Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Bbc, Cnn, Cgtn, Dwtv, Fox Etc. Why Africa Should Have A Dedicated News Channel. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Bbc, Cnn, Cgtn, Dwtv, Fox Etc. Why Africa Should Have A Dedicated News Channel. (300 Views)

South Africa Should Be Permanently Expelled From BRICS / Obama Has No African Blood & Why Africa Can't Get It Right. / Donald Trump Blasts CNN On Twitter, CNN Replies With An Epic Clapback (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bbc, Cnn, Cgtn, Dwtv, Fox Etc. Why Africa Should Have A Dedicated News Channel. by IBBG(m): 1:14pm On Jul 28, 2018
I've watched BBC, CNN, CGTN, DWTV, FOX News, but one thing i noticed is that whenever they are trying to cover or report Africa to the world, they usually do it from their own perspective, and not the African perspective. No matter how these foreign media houses try to report Africa they can not really capture the indegenous African perspective which in most cases are at variance with their perspective. Or it seems Africa is still underrating the power of the media in the 21st century as no media houses in the world can report Africa better than African themselves.
BBC reports their news from the British and European prespective, CNN and FOX from the American perspective, CGTN from the Chinese and Asian prespective and DWTV from the German and European perspective. What is Africa really doing. Unfortunately Nigeria that is the giant of Africa in terms of population size with so much potential, that is suppose to promote the frontier of Africanism from the African perspective is struggling and gasping for breath, riddled with endless cycle of bad leadership, is still crawling on it knees trying to survive, with an outdated NTA. How i wish Channels TV has the support and cloud of NTA. Southafrica with its level of appreciable infrastructural development that is suppose to step in and play the big brother role in Africa considering Nigeria has failed is more hell bent on zenophobia against other African countries especially against Nigerians and exploitation. I'm even more dissapointed with Southafrica for not really championing the African perspective with its relative level of advancement. They seem to only be interested in only themselves and with the aid of foreign powers (China) to exploit Africa trade wise. The Morrocans and Egyptians see themselves more as Arabs than Africans.
It is unfortunate that Africa will always lag behind and be used to wipe the floor by other continents of the world. It is so disheartening being an African right now, and I pray Africa wakes up one day,
Nigeria especially. Africa is struggling because Nigeria has not gotten it right. An advanced Nigeria will translate into Africa being a power house, because whether we admit it or not, Nigeria is the engine room of Africa. Nigeria has the deepest root of Africanism than any other African country and has the potential to move Africa forward. You can't discuss Africa without mentioning Nigeria. And whether we admit it or not, other African countries still look up to Nigeria inspite of our internal problems and challenges. The foreign powers know this. Nigeria is Africa and Africa is Nigeria. How i wish our political leaders will wake up and live up to expectations and harness our potential as the power house of Africa.
Re: Bbc, Cnn, Cgtn, Dwtv, Fox Etc. Why Africa Should Have A Dedicated News Channel. by Oluwasaeon(m): 1:30pm On Jul 28, 2018
Lol. Of all tinz wey dey trouble dis continent, you think say na channel dem go dey think of ?
Re: Bbc, Cnn, Cgtn, Dwtv, Fox Etc. Why Africa Should Have A Dedicated News Channel. by IBBG(m): 1:40pm On Jul 28, 2018
Oluwasaeon:
Lol. Of all tinz wey dey trouble dis continent, you think say na channel dem go dey think of ?
Never underestimate the power of the media at the same time. The media can reach places that you can only dream of reaching in your wildest imagination. The media is very powerful in shaping the consciousness of people. lets always look at the big picture for once in Africa. Having control over our media gives us the power to influence and tell the African narrative and promote the African heritage in the continent, thereby porjecting the pride of Africa to the rest of the world.
Re: Bbc, Cnn, Cgtn, Dwtv, Fox Etc. Why Africa Should Have A Dedicated News Channel. by TMKsouth: 12:05pm On Dec 13, 2018
IBBG:
I've watched BBC, CNN, CGTN, DWTV, FOX News, but one thing i noticed is that whenever they are trying to cover or report Africa to the world, they usually do it from their own perspective, and not the African perspective. No matter how these foreign media houses try to report Africa they can not really capture the indegenous African perspective which in most cases are at variance with their perspective. Or it seems Africa is still underrating the power of the media in the 21st century as no media houses in the world can report Africa better than African themselves.
BBC reports their news from the British and European prespective, CNN and FOX from the American perspective, CGTN from the Chinese and Asian prespective and DWTV from the German and European perspective. What is Africa really doing. Unfortunately Nigeria that is the giant of Africa in terms of population size with so much potential, that is suppose to promote the frontier of Africanism from the African perspective is struggling and gasping for breath, riddled with endless cycle of bad leadership, is still crawling on it knees trying to survive, with an outdated NTA. How i wish Channels TV has the support and cloud of NTA. Southafrica with its level of appreciable infrastructural development that is suppose to step in and play the big brother role in Africa considering Nigeria has failed is more hell bent on zenophobia against other African countries especially against Nigerians and exploitation. I'm even more dissapointed with Southafrica for not really championing the African perspective with its relative level of advancement. They seem to only be interested in only themselves and with the aid of foreign powers (China) to exploit Africa trade wise. The Morrocans and Egyptians see themselves more as Arabs than Africans.
It is unfortunate that Africa will always lag behind and be used to wipe the floor by other continents of the world. It is so disheartening being an African right now, and I pray Africa wakes up one day,
Nigeria especially. Africa is struggling because Nigeria has not gotten it right. An advanced Nigeria will translate into Africa being a power house, because whether we admit it or not, Nigeria is the engine room of Africa. Nigeria has the deepest root of Africanism than any other African country and has the potential to move Africa forward. You can't discuss Africa without mentioning Nigeria. And whether we admit it or not, other African countries still look up to Nigeria inspite of our internal problems and challenges. The foreign powers know this. Nigeria is Africa and Africa is Nigeria. How i wish our political leaders will wake up and live up to expectations and harness our potential as the power house of Africa.

Catch SABC NEWS (DSTV, CHANNEL 404 throughout the continent). They have drastically increased African content. And they are "Independent, Impartial".

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Facebook Is Down. / 9-year-old Boy Commits Suicide After Coming Out As Gay To His Classmates / Concert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.