Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? (31710 Views)

Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? / Should A Born Again Christian Look Sexy in Public? / Should A Born Again Christian Involve In Active Politics? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Yankee101: 1:55pm On Jul 29, 2018
Lol. Is your pastor right? Hosea was expressly instructed to marry a harlot
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by hopefulLandlord: 1:56pm On Jul 29, 2018
Enasuarez:

Point of correction, Christianity is not a religion rather a way of life. Bible says, we should not be unequally yoked with the unbelievers and also He that findeth a wife, findeth a good thing and obtaineth favors from the Lord. So stop saying you are waiting for the will of God because God will not come down and find wife for you oh, rather you are the person to do the finding. And don't tell me you've not seen any other sister in your church to fall in love with all this while than trying to heat up two families in the name of love. Don't try interpreting the bible to suit you alone and don't be a hearer only, but also a doer of the written Word.

How does this sermon of yours relate to Hosea who married Homer, a prostitute?
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by generationz(f): 1:57pm On Jul 29, 2018
delkuf:
the thing is that have gotten any confirmation from God. see, I believe God is taking me higher. as in I may likely end up a pastor, though God hasn't spoken anything yet, but I know that is where am heading. so can she be a wife of a pastor, I don't think so. why this go to her if I don't think she can do well as a pastor's wife. and can God really tell one to marry a Muslim
pastor kumuyis first wife Biodun was Muslim

she got converted in his fellowship in unilag and was very fervent sharing tracts and all before he married her.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by generationz(f): 2:01pm On Jul 29, 2018
Meekha:
Well, lemme not say that we are both sailing on the same ship but my own situation seems very similar to yours. I really helped her in the time when she needed help most and the help happened to be very timely and this made her fall in love with me. But there are many problems here
1. I am 7 years older than her (Which I do not find really ideal but nevertheless can cope or change my views shaa)
2. She is a Muslim and I am a BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN who wouldn't' give up my Christian faith for any reason, though I was born a Muslim, I converted to Christianity along the way.
3. She is from a super rich family and I am only a worker hired by her dad to help coach her where she had deficiencies. I am a graduate who is just trying to make ends meet and this job is very dear to me.
4. I have made a personal commitment to myself against falling in love with people I coach but then, this seemed to be very very different!
5. The parents of the girl have a high level of trust for me or an unusual likeness so they treat me better than other co-workers maybe it's because I deliver an exceptionally excellent service plus I am very hospitable and I consider it one of the greatest wrong I will do to betray their trust.
6. I know that it is a great woe on her part if her parents never find out about her emotional connection to me because it is a big TABOO for Muslim girls to marry Christian man though the reverse is permissible!
7. She is a Hausa-Fulani girl while I am from the middle belt: A clash of culture and social values.
8. I will end up putting the saviour who connected me with the family in a big trouble and this may result in the robbing of other young people like me of their prospects. The list seems endless.

Of a truth, I love the girl and she is of the view that she can marry a Christian cos her religion permits it (i knew it's not true, she was just speaking out of love). I currently have been putting up a stern face whenever we meet but this seems to be fanning the flames of desires even the more. The more I get to see her, the more my resolve weakens as per not dating her. Whenever I pray, her pictures keep flashing before my face as if to say that she is the One and I dream a lot about her these days. She is more than beautiful (know these typical beautiful Hausa-Fulani girls)

THE TRUTH!!!
Christianity does not encourage marrying people of the opposite religion and so if one does it, it may not be the best choice!!
God save us!!!

This girl must be a tennager right?
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Olabenjamen22(m): 2:01pm On Jul 29, 2018
yazach:

Sure because

Our religion allows it but your religion forbade it(now ask yourself who will advise you to go against your religion?? Obviously devil)

Lolz, well you religion is nothing but hypocrite religion sha.

But why did your Allah later change the rule because last i check it was first stated clearly that both Muslim brothers and sisters should not take non Muslim as wife.

Lolz, so you dont want the brothers to go against there religion belief but you want the sisters to go against there own religion believe right?

Or dont the same law apply to Christian sisters?

I guess it was Satan that is tempting you to marry a Christian sisters too so that she can go against her religion belief.

So stop been an instrument of Satan by not chasing Christian sisters.

Lolz peace.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by farem: 2:02pm On Jul 29, 2018
Hmmn... in your heart of your heart you know you are just being heady!
Anytime you pray Holy something keeps bringing her to your mind,

You know we Christians should not really marry Muslim or the Bible says so?
Your pastor said no and you're coming here to here from Nairalanded Christians some of who you don't know or have their personal testimony. Some are even converted by Daddy G.O Freeze

Marital bliss is beyond here and if heaven is your goal, getting married to unbeliever shouldn't be on the consideration. An unbeliever is one who hasn't willingly come under the Lordship of Jesus Christ
They may even be in your Church workforce. (Not just about Moslems alone. Bible says that Satan does transform to be the angel of light to deceive.
You're also waiting weather she would convert to a Christian, right? I tell you if a grand witch wants to get married to you, she could join your Church choir or prayer team!
Go and marry a Christless lover and get Satan as your father in law!

God's mouth dey smell abi and the Bible is too weak to convince you that it's not the way, abi? You go learn am when it will be too late.

God(I mean Jehovah) says and I quote :

1 Corinthians 6:14
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Olabenjamen22(m): 2:05pm On Jul 29, 2018
malakasea:
It is compulsory in our religion.

And it is not compulsory in our religion so stop been a tools for Satan by not chasing after Christian sister.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Moukandjo: 2:10pm On Jul 29, 2018
madridsta007:

lol. And I have asked you as a Christian, what your response would be to the poster, "can a born again Christian marry a Muslim lady".
Mine is simple: "no". And I quoted a scripture, which you seem to have a problem with, despite the fact that you claim to be a Christian.
I have asked you, what your response should be to the question is.

I'm not willing to go into an argument on verses and chapters and all that as I think it would be wrong to start that on a thread that simply asks a simple question and needed responses from born-again Christians. That would be derailing the thread. Scope is important in public discourse. I'm happy to do that in any other thread that calls for it. Just tag me.
My response is that him marrying her should go beyond their methods of worship! Even among Christians, there are denominations who're "unbelievers" to some other denomination!

For me, her outlook to life is more important! If they both don't & won't have a problem with either of them practising their individual methods of worship now & in the future, if they both believe in the virtues of Jesus Christ - humility & love which, in my opinion, makes them the believers the Bible is talking about, if they sort out what religion their future children will practise before getting married, and, finally, if they can strongly convince their families about their decision so that they can free them after marriage, then there's nothing stopping them from getting married, bro!
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 29, 2018
Nothing wrong with that, infact it is biblical.....read 1 Cor. 7:12-13
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by k10: 2:14pm On Jul 29, 2018
God might be talking about something else but using the lady as a point of reference...
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by IslamicRebel: 2:15pm On Jul 29, 2018
BalogunIdowu:
Well for the female Muslim that understands her Deen, knows she should not marry a non Muslim. Not for any other purpose but to safe guard her religion.

However she should relate with them with morals

You worship a hateful God.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by winnah(f): 2:16pm On Jul 29, 2018
enilove:

Op, I will advice you to do the following :

1... Approach her and inform her of your feelings for her. If she agrees , tell her that she needs to be converted to a Christian and Why.

2... If she cannot convert , then remove the idea of marriage to her from your heart.

Those 2 steps are very Important because , if you don't ask her to convert b4 marriage , she might refused to after marriage. And as long as she does not commit adultery , you cannot divorce her based on her religion if she is willing to remain in the marriage.

God has told us not to marry an unbeliever which may be why God has refused to speak to you.
God does not go against His words.

A wrong marriage can destroy God's plan for you. It can take you to hell.
You may think women are weak, but in marriages they are VERY VERY POWERFUL.

MY ADVICE IS THIS, DONT MARRY HER FOR ANY REASON UNLESS SHE ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST AS HER SAVIOUR.

wow!!!! what a brilliant advice. i really applaud you.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by yazach: 2:17pm On Jul 29, 2018
Olabenjamen22:

[s]
Lolz, well you religion is nothing but hypocrite religion sha.[/s]
But why did your Allah later change the rule because last i check it was first stated clearly that both Muslim brothers and sisters should not take non Muslim as wife.

Lolz, so you dont want the brothers to go against there religion belief but you want the sisters to go against there own religion believe right?

Or dont the same law apply to Christian sisters?

I guess it was Satan that is tempting you to marry a Christian sisters too so that she can go against her religion belief.

[s]
So stop been an instrument of Satan by not chasing Christian sisters.
[/s]
Lolz peace.

I only see someone forming here.

@red
You are lying here
Where did you see that both man and woman are prohibited from marrying people of the book.

@blue
Both should not go against their religion

@green

No you are wrong my religion permit it
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by ollah2: 2:18pm On Jul 29, 2018
DonPikko:
Too many religious bigot on this thread

Yet they attack Buhari hungry dogs
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by ollah2: 2:18pm On Jul 29, 2018
BIXYBABE:

Some Pentecostal Churches don't allow their member marry white garment churches. due to their believe dat is cult gardening. It really weaks me

You are going too far. Even within Pentecostal churches

1 Like

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Buffalowings3(m): 2:20pm On Jul 29, 2018
O ga O
We carry smellos middle eastern religions for head like gala

Africans so dull. grin

1 Like

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Olabenjamen22(m): 2:24pm On Jul 29, 2018
yazach:

You are lying here
Where did you see that both man and woman are prohibited from marrying people of the book.

Lolz common nothing to form about here, just for clarification.

Well can you please quote that verse that ban your Muslim sisters from marrying a Christian brother here please.

yazach:

No you are wrong my religion permit it

Lolz, and no one care weather your religion permit it or not, but i guess your religion tell you not to allow your other brothers to fail into sin because in Christianity it is sin for the sister to marry a non Christian. So why making yourself a tools in the hand of Satan.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Asbaba(m): 2:25pm On Jul 29, 2018
in Islam it is forbidden for Muslim girl to marry non-Muslims, but for a Muslim boy is allowed to those considered as a people of book by the Quran (I. e Christians and Jew's). so, if you really love her and you don't want to be the cause of chaos between her family and herself, keep the love and the marrying plan to yourself. or else you might be the reason she'll lose her family or her life for. and I know you don't to be the reason for either of the two.

and if my daughter is to marry a Christian or non Muslim no matter what his faith is, I'll declare her not my daughter from that moment.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Godsproxy: 2:26pm On Jul 29, 2018
Don't fall for the trap my brother.I was a Muslim when I dated a Muslim lady too for 5years. But when I became born again, I told the lady about my new faith.I tried all I could to get her saved.Had to break the relationship after 2 years. Satan is clever.He's setting a trap to truncate your destiny. If you marry an unbeliever,then you have the devil as your father-in-law .
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 29, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
I like how this conversation is made on the base that Christianity is true and Islam is false so everyone is telling him to convert the Muslim to Christianity because, you know, OP would gladly leave Christianity too for islam if the girl asks wink

This is another reason to be an Antitheist, remove religious discrimination, racial discrimination, tribal discrimination and OP would've been asking "Can a Man marry a woman?"

All religion does is divide us and give us one extra reason to antagonise each other as though the reasons we already have aren't enough
I don't care about other comments or how far this page has gone, this is APT! .. I wish double tap a million times. kiss

1 Like

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Autophys1: 2:31pm On Jul 29, 2018
To the poster, U ve only told us about difference in religion.

Have U studied her character to know the kind of person she is? Do U know her flaws? Can U live with them? Are U compatible? Do not be blinded by love. Are U prepared to allow her practise her religion with hindrance under ur roof?

Pray to God for direction. If U still felt led to her, start talking to her and making your intention known to her.

Let her know, she is free to practise her religion in ur house but U will prefer It children to practise ur religion. If she's fine with That, brother go for her.

However, never stop praying for her.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by odisman(m): 2:31pm On Jul 29, 2018
honey001:
NO!
thou shalt not be unequal yoke together with unbelievers......

2 Cor. 6:14
Don't team up with those who are unbelievers. How can righteousness be a partner with wickedness? How can light live with darkness?

Absolutely true. You are a child of the free woman (Sarah), a covenant child and she is of the bond woman. I believe you know what that means. So pray to God for a spouse and don't get carried away by your emotions. That's the mistake we make sometimes. Believing we can help do things without the Holy Spirit.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 29, 2018
First, saying God needs to speak with you before you know His will is ignorance. The will of God is in two levels: General will and specific will.
General will is written in 1 Thess 4:3-7 which talks about sexual integrity, Believer in Christ, honesty in biz and all forms of purity. If you’re not living a life that is sanctified, you’re definitely walking out of God’s will.
Specific will has to do with ur individual life like marriage, jobs, careees, etc which are not written in black and white in the Bible

The general will of God has to be your lifestyle first before the specific one will be revealed
Listen, the will of God is actually to be as natural as breathing. God is not trying to make people who do not think but follow only instructions but rather make you be like Him so that your own disposition or common sense will be His...The Lord will only lead you through different means when you find yourself between two cross roads....In marriage, if the girl is a believer and you like her, then it’s the perfect will of God....

In your case, is she a believer in Christ? If no, it’s not the will of God and pls stop harassing God otherwise you’ll be more convinced that marrying her is the will of God....

Remember Balaam? He first inquired God if he could curse the people of Israel and God said No...he then collected bribe and sought God again if he could curse them and the Lord said Yes...He was on his way when the Lord appeared to kill him if not that the donkey stopped...

You know the lady in question is not a believer yet you keep asking God for his will...God will not speak to you because you ought to know from his Word
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by hopefulLandlord: 2:34pm On Jul 29, 2018
yettymuse:
I don't care about other comments or how far this page has gone, this is APT! .. I wish double tap a million times. kiss

Thanks ma'am
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by asid(m): 2:35pm On Jul 29, 2018
[quote author=Saintbee post=69803429][/quote]

PREACH
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by bigtt76(f): 2:35pm On Jul 29, 2018
God spoke to and you carry go meet yeye pastor toh! undecided

delkuf:
Please I need your advice. Is so happened that I know this lady for years now. we are good friends. But the problem is, I know that as a Christian we can't really get married because she is a Muslim. So I have been trying to keep the relationship on just us being friends, even though I love her and I know She has this little feelings for me. If I had been serious, I know we would have gotten married or close to that, but I keep avoiding her and sometimes I do it on purpose.

Now, where I get really confused is that, any time i pray for God's will in marriage, she keeps coming to my mind. This is not infatuation or something. It has been happening over and over again. I know God also talk to us through giving us this deep impression in our heart.

It was so deep on day that I told the Holy Spirit that I can't marry her. I spoke with my pastor this week concerning this issue, and he said it is not possible for God to tell us to marry a Muslim and this thing keeps coming. am really confuse. because of this, have not been praying concerning marriage.

PLEASEEEEEE, I need Christians to comment on this.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by AyeMoJuba: 2:36pm On Jul 29, 2018
delkuf:
Please I need your advice. Is so happened that I know this lady for years now. we are good friends. But the problem is, I know that as a Christian we can't really get married because she is a Muslim. So I have been trying to keep the relationship on just us being friends, even though I love her and I know She has this little feelings for me. If I had been serious, I know we would have gotten married or close to that, but I keep avoiding her and sometimes I do it on purpose.

Now, where I get really confused is that, any time i pray for God's will in marriage, she keeps coming to my mind. This is not infatuation or something. It has been happening over and over again. I know God also talk to us through giving us this deep impression in our heart.

It was so deep on day that I told the Holy Spirit that I can't marry her. I spoke with my pastor this week concerning this issue, and he said it is not possible for God to tell us to marry a Muslim and this thing keeps coming. am really confuse. because of this, have not been praying concerning marriage.

If truly you are born again, you won't even think about it...the bible is clear...do not be yoked with an unbeliever. But again if she truly converted and be born again, then you can marry her
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by rayobaba(m): 2:36pm On Jul 29, 2018
Bro. I know u are so confused right now.
Firstly, relax Ur mind and don't take decisions as if tomorrow no dey.
Secondly, l already know dts wat Ur pastor wl say. But becareful to listen to ur pastor, l believe his statement is based on flesh not wat God reveal to him.
Thirdly, you have discussions to make wt d girl. Is she determined to marry you? If yes, ask if she can change to Christianity. D issue is when u both start giving birth, problem may show face as to naming Ur kids and where they are to worship. It's better husband and wife attends same church let alone different religion.
Fourthly, as for me, l av dated girls from another church and l realised now dt my wife and l must be attended same church to keep d family together.
Fifthly, it wl be very difficult for her to accept to change her religion unless she see reasons for her to change. I mean personal conviction. So don't pretend she wl change. Ask her.
Lastly, l wl advice u to av lengthy physical discussion wt her to know wat she prefers. I think am telling u it's better u marry someone dt after marriage u both wl be attending same church. Don't let love overshadow u. After marriage is reality. So u won't regret. But u need to pray to know if she's a person u shd even marry before religion wl make u take wrong decision. Don't let religion be d first determinant of Ur decision. But consider d future i.e when u both start having kids.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by madridsta007(m): 2:39pm On Jul 29, 2018
Moukandjo:

My response is that him marrying her should go beyond their methods of worship! Even among Christians, there are denominations who're "unbelievers" to some other denomination!

For me, her outlook to life is more important! If they both don't & won't have a problem with either of them practising their individual methods of worship now & in the future, if they both believe in the virtues of Jesus Christ - humility & love which, in my opinion, makes them the believers the Bible is talking about, if they sort out what religion their future children will practise before getting married, and, finally, if they can strongly convince their families about their decision so that they can free them after marriage, then there's nothing stopping them from getting married, bro!

Ah, I see.
I would have assumed that a born again Christian should marry another born again Christian. And there is a laid-down process in becoming a born again Christian. It's in the Bible.
Marriage is beyond the emotions of the present. That is why most celebrity marriages fail. It is 100% emotions-driven. They had great outlook towards life, hence they were "celebrated". Hence "celebrities".
It should be, I believe, about a strict commonality in values- thus, "a born again Christian to another born again Christian". Same with a Muslim to a Muslim, a Sikh to a Sikh or a Jew to a Jew- I used these examples as these ones are pretty strict about these sort of serious, lifelong issues.
In any case, I respect your view, even though I do not agree to it.
All the best to the decision-maker. I hope it works out for him.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 29, 2018
delkuf:

First, saying God needs to speak with you before you know His will is ignorance. The will of God is in two levels: General will and specific will.
General will is written in 1 Thess 4:3-7 which talks about sexual integrity, Believer in Christ, honesty in biz and all forms of purity. If you’re not living a life that is sanctified, you’re definitely walking out of God’s will.
Specific will has to do with ur individual life like marriage, jobs, careees, etc which are not written in black and white in the Bible

The general will of God has to be your lifestyle first before the specific one will be revealed
Listen, the will of God is actually to be as natural as breathing. God is not trying to make people who do not think but follow only instructions but rather making you be like Him so that your own disposition or common sense will be His...The Lord will only lead you through different means when you find yourself between two cross roads....In marriage, if the girl is a believer and you like her, then it’s the perfect will of God....

In your case, is she a believer in Christ? If no, it’s not the will of God and pls stop harassing God otherwise you’ll be more convinced that marrying her is the will of God....

Remember Balaam? He first inquired God if he could curse the people of Israel and God said No...he then collected bribe and sought God again if he could curse them and the Lord said Yes...He was on his way when the Lord appeared to kill him if not that the donkey stopped...

You know the lady in question is not a believer yet you keep asking God for his will...God will not speak to you because you ought to know from his Word

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

DSS Invites Apostle Suleman Over Unguided Rant / Ladies Please Save Us The Distraction In Church / Why I Stopped Closing My Eyes During Prayers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.