Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,021 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Kaita: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kaita: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary (1630 Views)

Sani Kaita Celebrates His 29th Birthday Today / Yakubu: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary / KAITA: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kaita: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by ceah(m): 6:17pm On Jun 18, 2010
KAITA (Kai-ta)
v. Kai*ta, Kai*tas, kai*ta'ed, kai*ta'ing

1. To single-handedly dash the hopes and aspirations of one's nation in the full glare of other nations
2. To karate-kick your way out of the greatest stage/spotlight ever known to man
3. To destroy/zap/siphon the energies of teammates plus 140 million people through unexplainable stupidity
4. To act foolishly, unintelligently or irrationally and IMMEDIATELY regret the action by falling on your knees.

(Etymology: Derived from the dreadful match between Nigeria and lowly Greece at the 2010 Soccer World Cup)

Usage:

"Please, please, do not KAITA what we have been building for 50 years o! Oloshi!"

"I don't care what people say, I will KAITA the multi-billion dollar plan!"

"That man, you know, the hopeless, useless, visionless, KAITAing guy!"

"I was KAITAing until I met Jesus!"

Synonyms:

1. Sabotage
2. Incapacitate
3. Destroy/Demobilize
4. Jeopardize
5. Impair
6. Implode
7. Shege Banza!

OTHER MEANINGS AND DERIVATIVES

KAITA (Kai-ta)
n. Kai*ta

A term that describes a temporary but kaitastrophic loss of mental competency and faculty.
See also Instant Amnesia.

KAITAISIS (Kai-ta-i-sis)
n. Kai*ta*i*sis

1. A new mental sickness recently discovered by Neurosurgeons. It affects the victim's ability to think right or make right judgement especially when it matters most.

2. Victims often confuse the game of soccer for a karate session. Its derived from the new word KAITA

KAITARIZATION (Kai-ta-ri-za-tion)
n. Kai*ta*ri*za*shen

Kaitarization is the act of being turned into a useless mongol OR a Shaolin Temple soccer player.
(Source: chichi234 & colomb)

KAITA-KAITA (Kai-ta-kai-ta)
n. Kai*ta*kai*ta

Kaita-Kaita means unprecedented confusion and unimaginable pandemonium
Usage: "Kaita-kaita don burst!"

KAITA (Kai-ta)
n. Kai*ta

A highly explosive bomb needed more in Iraq than in Nigeria
Usage: "Allied Forces just dropped the K-Bomb! Yes! The Kaita! Ladies and gentlemen, THE WAR IS OVER!!!!

KAITARACT (Kai-ta-ra-ct)
n. Kai*ta*ra*kt

A one-of-a-kind eye defect that makes a soccer player see another player as a Jabulani Ball to be kicked
Usage: "Pity, he suffered from a sudden chronic case of Kaitaract" .

1 Like

Re: Kaita: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by ceah(m): 6:17pm On Jun 18, 2010
kaitatology-the study of mental illness or d phobia of being normal.
kaitaestetics-the act of injecting strong fluids into ones body thus havin the feeling of uselessness and self dis-belief.
kaitagopolidis-the newly discovered god of destruction in Greek mythology.

1 Like

Re: Kaita: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by Newest: 7:18pm On Jun 18, 2010
Think there's a thread on this?
Re: Kaita: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by ceah(m): 8:09pm On Jun 18, 2010
sorry bro, i think the thread should be deleted, i didn't know that something like that existed before posting, i check on the front page of the sport thread but didn't see anything like that before i posted, the mod can delete it.
Re: Kaita: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by Newest: 8:24pm On Jun 18, 2010
No big deal Bro, we all trying to express our feelings thats all, how u doing anyway? and sorry bout ur super giggles
Re: Kaita: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by ceah(m): 8:32pm On Jun 18, 2010
haha, Super chickens you mean, on the field of play i see 10 super chicken and 1 super eagle (Vincent Eyeama), lol!
Re: Kaita: A New Word Added To Oxford English Dictionary by Newest: 6:45pm On Jun 20, 2010
Lol, thats just it jawe

(1) (Reply)

Super Falcons Stun Bayana Bayana / Nigeria Coach Samson Siasia Selects Squad For Argentina / Sports Betting Script - Fully Customizable & Automated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.