Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,256 members, 7,811,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You (60258 Views)

Which Other Countries Can You Travel To With A UK Visa? / Which Countries Can I Travel To - Building My Travel History / Which Of These Europe Countries Can I Travel To? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by fatdon2(m): 3:58pm On Jul 30, 2018
Did you ever know that citizenship could be bought outrightly in some parts of the world? Well if you don’t know you do and will also know why it has become the latest fantasies of the super-rich.

According to a report by Bloomberg, a second passport—or a third or fourth—has become another trophy for the ultra-wealthy and so for most of them, it is more for bragging rights.

When interviewed, Christian Kalin, chairman of Henley & Partners, a firm which provides citizenship advice and publishes rankings such as the Quality of Nationality Index opined that wealthy buyers “are looking for security”. “They want peace of mind in case of a revolution or other upheaval in their home countries”, he said.
Many nations of the world, the U.S. included, allow migrant residents the chance to apply for citizenship only after meeting certain criteria but these only 10 countries permit other nationals to acquire outright citizenship which comes with a certain price. These prices may also require payment in the form of direct investment into their economy, typically in property or the setting up of a local business.
Eight out of these ten countries are classified by the IMF as offshore financial centres, though Kalin said stability, not tax avoidance, is what influences most of the buyers. That and bragging rights. “If you have a yacht and two airplanes, the next thing to get is a Maltese passport,” he said. “It’s the latest status symbol. We’ve had clients who simply like to collect a few.”

See the list of the counties below:
http://www.thenet.ng/can-afford-ten-countries-can-sell-citizenship/

6 Likes 8 Shares

Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by fergie001: 4:09pm On Jul 30, 2018
Mtchew....na Croatia I wan go jhoo

75 Likes 7 Shares

Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by brodalikeme(m): 4:14pm On Jul 30, 2018
fergie001:

Be properly guided pls, dat their president, abi na prime minister is not single Oo, upon ontop of that, she get plenty admirers

293 Likes 15 Shares

Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by fergie001: 7:12pm On Jul 30, 2018
brodalikeme:

Be properly guided pls, dat their president, abi na prime minister is not single Oo, upon ontop of that, she get plenty admirers
Baddest n.igga ever liveth....
U dey crase oooo grin grin grin grin grin

155 Likes 6 Shares

Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by handsomeyinka(m): 7:41pm On Jul 30, 2018
How about nigeria?

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by Adebowhales(m): 7:41pm On Jul 30, 2018
oyaa

15 Likes

Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by Remyboyhefty(m): 7:41pm On Jul 30, 2018
grin
Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by xreal: 7:41pm On Jul 30, 2018
fergie001:

brodalikeme:

Are you trying to say he wants to go there just because of their president's toto something?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by Emmafe(m): 7:41pm On Jul 30, 2018
When you add USA to the list call me.

Samsung phones lover, check my Signature

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by Leetunechi: 7:41pm On Jul 30, 2018
Like if you are proud to be a Nigerian
Share if you are not

cheesy

83 Likes 351 Shares

Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by momodub: 7:42pm On Jul 30, 2018
Correct lets go there
Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by 3rdavefarms(m): 7:42pm On Jul 30, 2018
fergie001:

You are going there to see .....

Hope not what is on my mind grin

2 Likes

Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by yeyeboi(m): 7:42pm On Jul 30, 2018
Ok

1 Like

Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by Mizk(f): 7:43pm On Jul 30, 2018
With 1,000000$ i can live large in naija and buy my way through almost everything, now why would i pay almost 400milla to be in any of these wack countries? grin

145 Likes 7 Shares

Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by stevodot22(m): 7:44pm On Jul 30, 2018
Abeg I wan renounce my citizenship. How I fit take do am.
Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 30, 2018
not interested undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by DavSagacity(m): 7:44pm On Jul 30, 2018
brodalikeme:

U mean him like plenty Nairalaner dey reason say them want go collect share of the passionate hugs Abi..??. chai...u be bad guy

1 Like

Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 30, 2018
With $23m why on earth would I need to leave any country?

29 Likes

Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by obojememe: 7:45pm On Jul 30, 2018
if i get this kain money i stay put for here

6 Likes

Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by chloride6: 7:45pm On Jul 30, 2018
Leetunechi:
Like if you are proud to be a Nigerian
Share if you are not

cheesy

pls how can you share more than once grin

70 Likes 21 Shares

Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by BruncleZuma: 7:45pm On Jul 30, 2018
grin
Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by rayornb(m): 7:45pm On Jul 30, 2018
brodalikeme:

Oshe Google Maps wey dey give directions.

2 Likes

Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by IsaacBuchi(m): 7:45pm On Jul 30, 2018
You get sense

Mizk:
With 1,000000$ i can live large in naija and buy my way through almost everything, now why would i pay almost 400milla to be in any of these wack countries? grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by DavSagacity(m): 7:46pm On Jul 30, 2018
brodalikeme:

U mean him like plenty Nairalander dey reason say them want go collect share of the passionate hugs Abi..??. chai...u be bad guy

1 Like

Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by Pidginwhisper: 7:46pm On Jul 30, 2018
Hehehehe! Why pay such amount when you can come Naija and become automatic citizen by just establishing a Nylon or plastic making factory with the money and pay citizens 10k per month to work for you and even free to subject them to inhumane treatments and get away with it. THE GOVERNMENT JUST DON'T FVCKING CARE!!!!! undecided

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by Leetunechi: 7:46pm On Jul 30, 2018
chloride6:

pls how can you share more than once grin

E go better grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by thunderbabs: 7:47pm On Jul 30, 2018
Nigeria no dey sell? Mk my aba boiz put us for market na cheesy
Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by AmukuFord: 7:47pm On Jul 30, 2018
handsomeyinka:
How about nigeria?

Who go buy?

3 Likes

Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by bennynaza(m): 7:49pm On Jul 30, 2018
Ok
Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by carrlyleone: 7:50pm On Jul 30, 2018
How can i buy 2nd hand citizenship and how much?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? / How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal / Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.