Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

How To Fly With A Small Dog - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Fly With A Small Dog (17732 Views)

Poll: Is This Useful To you?

Yes: 10% (4 votes)
No.: 81% (30 votes)
Ogaga. . . Thank you!!: 8% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Air Peace To Fly Directly To China / So There Are Nigerians That Fly From Lagos To London Then To Abuja Than Direct? / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 09, 2010
LORD HAVE MERCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

UNA FIT KILL PERSON FOR THIS FORUM!!!!

WAS LAUGHING SO HARD THAT WHEN MY BOSS ENTERED MY OFFICE, SHE THOT I WAS CRYING!

I THINK THIS PROVES WHAT THIS OTHER THREAD https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-475944.0.html WAS TRYING TO ESTABLISH.

MAKE UNA DEY DO JEJELY O!!!

ONE LUV!!!! kiss kiss kiss wink cool
Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by MrAnus: 2:05pm On Jul 09, 2010
Save your ticket money and throw it in the dust bin
Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 09, 2010
When I saw the post I actually thought it had to do with delaying climax for those who cum early/have a small dick or something equally sexual , to think of it literally didn't even occur to me. Shior
Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by UNLEASHED(m): 3:38pm On Jul 09, 2010
pstchew!
Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 09, 2010
Mr Anus:

just cook the dog and then ship the bones, simple!!
Mr Anus:

Save your ticket money and throw it in the dust bin

This thread is intended for dog lovers who care & treat dogs like human beings like you.
Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by sandee575(f): 4:34pm On Jul 09, 2010
what a sissy idea
Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by MrAnus: 4:38pm On Jul 09, 2010
WHY WOULD U TREAT A DOG LIKE HUMAN WHEN U CAN EAT THEM? WHY? DOG MEAT IS GOOD FOR U, TRUSS ME
Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by occam(m): 8:44pm On Jul 09, 2010
Are you taking the dog to Nigeria? well, best of luck with Custom

na wa o! Man never get space to sleep, dog dey snore  cheesy
Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by snowdrops(m): 8:48pm On Jul 09, 2010
"Man Bites Dog": Dining on Dog Meat in Nigeria

According to Nigerian "chef" Bassey Umoh, eating dog meat can improve your sex life. Other common beliefs concerning canine cuisine include:

* It offers special protection against withcraft.
* It prevents poison from killing a person.
* It can cure malaria.

As a result of so much (mis-)information circling throughout Abuja, dogs are now becoming scarce in the capital city. In fact, many of Abuja's dog owners complain that their dogs have gone missing, suspicious that they're winding up in local dishes, like big dog pepper soup pot, which sells for roughly 80¢/plate.

Personally, I'd never dream of eating dog, as I would only be able to imagine the face of my own dear, sweet pup staring back at me. Further, I assume most Western travelers would have a reaction much like mine. For some Nigerians, however, eating dog meat is a question of culture. According to one man, "I hear they eat frogs in certain parts of the world. But I tell you, no matter how you cook or dress a frog, I can never eat it." Well, okay.

According to this bizarre but informative piece on the BBC, dog meat is so ingrained in Abuja's culture, that a substantial amount of slang slang has developed to support it, including the disarmingly amusing:
404: A dog is also called 404 after the French-built Peugeot pick-up van, a tribute to a dog's ability to run fast.
Headlights: A dish with the eyes of a dog as the most prominent component.
Gear Box: Dog's liver, heart and kidneys (usually more expensive than ordinary meat).
Tyre: A dog's legs. Mr Umoh claims that eating a 'tyre' makes you a fast runner.
Telephone: A dog's tail.
Sentencing: The act of clubbing a dog to death rather than slaughtering it.

Before you get all up-in-arms about Nigerains dining on dogs, be reminded that Nigeria isn't the only place in the world where dog is eaten. Would you eat it?

Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 09, 2010
Mr Anus:

WHY WOULD U TREAT A DOG LIKE HUMAN WHEN U CAN EAT THEM? WHY? DOG MEAT IS GOOD FOR U, TRUSS ME
Hmm, this is the reason why dogs bark at other dogs. cool
Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by manny4life(m): 12:37am On Jul 10, 2010
I can't believe all the anger and rage going all over this topic eh? Hmm I have never traveled with my dog not even if it was New York that is 4hrs drive away from me i.e. if I were driving let alone by plane but does not mean I'm opposed to the idea. So long they are small and sizable, I would just suggest you contact Customs and Border Patrol under DHS , because I wouldn't be worried about exiting the U.S. and entry into Nigeria, I would be more concerned about exit from Nigeria and entry back into the U.S. Although what you mentioned highlights certain requirements, but I believe there is a whole lot more to just that, but hey I wouldn't know because I never traveled with one, just looked through the webpage and came across it.
Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by member479760: 9:32am On Jul 11, 2010
roast it and u will be fine.
Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 13, 2010
U mention all ur procedure without talking of quarantine clearance,without dat ur PET goes no where
Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:51pm On Jul 13, 2010
[size=13pt]Going on a trip can be stressful enough without adding your dog to the mix. . . .darling i do really enjoyed reading your contribution to this thread . You know? here in France passport for pet's haven't been introduce and sometimes when im taking a trip i don't feel like leaving my lovely chihuahua behind but the most interesting thing is that , i have never travel a far journey without my pet going along with me . wink

These can vary quite a bit. Many airlines, like Air Tahiti Nui , require that animals be at least 8 weeks old at the time of travel. Most airlines say that an animal under 20 pounds (including the weight of the pet carrier) can be brought aboard as long as the carrier can fit underneath the seat. Some allow larger animals to be flown in the cargo hold, but not all. For instance Jetblue has an extensive JetPaws Pet Program but passengers can only bring a pet as carry-on.

Fees vary per carrier and can be anywhere from 75-200 Euro . A good resource for comparing airlines is http://www. PetTravel.com, which has the lowdown for every major carrier. Once you've narrowed your choices, go directly to the airline site to get the most updated rules. If you plan to have your dog in the cabin, it's important to make a reservation for your dog at the same time you are booking your flight, because every airline has a limited number of animals they will allow on board.
[/size]

mohawkchic:

~Do you have a Pet Passport for your Chihuahua?

~For points Siena raised,check out t his link :  http://www.saferpets.co.uk/all-about-pet-passport-scheme.html

[img]http://spaz.ca/media/vega_passport.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:02pm On Jul 13, 2010
[size=13pt]You have dog as pet. . . .? woww you must be an hero darling. . . couple of years ego i was having dog as pet but there came a certain time when i was on train i couldn't just get what exactly happened to ( Bruine ) that he start misbehaving baking and bogging inside the train disturbing my fellow passengers . . .really that day my dear pet behave as if he's seeing a ghost of a fellow dog he killed long some time ego. . . .well , the next thing i didn't find my bruine after he jumped through the window of the train to chase after an invisible object. . . .that was the last time i saw the mad dog! .

Later. . . .i heard from the new's a dog went and climb the tower of paris . . . so shocking because i knew only my pet can do such a thing . grin grin grin grin grin grin wink
[/size]

iice:

I envisioned paragliding when i saw the topic.
Yeah my next dogs. . .will get their papers in order so they can fly with moi cheesy
Didn't organize the papers of the ones i have now embarassed

Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by Newest: 7:43pm On Jul 24, 2010
Hey thats my Dog in that pikso grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by azorjiu(m): 9:25am On Aug 11, 2010
it's as easy as this

Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:15pm On Aug 13, 2010
[size=13pt]The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too. grin grin grin[/size]
Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by tolakolapo(f): 10:49pm On Jan 09, 2011
undecided
obojo:

im disappointed  sad   i thot i was going to learn how to fly using a small dog with some nigerian magic tricks,  think of all traffic and fuel costs i will have avoided,
cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:57pm On Jan 10, 2011
[size=13pt]Yeah , that dude sound so funny. . . .Alright dear , do you have a small dog? grin[/size]

tolakolapo:

undecided cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin

Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by psyyorki: 9:55pm On Mar 02, 2011
yorki wikipedia wszystko o yorkach york terier yorki sprzedam pies yorki pies yorkshire terrier york terier
Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:11pm On Mar 03, 2011
[size=13pt]What is that suppose to mean my dear . . . ? Well , thanks for sharing but i don't understand those links anyway.[/size]

psy_yorki:

yorki wikipedia wszystko o yorkach york terier yorki sprzedam pies yorki pies yorkshire terrier york terier
Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by Dlapsow: 6:54am On Mar 10, 2011
salon dla psów karma dla psów salon dla psów
schronisko dla psa schronisko dla psaschronisko dla psa ubrania dla psówschronisko dla psa ubrania dla psówschroniska dla psów hotel dla psówsklep zoologiczny dla psów salon dla psów fryzjer dla psów karma dla psówfryzjer dla psów schroniska dla psówkarmy dla psów karmy dla psów akcesoria dla psów ubrania dla psów akcesoria dla psów schronisko dla psa sklep zoologiczny dla psów hotel dla psów
Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by Ogaga4Luv(m): 7:03am On Mar 10, 2011
[size=13pt]Dla psow please , stop all these no-sense you are doing on my thread - please i said stop. i started this thread for a specific purpose and i want us to face it instead of going off topic.

You know i won't like this kind of behavior after reading my comment to psy_yorki , honestly speaking i dunno know what you guys are fa-bricking.
[/size]
Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by Nobody: 5:38pm On May 21, 2011
^^^ Ogaga, I think you're fighting a losing battle. Dla psow may well be a BOT.
Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:42am On May 28, 2011
[size=13pt]Siena dear you mean Dla psow of a thing is a SPAM BOT? common , i don't think so dear. . . grin[/size]
Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by OmoTier1(m): 11:36am On May 28, 2011
oh dear!
this is really a funny thread grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

@poster
you must be an adent dog lover grin
Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by Ogaga4Luv(m): 7:44pm On Jun 06, 2011
[size=13pt]Thank you my dear. . . .Yes , i love dogs so much- do you own a dog? grin grin wink[/size]

Omo_Tier1:

oh dear!
this is really a funny thread grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

@poster
you must be an adent dog lover grin
Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by hpadventuresclu: 5:05am On Apr 21, 2015
really very very funny thanks for sharing
Re: How To Fly With A Small Dog by fejeerow(f): 5:54pm On Dec 22, 2019
I have read all post.. but my question has not been answered. Can I travel with my dog on air within Nigeria? From one state to another?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Seeking Honest Advice: Considering Relocating Abroad - Need Your Thoughts / No Boeing 737 Max 8 Flying In Nigerian Airspace, Says NCAA / Nigerians Shun Domestic Air Travel Over Fear Of Crashes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.