Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,412 members, 7,830,090 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake (59435 Views)

Adeboye: I Will Receive COVID-19 Vaccine For The Sake Of The Gospel / RCCG Orders “Genital Test” For Members That Want To Marry / A Journalist Has Revealed What Pastors Are Doing With Tithes And Offerings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by benedictac(f): 12:31pm On Aug 05, 2018
Lagosfinder:
yet still pray and care

Mention your pastor and show appreciation

I could just see my pastor, Pastor John Lawrence of Christ-Like Gospel Crusaders Ministry, Jabi Abuja. He's a Shepard that goes hungry for his sheep to it. God bless him
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by Bestway10: 12:33pm On Aug 05, 2018
Lol

Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by 8stargeneral: 12:35pm On Aug 05, 2018
D greatest mistake I make dis year is to open dis thread cry cry
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by Unrated900(m): 12:35pm On Aug 05, 2018
Anyone here who say bad about Jesus as pharaoh and his entourage perished so shall you all be...we don’t fight war like your own messiah did.our own has come to save the world.better you all learn and don’t perish like Goliath.
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 05, 2018
Lagosfinder:
yet still pray and care

Mention your pastor and show appreciation

Is that why pastors use private jets and mobile police as security while they sell shouting colour apron, olive oil (which I use in cooking @ home) and annointing water to their members
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by Daboomb: 12:38pm On Aug 05, 2018
mixta14:

Pastors no dey carry gun put fir members head to pay all these money na

Same way Shakau, the Boko Haram Leader, did not put gun to the heads of those suicide bombers, to go kill themselves, yet they do it so willingly!

It is called BRAIN-WASHING.

Mugun still plenty for Ground.

"Religion is like the Opium (heroine) drug, give it ot the people and they will be more docile than Sheep". grin grin

Think about it: In Nigeria, churches are growing in numbers, yet Poverty is also increasing at an alarming rate!
In places like China, Europe, Asia, America, etc,Religion is on the wane yet their llevel of poverty is decreasing and the 'over-religious' Nigerians are running there?

Something MUST be wrong with the way we practice religion, so much so God must be laughing at our stupidity.

1 Like

Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by Tintinnoty(m): 12:39pm On Aug 05, 2018
ADENIKETINA2015:
I think I've seen that face in a Yoruba movie.
Right, he was a Yoruba actor before his death

1 Like

Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by Daboomb: 12:43pm On Aug 05, 2018
Unrated900:
Anyone here who say bad about Jesus as pharaoh and his entourage perished so shall you all be...we don’t fight war like your own messiah did.our own has come to save the world.better you all learn and don’t perish like Goliath.

You dont need to swear, l am a Christian like you.

Let them say any bad about Jesus Christ, it does not change our Jesus nor does it add/remove anything from him.
That is why Christians are different! We dont need to fight on behalf of Jesus, because he is just too powerful a foe for anyone.

And dont forget that when Simon Peter tried to fight on-behalf of Jesus (by cutting-off the ear of that blasphemous person), Jesus repremanded him and put the ear back in place.
As a Christian, you must ALWAYS follow the example of Christ. That is what makes you a real Christian.... not by mouth only

NB: l am not saying if somebori misyarn, that you should not give them a brain-resetting slap o, grin grin grin

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 05, 2018
Juliusmalema:

They are not fake....?

They are all fakes

Correct me if am right....
It will be difficult to detect a genuine prophet or pastor talk more original. It is best we don't classify them fake because we might end accusing them falsely.
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 05, 2018
lakeside3020:

May God mercy on your soul (Amen)

And may God deliver u and furnish with wisdom to understand.

1 Like

Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by potoX: 12:47pm On Aug 05, 2018
AnonyNymous:

I can only imagine what they have to go through. . .in those horrible private jets and the tortures of the giant mansions they have to live in.
Cc capslocked grin
This is classic wickedness grin
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 05, 2018
Unrated900:
@juliusmalema, why must you tagged Oyedepo and Adeboye fake pastors and others.wont you just shut your mouth and don’t let something else befall you through your mouth.is It a crime for someone to be rich.because you are poor means you should condemn them
Abiii.it you don’t go to church dosent means you should start calling names here mugu

May God deliver u from the shackles of these fake pastors.

I will always pray 4 ur redemption.
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by Nobody: 12:49pm On Aug 05, 2018
peacettw:

The one true shepherd remains God and not man. He will never deceive you. Jesus paid the ultimate price through his death. A picture deifying a "pastor" with multiple stab wounds as Jesus is just blasphemy.
The bolded part is absolutely wrong. Those pictures are mere drawings. They portray how Jesus look like. Jesus is the true shepherd no doubt about that but the physical shepherd on planet earth are pastors. Even the bible say their judgement will be stricter than others( James 3:1)
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 05, 2018
asuustrike2009:

It will be difficult to detect a genuine prophet or pastor talk more original. It is best we don't classify them fake because we might end accusing them falsely.

No we not

We are right...they are all fake
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by sshyne(m): 12:50pm On Aug 05, 2018
This OP is a goat

1 Like

Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 05, 2018
Juliusmalema:

No we not

We are right...they are all fake
They are not fake. You have no backing from the scriptures to call them fake. Secondly it is advisable you leave them for God to deal with instead of bothering yourself about who is fake or not. The same way we have fake pastors is same way we have fake members. It takes fake member to detect fake pastors grin cheesy
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 05, 2018
kazyhm:

Carry your wahala and go
You know the truth
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by kazyhm(m): 12:55pm On Aug 05, 2018
asuustrike2009:

You know the truth
of course yes......we both know
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 05, 2018
benedictac:

I could just see my pastor, Pastor John Lawrence of Christ-Like Gospel Crusaders Ministry, Jabi Abuja. He's a Shepard that goes hungry for his sheep to it. God bless him

I loose u from today from the grip of ur pastor lawrence.

Grace.

1 Like

Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by lonlytroy(m): 1:01pm On Aug 05, 2018
Prayer is the key
Jesus started with prayer
And end up with prayer
So prayer is the master key
Hallelujah
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 05, 2018
asuustrike2009:

They are not fake. You have no backing from the scriptures to call them fake. Secondly it is advisable you leave them for God to deal with instead of bothering yourself about who is fake or not. The same way we have fake pastors is same way we have fake members. It takes fake member to detect fake pastors[b][/b] grin cheesy

I need laugh this last sentence.....but. There is nothing like fake member....

And to the main....we can no longer leave the judgement for God while these so called pastors continues to exploit and milk unsuspecting members
Of their meagere resources......

Th church in Jerusalem and that in damascus as of then is totally different from the redeem and winners in Nigeria today.....we have to strictly pass judgement on these chief executive officers of various churches they are managing and hold them responsible for every thing fake that emanates from them....and I must remind u that nobody called them...they call themselves......

Pls these men represent everything fake.....
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by bigocean(m): 1:24pm On Aug 05, 2018
Daboomb:

Abeg, Stop this lies!

The Bible teaches that EVERY KNEE can knell down and acknowledge Jesus Christ and pray in his name, and all issues will get resolved, if you have the faith.

it has nothing to do with any Pastor, except you are calling the Bible a liar.
Jesus himself asked peter 3 times if he(peter) loved him(Jesus). Those three times peter replied in the affirmative and in each of his replies Jesus gave him a charge.

1st time: Take care of my sheep
2nd time: Look after my sheep
3rd time: Feed my sheep

Now ask yourself why does Jesus not think his sheep's could take care of themselves Since they could kneel and ask anything.
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by BluntBoy(m): 1:25pm On Aug 05, 2018
mixta14:

Bro, are you trying to tell me that you have never heard about what they call BRAINWASHING or INDOCTRINATION before?

Do scammers put guns to people's heads before swindling them of their hard earned money? How do you think Boko Haram members are convinced to fight and die for Allah? Guns were not put to their heads, instead they were promised virgins in heaven. They were brainwashed.

It is the same thing that happens with pastors. First, they brainwash you with the verse "touch not my anointed and do my prophets no harm". With this verse, they put fear into you. You become scared to criticize them even if they have committed a horrible crime.

Then, to collect your money, they scare you with devourers, hell and death.

For example, Oritsejafor told his followers that they would die young if they don't pay tithe. (no one wants to die young).

Adeboye told his followers that non tithers can't make heaven (everyone wants to make heaven).

Oyedepo told his followers that tithes and seed sowing are used to open kingdom blessings (of course, everyone wants to prosper).

You can see how brainwashing works. It is like a scammer promising you huge profits if you can join a business. He sweet talks you into trusting him and before you know it, you have given him all your money. He didn't have to put a gun to your head to make you part with your money.

Remember MMM? How many people put in money because there was a gun to their heads?

1 Like

Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by payman(m): 1:31pm On Aug 05, 2018
peacettw:
Gullible followers.
The moment we all will realize that our church leaders are not gods but mere men, the quicker our liberation from mental slavery.

Please, if you are a Christian, worship God in spirit and in truth. Jesus paid the ultimate price through his death. You do not need these self proclaimed men of God with multiple stab wounds to take you there. Study the Bible, seek the truth, enrich your minds and above all free yourself from these wolves in sheep's clothings.

**Modification
The person who created this post clearly had an ulterior motive which is to encourage the slandering of Christianity on this forum and to drive traffic. I hope your mission dies miserably.
seriously i dnt even knw d right words with which i can express hw impressed i am at wat u wrote.God bless u for me.i wish all christians can reason the way u do.
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by stacyadams: 1:44pm On Aug 05, 2018
mixta14:

members always want to form they re doing well,so pastors understand this.so when they call tithe,and seed .u see every coming out.some churches use envelop for offerings and congregation go dey codedly put 50 and 100 naira offerings,so some churches prefer shouting ..if u want to give God 5000 pls stand up..lol..people go wan form bosses and some pastors know em people...religion the greatest scam of all time
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by stacyadams: 1:47pm On Aug 05, 2018
BluntBoy:

Bro, are you trying to tell me that you have never heard about what they call BRAINWASHING or INDOCTRINATION before?

Do scammers put guns to people's heads before swindling them of their hard earned money? How do you think Boko Haram members are convinced to fight and die for Allah? Guns were not put to their heads, instead they were promised virgins in heaven. They were brainwashed.

It is the same thing that happens with pastors. First, they brainwash you with the verse "touch not my anointed and do my prophets no harm". With this verse, they put fear into you. You become scared to criticize them even if they have committed a horrible crime.

Then, to collect your money, they scare you with devourers, hell and death.

For example, Oritsejafor told his followers that they would die young if they don't pay tithe. (no one wants to die young).

Adeboye told his followers that non tithers can't make heaven (everyone wants to make heaven).

Oyedepo told his followers that tithes and seed sowing are used to open kingdom blessings (of course, everyone wants to prosper).

You can see how brainwashing works. It is like a scammer promising you huge profits if you can join a business. He sweet talks you into trusting him and before you know it, you have given him all your money. He didn't have to put a gun to your head to make you part with your money.

Remember MMM? How many people put in money because there was a gun to their heads?
one bottle of origin for u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by Daboomb: 1:56pm On Aug 05, 2018
bigocean:
Jesus himself asked peter 3 times if he(peter) loved him(Jesus). Those three times peter replied in the affirmative and in each of his replies Jesus gave him a charge.

1st time: Take care of my sheep
2nd time: Look after my sheep
3rd time: Feed my sheep

Now ask yourself why does Jesus not think his sheep's could take care of themselves Since they could kneel and ask anything.

This is where you intentionally try to be micheivious!

Take care, Look after, feed (my sheep) are injuctions to those who want to lead (Sheperd) but it doesnot make them the OWNER of the Sheep.

Only Jesus owns the Sheep and it is by his ransom sacrifice, that anyone can and will be saved.

Anything after that is spiritual balsphemy.

1 Like

Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by Dasherz(f): 1:59pm On Aug 05, 2018
Am I supposed to show appreciation to a fellow man or to God? ... Seriously I respect my pastor but he's not the one figuring my battles. God is
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by Tedassie(m): 2:00pm On Aug 05, 2018
Jesus is our Saviour and our burden bearer. Shikena

Meanwhile for exciting travel deals that won't bore a hole through your pocket... Check my signature
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by Leonbonapart(m): 2:08pm On Aug 05, 2018
peacettw:
Gullible followers.
The moment we all will realize that our church leaders are not gods but mere men, the quicker our liberation from mental slavery.

Please, if you are a Christian, worship God in spirit and in truth. Jesus paid the ultimate price through his death. You do not need these self proclaimed men of God with multiple stab wounds to take you there. Study the Bible, seek the truth, enrich your minds and above all free yourself from these wolves in sheep's clothings.

**Modification
The person who created this post clearly had an ulterior motive which is to encourage the slandering of Christianity on this forum and to drive traffic. I hope your mission dies miserably.
may God direct out of the path of such ladies. Amen
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 05, 2018
kazyhm:
Yeye.......the pastor takes the calling upon himself......nobody send him
HoHa! But on a more serious note members are their slaves.
Re: What Pastors Go Through For Members Sake by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 05, 2018
2019elections:
You could av as well showed how congregation labour to get their tithes and offerings.

OP, why!!!
Op na part of them slave masters na.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Women Working At Church Children's Chapel (Photos) / Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts / Pastor David Elijah: What You Don't Know About The 'Bulletproof' Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.