Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,161 members, 7,811,352 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:58 AM

FG Sets Up Team To Unbundle Railways - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Sets Up Team To Unbundle Railways (11885 Views)

FG To Unbundle 11 Discos, Orders Sale Of Four / FG May Unbundle Discos Swap Stakes With States - Adelabu / Senate Moves To Unbundle Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Sets Up Team To Unbundle Railways by ijustdey: 6:55am On Aug 02, 2018
By Abdullateef Aliyu,

The Federal Government has set up a team for the proposed unbundling of the Nigeria Railway Corporation (NRC) that would see the entity being broken into three or four groups, Daily Trust can report.

The planned unbundling of the NRC is for efficiency and better service delivery as the country invests in railway modernization.

Our correspondent learnt that the Minister of Transportation, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, has put in place a team led by the Managing Director of the NRC to work out the modalities.

The minister, while speaking with newsmen recently in Lagos, confirmed the planned unbundling, but said the MD of the NRC had been given the mandate to come up with the modalities.

“I have put a team on ground to do a study and send it to me. Until they send that to me, I can’t speak more on it. But I think we need to unlock what we currently have because we seem to be overwhelmed.”

Amaechi said: “We are looking at the possibility. I discussed with the managing director that there is the need to break Nigerian Railway Corporation into three.

One that owns the assets - the tracks and it is in charge of maintenance of the tracks and all railway assets and then one that operates. So you have the Nigerian Railway Corporation that does the running of passenger trains and all that. Then you have one that does marketing and all that.”

Daily Trust however reports that the planned unbundling aligns with the plan of the National Assembly which in 2016 started the process of unbundling the railway corporation.

The Senate Land Transportation Committee chaired by Lagos Senator Gbenga Ashafa is proposing to create the National Railway Authority, the Independent Railway Regulatory Commission and the Railway Operators’ scheme.

The bill being proposed also seeks to reduce the power of Federal Government as sole operators and regulators of railway.

The bill by the committee entitled, ‘Review of the Nigerian Railway Corporation Repeal and Re-Enactment Bill’, restricts the Ministry of Transportation to policy making, while the National Railway Authority is to manage the infrastructure, pending the establishment of a National Transport Commission.

To achieve the objectives, the Senate Committee on Land Transport, composed a technical committee made up of engineers in the private sector to review the existing NRC Act and come up with modalities that would enhance efficiency in the sector.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/fg-sets-up-team-to-unbundle-railways-263752.html

4 Likes

Re: FG Sets Up Team To Unbundle Railways by 48noble(m): 7:08am On Aug 02, 2018
only 10 months left Mr Amaechi

8 Likes

Re: FG Sets Up Team To Unbundle Railways by CoolFreeday(m): 7:16am On Aug 02, 2018
This guy is working

God bless Amaechi

God bless PMB

God bless Nigeria

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Sets Up Team To Unbundle Railways by SolutionMee: 7:31am On Aug 02, 2018
It is only in Nigeria that things like this are celebrated

Here in America, the last time we celebrated a mediocrity like this was in the 17th century

When will my neighborhood develop

Well, maybe when Buhari wins 2019

Cuz with look of things, i can see over here that the old man is really trying. At old age, he sacrificed his good health and comfort at the expense of serving his Country and the best Nigerians could do is to keep abusing the man online

What else do you want that God has not given you

Will you spend eternity complaining

Don't you know it's even a privilege to have an old man at the helm of your nation's affairs

Please be grateful, patient and contented

America wasn't built in a tenure and decade

It cost centuries

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Sets Up Team To Unbundle Railways by Buharimustgo: 12:22pm On Aug 02, 2018
I pray it works,because nothing works under Buhari.

We pay for your sex videos,we don't need your face to show,just videos the sex.
Kindly like if you are interested and more details will be revealed later

3 Likes

Re: FG Sets Up Team To Unbundle Railways by willi926(m): 12:23pm On Aug 02, 2018
Re: FG Sets Up Team To Unbundle Railways by Manchilanky: 12:23pm On Aug 02, 2018
SolutionMee:

Here in America, the last time we celebrated a mediocrity like this was in the 17th century

Cuz with look of things, i can see over here that the old man is really trying. At old age, he sacrificed his good health and comfort at the expense of serving his Country and the best Nigerians could do is to keep abusing the man online

Don't you know it's even a privilege to have an old man at the helm of your nation's affairs

It cost centuries

E hungry me to slap u

10 Likes

Re: FG Sets Up Team To Unbundle Railways by BabaIbo: 12:23pm On Aug 02, 2018
Alright
Re: FG Sets Up Team To Unbundle Railways by Ejiofor001: 12:24pm On Aug 02, 2018
SolutionMee:

It cost centuries
How about Singapore and Qatar

4 Likes

Re: FG Sets Up Team To Unbundle Railways by zone51: 12:24pm On Aug 02, 2018
I hope this works
Re: FG Sets Up Team To Unbundle Railways by Cajal(m): 12:24pm On Aug 02, 2018
CoolFreeday:
This guy is working

God bless Amaechi

God bless PMB

God bless Nigeria
....PMB.... TILL 2023

3 Likes

Re: FG Sets Up Team To Unbundle Railways by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 02, 2018
Talk is cheap... something you claimed to have been in the offing since 2016. Why the long wait? It now seems like propaganda having just 6months to election.

1 Like

Re: FG Sets Up Team To Unbundle Railways by Catastrophe1: 12:43pm On Aug 02, 2018
If you like construct rail way to heaven. You and ode in aso rock must vacate next year.

1 Like

Re: FG Sets Up Team To Unbundle Railways by yomalex(m): 12:47pm On Aug 02, 2018
Hmm
Re: FG Sets Up Team To Unbundle Railways by frowland(m): 12:51pm On Aug 02, 2018
SolutionMee:

I guess you are talking to mor0ns right?

Besides, I followed last US elections closely for example and they are still talking about infrastructure, roads, water until this day. We aint stupid bro.

5 Likes

Re: FG Sets Up Team To Unbundle Railways by Oshin56(m): 12:51pm On Aug 02, 2018
Ejiofor001:

How about Singapore and Qatar
how about Dubai
Re: FG Sets Up Team To Unbundle Railways by sunnyajaks: 12:56pm On Aug 02, 2018
continue your good work God bless.pmb
Re: FG Sets Up Team To Unbundle Railways by Siluq(m): 1:11pm On Aug 02, 2018
Ok

Re: FG Sets Up Team To Unbundle Railways by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 02, 2018
Catastrophe1:
If you like construct rail way to heaven. You and ode in aso rock must vacate next year.

Get a life pls. This hatefull bad belle one is going to end soon o. Bigotry is devastating all your vital organs.
Re: FG Sets Up Team To Unbundle Railways by oglalasioux(m): 1:59pm On Aug 02, 2018
They will sell it to their friends, cronies and proxies. Inefficiency will follow and failure will begin.
Re: FG Sets Up Team To Unbundle Railways by aribisala0(m): 2:34pm On Aug 02, 2018
SolutionMee:

It cost centuries
What is it like in Austria and Italy?
Re: FG Sets Up Team To Unbundle Railways by wizseller: 2:50pm On Aug 02, 2018
CoolFreeday:
This guy is working

God bless Amaechi

God bless PMB

God bless Nigeria

Indeed

Working what? You are such a joker

Go and read Nigeria''s plans of the 70's. Al these ideas and more are captured there

The problem is this country has never really been ideals on what to do

It is the president with the innovative and creative mind to execute grand ideas that we suffer as a nation.

It is very obvious that Buhari lacks the acumen to change our fortunes.....he lacks the action and drive we need

Baba go slow has expended his use....no amount of propaganda will save him from the imminent loss that awaits him

1 Like

Re: FG Sets Up Team To Unbundle Railways by namenj: 2:58pm On Aug 02, 2018
PMB all the way

1 Like

Re: FG Sets Up Team To Unbundle Railways by TechConsult: 2:59pm On Aug 02, 2018
aremuforlife:

How much will one start with to be able to make #2.8 million in 3 years

A total investment of 1.6M payable in three months installment will guarantee that returns + you still get to own the farmland with the remaining plants
Re: FG Sets Up Team To Unbundle Railways by aremuforlife(m): 3:21pm On Aug 02, 2018
TechConsult:

A total investment of 1.6M payable in three months installment will guarantee that returns + you still get to own the farmland with tlhe remaining plants
Thanks for the reply
On how mm any acres of land
Please i will like to know the break down.

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Fixes June 23, 24 For Edo Governorship Primaries / Why Osinbajo Advocates Forex Policy That Curbs Arbitrage & Corruption / Buhari Jets Out Of Ethiopia For Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.