Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Update: Nigerian Man Becomes An American Citizen - Photo & Application History - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update: Nigerian Man Becomes An American Citizen - Photo & Application History (4617 Views)

"See Update": Nigerian Lady Uses Crates To Make Bed Frame, Video Amazes People / This Man Could Be Minister Of Justice When A Certain Man Becomes President / US Forces Rescue American Citizen Kidnapped In Nigeria IS Fake News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Update: Nigerian Man Becomes An American Citizen - Photo & Application History by mekuslogan: 4:00pm On Jul 27, 2018
Glad to PERMANENTLY escape all the shenanigans in Nigeria.

Took my oath of U.S. citizenship recently. After the oath ceremony I became a 100% US citizen with all rights and privileges. Applied for a US passport immediately. With my new status, the only thing I cannot become in the US is the President, since I was not born in the country. Every other opportunity, including becoming a Senator or State Governor, is at my finger tip. It is up to me to utilize the boundless and invaluable possibilities of being an American citizen to achieve my own version of the American Dream. Very grateful for the great honor, after 5 years as a Green Card (GC) holder. These past 5 years with GC have been the most careful in my entire life. No mistakes, or you find yourself back in the ''shithole'' Naija.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Update: Nigerian Man Becomes An American Citizen - Photo & Application History by mekuslogan: 4:06pm On Jul 27, 2018
Stages - approximately one year

1. Application - fill form N400 and pay $720 filing fee

2. Appear for biometrics - to enable FBI conduct background check

3. Appear for interview - Swear to tell nothing but the truth, take English (oral and written) test, take U.S. history/government/geography test, and answer questions from your background check

You must obtain a minimum of 60% in the U.S. history/government/geography test. I scored 100%

4. If successful, take the oath - to become a U.S. citizen and receive your citizenship certificate

5 If you have kids living with you in the US, they also automatically become citizens on that day

6. Apply for U.S. passport soon after; cost is $145

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update: Nigerian Man Becomes An American Citizen - Photo & Application History by mekuslogan: 4:08pm On Jul 27, 2018
That U.S. Kpali that takes me to very many countries in the world w/out a visa is the ebe ano cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update: Nigerian Man Becomes An American Citizen - Photo & Application History by NigeriaIsDoomed: 4:08pm On Jul 27, 2018
mekuslogan:
Stages

1. Application - fill form and pay $720 filling fee
2. Appear for biometrics to enable FBI conduct background check
3. Appear for interview - Swear to tell nothing but the truth, take English (oral and written) test, take U.S. history test, and answer questions from your background check
4. If successful, take the oath to become an American
Bro thank God you escaped hell on earth. Congrats!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update: Nigerian Man Becomes An American Citizen - Photo & Application History by ipobarethieves: 4:09pm On Jul 27, 2018
undecided we don hear u/see ur form.Many don obtained their GC without making noise online. May u not blame ur village pipu sha

6 Likes

Re: Update: Nigerian Man Becomes An American Citizen - Photo & Application History by mekuslogan: 4:12pm On Jul 27, 2018
ipobarethieves:
undecided we don hear u/see ur form.Many don obtained their GC without making noise online. May u not blame ur village pipu sha

This is not GC. This is citizenship. DUH!!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update: Nigerian Man Becomes An American Citizen - Photo & Application History by mekuslogan: 4:15pm On Jul 27, 2018
ipobarethieves:

Hateful Ngb-ati man. Wetin dey vex you now?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update: Nigerian Man Becomes An American Citizen - Photo & Application History by Bethel4Life(f): 4:16pm On Jul 27, 2018
ipobarethieves:
sir seeing that as our president,, the news come pain u like this,,wat will we lesser yoruba Muslim one shit hole (sorry Nigeria) fellowers do?? Its painfully o

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update: Nigerian Man Becomes An American Citizen - Photo & Application History by Bethel4Life(f): 4:21pm On Jul 27, 2018
mekuslogan:

Hateful Ngb-ati man
hey shut da fucck up there...... Never ever in ur life insult our able president of yoruba Muslim supporters for one Shiit hole nation...... ...

Be guarded

1 Like

Re: Update: Nigerian Man Becomes An American Citizen - Photo & Application History by ebujany(m): 4:23pm On Jul 27, 2018
Congrats man, are you Igbo?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update: Nigerian Man Becomes An American Citizen - Photo & Application History by mekuslogan: 4:24pm On Jul 27, 2018
ebujany:
Congrats man, are you Igbo?

10000%% cheesy grin grin

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update: Nigerian Man Becomes An American Citizen - Photo & Application History by ipobarethieves: 4:29pm On Jul 27, 2018
Bethel4Life:
sir seeing that as our president,, the news come pain u like this,,wat will we lesser yoruba Muslim one shit hole (sorry Nigeria) fellowers do?? Its painfully o
sad
Bethel4Life:
the earlier peep like u reason well, the better.There are thing u dnt even tell ur family talk less of posting it on the net.Show me/point out where I hate the Op? A young man obtained one of the Europe visa.Enter plane, even b4 plane comot from MMIA, the young man was busy posting this and dat on FB but unfortunately, he neva enta the country. If u knw u knw

3 Likes

Re: Update: Nigerian Man Becomes An American Citizen - Photo & Application History by ebujany(m): 4:32pm On Jul 27, 2018
mekuslogan:

10000%% cheesy grin grin

Good...never forget were you come from, never forget your root. You are one of the lucky few to escape this hell hole called Nigeria. I wish am in your shoes bro...represent Igbo nation well, aha GI efuna

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update: Nigerian Man Becomes An American Citizen - Photo & Application History by ipobarethieves: 4:33pm On Jul 27, 2018
sad cool cool embarassed lipsrsealed sad grin sad sad
mekuslogan:

undecided
mekuslogan:

kpele Mr ipob.Why u nor show us the name on the pali? Nah only u dem go first give citizenship.? Ndo

5 Likes

Re: Update: Nigerian Man Becomes An American Citizen - Photo & Application History by mekuslogan: 4:36pm On Jul 27, 2018
ipobarethieves:
sad cool cool embarassed lipsrsealed sad grin sad sad undecidedkpele Mr ipob.Why u nor show us the name on the pali? Nah only u dem go first give citizenship.? Ndo

Why should I show you? So you try to do juju for me? grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Update: Nigerian Man Becomes An American Citizen - Photo & Application History by mekuslogan: 4:37pm On Jul 27, 2018
ebujany:

Good...never forget were you come from, never forget your root. You are one of the lucky few to escape this hell hole called Nigeria. I wish am in your shoes bro...represent Igbo nation well, aha GI efuna

Thank you! May God grant each and everyone of us, Igbos and Igbo well wishers in Nigeria, all their heart's desires.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update: Nigerian Man Becomes An American Citizen - Photo & Application History by mekuslogan: 4:38pm On Jul 27, 2018
[s]
ipobarethieves:
sadthe earlier peep like u reason well, the better.There are thing u dnt even tell ur family talk less of posting it on the net.Show me/point out where I hate the Op? A young man obtained one of the Europe visa.Enter plane, even b4 plane comot from MMIA, the young man was busy posting this and dat on FB but unfortunately, he neva enta the country. If u knw u knw
[/s]

The OP is not an illegal immigrant like 99% of your brothers

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Update: Nigerian Man Becomes An American Citizen - Photo & Application History by FarahAideed: 4:40pm On Jul 27, 2018
Congrats but make sure you also drop all the useless characteristics inherent in most Nigerians that made Nigeria a shithole in the first place
Re: Update: Nigerian Man Becomes An American Citizen - Photo & Application History by ipobarethieves: 4:40pm On Jul 27, 2018
mekuslogan:

grin
mekuslogan:

see ur life.The earlier u reason well, the beta.I really pity u.I guess u are still in ur late 20s.Think young man, think.There's Sumthin u dnt post online.

3 Likes

Re: Update: Nigerian Man Becomes An American Citizen - Photo & Application History by gidgiddy: 4:41pm On Jul 27, 2018
mekuslogan:
Glad to PERMANENTLY escape all the shenanigans in Nigeria.

Taking my oath of U.S. citizenship soon. After the oath ceremony, the only thing I cannot become in the US is the President, since I was not born in the country. Every other opportunity, including becoming a Senator or State Governor, is at my finger tip. It is up to me to utilize the boundless and invaluable possibilities of being an American citizen. Very grateful for the great honor, after 5 years as a Green Card (GC) holder. These past 5 years with GC have been the most careful in my entire life. No mistakes, or you find yourself back in the ''shithole'' Naija.

I will feel the same way the day my people become independent and I obtain my Biafran passport

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update: Nigerian Man Becomes An American Citizen - Photo & Application History by mekuslogan: 4:43pm On Jul 27, 2018
FarahAideed:
Congrats but make sure you also drop all the useless characteristics inherent in most Nigerians that made Nigeria a shithole in the first place

I am not most Nigerians, okay

I have not contributed 0.00000000000% in making Nigeria a shithole.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update: Nigerian Man Becomes An American Citizen - Photo & Application History by mekuslogan: 4:43pm On Jul 27, 2018
gidgiddy:

I will feel the same way the day my people become independent and I obtain my Biafran passport

Biafra will get there some day. Self determination is a right of every human being

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update: Nigerian Man Becomes An American Citizen - Photo & Application History by mekuslogan: 4:44pm On Jul 27, 2018
ipobarethieves:
grin see ur life.The earlier u reason well, the beta.I really pity u.I guess u are still in ur late 20s.Think young man, think.There's Sumthin u dnt post online.

I need you to get the hell out of my face, NOW!! If I was a fellow Ngb-ati, you would not be this loathe.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update: Nigerian Man Becomes An American Citizen - Photo & Application History by harbibi: 4:44pm On Jul 27, 2018
Congratulations.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update: Nigerian Man Becomes An American Citizen - Photo & Application History by ipobarethieves: 4:46pm On Jul 27, 2018
smiley grin sad grin
mekuslogan:
[s][/s]

grin
mekuslogan:
[s][/s]

ofcus, check Indonesia, india, tokyo, US, Uk, etc, ur felliw jhudas brethren are developing their prison.If nah lie, go tru 2day front page post, one osu was em doing what they like best.Nuff banter with u

3 Likes

Re: Update: Nigerian Man Becomes An American Citizen - Photo & Application History by mekuslogan: 4:48pm On Jul 27, 2018
[s]
ipobarethieves:
smiley grin sad grin ;Dofcus, check Indonesia, india, tokyo, US, Uk, etc, ur felliw jhudas brethren are developing their prison.If nah lie, go tru 2day front page post, one osu was em doing what they like best.Nuff banter with u
[/s]

Yeah!! I knew you were bitter about my success. Na only God go dey punish you everyday for me cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Update: Nigerian Man Becomes An American Citizen - Photo & Application History by mekuslogan: 5:04pm On Jul 27, 2018
NigeriaIsDoomed:
Bro thank God you escaped hell on earth. Congrats!

Thanks! Set your mind to something and work towards it. 99% of the time you achieve set targets

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update: Nigerian Man Becomes An American Citizen - Photo & Application History by TimFisher2: 5:41pm On Jul 27, 2018
God bless you my brother for leaving this shithole country!
By God's willing i will be joining you next year!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update: Nigerian Man Becomes An American Citizen - Photo & Application History by Ikenna0b: 6:43pm On Jul 27, 2018
I logged in just to tell you congratulations.

Congrats from escaping that hellhole. Welcome to the land of the free my brother. Trust that you'll love it. Idk what part of USA you're in but if you're around Igbos, join Igbo clubs. They'll help you adjust to the land.

Welcome again. You did my nigga. You escaped that shithole.

5 Likes

Re: Update: Nigerian Man Becomes An American Citizen - Photo & Application History by ashjay001(m): 6:52pm On Jul 27, 2018
mekuslogan:

Na "ngba-ti"!

U just exchanged 1 shithole for d next! Their sars sef, pass our own. Sha no become statistics n no disgrace us!
Re: Update: Nigerian Man Becomes An American Citizen - Photo & Application History by mekuslogan: 6:59pm On Jul 27, 2018
ashjay001:

Na "ngba-ti"!

U just exchanged 1 shithole for d next! Their sars sef, pass our own. Sha no become statistics n no disgrace us!

You don't think you are talking to a novice, do you?

1 Like

Re: Update: Nigerian Man Becomes An American Citizen - Photo & Application History by GreatOlu1: 7:00pm On Jul 27, 2018
mekuslogan:
Stages - approximately one year

1. Application - fill form and pay $720 filing fee

2. Appear for biometrics - to enable FBI conduct background check

3. Appear for interview - Swear to tell nothing but the truth, take English (oral and written) test, take U.S. history/government/geography test, and answer questions from your background check

You must obtain a minimum of 60% in the English and U.S. history/government/geography test. I scored 100%

4. If successful, take the oath - to become a U.S. citizen and receive your citizenship certificate

5 If you have kids living with you in the US, they also automatically become citizens on that day

6. Apply for U.S. passport soon after
Congrats man

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Apc Drops Support For Tinubu’s Candidates In Nass Leadership Contest / Dss Agent Have Hijacked Nairaland. / Mother Remains Unconscious As Deborah Samuel’s Corpse Arrives Niger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.