigeria.
Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 26, 2018
lefulefu:
no matter how foolish an armed robber is i dont an armed robber will be dat daft to transfer the victim's money to his real accountcheesy. Haba na!..dat will be the dumbest robber of the century. I would never have believed this story of POS armed robbers if one of the victims didnt come to radio this morning to talk how they robbed him. I am still very sure they have their tracks covered and for dat track to be covered the robbers must have one or two dubious staffs in banks giving them cover. The impossible can happen in nigeria.

you also do not understand how POS works,you cant cover any track in a transaction,all transctions are recorded and sent automatically to your phone or email as alert.

covering a track will lead to sack because bank must balance their books

this is just pure stupidity from the robbers

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by Cloud007: 7:33pm On Jul 26, 2018
This is normal thing in Lagos. One chance without POS does not exist in Lagos again.
Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by Hardeybohwarley(m): 11:20pm On Jul 26, 2018
Yettymuse please reply this, am a great fan of your Diary. Is the new buddy your crush that got transferred. If yes so happy for him, cause you seem to be one hell of a lady(Margaret Thatcher) type. If not kindly tell us about him.

Everything in your diary.

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by opribo(m): 12:07am On Jul 27, 2018
Which dumb robber will carry POS around. That is the surest way yo get arrested. The POS is linled yo an account in the bank before you are issued a POS you are made to sign some terms and conditions for its use.

Besides every account has documentations that are required before they are opened.which includes KYC. So any funds going into such account from Pos terminal can be traced to the account owner.
The POS acquirer and the person that withdraws from the account. Just make sure you report any such incident on time.

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by DSDLIVEREPORT: 3:19am On Jul 27, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
30 Armed robbers? Na coaster bus dem use come rob?

Twitter liars
please may not be a lie . September 6 2006 . I was a direct victim of a robbery attack of about 40 something men coordinated by a woman in camou in Lagos. My guest house share premises with a second generational bank which was their target Less than 2km on either side of the road lies 2 police station. The team that blocked d the express on either side were about 15 .the guys on sentry at the bank entrance were about 10 . The closest bus stop was barricaded by like 6 men. The welders with cylinders trying to destroy the vault were different.We were just 4 that tried repellimg from a high rise. Robbery lasted from 0130hrs till about 0500hrs. Apc tyres were levelled with projectiles. Ammo shell counted at day break by cops was over 2k.Scars still abide.Never doubt such bro. May we not witness such na him go b prayer.
Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by Nobody: 6:41am On Jul 27, 2018
Hardeybohwarley:
Yettymuse please reply this, am a great fan of your Diary. Is the new buddy your crush that got transferred. If yes so happy for him, cause you seem to be one hell of a lady(Margaret Thatcher) type. If not kindly tell us about him.

Everything in your diary.
cheesy thank you debowale, but the Margaret thatcher part didn't do justice to me o... Haba cry.. I don't really get your question but no my crush is still far away, we ain't dating, plus Bae wouldn't want me to talk about him anymore, he's also a fan of my diary.. Atink you see what relationship haff cost me now cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by Nobody: 6:57am On Jul 27, 2018
yettymuse:
cheesy thank you debowale, but the Margaret thatcher part didn't do justice to me o... Haba cry.. I don't really get your question but no my crush is still far away, we ain't dating, plus Bae wouldn't want me to talk about him anymore, he's also a fan of my diary.. Atink you see what relationship haff cost me now cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Love made in Nairaland *runs outta thread*
Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by Nobody: 7:29am On Jul 27, 2018
tolusan:

Love made in Nairaland *runs outta thread*
continue running because if I catch you enh!

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by Werehkpe: 7:46am On Jul 27, 2018
Total lie.

No sensible robber will rob with a POS because they will EASILY be traceable

Understand this: EVERY POS is attached to a Bank account for it to work. Every bank account in Nigeria has a BVN and address (KYC) attached to it! So if a POS is credited, they know which bank account the money went into and the person who is debited will usually get a debit alert showing where his/her money was credited to!

So please how will they use a POS to rob?

People should try and get sense abeg
Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by Hardeybohwarley(m): 8:41am On Jul 27, 2018
yettymuse:
grin grin grin grin Hmmm It's okay. But what is it with him, we use to know you before he came along lol. Wish you the very best and don't forget to always update the diary.

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by unsourced(m): 10:31am On Jul 27, 2018
E make sense to you?
LuciferChristi:
Blame CBN.

They mandated we all go cashless & you supported so stop complaining and punch in your PIN.
Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by litaninja(m): 10:50am On Jul 27, 2018
30 Armed robbers waka commot together
Re: Armed Robbers Now Go About With POS - Twitter User by alimohammedibn(m): 11:35pm On Jul 01, 2019
���������

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fake beggars arrested in Anambra / Father Inflicts Injuries On His Children In Jos (Graphic Photo) / Zimbabwean Man Sets Neighbour’s House On Fire For Rejecting His Sexual Advances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.