Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,773 members, 7,831,486 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

10 Signs You Love Money Too Much - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Signs You Love Money Too Much (20908 Views)

Lust Of The Flesh, And Why It's Bad To Love Money / Signs You Are Losing Faith In God / 8 Signs You Are Under A Powerful Love Spell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Signs You Love Money Too Much by Nobody: 2:44am On Aug 05, 2018
1. You’re Obsessed with Becoming Rich
The concern here is not wealth itself; it is only the love of money that is evil. It is the compulsive and sometimes unethical pursuit of wealth that leads to ruin.
People with this heart attitude set themselves up for temptations and snares—“senseless and harmful desires” that can lead to destruction and may even cause them to “wander away” from trust in God (1 Timothy 6:9-10).

2. You Never Have Enough
Your checkbook may contain a mere hundred dollars, but you can still be a foolish money-lover.
Conversely, you can have a million bucks in the bank and be a fervent God-lover. It’s all a matter of the heart.
"I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances." - Philippians 4:11

3. You’re Living Beyond Your Means
This is a huge issue in a culture of abundance. Examine your checkbook, bank account, and credit card statements, and you’ll soon discover if this issue of greed is your heart problem.
Who is ruling us when we over-spend, or when we build up credit card debt and accumulate “beyond our means” to quickly repay? Proverbs 22:7 says “the borrower is the slave of the lender.”

4. You’re Becoming A Show-off.
It’s not a matter of “keeping up with the Joneses” now, but also the fashion trends of the Kardashians and the Hollywood crowd, and every enticement from Apple and the Shopping Channel and… it never ends!
The Bible says our unhealthy desires of the flesh, our constant cravings for things we see, and our pride in possessions are “not from the Father” (1 John 2:16).

5. You’re Characterized by Greed
You may not feel you are greedy, but how would others characterize you?
Do they see you as greedy, lacking a desire to give? Do they think you are generous and doing good to others? Do they see you storing up treasure in heaven, or simply accumulating things on earth?
"Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life." - 1 Timothy 6:18-19.

6. You’ve Forgotten the Source
We love money when our hope and security are misplaced, rooted in our financial accounts rather than the Lord. Those who find their security in their possessions may come emotionally unglued when their valuables fall apart or “thieves break in and steal” (Matthew 6:19).

7. Your Loyalties are Divided
When money or possessions drive you—like a slave-driver, like an addiction—you likely serve the idol of materialism.
John Calvin wrote, “Where riches hold the dominion of the heart, God has lost His authority.”
“For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also… No one can serve two masters… You cannot serve God and money” (Matthew 6:21, 24).

8. You’re Tempted to Sin
The love of money can lead us to many choices for sinful gain: cheating on taxes, shortchanging customers, padding expenses, etc.
Love of money clouds good judgment. Blinded by our greed and lusts, we may get caught in “a snare” (1 Timothy 6:9).

9. Your Life is Starting to Suffer
The love of money is a sinful root problem that bears bitter fruit. It’s not just problems with your bank account. There may be problems with relationships (family or friends). Problems may arise with your health because of the stress of obsessively pursuing wealth.

10. You’re Wondering If You Need Counsel
Fools don’t see the need for advice, but wise people listen to and even pursue it (Proverbs 12:15).
If you’re beginning to see problems arise because of your financial choices, first pay attention to the truth about finances in God’s Word and then place your confidence in the Lord (Proverbs 16:20).

It’s not wrong to have wealth. It’s only wrong when wealth “has” us!

Source: https://www.crosswalk.com/family/finances/planning/10-signs-you-love-money.html?amp=1

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Signs You Love Money Too Much by CodeTemplar: 3:44am On Aug 05, 2018
11. When you seek short cut to get things done.
12. You don't see anything wrong in gambling, prostituting, dealing and other activities that don't help provide human needs but wants.
13. When you ask God to bless you with wealth but don't seek for wisdom to help solve problem of human needs or get noble things done.
14. when you start blowing more than 10% of your earnings on wants like women, flashy jewelry, drinks and show offs but debate 10% tithe with God.
15. When you start prioritizing things of money more than things of God.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Signs You Love Money Too Much by Katier00(f): 5:15am On Aug 05, 2018
Beautiful write up. Everybody loves money. Everybody loves to make money and everybody wants more but not everybody can go the extra mile to make money

7 Likes

Re: 10 Signs You Love Money Too Much by Nobody: 7:00am On Aug 05, 2018
The truth is - No one likes money. Everyone deserves a good life. Greed and pursuit of "the things of the world" should be encouraged. That's the fastest way to grow the economy.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Signs You Love Money Too Much by chiommy123(f): 7:10am On Aug 05, 2018
true. sometimes in our life's we focus more on our physical needs than our spiritual needs.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Signs You Love Money Too Much by Nobody: 7:24am On Aug 05, 2018
When you use all your savings play baba Ijebu finish

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs You Love Money Too Much by Nobody: 8:08am On Aug 05, 2018
Katier00:
Beautiful write up. Everybody loves money. Everybody loves to make money and everybody wants more but not everybody can go the extra mile to make money

Does it cost an extra mile to make money? Exceeding boundaries?
Re: 10 Signs You Love Money Too Much by Katier00(f): 9:01am On Aug 05, 2018
Realberg:

Does it cost an extra mile to make money? Exceeding boundaries?
yes, killing, robbery and co

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Signs You Love Money Too Much by Redoil: 9:07am On Aug 05, 2018
emrain:
The truth is - No one likes money. Everyone deserves a good life. Greed and pursuit of "the things of the world" should be encouraged. That's the fastest way to grow the economy.
capitalism

2 Likes

Re: 10 Signs You Love Money Too Much by itiswellandwell: 9:21am On Aug 05, 2018
When you are always eyeing customers money as a banker. Happy Sunday folks!

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs You Love Money Too Much by Immorttal: 9:22am On Aug 05, 2018
With money you think and behave more like a classic and modern human, without money your thinking, mindset and confidence deteriorates to an alarming low and bullsh!t becomes normal to you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Signs You Love Money Too Much by yeyeboi(m): 9:22am On Aug 05, 2018
Ok
Re: 10 Signs You Love Money Too Much by Nobody: 9:22am On Aug 05, 2018
Kikikiki
When i read the first line, i know its gonna have a bible backing.
Don't love Money and Money will rape you

2 Likes

Re: 10 Signs You Love Money Too Much by Menace2Society(m): 9:23am On Aug 05, 2018
IPOB amaka !
Re: 10 Signs You Love Money Too Much by dingbang(m): 9:24am On Aug 05, 2018
itiswellandwell:
When you are always eyeing customers money as a banker. Happy Sunday folks!
yeah that's true.
Re: 10 Signs You Love Money Too Much by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 05, 2018
Na u sabi
Re: 10 Signs You Love Money Too Much by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 05, 2018
Without Money I wonder what one would be doing in this Life

2 Likes

Re: 10 Signs You Love Money Too Much by zicoraads: 9:31am On Aug 05, 2018
Okay.

We've heard.

I'm guilty!

I'm also in my house, come and beat me. undecided

5 Likes

Re: 10 Signs You Love Money Too Much by amostheo(m): 9:35am On Aug 05, 2018
Nice write~up (y)
Re: 10 Signs You Love Money Too Much by Houseofglam7(f): 9:36am On Aug 05, 2018
Allow me to love money undecided

I love you money!!!!!
Let's never break up

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Signs You Love Money Too Much by Jabioro: 9:36am On Aug 05, 2018
I love money,power,women,position,fame and be a leader to the core,ask king Solomon he can explained better.Do not preach the book of eccl..to me (vanity upon vanity) and l refused to listen to your every seasons; all because they have there before,they would like to perpetually held down so that you can't match them..Tell Tinubu,Saraki,Akpabio,Kwankwaso and many others with power of money,positn that they are greed..Jafori!
Re: 10 Signs You Love Money Too Much by neweraomo: 9:47am On Aug 05, 2018
You forgot to mention,when you want Buhari to win 2019 election
Re: 10 Signs You Love Money Too Much by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 05, 2018
All points apply to me except 3 4 8 10. I can't deal with that
Re: 10 Signs You Love Money Too Much by holluwai(m): 10:21am On Aug 05, 2018
Have enough money, help the needy, don’t be greedy so much that it affects others. Touch lives and don’t forget yourself.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Signs You Love Money Too Much by PenlsCaP: 10:33am On Aug 05, 2018
Hmm
Re: 10 Signs You Love Money Too Much by Nobody: 10:40am On Aug 05, 2018
There's no such thing as loving money too much.

You either want it or you don't.
Re: 10 Signs You Love Money Too Much by pweshdodo(m): 10:43am On Aug 05, 2018
Ogun owo(ritual) is allowed jor
Shebi Na my scrotums I go use wink,typical thinking of ibo people cheesy especially Calabar people grin
Re: 10 Signs You Love Money Too Much by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 05, 2018
Houseofglam7:
Allow me to love money undecided

I love you money!!!!!
Let's never break up

Money Loves anyone who works for it and induces on it a multiplying effect through investments. Good Day.

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs You Love Money Too Much by millionboi(m): 11:51am On Aug 05, 2018
Realberg:
1. You’re Obsessed with Becoming Rich
The concern here is not wealth itself; it is only the love of money that is evil. It is the compulsive and sometimes unethical pursuit of wealth that leads to ruin.
People with this heart attitude set themselves up for temptations and snares—“senseless and harmful desires” that can lead to destruction and may even cause them to “wander away” from trust in God (1 Timothy 6:9-10).

2. You Never Have Enough
Your checkbook may contain a mere hundred dollars, but you can still be a foolish money-lover.
Conversely, you can have a million bucks in the bank and be a fervent God-lover. It’s all a matter of the heart.
"I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances." - Philippians 4:11

3. You’re Living Beyond Your Means
This is a huge issue in a culture of abundance. Examine your checkbook, bank account, and credit card statements, and you’ll soon discover if this issue of greed is your heart problem.
Who is ruling us when we over-spend, or when we build up credit card debt and accumulate “beyond our means” to quickly repay? Proverbs 22:7 says “the borrower is the slave of the lender.”

4. You’re Becoming A Show-off.
It’s not a matter of “keeping up with the Joneses” now, but also the fashion trends of the Kardashians and the Hollywood crowd, and every enticement from Apple and the Shopping Channel and… it never ends!
The Bible says our unhealthy desires of the flesh, our constant cravings for things we see, and our pride in possessions are “not from the Father” (1 John 2:16).

5. You’re Characterized by Greed
You may not feel you are greedy, but how would others characterize you?
Do they see you as greedy, lacking a desire to give? Do they think you are generous and doing good to others? Do they see you storing up treasure in heaven, or simply accumulating things on earth?
"Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life." - 1 Timothy 6:18-19.

6. You’ve Forgotten the Source
We love money when our hope and security are misplaced, rooted in our financial accounts rather than the Lord. Those who find their security in their possessions may come emotionally unglued when their valuables fall apart or “thieves break in and steal” (Matthew 6:19).

7. Your Loyalties are Divided
When money or possessions drive you—like a slave-driver, like an addiction—you likely serve the idol of materialism.
John Calvin wrote, “Where riches hold the dominion of the heart, God has lost His authority.”
“For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also… No one can serve two masters… You cannot serve God and money” (Matthew 6:21, 24).

8. You’re Tempted to Sin
The love of money can lead us to many choices for sinful gain: cheating on taxes, shortchanging customers, padding expenses, etc.
Love of money clouds good judgment. Blinded by our greed and lusts, we may get caught in “a snare” (1 Timothy 6:9).

9. Your Life is Starting to Suffer
The love of money is a sinful root problem that bears bitter fruit. It’s not just problems with your bank account. There may be problems with relationships (family or friends). Problems may arise with your health because of the stress of obsessively pursuing wealth.

10. You’re Wondering If You Need Counsel
Fools don’t see the need for advice, but wise people listen to and even pursue it (Proverbs 12:15).
If you’re beginning to see problems arise because of your financial choices, first pay attention to the truth about finances in God’s Word and then place your confidence in the Lord (Proverbs 16:20).

It’s not wrong to have wealth. It’s only wrong when wealth “has” us!

Source: https://www.crosswalk.com/family/finances/planning/10-signs-you-love-money.html?amp=1
OP u are confused.
Re: 10 Signs You Love Money Too Much by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 05, 2018
millionboi:
OP u are confused.
Is that your state of mind?
Re: 10 Signs You Love Money Too Much by millionboi(m): 11:58am On Aug 05, 2018
Realberg:

Is that your state of mind?
u very very confused,

How can some one obsessed to make money be accused to b living above his means

(1) (2) (Reply)

Paying Tithe To Widows And Orphans / Re:The Only Saviour / 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.