Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,204 members, 7,829,309 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Mark Zuckerberg Loses $16.8billion In 2hrs, More Than Aliko Dangote - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Mark Zuckerberg Loses $16.8billion In 2hrs, More Than Aliko Dangote (31745 Views)

Zuckerberg Loses N2tn In 5 Hours After Facebook's Temporary Crash / Report: Domiciliary Account Balances In Nigeria Estimated At $16 Billion / Mark Zuckerberg Loses 17. 6bn Plunge To World's Sixth Richest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Loses $16.8billion In 2hrs, More Than Aliko Dangote by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 30, 2018
Assassin101:
which also means that Dangote can go from being one of the wealthiest men to becoming a poor man that Abacha's son insinuated he was years back.

Morale: stay humble, there's nothing to life worth dying for, cos no matter how it goes, you'll never make it outta here alive
dangote cant fall. he has real assets and tangible production. not a website called facebook that produces nothing.

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Loses $16.8billion In 2hrs, More Than Aliko Dangote by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:57am On Jul 30, 2018
dominique:
Facebook's fortunes is dipping at an alarming rate, what could be the cause?
wink Instagram
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Loses $16.8billion In 2hrs, More Than Aliko Dangote by Adecodedstar(m): 11:58am On Jul 30, 2018
Right now, Facebook is investing on some structural changes in order to adapt to emerging issues and complaints arising from its users. It has a promising future (as a result of it's numerous revenue streams which we don't completely know about) and its surely going to bounce back and recover all its loses.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Loses $16.8billion In 2hrs, More Than Aliko Dangote by Nobody: 11:58am On Jul 30, 2018
AllHailBiafra:
cheesy grin Chukwu Okike Abiama is dealing with him just as I promised him on Facebook for all his conspiracies with the zoo government against IPOB and Biafra quest and for frustrating the Facebook accounts of many IPOB members including mine. This is where he's still in Genesis meaning it haven't started, let him wait till he gets to Malachi, then he would understand that no one who works against Biafra either directly, indirectly or verbally will go unpunished, it's just a matter of time.
AllHailBiafra!!!
Get sense boy. Mark don escape poverty. He's a lucky guy for life. His type of business is meant to rise or fall, no big deal. Then don't think everything in the whole universe revolves around Biafra, stop linking two unrelated things. While you shout and fight for Biafra, better fight more for your family and your life. Is it not this same people living in Nigeria that would make up the Biafra? Same selfish, arrogant, self-centered, greedy, criminal-minded people. Blacks are bad, Africa is worse but this side of west Africa called Niger-area is worst. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Loses $16.8billion In 2hrs, More Than Aliko Dangote by Jethrolite(m): 12:07pm On Jul 30, 2018
EponOjuku:

That's 360Billion Naira.
Even village people can't affect that money.
Lol, I de tell you. N200bn in fixed deposit @ 12%, N100bn in real estate. N60bn for enjoyment. Village people go hear am.

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Loses $16.8billion In 2hrs, More Than Aliko Dangote by Jethrolite(m): 12:08pm On Jul 30, 2018
anuanu:
i want to melt sef
Go hustle, the fastest way to make this money is online.

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Loses $16.8billion In 2hrs, More Than Aliko Dangote by Gamesmart: 12:10pm On Jul 30, 2018
rozayx5:
That moment dangote is your boy

Like dele is to davido

grin grin grin grin

And the moment you are Dangote's slippers?
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Loses $16.8billion In 2hrs, More Than Aliko Dangote by Trybes(m): 12:12pm On Jul 30, 2018
afroniger:
Na wah for that kind of 'wealth' that can disappear in the twinkling of an eye. Meaning the guy can even go broke overnight by losing his entire networth the same way sef. That ain't real wealth to me jorr. It is only 'on paper' type of wealth.
You are talking about having stagnant wealth. On the contrary this is dynamic wealth which can increase or decrease but most times always on the increase.

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Loses $16.8billion In 2hrs, More Than Aliko Dangote by grandstar(m): 12:31pm On Jul 30, 2018
LesbianBoy:
Hushpuppi is RICHER than both of them jare! angry

Hushpuppi does not have up to 0.01% of Zuckerbergs wealth!

Hushpuppi ko, VeryLoudKitten ni

4 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Loses $16.8billion In 2hrs, More Than Aliko Dangote by Ugosample(m): 12:36pm On Jul 30, 2018
afroniger:
Na wah for that kind of 'wealth' that can disappear in the twinkling of an eye. Meaning the guy can even go broke overnight by losing his entire networth the same way sef. That ain't real wealth to me jorr. It is only 'on paper' type of wealth.

what he lost was a part of the premium on the share a he owns in Facebook

But it's not possible to lose ALL the wealth just like that tho, except he goes accumulating more debt than the value of the Facebook Inc.

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Loses $16.8billion In 2hrs, More Than Aliko Dangote by Ugosample(m): 12:37pm On Jul 30, 2018
Lordofthewest:
Side effects of investing in technology anything could go wrong at any time..Dangote on the other hand makes his money from cement and household cooking items

You got that right

That's why I prefer buying his stock
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Loses $16.8billion In 2hrs, More Than Aliko Dangote by Ugosample(m): 12:42pm On Jul 30, 2018
ADEMOLA144:
It wasnt a fortune to begin with. they produce nothing. all they have is a website that connects the world. all these peoples fortunes are imagined and not real. its based on speculative net worth based on stock value. meaning you can be a billionaire today and broke tomorrow if your stocks tank. so its imagined money not real money

who tokd you Facebook Inc produces nothing?

They offer services that the wirjs sorely needs, and the cash reserves on their balance sheet alone will put the external reserves of many countries to shame

That cash reserves form a part of the net worth too

A good knowledge of accounting will help us here

3 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Loses $16.8billion In 2hrs, More Than Aliko Dangote by jibs4lv(m): 12:51pm On Jul 30, 2018
medexico:
You for don gimme 1billion dollars, your money for no disappear.
I pray you won't run mad by God's grace grin cheesy
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Loses $16.8billion In 2hrs, More Than Aliko Dangote by jibs4lv(m): 12:57pm On Jul 30, 2018
AllHailBiafra:
cheesy grin Chukwu Okike Abiama is dealing with him just as I promised him on Facebook for all his conspiracies with the zoo government against IPOB and Biafra quest and for frustrating the Facebook accounts of many IPOB members including mine. This is where he's still in Genesis meaning it haven't started, let him wait till he gets to Malachi, then he would understand that no one who works against Biafra either directly, indirectly or verbally will go unpunished, it's just a matter of time.
AllHailBiafra!!!
Haba oka grin , must you people beat chest on everything? Thank God it's not about Buhari now grin but wait o shocked na only you dey pull dat big rock , where is chuckudi , ezenwa and friends grin cheesy
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Loses $16.8billion In 2hrs, More Than Aliko Dangote by Adecodedstar(m): 12:58pm On Jul 30, 2018
Adecodedstar:
Right now, Facebook is investing on some structural changes in order to adapt to emerging issues and complaints arising from its users. It has a promising future (as a result of it's numerous revenue streams which we don't completely know about) and its surely going to bounce back and recover all its loses.

If you do a thorough research on Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, YouTube and the likes, you would ask a very intelligent question which is "how do they make money". You answer will just be they make money simply from Ads which is wrong. They are all into shared economy businesses. They are just online platform that act as brokers between seekers and owners. Consumer minded individuals see social media as just for fun.

A secret I want you all to know today is that " We are the products they are selling not the consumers". All your personal information that you updated on Facebook are sold to different organizations who need them for research works such as educational, political, economic and social research e.g. the recent Cambridge analytical scandal. They also sell your preferences (e.g. your interest in politics or a product as shown in your profile) to companies or politicians who need them in order to target you with ads that will influence you and make you have interest in their products in the market.
Facebook charges a service fee from all service providers because Facebook helps them to make you purchase more data thereby increasing their revenue also.

These and many more are the ways Facebook and the likes generate revenue. This is a virtual business that promises high returns. Sometimes it may flunctuate but its always on the increase.
Businesses (Online) like this are going to take over the world soon because they are destructive innovations that are displacing traditional methods (i.e. physical buying and selling)of doing business.

You can also study more about how Facebook generates revenue because there are numerous ways.

Let's all open our eyes and do our research well on SHARED ECONOMY BUSINESS MODELS.

Stop criticizing and turns problems around you into business opportunities.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Loses $16.8billion In 2hrs, More Than Aliko Dangote by Akabuking: 12:59pm On Jul 30, 2018
afroniger:
Na wah for that kind of stupendous 'wealth' that can disappear in the twinkling of an eye. Meaning the guy can even go broke overnight by losing his entire networth the same way sef. That ain't real wealth to me jorr. It is only 'on paper' type of wealth.
calm down, his networth is tied to stock market.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Loses $16.8billion In 2hrs, More Than Aliko Dangote by Cruisenaani(m): 12:59pm On Jul 30, 2018
Indeed, "all is vanity". God, please have your way!
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Loses $16.8billion In 2hrs, More Than Aliko Dangote by Akabuking: 1:01pm On Jul 30, 2018
if skull mining can't make me this rich, then there's no need to mine at all.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Loses $16.8billion In 2hrs, More Than Aliko Dangote by Rebelutionary: 1:09pm On Jul 30, 2018
deepwater:
I keep saying this, DANGOTE is not the richest in Nigeria.
D guy no too get money like that.
They are many richer guys in this Nigeria but on a super low key.
And what's their business? See, you can't be as rich as dangote and be SUPER LOW KEY...not possible!
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Loses $16.8billion In 2hrs, More Than Aliko Dangote by AllHailBiafra(m): 1:16pm On Jul 30, 2018
jibs4lv:
Haba oka grin , must you people beat chest on everything? Thank God it's not about Buhari now grin but wait o shocked na only you dey pull dat big rock , where is chuckudi , ezenwa and friends grin cheesy
grin No! No be me be that, if to say Una gree make use of the schools weh Jonathan suffer to build for Una, you for know say Na illustration of the weight of Biafra and the strength of IPOB grin grin amajiri illiterate cheesy wink
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Loses $16.8billion In 2hrs, More Than Aliko Dangote by deepwater(f): 1:17pm On Jul 30, 2018
Rebelutionary:

And what's their business? See, you can't be as rich as dangote and be SUPER LOW KEY...not possible!

Don't bother yourself Charlie
If you don't understand today, surely you would tomorrow.

Not possible?!
You haven't gotten to that exposure as of today. Tomorrow you shall get there, I pray for you.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Loses $16.8billion In 2hrs, More Than Aliko Dangote by inyenejo(m): 1:21pm On Jul 30, 2018
A LOT OF PEOPLE DON'T EVEN KNOW THAT I'M THE WORLD RICHEST MAN WITH A NET WORTH OF OVER $250BILLION....
GOD BLESS THE DAY I WAS BORN........... may God punish buhari and apc mayetti Allah terrorists party , AMEN !!!!!!!!
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Loses $16.8billion In 2hrs, More Than Aliko Dangote by AllHailBiafra(m): 1:30pm On Jul 30, 2018
Gratefulheart1:

Get sense boy. Mark don escape poverty. He's a lucky guy for life. His type of business is meant to rise or fall, no big deal. Then don't think everything in the whole universe revolves around Biafra, stop linking two unrelated things. While you shout and fight for Biafra, better fight more for your family and your life. Is it not this same people living in Nigeria that would make up the Biafra? Same selfish, arrogant, self-centered, greedy, criminal-minded people. Blacks are bad, Africa is worse but this side of west Africa called Niger-area is worst. A word is enough for the wise.
You don't seem to make any single sense nor point in all these your bla bla bla. But I don't expect you to concur with me with your empty and bitter mind but no matter how foolish you may be, you should at least be able to recognize the fact that the same people you addressed with those insolent remarks are the same people whom you ready to go to war with just to make sure they don't abandon you to wretchedness, insignificance and irrelevance. Yet you are displaying your arrogance. Shame on you, Biafra must be restored and nothing can quench the zeal not even your lamentations. Abeg halla my Monika^^^
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Loses $16.8billion In 2hrs, More Than Aliko Dangote by lawrence35(m): 1:38pm On Jul 30, 2018
Money pass money...

Wealth is relatively.

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Loses $16.8billion In 2hrs, More Than Aliko Dangote by TheAlchemist: 1:57pm On Jul 30, 2018
Assassin101:
which also means that Dangote can go from being one of the wealthiest men to becoming a poor man that Abacha's son insinuated he was years back.

Morale: stay humble, there's nothing to life worth dying for, cos no matter how it goes, you'll never make it outta here alive

Tech stocks are subject to lots of high volatility, dangote is a traditional investor. Dangote can not experience such volatility in his investment
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Loses $16.8billion In 2hrs, More Than Aliko Dangote by Evangkatsoulis: 2:06pm On Jul 30, 2018
deepwater:

There is nobody in Nigeria(politicians et al) that is richer than dangote. None!
As an engineer I doubt you can conceive of what $1B is, let alone $16B.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Loses $16.8billion In 2hrs, More Than Aliko Dangote by dangoteinlaw: 2:16pm On Jul 30, 2018
Was Facebook ever rich at any point at all?? To me Facebook is nothing more than some bunch of laptops all tied together in a single building with bunch of ladies clacking on its keyboard grin
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Loses $16.8billion In 2hrs, More Than Aliko Dangote by dangoteinlaw: 2:19pm On Jul 30, 2018
WEALTH304:

tell them they should stop blocking accounts.. and let's see if he won't get his fortunes back..
sad truth bru. Zucc went from being a proud fool to instantly blocking accounts like his wife"s climax depended on it. Forgetting that it's those same pp that drives in traffic. He's lucky to have bought ig along if not the guy network for done close
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Loses $16.8billion In 2hrs, More Than Aliko Dangote by Enyinnayajames(m): 2:22pm On Jul 30, 2018
16.8 billion $ just in two hours oh my God I feel like........ $16.8b..$16.8b...$16.8b I don the mad ooh
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Loses $16.8billion In 2hrs, More Than Aliko Dangote by deepwater(f): 2:28pm On Jul 30, 2018
Evangkatsoulis:

There is nobody in Nigeria(politicians et al) that is richer than dangote. None!
As an engineer I doubt you can conceive of what $1B is, let alone $16B.

You lack the appropriate exposure bro, I repeat you do!

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Loses $16.8billion In 2hrs, More Than Aliko Dangote by ofuonyebi: 2:41pm On Jul 30, 2018
it is always easy for the man that is down to keep his pride ...that the man at the top of iroko tree..

this is why more rich men suffer hypertension..
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Loses $16.8billion In 2hrs, More Than Aliko Dangote by Rajosh(m): 2:58pm On Jul 30, 2018
deepwater:
you can't be as rich as Dangote and be hidden. your money must bring you out Even if it's through stolen funds

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#10YearsChallenge: Femi Otedola Shares 10 Years Throwback Photo / Five Major Companies Leveraging On Africa's Untapped Rich Potentials To Create / Non-Ghanaian Retailers Ordered To Leave Ghana Markets In 30 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.