Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,149 members, 7,829,108 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? (35163 Views)

Covid-19: Stop Begging; Here's One Meal You Can Prepare With Just N50 / 4 Nutritious Nigerian Meals You Can Prepare With N2000 Or Less / Man Buys Smoked Fish Stuffed With Cartons In Lagos (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by abefeb1(m): 2:25pm On Aug 02, 2018
Victurh:

Sometimes they do.
I disagree
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by missjane: 2:25pm On Aug 02, 2018
I tried it in vegetable salad n it was heavenly.. make sure to carefully remove all bone, it's a meal on its own, n very healthy too
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by wtracy15: 2:25pm On Aug 02, 2018
Garri with cold water

1 Like

Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by Jerrypolo(m): 2:30pm On Aug 02, 2018
Abimbola29:
who on earth still eats panla fish

You think it's for the poor?.
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by barristerzinny(f): 2:30pm On Aug 02, 2018
englishmart:
I will just eat it like that. I don't have strength to prepare anything. What about you? What would you love to prepare with the smoked fish below?
porridge yam, fish sauce. Add it to moi moi too, add it to vegetable or egg sauce.
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by marwpis: 2:30pm On Aug 02, 2018
Banga Soup.
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by twinskenny(m): 2:33pm On Aug 02, 2018
dominique:

My SIL also used it to cook jollof rice once, it was very tasty. Panla Kika is bae, I don't care if people say it's broke people's fish.
na so my sister

1 Like

Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by aalangel(f): 2:35pm On Aug 02, 2018
Yam porridge...
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by barristerzinny(f): 2:38pm On Aug 02, 2018
twinskenny:
na so my sister
don't mind them, fish is fish
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by EverestdeBliu(m): 2:47pm On Aug 02, 2018
Victurh:
Yoruba's call it_ Kpanla kika (meaning smoked round fish). So tasty in fried stews or vegetables, but sometimes, makes your stew more peppery to taste. cheesy
Lol, Yoruba and pepper...

2 Likes

Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by doctore212(m): 2:47pm On Aug 02, 2018
Give to my sex doll
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by Elswift: 2:48pm On Aug 02, 2018
jellof grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by amaechijay: 2:51pm On Aug 02, 2018
unripe plantain, jollof rice and ogbono soup
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by Bayelsarep(m): 2:54pm On Aug 02, 2018
Tasteless fish
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by dania30(f): 2:55pm On Aug 02, 2018
dominique:
I sometines add it to my stew, sometimes vegetable soup. I prefer it's smell to that of stockfish in soup.

Exactly what I do! I also prefer the smell to the normal smoked fish
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by olmoRoc: 2:56pm On Aug 02, 2018
1. melon soup

2. vegetable soup

3. stew

4. jollof rice

N.B. No be the River Niger type oo!
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by Buffalowings3(m): 2:56pm On Aug 02, 2018
A kilo of fish that I bought for 1000 last week is now 1300

Thunder go fire Buhari laslas
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by Buffalowings3(m): 2:57pm On Aug 02, 2018
dollytino4real:
use it to prepare okro soup but add meat, kpomo and esam to make sweet. only dat fish does not have good taste, it 4 brokemanage people.

angry
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 02, 2018
Put it over the fire to roast it some more
(to nearly burnt).Remove the skin and serve chunks of the fish on abacha. If I met the fish before being prepared I would ask them to let it rest a bit in briny, peppery, onion-ey water before roasting or smoking. Now drooling
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by pathogen: 3:02pm On Aug 02, 2018
AZIN EHN, I JUST WEAK LIKE OLD MAMA BREAST grin cheesy
englishmart:
smoked fish make stew more peppery?
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by udemzyudex(m): 3:04pm On Aug 02, 2018
Yoruba man best fish, any food without panla is not complete grin
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by agarawu23(m): 3:05pm On Aug 02, 2018
Only that fish is tasteless. I only use it for vegetable soup that I will be adding other 'materials'
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by Rashduct4luv(m): 3:06pm On Aug 02, 2018
Igbokiller:
o sure pa.she pelu eba to gbono abi ti o tutu

Eba tutu ni o! grin
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by Jackipapa: 3:06pm On Aug 02, 2018
Efo riro
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by profnigga(m): 3:06pm On Aug 02, 2018
this is kpannla fish. I get ogbonlo soup mehn or any draw soup.
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by dollytino4real(f): 3:11pm On Aug 02, 2018
Omoikarekimire:

Yeeee lolz u have abuse poverty people pa.
is like u are there
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by dollytino4real(f): 3:13pm On Aug 02, 2018
notoriousbabe:
na the only thing wey you sabi be dat, food prefect
so
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by dollytino4real(f): 3:14pm On Aug 02, 2018
omocalabar:
u are not a good cook....a good cook don't need all the dfrent kind of fishes in d river to make a nice meal
I Sabi pass ur bae
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by notoriousbabe: 3:19pm On Aug 02, 2018
dollytino4real:
so
food prefect
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by umuna(m): 3:20pm On Aug 02, 2018
omocalabar:
u are not a good cook....a good cook don't need all the dfrent kind of fishes in d river to make a nice meal

We call it poor people fish! grin tongue
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by wowcatty: 3:21pm On Aug 02, 2018
Pepper stew to make sense.
Re: What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? by dollytino4real(f): 3:21pm On Aug 02, 2018
notoriousbabe:
food prefect
yes boss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) / How To Make Plantain And Egg Frittata Without Oven (Photos, Video) / Best Method For Preparing Noodles.lets Exchange Recipes With(out) Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.