Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,225 members, 7,829,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports (23878 Views)

President Buhari Launches 10-Year Validity E-passport / Passport With 10-year Validity Effective December / FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by Printerscanner: 7:11am On Jul 27, 2018
Damoxy:
Election is around the Corner

When Buhari is announced as winner of 2019 presidential election, you and your fellow nitwits will commit suicide.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by creepsyme(f): 7:13am On Jul 27, 2018
jerrybakermillz:
What happened to my own I renewed 2016 ?
i just renewed mine last week.
Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by Printerscanner: 7:13am On Jul 27, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Are you for real? Too bad when the youth lacks vision for their country. Sai baba indeed

You will die of hypertension over Buhari issue.

1 Like

Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by romoruyi(m): 7:14am On Jul 27, 2018
Them try for this one....
Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by Nobody: 7:15am On Jul 27, 2018
Printerscanner:

You will die of hypertension over Buhari issue.
Whats my own?

Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by Jaymaxxy(m): 7:17am On Jul 27, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Are you for real? Too bad when the youth lacks vision for their country. Sai baba indeed
But are you guys allergic to good news?
Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by don4real18(m): 7:19am On Jul 27, 2018
They are talking about paying more undecided when I paid 30k+ for mine
Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by Jabioro: 7:20am On Jul 27, 2018
jerrybakermillz:
What happened to my own I renewed 2016 ?
lt would crash out of orbit by 2021...
Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by crispus09(m): 7:21am On Jul 27, 2018
I like that,good one from bubu let go and get mine never had one b4
Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by chinavs9ja(m): 7:23am On Jul 27, 2018
computer0810:
it helps those traveling out of d country as non of ur family never leave biafra b4
How does that help me that is not a Biafran

1 Like

Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by Mentcee(m): 7:26am On Jul 27, 2018
post=69737963:
Currently, the passports have a five-year validity period.

The 10 year should be for new applicant then.
People with 5 years passport will have to wait till it expires and apply for a new one.....the 10 years passport.
Okay.
Buhari is a great leader.

He introduced everything good in Nigeria including producing Nigeria's first passport!
Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by Ztittude(m): 7:30am On Jul 27, 2018
Validity is not much of a problem, it's the amount charged.

Why can't FG compile the immigration service to have a fixed amount and place it on their website as a civilized country.

imagine same Immigration office in a state but various locations with various amount for same type of passport or immigration will be setting prices for us like marketing women knowing we will bargain the amount.

I check other countries and how they process their own passport, I check their website and see all charges and fixed amounts but in Nigeria it's different.

1 Like

Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:31am On Jul 27, 2018

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by LastSurvivor11: 7:32am On Jul 27, 2018
post=69737988:
“One of the reforms he (President Buhari) has approved is that we would improve the quality, security of our passport booklets.
He said, “President Buhari has equally approved 10-year validity for passports which is great news. When the report comes, passports will be valid for 10 years which is great news especially for adults from the age of 18 and above.”

Sai Baba

This is good development most especially for travellers but not a mile stone achievement, a baby of ten years should have changed a lot and it's natural..

By the way, someone will get the contract to improve the quality and the security features as the report says so the idea might actually be birthed out of self aggrandisement and zeal to get the contract and do nothing..
This is Nigeria..

1 Like

Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 27, 2018
Great!..
Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by QualityHealthCa: 7:38am On Jul 27, 2018
helphelp:
All these didn't come 2yrs ago, always a year to election

Na den their brain dey comot hibernate mode...
Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by sehin79(m): 7:39am On Jul 27, 2018
about time kudus baba!!!
Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by peacengine(m): 7:47am On Jul 27, 2018
Nija my kontry!
Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by jerrybakermillz(m): 7:52am On Jul 27, 2018
creepsyme:
i just renewed mine last week.

Can u imagine, last week oh? R dey not supposed to give hint on it..... Instead dey would just wake up n set new policy anyhow.... What will happened to dem if dey give hint on this progress b4 now, so that Nigerians would be aware dat by July 27 passport validation will last 10years

1 Like

Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by dazzlingd(m): 7:55am On Jul 27, 2018
post=69737963:

The 10 year validity period passport should be for new applicant then.
People with 5-year validity passport will have to wait till it expires and apply for a new one.....the 10 years passport.
Okay bye!

You haven't said anything new, you haven't said anything at all
Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by Btruth: 7:56am On Jul 27, 2018
........"but the people would have to pay more". This is where the FG will wait and rip the people off.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by smallsmall: 8:00am On Jul 27, 2018
weyreypey:
Comptroller-General of Immigration, Muhammad Babandede

Adelani Adepegba, Abuja

The Federal Government has approved a 10-year validity period for Nigerian passports.

This followed a presidential approval to change the face of the e-passport 10 years after it was introduced in the country.

The Comptroller-General of Nigerian Immigration Service, Muhammed Babandede , who said this in a report monitored on Channels Tv on Thursday, added that the extended validity period would reduce the stress Nigerians went through every five years to renew their passports.

“One of the reforms he (President Buhari) has approved is that we would improve the quality, security of our passport booklets.

“Ten years after the enrolment of the e-passport system, we need to improve the security features. You can’t keep documents for 10 years without seeing decreased values in them, so we are improving the security features which would raise the standards of the passports,” the CG explained.

He added that the President also approved improved security features for the documents.

Babandede, however, disclosed that the new passports would cost more,
but he did not reveal the new prices for the various categories of the passports.

He said, “President Buhari has equally approved 10-year validity for passports which is great news. When the report comes, passports will be valid for 10 years which is great news especially for adults from the age of 18 and above.”

“Though people will pay more, if they can pay more and get the booklets quickly, it’s good with improved security for 10 years validity. They would pay more but the document would be available, that’s good,” Babandede said.

http://punchng.com/fg-okays-10-year-validity-period-for-passports/

First, this news of increasing validity of our Passports to 10yrs has been on for more than ten years now, but it is all talk, no action.

Second, this Buhari APC and his Fulani cabals are turning out to be worse thieves than the clueless Goatluck Jonathan Govt of PDP.
So, because of increased validity, which is nothing but just a proclamation and it is done-deal, is the excuse these scammer called Muhammed Babandede and Buhari want to use to scam Nigerians?

Hmmm! Under Jonathan it was Immigration employment SCAM.
Under Buhari, it is now immigration Passport SCAM?

Oooooh, the way we will vote out this Buhari, ehn, it wll be a land-slide FAILURE for him in 2019.
angry angry

1 Like

Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by erico2k2(m): 8:03am On Jul 27, 2018
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay thank you babab GOD at last, Immigration Office go dry now, wow 10 years.abeg make i go dust my 9ja passport to get teh new 10 years one.

1 Like

Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by hammed71(m): 8:06am On Jul 27, 2018
so when will the new 10year passport be rolled out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by hammed71(m): 8:07am On Jul 27, 2018
as in when will it be ready
Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by kunzzy4me(m): 8:09am On Jul 27, 2018
It's gonna get better
Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by smallsmall: 8:10am On Jul 27, 2018
jerrybakermillz:

Can u imagine, last week oh? R dey not supposed to give hint on it..... Instead dey would just wake up n set new policy anyhow.... What will happened to dem if dey give hint on this progress b4 now, so that Nigerians would be aware dat by July 27 passport validation will last 10years

Come back in two years time and you will see that this policy has not been implemented!

It is the money they actually need (increase the price of the Passport), they dont actualy want to lentghen the validity because it means you wont come to renew as quickly as is currently the case.

What these thieves are toying with is how to increase the price, without increasing the validity or hike the price so much and use "security features" as an excuse.

Bara'woo.

1 Like

Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by Volcano12(f): 8:10am On Jul 27, 2018
Butterflyle0:
Awesome and absolutely great.

This is the way to go and slowly but surely we will get there.

God bless PMB
which good news?Person never chop na to go do expensive passport.Make them leave all this kain matter and solve Westin dey important.
Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by redcliff: 8:14am On Jul 27, 2018
furcking long overdue!
Re: FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports by Justiceleague1: 8:25am On Jul 27, 2018
Never you obtain your passports in Lagos o. You can do that only if you gat money to spend or you gat long legs..otherwise,you go wait taya grin

computer0810:
Way to go....wishing all reasonable nairalanders a great Friday at work b4 d jobless ones deceived by Saraki and PDP will come and resume work as usual on nairaland

and u are a perfect exampl of such jobless ones grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension / Turkish Airways Crash Lands, Skids Off Runway, Almost Plunged Into Black Sea / Unidentified Accident Victim Unconscious In Abuja Hospital (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.