Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,805 members, 7,810,098 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

Man Cuts Own Throat In Suicide Attempt At Lagos Bus Stop, Blames Depression - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Cuts Own Throat In Suicide Attempt At Lagos Bus Stop, Blames Depression (22975 Views)

Fraudster Lures Man To His House, Robs Him And Slits His Throat in Kano (Photos) / Man Cuts His Girlfriend’s Two Hands For Flirting With A Guy (Graphic Photos) / Lady Rescued From Jumping Off CMS Bridge, Lagos In Suicide Attempt (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Cuts Own Throat In Suicide Attempt At Lagos Bus Stop, Blames Depression by Yarnvibes(f): 6:42am On Jul 31, 2018
Residents of Ijegun in Lagos, expressed their shock over what they described as attempted suicide by a well-to-do young man who reportedly used a sharp object to slit his throat in his friend’s house over frustration. The incident happened at Bola Akinlere Street by Papa Major bus stop off Ijegun Road, ijegun, Lagos.

The 30-year old Olumide Akinlere, was said to have attempted suicide but was rescued by the friend’s mother who was around. She raised alarm and Olumide was prevented from killing himself but by then he had already inflicted injury on himself.

He was then rushed to a hospital and was later transferred to Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, LASUTH, in Ikeja area of Lagos. His case was said to be critical as he could not talk having already cut off part of his throat before rescue came his way.

It was gathered that what baffled the residents about the incident was that Olumide’s father had many properties in choice areas which he had handed over to him being the first child of the family after the father fell sick and got paralysed.

On his part, Olumide was said to have flourishing businesses and had not been known to have complained of any financial challenges among his friends in the area.

On the day the incident happened, Olumide was said to have visited his friend who lived close to his house but he did not meet him at home. While there, he was said to have used the sharp object and slit his throat. He shouted in pains and it attracted the mother of his friend.

He was rescued and rushed to the hospital in the pool of his blood. The matter was reported to the police at Isheri Oshun Division.

As at the time of filing this report, Olumide was still at LASUTH and the police were working to know the cause of his action.

It was gathered that the victim was unable to speak but had written a sort of suicide note. He said that it was depression and frustration that led to his action.

http://kikiotolu.com/bewitched-man-cuts-own-throat-in-suicide-attempt-at-ijegun-lagos-bus-stop-blames-depression-frustration/

Re: Man Cuts Own Throat In Suicide Attempt At Lagos Bus Stop, Blames Depression by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:54am On Jul 31, 2018
DEPRESSION IS A SILENT KILLER.

37 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Man Cuts Own Throat In Suicide Attempt At Lagos Bus Stop, Blames Depression by nepapole(m): 7:16am On Jul 31, 2018
All I knw is ...no situation can make me think of taking my own life. Iss not possible.

16 Likes

Re: Man Cuts Own Throat In Suicide Attempt At Lagos Bus Stop, Blames Depression by Mariangeles(f): 7:57am On Jul 31, 2018
Why would he want to kill himself when we are almost at the finish line...??
I pray he finds the purpose to want to live

5 Likes

Re: Man Cuts Own Throat In Suicide Attempt At Lagos Bus Stop, Blames Depression by PrincessB1(f): 8:28am On Jul 31, 2018
Suicidal attempt is never the way forward undecided
Re: Man Cuts Own Throat In Suicide Attempt At Lagos Bus Stop, Blames Depression by mclorenzo(m): 8:30am On Jul 31, 2018
Why didn't he do it in his house?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Cuts Own Throat In Suicide Attempt At Lagos Bus Stop, Blames Depression by sunnysunny69(m): 1:53pm On Jul 31, 2018
Hope he's able to get some help, mental health is no fun.

7 Likes

Re: Man Cuts Own Throat In Suicide Attempt At Lagos Bus Stop, Blames Depression by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jul 31, 2018
Check well, he voted for BuBu.
I learnt some graduates had earlier said that if BuBu had presented NEPA BILL they would have still voted for him.

Sorry man.
This Nation is beyond curative therapy for now

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Cuts Own Throat In Suicide Attempt At Lagos Bus Stop, Blames Depression by SoftP(m): 1:53pm On Jul 31, 2018
Make dem hold am, he is going no where. We are all in this together.

2 Likes

Re: Man Cuts Own Throat In Suicide Attempt At Lagos Bus Stop, Blames Depression by Melison(m): 1:54pm On Jul 31, 2018
God help us and salvage this country,no matter what it is....
Suicide is never an option

1 Like

Re: Man Cuts Own Throat In Suicide Attempt At Lagos Bus Stop, Blames Depression by MicheyJ1: 1:54pm On Jul 31, 2018
Even if you want to kill your self is it by slitting your throat.? Are there not easier ways to commit sucide ?
Not that I'm in support of suicide.

3 Likes

Re: Man Cuts Own Throat In Suicide Attempt At Lagos Bus Stop, Blames Depression by phemsie(m): 1:54pm On Jul 31, 2018
remote control at work

if you know what i mean

3 Likes

Re: Man Cuts Own Throat In Suicide Attempt At Lagos Bus Stop, Blames Depression by opeoluwa20(m): 1:55pm On Jul 31, 2018
how will some body want to take his own life cos of depression . this life anything can happen u can make it before u know.like people don forget say God dey sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Cuts Own Throat In Suicide Attempt At Lagos Bus Stop, Blames Depression by DaInferno(m): 1:55pm On Jul 31, 2018
hohoho...why try to kill yourself when we all still gonna die, I don't think bout suicide since I heard hell is where you end!

2 Likes

Re: Man Cuts Own Throat In Suicide Attempt At Lagos Bus Stop, Blames Depression by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 31, 2018
PrincessB1:
Suicidal attempt is never the way forward undecided
It is only an attempt when it fails.

1 Like

Re: Man Cuts Own Throat In Suicide Attempt At Lagos Bus Stop, Blames Depression by Authoreety: 1:56pm On Jul 31, 2018
C as d guy wan take put gbese for im friend head..
D guy should be arrested for trying to murder himself

Haba!

2 Likes

Re: Man Cuts Own Throat In Suicide Attempt At Lagos Bus Stop, Blames Depression by FarahAideed: 1:56pm On Jul 31, 2018
I hope he is nothing of the resident zombies who has been chanting Sai Baba here

6 Likes

Re: Man Cuts Own Throat In Suicide Attempt At Lagos Bus Stop, Blames Depression by Sharpshooota: 1:58pm On Jul 31, 2018
Hunger everywhere

Frustration in the land

Suicide rate on the rise

Buhari legacies

4 Likes

Re: Man Cuts Own Throat In Suicide Attempt At Lagos Bus Stop, Blames Depression by OboOlora(f): 1:59pm On Jul 31, 2018
Fokin weakling, I hope he died!
Who is not depressed in that country, but suicide isn’t never an option
Even Pastors are depressed, funds no longer coming in like before ni thanks to eye opened DaddyFreeze
I heard one has sold 3 out of his 4jets. At least he’s still hopeful and hasn’t slit his throat yet
Re: Man Cuts Own Throat In Suicide Attempt At Lagos Bus Stop, Blames Depression by kuntakuntee86: 1:59pm On Jul 31, 2018
I just Hope he didn't gambled on bet9ja , Gid Will preserve him Amen
Re: Man Cuts Own Throat In Suicide Attempt At Lagos Bus Stop, Blames Depression by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 31, 2018
Suicide is never the answer.
Re: Man Cuts Own Throat In Suicide Attempt At Lagos Bus Stop, Blames Depression by akpanv551(m): 1:59pm On Jul 31, 2018
EVILFOREST:
Check well, he voted for BuBu.
I learnt some graduates had earlier said that if BuBu had presented NEPA BILL they would have still voted for him.

Sorry man.
This Nation is beyond curative therapy for now
,,, true talk
Re: Man Cuts Own Throat In Suicide Attempt At Lagos Bus Stop, Blames Depression by Aystarz: 2:00pm On Jul 31, 2018
MicheyJ1:
Even if you want to kill your self is it by slitting your throat.? Are there not easier ways to commit sucide ?
Not that I'm in support of suicide.

Like.... Cutting his wrist

1 Like

Re: Man Cuts Own Throat In Suicide Attempt At Lagos Bus Stop, Blames Depression by kingthreat(m): 2:02pm On Jul 31, 2018
Depression is some real sh!t, thank God sniper was not around the poor dude. Please if any of your friends is going through some hardship and has chosen to be reclusive, please take sometime to call or visit them. 90% of suicidal people have little or no friends to confide with.

8 Likes

Re: Man Cuts Own Throat In Suicide Attempt At Lagos Bus Stop, Blames Depression by QamQalito(m): 2:05pm On Jul 31, 2018
nepapole:
All I knw is ...no situation can make me think of taking my own life. Iss not possible.
You never can tell my nigga!

2 Likes

Re: Man Cuts Own Throat In Suicide Attempt At Lagos Bus Stop, Blames Depression by GreenArrow1(m): 2:05pm On Jul 31, 2018
Na wa o. Poverty has gotten the best of Nigerians so much that the only thing they can think of as reason for depression is lack of money. See as the writer is just focusing finance in the article.

2 Likes

Re: Man Cuts Own Throat In Suicide Attempt At Lagos Bus Stop, Blames Depression by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 31, 2018
post=69849413:
DEPRESSION IS A SILENT KILLER.

Depression caused by recession
Recession caused by Buhari

Buhari=Recession,

Recession = Depression

Depression = Death
If Buhari's recession causes depression, then Buhari= Death undecided

9 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Parade Islamic Teacher For Raping 5-year-old Female Student In Gombe / Building, Vehicles Destroyed By UNIOSUN Students Over Death Of 400L Student / NDLEA Uncovers Cannabis Deport In Lagos, Arrests Suspect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.