Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,177 members, 7,811,438 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

Why I Decamped From APC To PDP -bukola Saraki Speaks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Decamped From APC To PDP -bukola Saraki Speaks (269 Views)

2019: Why I Decamped To APC – Uduaghan / Saraki Speaks On ‘stepping Down’ For Atiku / Senate President Bukola Saraki Speaks On Insecurity And State Police (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Why I Decamped From APC To PDP -bukola Saraki Speaks by Neatnewz: 8:42am On Aug 01, 2018
PRESS STATEMENT BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE SENATE, HIS EXCELLENCY, DR. ABUBAKAR BUKOLA SARAKI, CON, ON JULY 31, 2018. I wish to inform Nigerians that, after extensive consultations, I have decided to take my leave of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
Read also :-Senate President hails Oshinbajo and Oshiomole as he dumps APC
Read Also:-If BUHARI can become president with NEPA Bill, why can't Anyone else become governor with tissue paper -Senator ADELEKE ADEMOLA
This is not a decision that I have made lightly. If anything at all, I have tarried for so long and did all that was humanly possible, even in the face of great provocation, ridicule and flagrant persecution, to give opportunity for peace, reconciliation and harmonious existence. Perhaps, more significantly, I am mindful of the fact that I carry on my shoulder a great responsibility for thousands of my supporters, political associates and friends, who have trusted in my leadership and have attached their political fortunes to mine. However, it is after an extensive consultation with all the important stakeholders that we have come to this difficult but inevitable decision to pitch our political tent elsewhere; where we could enjoy greater sense of belonging and where the interests of the greatest number of our Nigerians would be best served.
Read Also:-If BUHARI can become president with NEPA Bill, why can't Anyone else become governor with tissue paper -Senator ADELEKE ADEMOLA
This is not a decision that
While I take full responsibility for this decision, I will like to emphasise that it is a decision that has been inescapably imposed on me by certain elements and forces within the APC who have ensured that the minimum conditions for peace, cooperation, inclusion and a general sense of belonging did not exist. They have done everything to ensure that the basic rules of party administration, which should promote harmonious relations among the various elements within the party were blatantly disregarded. All governance principles which were required for a healthy functioning of the party and the government were deliberately violated or undermined. And all entreaties for justice, equity and fairness as basic precondition for peace and unity, not only within the party, but also the country at large, were simply ignored, or employed as additional pretext for further exclusion. The experience of my people and associates in the past three years is that they have suffered alienation and have been treated as outsiders in their own party. Thus, many have become disaffected and disenchanted.
This is not a decision that
At the same time, opportunities to seek redress and correct these anomalies were deliberately blocked as a government-within-a-government had formed an impregnable wall and left in the cold, everyone else who was not recognized as “one of us”. This is why my people, like all self-respecting people would do, decided to seek accommodation elsewhere.
Read also :-Senate President hails Oshinbajo and Oshiomole as he dumps APC
I have had the privilege to lead the Nigerian legislature in the past three years as the President of the Senate and the Chairman of the National Assembly. The framers of our constitution envisage a degree of benign tension among the three arms of government if the principle of checks and balances must continue to serve as the building block of our democracy. In my role as the head of the legislature, and a leader of the party, I have ensured that...[500 more words ]Read full details here
http://www.hintnewz.com/2018/08/why-i-decamped-from-apc-to-pdp-saraki.html

Re: Why I Decamped From APC To PDP -bukola Saraki Speaks by iskuburi407: 8:42am On Aug 01, 2018
Tested and trusted
2019 Sai Baba/Baba
Re: Why I Decamped From APC To PDP -bukola Saraki Speaks by dPriv: 8:45am On Aug 01, 2018
Interesting
Re: Why I Decamped From APC To PDP -bukola Saraki Speaks by Mynd44: 8:52am On Aug 01, 2018

(1)

Raypower Pays Broadcasting Commission Fine’, Accuses NBC Of Intimidation / VIDEO: Saraki To PDP: Let’s Work Together In Defence Of Democracy / How Obasanjo Reads The Wind – Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.