Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

HELP!!! Infiniti FX35 Charging System Issues!! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / HELP!!! Infiniti FX35 Charging System Issues!! (2194 Views)

Tips On Dealing With Your Cars' Air Conditioning (AC System) Issues. / Hyundai Launches Car With A Roof-based Solar Charging System / Serious Talk About Infiniti Fx35 And 45 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP!!! Infiniti FX35 Charging System Issues!! by efe35L: 9:42am On Jul 29, 2018
Good day Nairalanders,

I have had an issue with my charging system before it worsened to a bad extent which i had no choice but to replace my alternator just after I changed my compressor and condenser. I have changed 3 alternators but the same issue persists. I placed the highest alternator amp which is 150V but still the same thing. The car charges fine when in motion but stops charging the battery when its idle. It starts draining the battery fast. Pls advice. Is it a bad wiring or the alternator is defective? HELP!!!!

cc: chukel, costee, pipedreams, gazzuzz, nissparts
Re: HELP!!! Infiniti FX35 Charging System Issues!! by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:52am On Jul 29, 2018
efe35L:
Good day Nairalanders,

I have had an issue with my charging system before it worsened to a bad extent which i had no choice but to replace my alternator just after I changed my compressor and condenser. I have changed 3 alternators but the same issue persists. I placed the highest alternator amp which is 150V but still the same thing. The car charges fine when in motion but stops charging the battery when its idle. It starts draining the battery fast. Pls advice. Is it a bad wiring or the alternator is defective? HELP!!!!

replace harmonic balancer. Aka crankshaft pulley.
Re: HELP!!! Infiniti FX35 Charging System Issues!! by Dottore: 9:52am On Jul 29, 2018
Alternator may not be the problem. This is probably another case of wrong diagnosis. In my humble opinion I'd suggest that you try and use a different battery for 3 days and see if the problem is solved. Some batteries may develop fault without you being aware irrespective of the fact that they still look new.

If the problem continues then have a good electrician inspect the car electrical wiring and electronics gadgets carefully to see if there's any gadget that is not turned off when the car ignition is off.

One or more of the Relays/modules that control the supply of electrical power to the electronics may have developed fault:
The car stereo, windshield wipers, headlamps, traffic actors, inner light, break lights, etc.

The crankshaft belt roller might need to be checked or replaced

If the problem persists then their could be a logic problem from the brain box. Have them test another brain box on the car.
Good luck.
Re: HELP!!! Infiniti FX35 Charging System Issues!! by mayor2013: 9:55am On Jul 29, 2018
efe35L:
Good day Nairalanders,

150amps rather. You need to work with values here

1) battery voltage at rest
2) output voltage while car is ilding and all loads such as full lights, radio, hvac and others put on
3) out put voltage with no loads on

N.b: a voltage drop test should also be carried out
Re: HELP!!! Infiniti FX35 Charging System Issues!! by efe35L: 10:00am On Jul 29, 2018
Dottore:
Try and use a different battery for 3 days and see if the problem persists

It has killed over 5 batteries. im frustrated
Re: HELP!!! Infiniti FX35 Charging System Issues!! by efe35L: 10:01am On Jul 29, 2018
mayor2013:

150amps rather. You need to work with values here

1) battery voltage at rest
2) output voltage while car is ilding and all loads such as full lights, radio, hvac and others put on
3) out put voltage with no loads on

N.b: a voltage drop test should also be carried out

If i disconnect negative at idle. The car goes off even if i rev it. The worst is if i put on the ac. It starts killing the battery and within 1 minute the car would stall
Re: HELP!!! Infiniti FX35 Charging System Issues!! by efe35L: 10:02am On Jul 29, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

where is it located bro. can u post a pic. my mech said he would replace one of rollers that its making small noise. Can this cause the alternator not charge?
Re: HELP!!! Infiniti FX35 Charging System Issues!! by efe35L: 10:04am On Jul 29, 2018
mayor2013 help! Can u help me diagnose this car
Re: HELP!!! Infiniti FX35 Charging System Issues!! by mayor2013: 10:11am On Jul 29, 2018
efe35L:
mayor2013 help! Can u help me diagnose this car

Accepted. Bring it in with all Generators changed
Re: HELP!!! Infiniti FX35 Charging System Issues!! by efe35L: 10:16am On Jul 29, 2018
mayor2013:

Accepted. Bring it in with all Generators changed

what generators
Re: HELP!!! Infiniti FX35 Charging System Issues!! by efe35L: 10:24am On Jul 29, 2018
Dottore:
Alternator may not be the problem. This is probably another case of wrong diagnosis. In my humble opinion I'd suggest that you try and use a different battery for 3 days and see if the problem is solved. Some batteries may develop fault without you being aware irrespective of the fact that they still look new.

If the problem continues then have a good electrician inspect the car electrical wiring and electronics gadgets carefully to see if there's any gadget that is not turned off when the car ignition is off.

One or more of the Relays/modules that control the supply of electrical power to the electronics may have developed fault:
The car stereo, windshield wipers, headlamps, traffic actors, inner light, break lights, etc.

The crankshaft belt roller might need to be checked or replaced

If the problem persists then their could be a logic problem from the brain box. Have them test another brain box on the car.
Good luck.

Where is the roller located cos i have noticed that my belts have started squeeling. Even after putting two belts. He said he wants to replace one of the rollers
Re: HELP!!! Infiniti FX35 Charging System Issues!! by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:37am On Jul 29, 2018
efe35L:

where is it located bro. can u post a pic. my mech said he would replace one of rollers that its making small noise. Can this cause the alternator not charge?

stiff rollers could cause a slipping belt on idle.

have them checked too.

Re: HELP!!! Infiniti FX35 Charging System Issues!! by sultaan(m): 2:05pm On Jul 29, 2018
efe35L:

If i disconnect negative at idle. The car goes off even if i rev it. The worst is if i put on the ac. It starts killing the battery and within 1 minute the car would stall

The first alternator might still be good you have to look over the work done by the guy that did the AC compressor he was the beginning of this problem.

If your car will not run with battery disconnected it usually means your alternator is not working, but since it happened after AC job check on the belt routing to kae sure alternator is turning then check voltage at battery terminal with engine running it should be 14 volts the wiring should be intact too, but the easiest way is to find another functional FX and compare alternator wiring connections to the one in your car you will see where they messed it up. Nothing is random, someone messed up

2 Likes

Re: HELP!!! Infiniti FX35 Charging System Issues!! by DukeNija(m): 5:01pm On Jul 29, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Gazzuzz my brothers Toyota Camry 06 V4, consumes fuel excessively. He spends about 5k daily and I’m not exaggerating. The check engine light is on, and it drives sluggishly and jerks. He changed the spark plugs and air filter, serviced the car including injector still no improvement.
Re: HELP!!! Infiniti FX35 Charging System Issues!! by mayor2013: 5:26pm On Jul 29, 2018
DukeNija:

Gazzuzz my brothers Toyota Camry 06 V4, consumes fuel excessively. He spends about 5k daily and I’m not exaggerating. The check engine light is on, and it drives sluggishly and jerks. He changed the spark plugs and air filter, serviced the car including injector still no improvement.

Run a scan on the car and post code(s) here
Re: HELP!!! Infiniti FX35 Charging System Issues!! by DukeNija(m): 5:32pm On Jul 29, 2018
mayor2013:

Run a scan on the car and post code(s) here

Thanks. Will do that tomorrow
Re: HELP!!! Infiniti FX35 Charging System Issues!! by Kashif(m): 9:57pm On Jul 29, 2018
efe35L:
Good day Nairalanders,

Alternator is not the problem (alternator = generator btw).

Change your electrician before he frustrates you. Find a competent tech who knows voltage reading very well.

1 Like

Re: HELP!!! Infiniti FX35 Charging System Issues!! by efe35L: 10:20pm On Jul 29, 2018
Kashif:

Alternator is not the problem (alternator = generator btw).

Change your electrician before he frustrates you. Find a competent tech who knows voltage reading very well.

Thanks bro. Can u suggest a reliable one in lagos?
Re: HELP!!! Infiniti FX35 Charging System Issues!! by radautoworks: 3:33am On Jul 30, 2018
efe35L:
Good day Nairalanders,

Bring it in for a free diagnosis with repair. No one can diagnose sight unseen with 100% accuracy. We are at second toll gate.
Re: HELP!!! Infiniti FX35 Charging System Issues!! by Kashif(m): 8:26am On Jul 30, 2018
efe35L:

Thanks bro. Can u suggest a reliable one in lagos?

Take the offer above or alternatively, look for autologic on here.
Re: HELP!!! Infiniti FX35 Charging System Issues!! by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 30, 2018
Kashif:

Take the offer above or alternatively, look for autologic on here.

Yes autologic is good.
Re: HELP!!! Infiniti FX35 Charging System Issues!! by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 30, 2018
I believe it's a wiring issue
Re: HELP!!! Infiniti FX35 Charging System Issues!! by EngRichie: 6:04pm On Jul 30, 2018
Apart from the battery cable (big cable) connected to your alternator, there is/are other small wire(s) connected to it. Is it 1, 2 or 3 in number?

At idle, test the output voltage of the alternator whether there is no voltage at all or there is low voltage.

If you can provide those two answers, I will know if it is a mechanical or an electrical problem.

EngRichie
Automobile Help Desk
Re: HELP!!! Infiniti FX35 Charging System Issues!! by Nobody: 10:40am On Aug 10, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

oga me sir. Abeg lik how much would condenser and compressor cost for 06 big daddy
Re: HELP!!! Infiniti FX35 Charging System Issues!! by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:58am On Aug 10, 2018
yeyerolling:
oga me sir. Abeg lik how much would condenser and compressor cost for 06 big daddy

Depends. Call in for more info. My numbe is in my signature.

(1) (Reply)

Car Vibrates After Engine Wash / BMW Redesigns Its Iconic Logo, Check It Out (photos) / NEED HELP: Getting A Sweet Fuel Efficient Car. Any Suggestion On The Best?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.