Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

How Buhari Administration Should Treat APC Defectors – Shehu Sani - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Buhari Administration Should Treat APC Defectors – Shehu Sani (36478 Views)

Aisha Alhassan Receives 50,000 APC Defectors Into Taraba UDP / Kwankwaso Challenges Buhari To Name Weak APC Defectors / APC Lawmakers Want Decisive Action Against 37 APC Defectors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Buhari Administration Should Treat APC Defectors – Shehu Sani by kahal29: 10:39am On Aug 01, 2018
A federal lawmaker, Shehu Sani (APC, Kaduna Central), has advised the federal government on how defectors from the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) should be treated.

The senator took to his Facebook page in the early hours of Wednesday to stress the need for both the ruling party and the opposition party to maintain a harmonious relationship.

The senator wrote as follows:

“In view of the current reality, It’s possible to have a harmonious working relationship between the parliament led by the opposition, and the presidency led by the ruling party, in the remaining lifespan of this political dispensation, if the following rules are kept by both sides.

1. Both sides must put the interest of the country first.

2. The Executive should respect the decision of those who chose to defect, maintain a cordial relationship with them and never attempt to persecute any of them for their individual political decisions.

3. The Parliament led by the opposition must not be a stumbling block for Government policies and programmes and the person of the president and his office must be accorded the highest respect it deserves.

4. All Inflammatory statements and plots from both sides must cease.

5. Both sides should be committed to working towards addressing the nation’s chronic security challenges and the success of the upcoming national elections.”

Mr Sani was amongst those expected to join a wave of defection that hit the APC last week, having made several categorical statements that suggested the move was imminent.

At least 14 senators and 37 House of Representatives announced their exit from the APC at the parliament last week. While most of those who severed ties with the ruling party joined the PDP, Nigeria’s main opposition entity, at least one senator and four House members moved to other political parties, especially the African Democratic Congress.

On Tuesday, the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, made a formal announcement of his exit from the APC to join the PDP. In a statement he later released, he accused influential persons of the APC of intolerance and causing his exit.

“While I take full responsibility for this decision, I will like to emphasise that it is a decision that has been inescapably imposed on me by certain elements and forces within the APC who have ensured that the minimum conditions for peace, cooperation, inclusion and a general sense of belonging did not exist,” he said.

While some other senators who were expected to decamp also failed to do so on Tuesday, it was Mr Sani’s non-defection that drew the most insinuations from Nigerians.

Mr Sani later told PREMIUM TIMES that ex-Kaduna governor Balarabe Musa, APC National Chairman Adams Oshiomhole and party leader, Bola Tinubu, were among those who persuaded him not to leave the APC for the main opposition party, PDP.

Mr Sani’s confrontation with his state governor, Nasir El-Rufai, is one of the most virulent rivalry in this political dispensation despite both men belonging to the APC.

The politicians snapped at each other shortly after settling down in their respective offices after their 2015 election.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/278499-how-buhari-administration-should-treat-apc-defectors-shehu-sani.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Buhari Administration Should Treat APC Defectors – Shehu Sani by zico530(m): 10:41am On Aug 01, 2018
I see wisdom in your talk. If only the President will listen.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Buhari Administration Should Treat APC Defectors – Shehu Sani by mmb(m): 10:44am On Aug 01, 2018
'1. Both sides must put the interest of the country first.'

Saraki never put the interest of the nation first even when he was in APC right from the word go.

Budget passage delays in the National Assembly is one of his many atrocities as Senate President.

Thank God he has left the party for good.

62 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How Buhari Administration Should Treat APC Defectors – Shehu Sani by KingLennon(m): 10:44am On Aug 01, 2018
PDP ruled the country for 16 years and handover to APC to rule. APC can't do the job well and everybody have seen that, 2019 they'll handover back to PDP to do the job grin.

118 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How Buhari Administration Should Treat APC Defectors – Shehu Sani by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 01, 2018
See this traitor General of Africa.

Keep your advice to yourself, the APC already has a witch hunt blueprint for all defectors.

Na today?

108 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How Buhari Administration Should Treat APC Defectors – Shehu Sani by errhis(m): 10:44am On Aug 01, 2018
This is not family affair, you are trying to play both sides, this war. Pick a side or you left aside

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Buhari Administration Should Treat APC Defectors – Shehu Sani by Teenaba(f): 10:44am On Aug 01, 2018
Ok
Re: How Buhari Administration Should Treat APC Defectors – Shehu Sani by Humblega(m): 10:45am On Aug 01, 2018

A funny but confused wise man.

He is neither here nor there. Doesn't know which one to choose......

* he has been alienated in in apc kaduna by el-rufai and his goons so he is thinking of crossing to pdp like others but he might end up losing, bcs his senatorial district (kad-central) is 1 of apc strong hold.

He wouldn't have think twice if he is from kad-south.

So d man doesnt knw d 1 to choose btw right and left

22 Likes

Re: How Buhari Administration Should Treat APC Defectors – Shehu Sani by kirkwood: 10:45am On Aug 01, 2018
Guy wants to defect too, period. He had better be smarter or they dispose of him when he has become useless and powerless

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Buhari Administration Should Treat APC Defectors – Shehu Sani by bedspread: 10:45am On Aug 01, 2018
GREETINGS TO THE MOST VALUABLE PLAYER IN NIGERIA POLITICS 2015-2019

POLITICAL 'D' BALLON WINNER

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Buhari Administration Should Treat APC Defectors – Shehu Sani by massinola(m): 10:46am On Aug 01, 2018
This Judas is carrot again?

11 Likes

Re: How Buhari Administration Should Treat APC Defectors – Shehu Sani by kaen1317: 10:46am On Aug 01, 2018
They've been given the worst treatment ever so there's no other treatment they've not seen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Buhari Administration Should Treat APC Defectors – Shehu Sani by AloyalNigerian(m): 10:46am On Aug 01, 2018
I don't know if it's just me, but, I don't really trust this man anymore. In fact, all the politicians.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Buhari Administration Should Treat APC Defectors – Shehu Sani by SEONaijaExpert: 10:46am On Aug 01, 2018
Shehu Sani has never been more confused in his political career than this.

He talk too much.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Buhari Administration Should Treat APC Defectors – Shehu Sani by Racoon(m): 10:47am On Aug 01, 2018
“The greatest honour the government can do to the spirit of June 12(Nigeria today) is to habitually respect the rights of Nigerians to differ and to dissent without persecution, obey court orders and prosecute the war against corruption without discrimination."-Shehu Sanni

3 Likes

Re: How Buhari Administration Should Treat APC Defectors – Shehu Sani by ZeeBaba17(m): 10:47am On Aug 01, 2018
wise talk, if only these Nairaland keyboard warriors will concentrate on the message and leave the messenger
Re: How Buhari Administration Should Treat APC Defectors – Shehu Sani by dadebayo1(m): 10:47am On Aug 01, 2018
El rufai is patiently waiting to deal with you mr Snitch.... grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Buhari Administration Should Treat APC Defectors – Shehu Sani by edo3(m): 10:47am On Aug 01, 2018
kennygee:
See this traitor General of Africa.

Keep your advice to yourself, the APC already has a witch hunt blueprint for all defectors.

Na today?
Walahi na field marshal traitor fit am..I used to think this man na saint o,,now i know beta..Never trust a man that his hair recedes per seconds.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Buhari Administration Should Treat APC Defectors – Shehu Sani by Omeokachie: 10:47am On Aug 01, 2018
Shehu 'shifty' Sani

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Buhari Administration Should Treat APC Defectors – Shehu Sani by BafanaBafana: 10:47am On Aug 01, 2018
Some people are will just kill themselves for nothing
Buharists are jubilating because some people are defecting from APC.
Haters are angry that Buharists are not angry.
Is it your anger?

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari Administration Should Treat APC Defectors – Shehu Sani by Blessynokoro: 10:47am On Aug 01, 2018
Hahaha

Meanwhile

IF YOU CAN’T LAST 2MINS OR WATERYSPERM, TRY Bitter Kola and Watermelon Seed (Every Man Needs This!) THANK ME LATER

Click for details

https://m.facebook.com/BitterKolaWaterMelonSeed
Re: How Buhari Administration Should Treat APC Defectors – Shehu Sani by asobo: 10:48am On Aug 01, 2018
I hope after the #100 million finishes you won't decamp also. I lost my respect for this man, right from last week Tuesday.
#JUDAS COMRADE SENATOR SHEHU SANI

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Buhari Administration Should Treat APC Defectors – Shehu Sani by Dpleaser: 10:48am On Aug 01, 2018
Better
Re: How Buhari Administration Should Treat APC Defectors – Shehu Sani by alphaconde(m): 10:49am On Aug 01, 2018
this man is a mole. pretending

5 Likes

Re: How Buhari Administration Should Treat APC Defectors – Shehu Sani by Jethrolite(m): 10:49am On Aug 01, 2018
Wise words. If APC was like this from the beginning. No one would be defecting by now. People need to respect the opinion of others.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Administration Should Treat APC Defectors – Shehu Sani by opalu: 10:50am On Aug 01, 2018
Hmmm
Re: How Buhari Administration Should Treat APC Defectors – Shehu Sani by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 01, 2018
I have a strong feeling this chap stayed back to do so much damage from within. He is an undercover agent.

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari Administration Should Treat APC Defectors – Shehu Sani by UzorAgu(m): 10:50am On Aug 01, 2018
Only if we can place National interest above selfish interest

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Administration Should Treat APC Defectors – Shehu Sani by kulrunsman79(m): 10:51am On Aug 01, 2018
Good points! Well noted but I hope the unscrupulous elements in the APC camp will not see this as unparliamentary comment

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Administration Should Treat APC Defectors – Shehu Sani by OneStep3: 10:51am On Aug 01, 2018
edo3:
Walahi na field marshal traitor fit am..I used to think this man na saint o,,now i know beta..Never trust a man that his hair recede per seconds.

Wiket u

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Appeal Court Upholds APC Primaries In Zamfara, Asks INEC To Accept Candidates / Unseen Photo Of Captain And Crew On Board Nigerian Warship NNS Thunder F90 / Tinubu, Akande Shun APC NEC Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.