Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,038 members, 7,810,844 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

Kwankwaso Major Loss To PDP – APC Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kwankwaso Major Loss To PDP – APC Governor (3603 Views)

How APC Governor Insulted Oshiomhole Before Buhari - Vanguard Reveals / APC Governor Caught On Video Receiving $5m Bribes / I Am No Longer In APC – Governor Ortom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kwankwaso Major Loss To PDP – APC Governor by 7Ebisco: 1:56am On Jul 27, 2018
A state governor on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Thursday night, expressed sadness over the defection of former Kano governor, Rabiu Kwankwaso, to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

The governor made his feelings known in an exclusive chat with DAILY POST.

Our correspondent had reached him to comment on the mass defection that hit the ruling party this week.

Reacting, the governor who spoke under anonymity, said the APC was still formidable and that recent developments would push the party to work harder ahead of the 2019 general election.

“What has happened is not what we wished but now we have to re-strategize. God knows best”, he said.

“But I can confidently tell you that our major loss to the PDP is Senator Kwankwaso.

“Those are well-informed would understand what I’m saying. As of today, the former Governor is arguably the strongest force in the North West.

“He is my friend and the truth is we are not happy he left but we have to look ahead and face the reality.

“Having said that, the APC remains strong. My appeal is that we all work for the peace, unity and progress of Nigeria.”

Kwankwaso, who represents Kano Central Senatorial District, was one of the Senators who dumped the APC for the PDP on Tuesday.

Meanwhile, the lawmaker and another former Kano governor Ibrahim Shekarau have reached a pact ahead of next year polls.

DAILY POST understands that the two prominent figures deliberated a few times in recent months on modalities of working together.

Top on their agenda is taking over the Government House from incumbent governor Abdullahi Ganduje.

Ganduje was Kwankwaso’s deputy for eight years (1999-2003 and 2011 to 2015) but the two fell apart shortly after the 2015 election.

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/kwankwaso-major-loss-to-pdp-apc-governor.html

Re: Kwankwaso Major Loss To PDP – APC Governor by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:58am On Jul 27, 2018
Na una sabi....

2 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso Major Loss To PDP – APC Governor by pode(m): 2:36am On Jul 27, 2018
That is life for you, that is to say nothing last forever, the few of you remained in the party should continue paddling the boat till 2019

2 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso Major Loss To PDP – APC Governor by hannysur8(m): 2:42am On Jul 27, 2018
only a fool will said Kwanwkaso is not a force to reckon with.....Biggest loss of APC even more than Atiku and others altogether

13 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso Major Loss To PDP – APC Governor by Nobody: 3:45am On Jul 27, 2018
kwankassiya has a movement even in Kogi state...

5 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso Major Loss To PDP – APC Governor by Genhenry01(m): 4:53am On Jul 27, 2018
All these politicians sef ehn... always seeking favourable grounds...
Re: Kwankwaso Major Loss To PDP – APC Governor by gare(f): 6:06am On Jul 27, 2018
7Ebisco:
A state governor on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Thursday night, expressed sadness over the defection of former Kano governor, Rabiu Kwankwaso, to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

The governor made his feelings known in an exclusive chat with DAILY POST.

Our correspondent had reached him to comment on the mass defection that hit the ruling party this week.

Reacting, the governor who spoke under anonymity, said the APC was still formidable and that recent developments would push the party to work harder ahead of the 2019 general election.

“What has happened is not what we wished but now we have to re-strategize. God knows best”, he said.

“But I can confidently tell you that our major loss to the PDP is Senator Kwankwaso.

“Those are well-informed would understand what I’m saying. As of today, the former Governor is arguably the strongest force in the North West.

“He is my friend and the truth is we are not happy he left but we have to look ahead and face the reality.

“Having said that, the APC remains strong. My appeal is that we all work for the peace, unity and progress of Nigeria.”

Kwankwaso, who represents Kano Central Senatorial District, was one of the Senators who dumped the APC for the PDP on Tuesday.

Meanwhile, the lawmaker and another former Kano governor Ibrahim Shekarau have reached a pact ahead of next year polls.

DAILY POST understands that the two prominent figures deliberated a few times in recent months on modalities of working together.

Top on their agenda is taking over the Government House from incumbent governor Abdullahi Ganduje.

Ganduje was Kwankwaso’s deputy for eight years (1999-2003 and 2011 to 2015) but the two fell apart shortly after the 2015 election.

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/kwankwaso-major-loss-to-pdp-apc-governor.html

THANK YOU MY GUY FOR SPEAKING THE TRUTH AND INDEED THE TRUTH WILL CERTAINLY SET YOU FREE, OSHOMOLE HAS BEING RUNNING HIS MOUTH LIKE THIS GUYS ARE PUSH OVERS, THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING BY DECEMBER I DO NOT THINK THERE WILL BE ANY PARTY CALLED APC, EVEN PMB MAY DECAMP TO PDP grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso Major Loss To PDP – APC Governor by Metuh: 6:33am On Jul 27, 2018
But Idiotic pigs of Buhari and his zombie said Kwankwaso is a paperweight politician? grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwankwaso Major Loss To PDP – APC Governor by sunsewa16: 6:34am On Jul 27, 2018
make oshimole dey there dey run mouth diarhea ,until kwankwaso and shekarau collect kano government house na im eyes go clear

3 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso Major Loss To PDP – APC Governor by johnmartus(m): 6:46am On Jul 27, 2018
Useless governor you better follow your friend traitor.
Re: Kwankwaso Major Loss To PDP – APC Governor by KanwuliaExtra: 6:54am On Jul 27, 2018
At least PDP waited 8 years to DEFECT!
APC? 3 and half years! grin
Association of PEDO-PHILES AND COPROPHILES!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso Major Loss To PDP – APC Governor by magoo10(m): 7:06am On Jul 27, 2018
Yet they were begging him
Continue fooling zombies
Re: Kwankwaso Major Loss To PDP – APC Governor by aolawale025: 7:13am On Jul 27, 2018
APC will come to realise those losses too late in the day just like PDP before last elections

2 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso Major Loss To PDP – APC Governor by MrPolitics: 8:16am On Jul 27, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:
At least PDP waited 8 years to DEFECT!
APC? 3 and half years! grin
Association of PEDO-PHILES AND COPROPHILES!!! grin

Actuallly it took 14 years not 8 for PDP to scatter
Re: Kwankwaso Major Loss To PDP – APC Governor by zickie: 8:23am On Jul 27, 2018
How I wish Kwakwanso, or tambuwal would emerge as PDP flag bearer with Donald duke as vice or morghalu
Re: Kwankwaso Major Loss To PDP – APC Governor by ItsMeAboki(m): 8:31am On Jul 27, 2018
hannysur8:

only a fool will said say Kwanwkaso is not a force to reckon with.....Biggest loss of APC even more than Atiku and others altogether

Yes he is force but his influence would be counterbalanced by the overwhelming even bigger force of Buhari, who continues to enjoy a massive unshakeable following in Kano.
Kwankwaso's defection would not change the political terrain just as much as a lump of sugar cannot change the flavour of a bucket of water.
Re: Kwankwaso Major Loss To PDP – APC Governor by babyfaceafrica: 8:57am On Jul 27, 2018
hmmm
Re: Kwankwaso Major Loss To PDP – APC Governor by OfoIgbo: 9:36am On Jul 27, 2018
zickie:
How I wish Kwakwanso, or tambuwal would emerge as PDP flag bearer with Donald duke as vice or morghalu

Are Fulanis the only northerners. Anyway, Kwakwanso did not defect with his state governor and members of the state's HOA, so Saraki still ranks head and shoulder above Kwakwanso in the current PDP flag-bearer calculations.

I hope PDP people consider these matters carefully before choosing a flag-bearer. Shehu Sanni's move of late, should be an eye-opener.

This Kano state governor seems to be campaigning for Kwakwanso's PDP presidential candidacy, while he's still rooted in APC. That trick doesn't work on me. Fulanis, and their tricks to perpetually remain in power cool cool cool Always playing one side against the other, with fools always taking the bait
Re: Kwankwaso Major Loss To PDP – APC Governor by pyxon(m): 9:53am On Jul 27, 2018
zickie:

Igbo for VP. Nothing more, nothing less
Re: Kwankwaso Major Loss To PDP – APC Governor by Babacele: 10:27am On Jul 27, 2018
why couldn't kwakwanso plus OBJ and Yardua defeat Buhari? Why couldn't Shekarau who became more popular before he drank the N950m Dasuki's reputation poison from PDP in 2015 defeat Mai gaskia ? Kano,Kaduna and kastina are on Buhari's total lockdown. Let Kwakwanso defeat Ganduje first. All of you saboteurs shall be smoked out of APC. All!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso Major Loss To PDP – APC Governor by tuniski: 11:19am On Jul 27, 2018
Babacele:
why couldn't kwakwanso plus OBJ and Yardua defeat Buhari? Why couldn't Shekarau who became more popular before he drank the N950m Dasuki's reputation poison from PDP in 2015 defeat Mai gaskia ? Kano,Kaduna and kastina are on Buhari's total lockdown. Let Kwakwanso defeat Ganduje first. All of you saboteurs shall be smoked out of APC. All!
In 7 months time you must have learnt a new political reality!

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso Major Loss To PDP – APC Governor by Babacele: 11:47am On Jul 27, 2018
tuniski:

In 7 months time you must have learnt a new political reality!
Go ask Fayose.

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso Major Loss To PDP – APC Governor by KanwuliaExtra: 11:56am On Jul 27, 2018
MrPolitics:

Actuallly it took 14 years not 8 for PDP to scatter

I stand corrected. cheesy
Re: Kwankwaso Major Loss To PDP – APC Governor by KingRagnar: 12:12pm On Jul 27, 2018
How can Kwankwaso be a major loss, someone who is known for always defecting during elections from PDP to APC to PDP now again. Good riddance and as PMB said, I wish you well in your future efforts. One thing is guaranteed, he is not strong enough to defeat PMB, he may have possibly divided the Votes in Kano for Buhari but he cannot defeat him

2 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso Major Loss To PDP – APC Governor by PassingShot(m): 12:15pm On Jul 27, 2018
hannysur8:
only a fool will said Kwanwkaso is not a force to reckon with.....Biggest loss of APC even more than Atiku and others altogether
A force that has only 6 members of the state's house of assembly on his side, is that one a force?
Re: Kwankwaso Major Loss To PDP – APC Governor by Samcoflex75(m): 1:56pm On Jul 27, 2018
True, 1.9million votes from kano for buhari was made possible by him
Re: Kwankwaso Major Loss To PDP – APC Governor by DICKOBI: 2:36pm On Jul 27, 2018
kwankwaso departure from APC is a big blow to the party,He is one of the strongest political heavy weight in Nigeria not only in the North west,many fulanis listens to him just like buhari and above all he is educated and more modernize more than buhari.I wish Oshomole would be more diplomatic in the handling of the party affairs.
Re: Kwankwaso Major Loss To PDP – APC Governor by tuniski: 2:37pm On Jul 27, 2018
Babacele:
Go ask Fayose.
Carry Ekiti it has been bad omen for apc/buhari.

Weeks after boom APC imploded!

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso Major Loss To PDP – APC Governor by Babacele: 3:17pm On Jul 27, 2018
tuniski:

Carry Ekiti it has been bad omen for apc/buhari.

Weeks after boom APC imploded!
it is obvious you don't know the meaning of implosion. How many states have APC lost ?
Re: Kwankwaso Major Loss To PDP – APC Governor by OfficialAPCNig: 3:20pm On Jul 27, 2018
Yes Buhari have cult followership in the North but Kwankwasiyya Movement is the largest formalized political movement in the North.

Shekarau + Kwankwanso is a deadly combo in Kano. Only fools would deny this.

And if you think Kano indigenes would vote Buhari if PDP eventually fields him as Presidential candidate then you are mistaken.

Kwankwanso is a great addition but Saraki has better value.

Any of Kwankwanso, Atiku or Saraki will defeat Buhari if they work together. I love the leadership of Saraki at the Senate and I would want him to remind so.

He is the best thing to happen to our democracy after Jonathan. (Fact)

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Presidential Debate 2019: APC Appoints Osinbajo To “debates” For Buhari / The Way Nigerians Reacted On Twitter When They Heard That Lai Muhammad Threateni / Picture Of The Dead Person Buhari Appointed Into FCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.