Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,463 members, 7,830,320 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports (23881 Views)

President Buhari Launches 10-Year Validity E-passport / Passport With 10-year Validity Effective December / FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by objobj: 8:26am On Jul 27, 2018
LastSurvivor11:

This is good development most especially for travellers but not a mile stone achievement, a baby of ten years should have changed a lot and it's natural..

By the way, someone will get the contract to improve the quality and the security features as the report says so the idea might actually be birthed out of self aggrandisement and zeal to get the contract and do nothing..
This is Nigeria..

Regressive mind
What a pity
Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by no1madman(m): 8:27am On Jul 27, 2018
Riversides2003:
One of the best thing that has come out from this government nice one.
One or only?
Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by spencekat(m): 8:27am On Jul 27, 2018
I was suggesting this to one Immigration Senior Officer some weeks ago.Five years is not cool at all.
Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by bobbiiee: 8:30am On Jul 27, 2018
Comptroller-General of Immigration, Muhammad Babandede

Adelani Adepegba, Abuja

The Federal Government has approved a 10-year validity period for Nigerian passports.

This followed a presidential approval to change the face of the e-passport 10 years after it was introduced in the country.

Currently, the passports have a five-year validity period.

The Comptroller-General of Nigerian Immigration Service, Muhammed Babandede, who said this in a report monitored on Channels Tv on Thursday, added that the extended validity period would reduce the stress Nigerians went through every five years to renew their passports.

“One of the reforms he (President Buhari) has approved is that we would improve the quality, security of our passport booklets.

“Ten years after the enrolment of the e-passport system, we need to improve the security features. You can’t keep documents for 10 years without seeing decreased values in them, so we are improving the security features which would raise the standards of the passports,” the CG explained.

Some states in USA issue drivers licence with 10 years validity. Our government should focus on how things can be done better, faster and if possible cheaper.
Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by nick50(m): 8:30am On Jul 27, 2018
“Though people will pay more, if they can pay more..another way of extorting money from the poor masses by the terrorist government
Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by Justiceleague1: 8:31am On Jul 27, 2018
smallsmall:

First, this news of increasing validity of our Passports to 10yrs has been on for more than ten years now, but it is all talk, no action.

Second, this Buhari APC and his Fulani cabals are turning out to be worse thieves than the clueless Goatluck Jonathan Govt of PDP.
So, because of increased validity, which is nothing but just a proclamation and it is done-deal, is the excuse these scammer called Muhammed Babandede and Buhari want to use to scam Nigerians?

Hmmm! Under Jonathan it was Immigration employment SCAM.
Under Buhari, it is now immigration Passport SCAM?

Oooooh, the way we will vote out this Buhari, ehn, it wll be a land-slide FAILURE for him in 2019.
angry angry

this one is just gallivanting everywhere for free amala grin

put ya hand on ya head and repeat after me,SAI BABA TILL 2023
grin grin grin
Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by 41lady(m): 8:31am On Jul 27, 2018
The number of validity doesn't really matter, what the immigration should improve on is the retaining of passport number, it is only Nigerian I have seen having and carrying 5passport due to variations in passport number. An individual should have a unique passport number throughout, just like I.D number, it will also provide security to the passport. Though I told my uncle who is a compt. of NIS , his reply was we have not reach there yet.... Then when are we going to reach? My second question.
Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by Ugosample(m): 8:34am On Jul 27, 2018
Thank God o
10 year passport with 64 pages is just pure bliss

1 Like

Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by Dollabiz: 8:44am On Jul 27, 2018
Improve economic situation first so that the less privileged and not the rich can fly
Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by Dollabiz: 8:47am On Jul 27, 2018
Improve economic situation first so that the less privileged and not the rich can fly!
Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by JTFFTJ: 8:50am On Jul 27, 2018
weyreypey:
Comptroller-General of Immigration, Muhammad Babandede

Adelani Adepegba, Abuja

The Federal Government has approved a 10-year validity period for Nigerian passports.

This followed a presidential approval to change the face of the e-passport 10 years after it was introduced in the country.

Currently, the passports have a five-year validity period.

The Comptroller-General of Nigerian Immigration Service, Muhammed Babandede, who said this in a report monitored on Channels Tv on Thursday, added that the extended validity period would reduce the stress Nigerians went through every five years to renew their passports.

“One of the reforms he (President Buhari) has approved is that we would improve the quality, security of our passport booklets.

“Ten years after the enrolment of the e-passport system, we need to improve the security features. You can’t keep documents for 10 years without seeing decreased values in them, so we are improving the security features which would raise the standards of the passports,” the CG explained.

He added that the President also approved improved security features for the documents.

Babandede, however, disclosed that the new passports would cost more, but he did not reveal the new prices for the various categories of the passports.

He said, “President Buhari has equally approved 10-year validity for passports which is great news. When the report comes, passports will be valid for 10 years which is great news especially for adults from the age of 18 and above.

“Though people will pay more, if they can pay more and get the booklets quickly, it’s good with improved security for 10 years validity. They would pay more but the document would be available, that’s good,” Babandede said.

http://punchng.com/fg-okays-10-year-validity-period-for-passports/

This is partially good, but, please what does this 'When the report comes, passports will be valid for 10 years which is great news especially for adults from the age of 18 and above.” mean in the above news? I guess the approval is not ready yet, and as such, it is the greatest order of propaganda! Let's wait and see!
Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by alizma: 8:51am On Jul 27, 2018
helphelp:
All these didn't come 2yrs ago, always a year to election
at least it is a better one. whether it comes a day to the election, definitely this won't disappear over night. be grateful for once. some of you critics had never been good class monitor, group coordinator, foreman, husband, father, supervisor etc so you don't really know what it takes to manage human and material resources.
Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 27, 2018
helphelp:
All these didn't come 2yrs ago, always a year to election

7 months to election
Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by helphelp: 9:05am On Jul 27, 2018
alizma:

at least it is a better one. whether it comes a day to the election, definitely this won't disappear over night. be grateful for once. some of you critics had never been good class monitor, group coordinator, foreman, husband, father, supervisor etc so you don't really know what it takes to manage human and material resources.

Some of who? If I may ask, are you suggesting you are good in all the aforementioned above? Anyways, it's no critic just an observation, expect more to come
Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by otokx(m): 9:18am On Jul 27, 2018
Justiceleague1:
Never you obtain your passports in Lagos o. You can do that only if you gat money to spend or you gat long legs..otherwise,you go wait taya grin

and u are a perfect exampl of such jobless ones grin

What will you then say of Port Harcourt?
Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by LANDLORD72: 9:23am On Jul 27, 2018
Good news for travellers 10 years is the best time please change the colour to Blue I think the green has given us more badluck let us try another colour.i need 1000 like if you Agree with me.
Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by jeff1607(m): 10:04am On Jul 27, 2018
computer0810:
Way to go....wishing all reasonable nairalanders a great Friday at work b4 d jobless ones deceived by Saraki and PDP will come and resume work as usual on nairaland

because you are lucky or privileged to 've a job that over a thousand Nigerian youths can do without breaking a sweat , you shouldn't be making jest of people who toil daily and submit cv's every now and then to be in the same position as you.

the job you 've can be taken away from you at any time even on Monday sef. self employed or not
Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by Sirpaul(m): 10:06am On Jul 27, 2018
seconded
nony43:
If your passport expires when you are abroad, you will know that Nigerians working in the embassy abroad are wicked when you want to renew it
Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by computer0810(m): 10:16am On Jul 27, 2018
jeff1607:

because you are lucky or privileged to 've a job that over a thousand Nigerian youths can do without breaking a sweat , you shouldn't be making jest of people who toil daily and submit cv's every now and then to be in the same position as you.

the job you 've can be taken away from you at any time even on Monday sef. self employed or not
u r a fool, u don't know what being jobless means, when u have hand work or education is not joblessness, being jobless is not some1 looking for job but some1 who refuse to do anything and I Will never lose my job coz I did not make jest of anybody just keeping praising d politician instead of looking for what to do
Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by thewesternking: 10:17am On Jul 27, 2018
hakeem4:
This is a very good development. As far we don’t wait for a long period before our passport is ready.

I'm sure the waiting time will not change
Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by erico2k2(m): 10:30am On Jul 27, 2018
smallsmall:

Come back in two years time and you will see that this policy has not been implemented!

It is the money they actually need (increase the price of the Passport), they dont actualy want to lentghen the validity because it means you wont come to renew as quickly as is currently the case.

What these thieves are toying with is how to increase the price, without increasing the validity or hike the price so much and use "security features" as an excuse.

Bara'woo.
Sadly I fear to say you are right, But let us hope, is was how the driving licence years of validity got increased. Make we watch and see.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by Riversides2003(m): 10:42am On Jul 27, 2018
no1madman:

One or only?

Lol
Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by Kalusam(m): 10:44am On Jul 27, 2018
41lady:
The number of validity doesn't really matter, what the immigration should improve on is the retaining of passport number, it is only Nigerian I have seen having and carrying 5passport due to variations in passport number. An individual should have a unique passport number throughout, just like I.D number, it will also provide security to the passport. Though I told my uncle who is a compt. of NIS , his reply was we have not reach there yet.... Then when are we going to reach? My second question.
like seriously You mean if one wants to renew their passport they are issued a different passport number from the one on the expired one? Please clarify!
Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by Kolping: 11:53am On Jul 27, 2018
That is still the case but now when you renew your passport, the previous passport number is included in the new passport.

Kalusam:
like seriously You mean if one wants to renew their passport they are issued a different passport number from the one on the expired one? Please clarify!
Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by LastSurvivor11: 12:03pm On Jul 27, 2018
objobj:

Regressive mind
What a pity

And what have your progressive mind done for the country so far?
Keep deceiving urself with yeye patriotism display while the truth is glaring.
Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by CocoaOla: 12:16pm On Jul 27, 2018
paying more after paying 35k for the current one can't the citizen benefits anything good from Nigeria government this country is a huge business Just scamming the citizens
Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by jeff1607(m): 12:22pm On Jul 27, 2018
computer0810:
u r a fool, u don't know what being jobless means, when u have hand work or education is not joblessness, being jobless is not some1 looking for job but some1 who refuse to do anything and I Will never lose my job coz I did not make jest of anybody just keeping praising d politician instead of looking for what to do

first of all I never called you names cos I respect anyone I get to meet here

You don't 've to curse to get your point across.

I can even see you are scared of losing your job . do you know the meaning of jest? how do you know the so called jobless youths didn't go about searching for jobs?

You were once unemployed remember? tomorrow is pregnant.
Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by kingyang: 12:36pm On Jul 27, 2018
jerrybakermillz:
What happened to my own I renewed 2016 ?
ask google .
Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by computer0810(m): 1:58pm On Jul 27, 2018
jeff1607:

first of all I never called you names cos I respect anyone I get to meet here

You don't 've to curse to get your point across.

I can even see you are scared of losing your job . do you know the meaning of jest? how do you know the so called jobless youths didn't go about searching for jobs?

You were once unemployed remember? tomorrow is pregnant.
I can never lose my job coz am a govt worker, just want to clear ur wrong view as I will never make jest of d unemploy coz I know what ppl r facing in d country, i'll advice u use ur brain if u r jobless coz I believe u will have a gift of what u can do aside searching for job
Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by jeff1607(m): 2:21pm On Jul 27, 2018
computer0810:
I can never lose my job coz am a govt worker, just want to clear ur wrong view as I will never make jest of d unemploy coz I know what ppl r facing in d country, i'll advice u use ur brain if u r jobless coz I believe u will have a gift of what u can do aside searching for job

so those who work with the government or in government agencies don't lose their jobs right?

did your brain get you that govt job you hold in high esteem? or simply connection.

And here I was thinking you were smart

Its not by working hard bro, its just grace and that is what you 've for now.

enjoy while it lasts

I see insulting and calling people names comes easy to you.
Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by KenModi(m): 2:26pm On Jul 27, 2018
post=69737988:
He said, “President Buhari has equally approved 10-year validity for passports which is great news. When the report comes, passports will be valid for 10 years which is great news especially for adults from the age of 18 and above.”

Sai Baba

Okay, Sorry sis.
Sai Mama! cheesy

Something even small countries in East Africa like Tanzania and Rwanda have been doing for more than 10 years. Shame on all of you celebrating this as an achievement!
Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by computer0810(m): 2:32pm On Jul 27, 2018
jeff1607:

so those who work with the government or in government agencies don't lose their jobs right?

did your brain get you that govt job you hold in high esteem? or simply connection.

And here I was thinking you were smart

Its not by working hard bro, its just grace and that is what you 've for now.

enjoy while it lasts

I see insulting and calling people names comes easy to you.
so u want me to lose my job...sorry it's not possible...with d way am trying so hard to make u understand i never intend calling any1 jobless but having time to praise politician u still claim am insulting....get a life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension / Turkish Airways Crash Lands, Skids Off Runway, Almost Plunged Into Black Sea / See Filthy Obalende Bus-stop (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.