Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,126 members, 7,829,009 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

President Buhari And Continuity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari And Continuity (255 Views)

Ambode’s Epe Division Monarchs Endorse Sanwo-olu, Advocate Continuity / Lagos APC Primaries: Support Akinwunmi Ambode For Stability And Continuity / President Buhari And His Family Celebrate Eidmubarak (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari And Continuity by abc115: 10:21am On Jul 29, 2018
*LIFTED FROM THE WALL OF PROFESSOR NASIRU MUSA YAWURI..*

In the first 10 years of my teaching career, I -taught undergraduate students “Nigerian Economy”. My research interest in that area has continued till date, leading me to specialize in “economic management”.

In all the years I have spent teaching Nigerian economy and doing research in related areas, I have found that the failure of development efforts in Nigeria is partly attributed to the lack of continuity in government policies. Many beautiful plans and projects were abandoned by successive governments because they didn’t start them.

I am in deep shock to find “educated” people attacking Muhammadu Buhari for completing projects started and abandoned by previous governments. As an expert, I would say that Muhammad Buhari’s effort to complete abandoned projects is a sign of good and purposive leadership. This is one thing we have always prayed will happen so that Nigeria can make progress. Just yesterday, this government launched an abandoned rail project it completed (that project has been abandoned since 1987). The Ajaokuta Project is finally coming to life; so are many other abandoned projects that gulped hundreds of billions of taxpayers’ money.

So, these people making the noise that Muhammadu Buhari is completing abandoned/uncompleted projects, do they expect us to go back to the classrooms to tell students that it is a crime to finish projects that were abandoned by previous governments after gulping our national resources? What exactly is the point they are trying to make?

COPIED
Re: President Buhari And Continuity by Sprumbabafather: 10:22am On Jul 29, 2018
Prof, what will you teach your students about a president that plunged the country into recession twice in his two tenures?

Teach about the evils of inflation, your buharri has raises fuel prices and planning to incrwase it too.

Also teach your students the need for proper selection of a country economic team, not employing ministers without NYSC certidicates. grin

Professor, how can you fail to remember that your own lovely president has no WASC result and is leading you, a prof? Is that the best for economic management?
Re: President Buhari And Continuity by iskuburi407: 10:22am On Jul 29, 2018
Continuity
Tested and trusted
2019 sai Baba/Osibanjo
Re: President Buhari And Continuity by madridguy(m): 10:27am On Jul 29, 2018
Only the members and followers of the umbrella party will say otherwise.

Continuity is the way.

God Bless You Sai Baba

(1) (Reply)

Edo, NYSC Strengthen Ties On Education, Health Care Delivery In Rural Areas / Court Stops Swearing-in Of New Imo Deputy Governor / Saraki Buhari And Co. Do Not Call The Name Of Religion And Democracy In Vain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.