Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,837 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Sani Kaita Apologizes - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sani Kaita Apologizes (9575 Views)

Sani Kaita Declared Missing / Sani Kaita Celebrates His 29th Birthday Today / Yakubu And Sani Kaita Are Recalled For Super Eagles 2013 Qualifier (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sani Kaita Apologizes by dipo2much(m): 2:17pm On Jun 18, 2010
honeric01:

kAITA, you owe no one an apology, it's your job you did, 90% of people on this thread would have done the same, they are all here condemning another person.

Who even gave you all the right to decide who to be forgiven and who not to?

Kaita, what you did wasn't the first and won't be the last, people before you did worse and their team still went ahead and won, they are all looking for excuse to blame someone, they want a scapegoat lol,

Nigeria was already out even before the tournament started. From the bad Plane, to bad hotel, to bad weather, to bad coach to bad selection.  Silly plonkers.

Germany is playing Serbia with one man down, yet they are terrorizing the Serbian post, you'd think it's the Serbians that are 1 man down.

The pressure has paid off, now Serbia has given a penalty to Germany but they finally lost it.

Are you sick in the brain? Callin what kaita did his job? He is supposed to be professional. Its kids that get so angry and take matters into their own hands.

As per the apology,theres is no remorse in that sheet. Typical Hausa stubborn goat. I hope we qualify anyways. He should never wear greenwhyte again
Re: Sani Kaita Apologizes by Doptimist2: 2:25pm On Jun 18, 2010
@ xtremeidea

I totally agree with you, he should be asked that question.

It is expected of every player to keep his temper at home before going to the camp talkless of taking it to the pitch. TELL HIM 4 ME.
Re: Sani Kaita Apologizes by honeric01(m): 2:29pm On Jun 18, 2010
dipo2much:

Are you sick in the brain? Callin what kaita did his job? He is supposed to be professional. Its kids that get so angry and take matters into their own hands.

As per the apology,theres is no remorse in that sheet. Typical Hausa stubborn goat. I hope we qualify anyways. He should never wear greenwhyte again
And Totti, Rooney, Ronaldinho, C. Ronaldo and the headmaster Zidane are no professional players? you better wake up and stop looking for excuses, We were beaten by teams with 10 men at the 21 levels, even at the nations cup and also at USA 94 against Italy, so stop looking for excuses, we still might have lost if Kaita didn't receive any card.
Re: Sani Kaita Apologizes by shinaidowu: 2:35pm On Jun 18, 2010
honeric01:

kAITA, you owe no one an apology, it's your job you did, 90% of people on this thread would have done the same, they are all here condemning another person.

Who even gave you all the right to decide who to be forgiven and who not to?

Kaita, what you did wasn't the first and won't be the last, people before you did worse and their team still went ahead and won, they are all looking for excuse to blame someone, they want a scapegoat lol,

Nigeria was already out even before the tournament started. From the bad Plane, to bad hotel, to bad weather, to bad coach to bad selection. Silly plonkers.

Germany is playing Serbia with one man down, yet they are terrorizing the Serbian post, you'd think it's the Serbians that are 1 man down.

The pressure has paid off, now Serbia has given a penalty to Germany but they finally lost it.

You are very modest by saying 90%, from the responses of nairalanders its so so certain that we all have that Kaitalian streak in us.Here in this forunm you cant even hold a very simple discussion without some insulting you or abusing.This is a scenario where there is nothing to gain or lose, how much more a situation where there is sometin at stake. Na naked dem go naked fight if them be kaita. grin
Re: Sani Kaita Apologizes by EzeUche(m): 2:36pm On Jun 18, 2010
I don't accept his apology! angry
Re: Sani Kaita Apologizes by EzeUche(m): 2:39pm On Jun 18, 2010
Why accept his apology?

Isn't this common of his people? Let the truth be known but the aboki are the bane of Nigeria. No need for us to deny this well known fact.
Re: Sani Kaita Apologizes by OJ2010: 2:44pm On Jun 18, 2010
I don't know why its difficult for us to understand that what happened to Kaita could have happened to anybody after all we are all human, at least i remember that even great Zidane was red carded for headbutting an opponent in the chest and he was sent off.
So its just unfortunate that it happened to Kaita personally i would have prefered Etuhu to be sent-off instead of Kaita because clearly the midfield suffered his absence and that says a lot about his contribution to the team. We have seen matches where a player will be sent-off and you barely feel the impact not necesarily because the coach did something special but because the sent-off player was not really contributing in the first place.
So please Nigerians let us accept his apologies and as someone we may have still lost even if he had not been sent-off, at least its a possibility. The simple truth is that we are not just ready for this competition.
Re: Sani Kaita Apologizes by OJ2010: 2:46pm On Jun 18, 2010
EzeUche- how do you comment on the goal Obasi missed? do you forgive him for that? If he had scored that goal that may have changed the game back in our favour becuse the guys will have their confidence back
Re: Sani Kaita Apologizes by ava2: 2:47pm On Jun 18, 2010
What calls for the drama and recitation? If Sanni Kaita had done his job, Messi won't have strode past him to trouble Dele Adeleye and cause the penalty that won the match for Argentina at Holland 2005 U-20 world cup. The same Sanni kaita was culpable in the build up to Angel di maria's goal that won the match for Argentina against Nigeria at the 2010 Olympics. Same Kaita wrestled an Argentinian down in the Nigerian 18yard box in the on-going world cup; that would have led to a penalty. Kaita's strong point is said to be his "ball winning abilities", but he wins the ball in such rash manners that he's lucky to have match officials overlook his brawls. Then after he "wins" the ball, he promptly returns it to the opponent. Of what use is a ball winner/holding midfielder that can not complete passes. His contribution to attack is non-existent as he cannot shoot and can not execute a "through pass".
Such mediocre should not be allowed in a Nigerian Jersey; not after that moment of madness that cost the Super chickens the match vs un-impressive Greece. Needless to mention the ill fated inclusion of mediocre's such as Uwa Echejiele and Obinna Nsofor.
Re: Sani Kaita Apologizes by EzeUche(m): 2:51pm On Jun 18, 2010
OJ2010:

EzeUche- how do you comment on the goal Obasi missed? do you forgive him for that? If he had scored that goal that may have changed the game back in our favour becuse the guys will have their confidence back

Obasi error is pale in comparison compared to Kaita. People have missed goals so I am willing to take that error, but what Kaita did was reprehensible. You are representing a country and you act like that in front of the world.

He showed how some Africans are still bush and have no training. Not professional at all but acted like a 9 year old.
Re: Sani Kaita Apologizes by bawomolo(m): 2:53pm On Jun 18, 2010

i know you didn't compare a league in which majority of the players play in the same league to a team of misfits and unfit players.  the germans are young and can play a man down with much more ease than the danny shittu's and taye taiwos of the world.  

you don't go all out attacking with a one goal lead and one man down.

EzeUche:

Obasi error is pale in comparison compared to Kaita. People have missed goals so I am willing to take that error,

you are a tribalistic hypocrite, we all know what your reaction would have been if obasi had being hausa or yoruba.  do people miss open net opportunities regularly?  please tell me why a world cup caliber striker can't angle the ball into an open net.

you guys are overreaction over kaita, okocha basically punched a player in a game but has that ruined his legacy?

kaita can redeem his image by not only apologizing but by working on his game and maybe less kickboxing classes and more anger management classes  grin
Re: Sani Kaita Apologizes by blankees(m): 2:54pm On Jun 18, 2010
Apology accepted, dnt try it again or else i'll trash u.
Re: Sani Kaita Apologizes by OJ2010: 2:57pm On Jun 18, 2010
EzeUche:

Obasi error is pale in comparison compared to Kaita. People have missed goals so I am willing to take that error, but what Kaita did was reprehensible. You are representing a country and you act like that in front of the world.

He showed how some Africans are still bush and have no training. Not professional at all but acted like a 9 year old.

Just like Zidane headbutting of opponent and was redcarded when the whole was watching? The point is Kaita's action was very un-professional but we all know that all these players do this once in a while and that is not enough for them to be hanged.
Re: Sani Kaita Apologizes by OJ2010: 3:01pm On Jun 18, 2010
bawomolo:

i know you didn't compare a league in which majority of the players play in the same league to a team of misfits and unfit players. the germans are young and can play a man down with much more ease than the danny shittu's and taye taiwos of the world.

you don't go all out attacking with a one goal lead and one man down.

you are a tribalistic hypocrite, we all know what your reaction would have been if obasi had being hausa or yoruba. do people miss open net opportunities regularly? please tell me why a world cup caliber striker can't angle the ball into an open net.

you guys are overreaction over kaita, okocha basically punched a player in a game but has that ruined his legacy?

kaita can redeem his image by not only apologizing but by working on his game and maybe less kickboxing classes and more anger management classes grin

Exactly my point. EzeUche has always been always tribalistic in his analysis and that is not good for objectivity.
Re: Sani Kaita Apologizes by Gayigaskia(m): 3:01pm On Jun 18, 2010
Remember,  there was a lot of time left when Kaita was sent off. My question is why the players didn't do the necessary to prevent the equalization?
Why not get on Obasi who missed in front of open goals? If he had scored most Nigerians would have forget that Kaita was sent off.

Roy Keane said "even if Henry Handled the all why the irish defender didn't clear the ball?  they should have" Stop putting a federal F up  on Kaita alone please.
Re: Sani Kaita Apologizes by ava2: 3:03pm On Jun 18, 2010
EzeUche:

Why accept his apology?

Isn't this common of his people? Let the truth be known but the aboki are the bane of Nigeria. No need for us to deny this well known fact.

e.g, Yusuff Mohammed, Turai, IBB etc. I must note however that Mr Garuba Lawal had a distinguished tenure in the super eagles. He is not of such ilk as Sanni Kaita!
Re: Sani Kaita Apologizes by EzeUche(m): 3:05pm On Jun 18, 2010
bawomolo:

you are a tribalistic hypocrite, we all know what your reaction would have been if obasi had being hausa or yoruba.  do people miss open net opportunities regularly?  please tell me why a world cup caliber striker can't angle the ball into an open net.

kaita can redeem his image by not only apologizing but by working on his game and maybe less kickboxing classes and more anger management classes  grin

I should have known you would be coming around. You mention the errors of the Igbo players any chance you get. Remember it was an Igbo man who scored our ONLY goal.

And let us not forget Enyeama who is an Easterner as well. If it was for the people who reside in the area that was once known as Biafra, the "Super" Eagles would never have gotten far.  But that is another discussion.

Bawomolo, we have battled in the politics discussion and I know you dislike my people. Even from your comments and you brought it into this thread by trying to compare Obasi with Kaita.

You cannot compare Kaita's actions with Obasi. Kaita did something very silly in which the whole world is discussing. Not only Nigerians. You do not hear people talking about Obasi!
Re: Sani Kaita Apologizes by mensdept: 3:06pm On Jun 18, 2010
Well, he made a grave error, but he wasn't the first and wont be the last red card claimer in this tournament. His sending off clearly changed the game, but our people love to look for scapegoats when the obvious is standing there in front of their face----we had shitty preparations, a corrupt NFA/NFF, poor players and poor team selection.

We also have an inferiority complex, that European rejects/managers are superior to our coaches.

What really was wrong with hiring Siasia who coached us to the final in China, a same tournament that DUNGA was equally coach of Brasil?

What stopped us from taking/trying new players at the weak Nations Cup in Angola when many of our sorry players were injured?

Was it fear that their bribed positions would have been threatened?

Even if local African coaches fail in the WC, that wouldnt stop African coaches from improving, since the 14 or so European teams and perhaps 7 other European managers of foreign countries can't win the cup at the same time, which means failure as well for them.

"First it was "SANI" Abacha, Then "SANI" Yerima, Later "SANI" Lulu, now it's "SANI" Kaita.

For how long sha we allow SANI(s) to soil the name of our country. ."   lol
Re: Sani Kaita Apologizes by BizBooks(m): 3:07pm On Jun 18, 2010
@ Gayigaskia,

It is not easy to play 10 against 11. The three teams that has done it in this World cup all lost - South Africa, Nigeria and now Germany.
Re: Sani Kaita Apologizes by Jaytee67(m): 3:11pm On Jun 18, 2010
Why are you people as much tribalistic as this? Kaita was wrong and He could have come from any part of the country. He was in green and white. If he had done anything good, would you have ascribed the glory to the tribe or region he come from first? Let us keep Nigeria ONE!
Re: Sani Kaita Apologizes by bawomolo(m): 3:11pm On Jun 18, 2010
EzeUche:

I should have known you would be coming around. You mention the errors of the Igbo players any chance you get. Remember it was an Igbo man who scored our ONLY goal.

And let us not forget Enyeama who is an Easterner as well. If it was for the people who reside in the area that was once known as Biafra, the "Super" Eagles would never have gotten far.  But that is another discussion.

Bawomolo, we have battled in the politics discussion and I know you dislike my people. Even from your comments and you brought it into this thread by trying to compare Obasi with Kaita.

You cannot compare Kaita's actions with Obasi. Kaita did something very silly in which the whole world is discussing. Not only Nigerians. You do not hear people talking about Obasi!

in your imaginary world, everyone hates igbos and the hausas are out to get you even on a football pitch.

life isn't black and white like that
Re: Sani Kaita Apologizes by Gayigaskia(m): 3:12pm On Jun 18, 2010
BizBooks:

@ Gayigaskia,

It is not easy to play 10 against 11. The three teams that has done it in this World cup all lost - South Africa, Nigeria and now Germany.

None of these teams was a goal up, and none of these teams had an open goals and failed to score. If Obasi had scored it would have been 2-0 for Nigeria
Re: Sani Kaita Apologizes by BizBooks(m): 3:14pm On Jun 18, 2010
@ Mens Dept,

We also have an inferiority complex, that European rejects/managers are superior to our coaches.

Many countries in this world cup have foreign coaches. Here's a few:

South Africa - Brazilian Coach
Ghana - Serbian Coach
England - Italian Coach
Cote'd Ivoire - Swedish Coach
Cameroon - French Coach

These are just the ones I know.
Re: Sani Kaita Apologizes by EzeUche(m): 3:17pm On Jun 18, 2010
BizBooks:

@ Mens Dept,

Many countries in this world cup have foreign coaches. Here's a few:

South Africa - Brazilian Coach
Ghana - Serbian Coach
England - Italian Coach
Cote'd Ivoire - Swedish Coach
Cameroon - French Coach

These are just the ones I know.

And most of the teams you have mentioned are all Africans.

Africans definitely have an inferiority complex.

All the African teams except for Algeria.
Re: Sani Kaita Apologizes by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jun 18, 2010
Mr Eze uche
i doubt it if you really know what you are saying!
Re: Sani Kaita Apologizes by Gayigaskia(m): 3:27pm On Jun 18, 2010
Kaita don't have inferioty complex cheesy
Re: Sani Kaita Apologizes by sylve11: 3:28pm On Jun 18, 2010
Nigerians! grin cool
Re: Sani Kaita Apologizes by binigurl07: 3:34pm On Jun 18, 2010
cry
Re: Sani Kaita Apologizes by mykali(m): 3:40pm On Jun 18, 2010
i will do what my Bible tells me, when my Bible actually ''speaks'' to me . . .until then . . . . angry angry angry
Re: Sani Kaita Apologizes by no1madman(m): 3:40pm On Jun 18, 2010
D guy is good. .made a costly mistake and i guess he'll learn d hard way.
Re: Sani Kaita Apologizes by naijaking1: 3:41pm On Jun 18, 2010
Blaming Kaita is wrong, very wrong.
Re: Sani Kaita Apologizes by ayo84(m): 3:42pm On Jun 18, 2010
Kaita we forgive you oh.abeg play better in the next game.IF THERE IS A NEXT GAME

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Asisat Oshoala To Speak At Fifa Women’s Football And Leadership Conference / See Dates, Time And Venue For The Super Falcons Summer Tour Of The USA. / Rafa Nadal Pulls Out Of Wimbledon, Tokyo Olympics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.