Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,116 members, 7,821,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Defected Lawmakers Willing To Return To APC – Senate Leader - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defected Lawmakers Willing To Return To APC – Senate Leader (592 Views)

15 Ex-governors, Governors Battle For APC Senate Seats - Full List / Osinbajo Hosts APC Senate Caucus To Iftar/Dinner / Sokoto Electorate To Commence Recall Of Defected Lawmakers – CCSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Defected Lawmakers Willing To Return To APC – Senate Leader by deantimes(m): 2:59pm On Jul 26, 2018
THE Senate Majority Leader, Ahmed Lawan, says the members of the National Assembly who defected from the All Progressives Congress (APC) to other opposition parties are willing to return to the ruling party.

Mr Lawan who led APC senate caucus to a meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari at the presidential villa, Abuja, stated this on Wednesday while addressing newsmen at the end of the gathering.

It had in attendance 39 senators, the national chairman of the party, Adams Oshiomhole, and top government officials.

Lawmakers numbering 14 of them left the APC in a mass defection on Tuesday at the Senate. Their counterparts at the House of Representatives numbering about 36 of them followed suit. Most of them pitch tent with the Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP).

“Less than 24 hours into the defection, we had some discussions with some of our colleagues who defected and they have shown their willingness and interest and readiness to retrace their steps,” Mr Lawan said.

Mr Lawan’s claim seems to be true because one of the defecting senators, Lanre Tejuoso from Ogun State, was among those who met the president Wednesday night.

Mr Tejuoso on Thursday morning said he remains a member of the APC. He disclosed this in a Facebook post on his page.

Mr Lawan said the remaining senators are working with the leadership of APC to ensure that those who defected return to the party.

He said apart from APC senators, others from the opposition PDP have also indicated their interest to move to the ruling party.

On what was discussed with the President, Mr Lawan who spoke on behalf of the APC Senate Caucus, said they went to assure him of their loyalty.

They also said they also informed the president that the APC still has clear majority in both chambers of the National Assembly.

WHY I ATTENDED THE MEETING – Shehu Sani

Meanwhile, the senator representing Kaduna Central, Shehu Sani, who is one of the aggrieved senators yet to defect, said he attended the meeting in his capacity as a member of the APC caucus of the Senate.

“My presence here does not mean that my issues have been solved 100 per cent. But I am of the belief that we have a leader in the party who is doing everything possible to see that the problems that we have are solved,” he said.

Mr Sani he revolted from joining his colleagues who decamped because he found it necessary to do so.

“Revolt at times is most necessary. In fact, APC is a reflection of a revolt, it revolted against a system of iniquity, injustice, and today it is in power.

“So, I am here because I believe in the leadership of the party, I believe also in the leadership of President Muhammadu Buhari and I am also of the believe that there is no issue that we cannot solve as human beings, as men of conscience and conviction,” he said.

Source: https://www.headlineng.com/defected-lawmakers-return-apc-senate-leader/

lalasticlala, mynd44

Re: Defected Lawmakers Willing To Return To APC – Senate Leader by deantimes(m): 3:01pm On Jul 26, 2018
grin
Re: Defected Lawmakers Willing To Return To APC – Senate Leader by PUSSYBBQGRILLS(f): 3:12pm On Jul 26, 2018
No matter the party they belong to, all politicians are the same. Criminals everywhere.
Re: Defected Lawmakers Willing To Return To APC – Senate Leader by docadams: 4:16pm On Jul 26, 2018
While it is imperative to stop the slide and engage those who defected on account of bad association, certain elements must not only be allowed to go but should be expelled, if still dilly-dallying e.g Saraki., Dogara. A rebel will always be a traitor.
Re: Defected Lawmakers Willing To Return To APC – Senate Leader by ojmaroni247(m): 4:45pm On Jul 26, 2018
Isolay
Re: Defected Lawmakers Willing To Return To APC – Senate Leader by ojmaroni247(m): 4:45pm On Jul 26, 2018
Isokay
Re: Defected Lawmakers Willing To Return To APC – Senate Leader by Redhot111(m): 5:06pm On Jul 26, 2018
docadams:
While it is imperative to stop the slide and engage those who defected on account of bad association, certain elements must not only be allowed to go but should be expelled, if still dilly-dallying e.g Saraki., Dogara. A rebel will always be a traitor.

Omo, see painment. Why e dey pain u like this na

(1) (Reply)

Defections: Reps Mock APC, Says We Won’t Return / Federal Govt Approves Refund Of N37.95b To Anambra. / NASS Leadership And Management Convert Legislative Aides To Slaves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.