Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

'APC Lawmakers Being Tempted With Cash To Defect' - Gbajabiamila - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'APC Lawmakers Being Tempted With Cash To Defect' - Gbajabiamila (13344 Views)

Senator Shehu Sani Reveals How PDP Lured APC Lawmakers / Ekiti APC Lawmakers Reject Long Adjournment / Three Northern APC Governors To Defect To PDP (Names) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

'APC Lawmakers Being Tempted With Cash To Defect' - Gbajabiamila by dre11(m): 4:26am On Jul 27, 2018
•Oshiomhole: problems ’ll be solved

Posted By: Tony Akowe

Aggrieved All Progressives Congress (APC) members in the House of Representatives are being enticed with mouth-watering cash and automatic return ticket to leave the party, House Leader Femi Gbajabiamila said yesterday.

He spoke during a meeting between APC lawmakers and the National Working Committee (NWC) led by Adams Oshiomhole.

Gbajabiamila demanded automatic return tickets for the faithful members to compensate them for theitr steadfastness and broaden the gains of democracy.

But Oshiomhole said he could not guarantee a return ticket adding that the APC would not impose candidates on their constituents.

The chairman added that while the party would continue to dialogue with members of the party with genuine grievances, it would not negotiate with those he described as “political mercenaries”.

Gbajabiamila said it took commitment of the members to the party and its ideology to turn down the tempting monetary offer, stressing that he was confident that the automatic ticket being offered would not be given to those who accepted the offer and defected from the APC.

He asked the APC chairman to continue to fight for the interest of the lawmakers and do everything within his power to ensure that they are returned to the House in view of the experiences they have garnered over the years.

He said: “I want to congratulate the party that we are able to heave a sign of relief after what I personally consider an abysmal failure, the attempt to turn APC into a minority party in the House and Senate.

The reason why that was not possible is because seated before you is a team committed to the ideals of our party and despite sharing in the grievances of those who have left, remain stead fast.

“It is because of them and not because of anyone of us in leadership, it is because of them, their commitment and steadfastness that in both chambers of the national assembly and especially in the House of Representatives that we command a clear majority. I emphasize this so that the party can begin to appreciate these members.

“It is the time to consolidate and stay in touch with our members and keep them close because, this is what I told you Mr Chairman, this is their time, I was on Channels yesterday with the PDP publicity secretary and it made my heart bleed by the way politicians were described in a term analogous to farming. He said this was a harvest time as if it was a harvest of corn, rice and maize.The APC is not for harvest.

He said a former PDP member who defected to the SDP had now joined the APC.

“This letter came from Hon. Olamide Oni from Ekiti who about three or four months ago, defected from the PDP to the SDP.

“He realised that the only party that can serve his interest is the APC. He is now with us.”

Oshiomhole said the nation must get its politics right, while politicians must learn to have ideology that will drive their electoral process, saying “Until we get there, these musical chairs will continue.”

He said with the defection of some members, “What has happened is that we are able to establish ahead of time those fair-weather party members who go according to where their pocket will be lined. Some of them are politicians of convenience and I don’t think that if we patch them up now, they can still flow.

. “Somebody asked if we are going to counter the PDP by offering automatic ticket and I asked, did we serve anybody a departure ticket? If we did not give you a departure ticket, how did the issue of return ticket arise?

. “My own findings arising from interactions, is that it is true that there are a number of legislators who have some issues with their local forces in their respective states and not arising from the federal executives.

“Those issues are local and because every politics is local, every solution to political problem should necessarily be local.

Oshiomhole said to give party members a level-playing ground and to ensure justice and fairness that it decided to use direct primary for the Osun governorship election.

He said “In other to send clear signals out so that no one person or group can hold the system to ransom, we have tried to revisit our constitution and activate all the clauses that will help us to maintain unity and harmony within the house.

“I have said that for us to have peace and unity, we must fight for justice and fairness because peace and unity is an outcome of justice and fairness. If you do not address justice, we cannot preach peace because peace cannot be decreed, but the outcome of a process.

“I said to those who say they are running to PDP that, it is good, that is where you belong. If you left there because you felt that the culture of sharing will be deepened in the APC and you have found that sharing the money is not part of it and you choose to return, good luck to you.

“But you must realize that the access to CBN has been cut off, the access to NNPC has been cut off, the access to converting defense spending has been cut off and those who have done it are helping security agencies to explain, they are confessing how they share the national treasury and so, you are free to go.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/apc-lawmakers-being-tempted-with-cash-to-defect-says-leader/
Re: 'APC Lawmakers Being Tempted With Cash To Defect' - Gbajabiamila by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:28am On Jul 27, 2018
All these guys dont know more than money.
They have no business being in the Senate for real.
It's only when they hear the word money that their ear straightens up like a dog's!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'APC Lawmakers Being Tempted With Cash To Defect' - Gbajabiamila by Teacher1776(m): 4:39am On Jul 27, 2018
Stories that touch. If APC desperately wants these men to remain, can't they even double what they alleged PDP was giving them? With all the trillions they have piled up to buy votes with next year.
Was it no the same APC who paid 5k to each voter two weeks ago to buy votes in Ekiti?
Abeg shift make I pass

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 'APC Lawmakers Being Tempted With Cash To Defect' - Gbajabiamila by hannysur8(m): 4:49am On Jul 27, 2018
E be like say APC no get change again,that is why PDP are tempting there members with money

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'APC Lawmakers Being Tempted With Cash To Defect' - Gbajabiamila by AroleOduduwa(m): 4:57am On Jul 27, 2018
PDP are not in the helm of affairs, how can they afford to tempt lawmakers with money?

Are you saying that PDP that can’t afford to pay their national workers and bills have trillions of naira to throw around at lawmakers?

Apc are bunch of drowning men who are looking for a straw to clutch at

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'APC Lawmakers Being Tempted With Cash To Defect' - Gbajabiamila by Nogodye(m): 4:58am On Jul 27, 2018
PDP just want to have access to our national purse at all cost.They have done more harms than good for this nation...They sold majority of our national properties.Posterity will judge them all.

7 Likes

Re: 'APC Lawmakers Being Tempted With Cash To Defect' - Gbajabiamila by kazmanbanjoko(m): 6:07am On Jul 27, 2018
I'd rather vote buhari for second term then

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'APC Lawmakers Being Tempted With Cash To Defect' - Gbajabiamila by Nobody: 6:09am On Jul 27, 2018
The nations newspapers has been on rampage since the defection....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'APC Lawmakers Being Tempted With Cash To Defect' - Gbajabiamila by Angelb4: 11:16am On Jul 27, 2018
What will it profit you to defect and loose your next election?

3 Likes

Re: 'APC Lawmakers Being Tempted With Cash To Defect' - Gbajabiamila by olaolulazio(m): 11:17am On Jul 27, 2018
Make una tempt then back with money na

3 Likes

Re: 'APC Lawmakers Being Tempted With Cash To Defect' - Gbajabiamila by cosmatika(m): 11:17am On Jul 27, 2018
Will u shattap? Tell us how u got the money to buy ur wife the G wagon u gave her 2mnths ago

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'APC Lawmakers Being Tempted With Cash To Defect' - Gbajabiamila by Opinionated: 11:18am On Jul 27, 2018
Too bad and after that, they lose usefulness.
Re: 'APC Lawmakers Being Tempted With Cash To Defect' - Gbajabiamila by tstx(m): 11:18am On Jul 27, 2018
There's nothing new under the sun

See my signature
Re: 'APC Lawmakers Being Tempted With Cash To Defect' - Gbajabiamila by Aldebaran(m): 11:18am On Jul 27, 2018

ALL NIGERIAN POLITICIANS ARE GOING TO THE DEEPEST PART OF HELL FIRE.Crazy Animals angry

3 Likes

Re: 'APC Lawmakers Being Tempted With Cash To Defect' - Gbajabiamila by chinavs9ja(m): 11:18am On Jul 27, 2018
What is now the point?

Check my signature if you need a web developer
Re: 'APC Lawmakers Being Tempted With Cash To Defect' - Gbajabiamila by pyxon(m): 11:19am On Jul 27, 2018
Hmm
Re: 'APC Lawmakers Being Tempted With Cash To Defect' - Gbajabiamila by joyagberekeme51: 11:19am On Jul 27, 2018
hmmm I see

Re: 'APC Lawmakers Being Tempted With Cash To Defect' - Gbajabiamila by AdesegunSanni89: 11:19am On Jul 27, 2018
AroleOduduwa:
PDP are not in the helm of affairs, how can they afford to tempt lawmakers with money?

Are you saying that PDP that can’t afford to pay their national workers and bills have trillions of naira to throw around at lawmakers?

Apc are bunch of drowning men who are looking for a straw to clutch at
If you think PDP is coming back to power in 2019, then you are the greatest political Mumu

2 Likes

Re: 'APC Lawmakers Being Tempted With Cash To Defect' - Gbajabiamila by twentyk(m): 11:20am On Jul 27, 2018
Who can't wait for the new season to start already..

I see the great Manchester United winning the league....
Man United
Liverpool
City
Tottenham
Re: 'APC Lawmakers Being Tempted With Cash To Defect' - Gbajabiamila by Fesomu(m): 11:20am On Jul 27, 2018
Nigerians now more interested in individual than party....

1 Like

Re: 'APC Lawmakers Being Tempted With Cash To Defect' - Gbajabiamila by Akpacha(m): 11:22am On Jul 27, 2018
Apc with lies and propaganda are like 5&6.

2 Likes

Re: 'APC Lawmakers Being Tempted With Cash To Defect' - Gbajabiamila by melvinjames: 11:22am On Jul 27, 2018
Gbajabiamila is confessing?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'APC Lawmakers Being Tempted With Cash To Defect' - Gbajabiamila by Oludon20: 11:22am On Jul 27, 2018
Are you encouraging money politics? If this report is true then we are doomed in this country. We all should gather to say no to Money politics not justifying it. Thank you.
Teacher1776:
Stories that touch. If APC desperately wants these men to remain, can't they even double what they alleged PDP was giving them? With all the trillions they have piled up to buy votes with next year.
Was it no the same APC who paid 5k to each voter two weeks ago to buy votes in Ekiti?
Abeg shift make I pass

3 Likes

Re: 'APC Lawmakers Being Tempted With Cash To Defect' - Gbajabiamila by bluefilm: 11:23am On Jul 27, 2018
post=69739333:
All these guys dont know more than money.
They have no business being in the Senate for real.
It's only when they hear the word money that their ear straightens up like a dog's!

I dey tell you!!!

It's just that so many of their supporters have failed to see this.

And that's too bad.
Re: 'APC Lawmakers Being Tempted With Cash To Defect' - Gbajabiamila by temi2008: 11:23am On Jul 27, 2018
That is not true. How would an opposition party be tempting the ruling the ruling party with money? How much will the opposition party give the national assembly members sef ....Any one who believes this false news believes it at his/her peril.

Is a lie! APC is seeking attention

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'APC Lawmakers Being Tempted With Cash To Defect' - Gbajabiamila by snapshot: 11:24am On Jul 27, 2018
You rejected mouth watering cash offer,but you want APC to give automatic ticked,how are you better than those who collected money?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'APC Lawmakers Being Tempted With Cash To Defect' - Gbajabiamila by Akpacha(m): 11:25am On Jul 27, 2018
AdesegunSanni89:
If you think PDP is coming back to power in 2019, then you are the greatest political Mumu
u are a FOOL to think buhari is going to win next election.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'APC Lawmakers Being Tempted With Cash To Defect' - Gbajabiamila by Bizibi(m): 11:25am On Jul 27, 2018
Nogodye:
PDP just want to have access to our national purse at all cost.They have done more harms than good for this nation...They sold majority of our national properties.Posterity will judge them all.
more harm than good then what are we going to brand APC for......

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Calls For Restructuring: Go To National Assembly - Garba Shehu Tells Agitators / Agbakoba Seeks Punishment For Interim Govt Planners / UNIILORIN Staff Uses Bore-hole To Fill Water-dispenser Cans (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.