Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,149 members, 7,849,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:09 AM

Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times (38956 Views)

Sen. President Goodwill Akpabio the worst senate president? / It’s My Turn To Be Senate President - Orji Uzor Kalu Declares / Why I Want To Be Senate President – Ndume (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by megareal: 12:23pm On Aug 05, 2018
BafanaBafana:
Akpabio is a very straight forward guy. He is not a betrayer like some other people. I learnt he even informed Saraki of his decison to defect. Those are the kind of people one can trust. He belongs to the APC

You don't know Akpabio at all. cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by Almaiga: 12:24pm On Aug 05, 2018
noeloge82:

But bro do u think that the senate majority lead will fold his arms watch akpabio take a seat he has been eyeing

I don't think akpabio can change the structure which disentangle favour south south for the Senate president
This is a give and take calculation. The Senate leader has nothing to loose if Akpabio emerges as the next SP. APC is trying to shift the SP position to either the South South or the South East. This is to cajole more Legislatures to the APC.
Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by megareal: 12:26pm On Aug 05, 2018
noeloge82:

But bro do u think that the senate majority lead will fold his arms watch akpabio take a seat he has been eyeing

I don't think akpabio can change the structure which disentangle favour south south for the Senate president

What Akpabio wants, Akpabio gets. If his eyes are on the Senate president seat, be assured he will get it. The guy plays a smart game and has a heavy weight backing that can never be seen with the eyes. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by megareal: 12:30pm On Aug 05, 2018
akanbiaa:
His successor is likely to decamp and follow his boss.

Nope, they are at crossroads currently. He feels Udom has betrayed him hence, one of
his main reasons for decamping. He will play a dirty game to try and install a more favourable candidate to his cause, vis a viz covering the crazy looting in Akwa Ibom during his tenure. If he's given the party structure in the state, Nsima can never emerge the APC candidate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by GuntersChain(m): 12:32pm On Aug 05, 2018
apc should thread cautiously.
Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by phase1: 12:38pm On Aug 05, 2018
DEHVEHLOP:

SONSOMEGRIGBO is actually right that ILLITERACY REIGN SUPREME IN IGBOLAND

But WAEC and Jamb statistics disagree with you. According to statistics osun is dragging the totem pole with the likes of Yobe and borno in education indices. Cry die! cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by romme2u: 12:39pm On Aug 05, 2018
Bizibi:
The man is on a mission.....

cheesy

very serious covert mission

Have you noticed that the persecution of Saraki has slowed down?

Akpabio decides to become the sacrificial lamb for Saraki defection to be forgotten.........moreover he has mortal enemies at the state level APC that needs to be check-mated

1 Like

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 05, 2018
Baawaa:
Nigeria's politicians and their self interest

It's same worldwide.

The world runs on personal interests.
Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by Bizibi(m): 12:45pm On Aug 05, 2018
romme2u:

cheesy

very serious covert mission

Have you noticed that the persecution of Saraki has slowed down?

Akpabio decides to become the sacrificial lamb for Saraki defection to be forgotten.........moreover he has mortal enemies at the state level APC that needs to be check-mated
yes!! I fear men like him,tinubu,babangida,obj and ibori.....
Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by phase1: 12:45pm On Aug 05, 2018
'My dear Akpabio, you are now a frogressive, you can no kip all ya billions. I ashuya you, I will ask magu and EFCC to stop the inbestigasion of ya kwarrupt practices while you were in fee-dee-fee'- Muhamadu buhari to Godswill Akpabio August 5, 2018.
Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by Caseless: 12:48pm On Aug 05, 2018
markidoo:
I just wonder how he will campaign for Nsima Ekere against his successor Udom
that's the easiest thing to do. Peter campaigned for obaze last time against obiano.

1 Like

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by unbiase(m): 12:50pm On Aug 05, 2018
Nigeria will never be good again unless we change our attitudes.Virtually all Nigerians can sell their right for a pot of stew.hence the continued applause of all these greedy polithifcians.in a sane society revolution is the solution,but not in Nigerian.I pity this country walahi

2 Likes

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by Bakerdav: 12:52pm On Aug 05, 2018
wiseone28:
Akpabio will decamp una say fake news.
Akpabio want be Senate president una say fake news.
Which one will you believe? Mr Thomas
my oga he can decamp but can never be senate President that what am saying ok
Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by phase1: 12:52pm On Aug 05, 2018
unbiase:
Nigeria will never be good again unless we change our attitudes.Virtually all Nigerians can sell their right for a pot of stew.hence the continued applause of all these greedy polithifcians.in a sane society revolution is the solution,but not in Nigerian.I pity this country walahi

The contraption is rotten beyond redemption. No principle whatsover. An average nigerian is criminally minded.

2 Likes

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by diliekene: 12:59pm On Aug 05, 2018
life2017:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/south-south-regional/278890-akpabio-defecting-to-apc-buharis-aide-connfirms.html
APC just showed PDP that two can play this game am might not vote next year but i have to say nigeria political terrain is looking like games of thrones i wonder who would be starks in this
Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by Johnnyessence(m): 1:00pm On Aug 05, 2018
writeprof:

Let's hope the ND/SS PDP put its house in order. Is APC really concerned about Nigerdelta/SS development/people? My observation was confirmed recently that the APC govt has decided to pick Akwa Ibom/Cross River as their partners/collaborators in the 'settlement' of the South South so Akpabio issue fits in.
lol Akpabio have been looking for the senate president since, that was why he decamped to Apc. Akpabio that was one of the politicians that support reelection of udom emmanuel of pdp. well let us keep our fingers crossed.

1 Like

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by Johnnyessence(m): 1:05pm On Aug 05, 2018
Turboking:
my phool friend,speak for your constituency. u cannot hold brief for the entire state as its stands,talkless of a region,perhaps Edo is in north west
nairaland politician always amazed me alot. most of them didn't have pvc, and they will be coming here to narrate their analysis they never conduct any survey on. niger delta people are always in support of pdp.
Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by CioAngels(f): 1:05pm On Aug 05, 2018
BafanaBafana:
Akpabio is a very straight forward guy. He is not a betrayer like some other people. I learnt he even informed Saraki of his decison to defect. Those are the kind of people one can trust. He belongs to the APC
But he is thief and land grabbing man.
Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by Johnnyessence(m): 1:07pm On Aug 05, 2018
Butterflyleo:

And you believed dickson same way you foolishly believed saraki.

Your 2019 version of tears is loading. Remember I warned you.

Ebonyi, cross river and Enugu States governors are also about to join APC.

Your burial is in 2019
since the baba oloye decamping to pdp, you have never get yourself . he is still the senate president. so far so good, the state governors you mentioned about are of Pdp. non of them haven't said that they will join Apc. let us keep our fingers crossed.
Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by CioAngels(f): 1:10pm On Aug 05, 2018
He defeat, but not have his way, just like Oshiomhole, he will ruin APC, They say once beaten twice shy, i pity APC. He will steal, acquire the whole of Nigeria, as in Tinubu brother.
Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by Turboking(m): 1:17pm On Aug 05, 2018
Johnnyessence:
nairaland politician always amazed me alot. most of them didn't have pvc, and they will be coming here to narrate their analysis they never conduct any survey on. niger delta people are always in support of pdp.
change they say is constant ,same way the south west was AD years back but now the narratives are changing,pendulum swinging,don't be caught on the the otherside(right wing politicians) wake up already..if u know u knw

1 Like

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 05, 2018
Almaiga:
If Akpabio is joining the APC for his desire to become a Senate president, so be it. The APC is a free party, everybody can aspire to become what ever he wishes, with no restriction.
Akpabio is a wise man.

Nigerians are wiser now.
Why tinubu wan impose gbajamiala as Senate President?
Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by Duru009(m): 1:23pm On Aug 05, 2018
If Akpabio moves to APC, he will certainly work against the APC during the presidential election and support the PDP !

He is only doing this NOW to escape the EFCC !

Mark my word !
Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by abescom: 1:26pm On Aug 05, 2018
robotix:

What was the statement about bro? And link or reference?
I saw it on facebook and I have been searching for you and others can't find it again right now.
Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by Cjrane2: 1:27pm On Aug 05, 2018
The use of EFCC to threaten politicians into joining APC will still fail.

Politicians that fall for such should know they just have a temporary reprieve as the day of reckoning will still come

Akpabio should have defended his innocence than succumb to threat of EFCC unless he joined APC.

1 Like

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by Johnnyessence(m): 1:37pm On Aug 05, 2018
Turboking:
change they say is constant ,same way the south west was AD years back but now the narratives are changing,pendulum swinging,don't be caught on the the otherside(right wing politicians) wake up already..if u know u knw
since when Niger delta people have been supporting pdp. so it is the decamping of akpabio that will now convince niger delta people to votes for Apc baa. i can see one of the nairaland politician here. not difficult to sight them here. besides in south west zone, not yoruba people go with tinubu Apc party. alot of people have left Apc. there are still AD, ADC and other parties too..
Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by diegwu02: 1:37pm On Aug 05, 2018
Juliusmalema:
Imagine

Akpabio is not going back to the Senate in 2019.
Says who?
Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by Afamed: 1:39pm On Aug 05, 2018
Johnnyessence:
And Apc will give him the senate president seat. hmmm i just dey smile. Niger delta people are pdp are pdp people. they will felt that Akpabio betray his people. Dickson in bayelsa state have said it times without number that Niger delta state are all pdp states. let us see how it unfold.
Jonnyessense, my friend. When did you become a political analyst despite all your failed permutations in Edo , Ondo and recently Ekiti states elections? Between where is Gov Eleka of Ekiti state?

1 Like

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by figment232(m): 1:44pm On Aug 05, 2018
KenOne:
APC should not make that mistake again of handing a PDP new comer the party structure. The party structure should remain with Nsima Ekere NDDC boss.

Unless they want another betrayal like Saraki, Tambuwal and Dogara after 2019 election. The best they could do for Akpabio is to give him ticket back to senate and a major stakeholder.
Akpabio is a big fish he can't be in APC and be taking orders from Nsima.
Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by Tundeobama(m): 1:45pm On Aug 05, 2018
Duru009:
If Akpabio moves to APC, he will certainly work against the APC during the presidential election and support the PDP !

He is only doing this NOW to escape the EFCC !

Mark my word !
which word he will campaign for his party let me tell you south south has more political knowledge than east reason why the hv gej they are playing a smart game against 2023.East are so golible supporting saraki when the post is meant for them now akpabio is in for it.i can say categorycally akpabio is the biggest politician in the south south his people love him go and check his infrastructure achievement he will win with any party and to add akpabio is love massively even in southwest.

2 Likes

Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by deji17: 1:45pm On Aug 05, 2018
robotix:

And you are happy that a president could utter such Abi? Tomorrow you will say Nigeria go better. Many of you don't see or know how you contribute to the down fall of this country.

Shebi u go born and ur pikin go dey this naija... All of us go continue to suffer am.

Wetin the President said can be easily misinterpreted. No be wetin he say, but the thing wey him do. 2nd Niger Bridge has moved from Paper display wey PDP leave am to actual site construction. Many Federal roads abandoned by PDP are receiving attention and under construction.
Leave sentiments, and face the facts.
Re: Goodwill Akpabio Wants To Be Senate President By Joining APC - Premium Times by deji17: 1:49pm On Aug 05, 2018
Tundeobama:

which word he will campaign for his party let me tell you south south has more political knowledge than east reason why the hv gej they are playing a smart game against 2023.East are so golible supporting saraki when the post is meant for them now akpabio is in for it.i can say categorycally akpabio is the biggest politician in the south south his people love him go and check his infrastructure achievement he will win with any party and to add akpabio is love massively even in southwest.

Abi o. Cash and carry politics and politics of bad belle is the bane of the South East.
Na there dem dey, someone from the minority tribe becameNigeria President. Like play, like play, another minority south south will clinch Senate President seat before their eyes...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NAN Returns New Innoson Bus, Says It’s Faulty And Second Time / Governor El-Rufai Carries His Children On His Back / Rivers High Court Bombed And Set Ablaze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.