Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,408 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

How Is Life In Belgium? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Is Life In Belgium? (5926 Views)

Anyone Studying In Belgium? / Living In Belgium As A Nigerian Student / Is Life Really Better Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Is Life In Belgium? by B3sty(m): 4:11am On Jun 20, 2010
Hello fellow Landers! Pls, i would like to make enquires for a gud friend of mine who's abt travelling to Belgium to hussle. Though he's stil weighing anoda option if there r skools that 'll admit him on a yr course be it Vocational/ Language study. He also wants to knw d cost of schooling, living, job prospects, . . . . .in belgium. Pls help out and God bless u all.
Cheers!
Re: How Is Life In Belgium? by niceguy10: 12:52pm On Jun 20, 2010
Your friend must come here and find out for himself, why useing you?

1 Like

Re: How Is Life In Belgium? by wip4: 3:51pm On Jun 20, 2010
he is the PA of his friend and he gets paid pa msg deliverd.
Re: How Is Life In Belgium? by B3sty(m): 6:45pm On Jun 20, 2010
@niceguy10 & wip4. Tx for ur post, i really appreciate ya comments. Hope its nt a crime to help a friend in need, lol
@All, credible info pls, ONE 9ja!
Re: How Is Life In Belgium? by wendytilda(f): 11:56pm On Sep 30, 2011
Hello, just posted this on a similar topic so I just copied and pasted it here….
-University of Antwerp is actually a good school.  A lot of Africans storm in there at this time of the year (September) for several Masters programs. Though I don’t live in Antwerp, I work and go to church there so I know quite a bit about the city. I think Antwerp is one of the cities in Belgium that you’re least likely to experience racism because of its high international cultural influence.  There are plenty of student jobs but of course the language (Dutch/Flemish) could be a little barrier. I say little barrier cause majority of the Flemish people  esp. students/young people understand and speak English fluently, it’s just getting hired for the job that might be a bit of an issue cause officially you’d have to be interviewed in Flemish, unless it’s an international company.  As for the cost of living, accommodation for students ranges from €355 to about €420(could be more or less) ,it all depends on what you want. Feeding shouldn’t be more than €70eur/week for a student .If you need people to hang out with in Belgium, feel free to visit this church (ACF) www.antwerpchristianfellowship.org , it’s an international church with people from all parts of the world, it sure is a place you would feel welcome, like you belong. Hope this was of any help, holla if you have more specific questions -

PS:- If you wanna  know a little more practical things about Belgium, read this Nferyn guy’s comments on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-4227.0.html . He’s totally on point!

2 Likes

Re: How Is Life In Belgium? by Brapant123: 7:07am On Oct 05, 2018
Please can someone advise me, I was contemplating between Belgium and South Korea which one to travel for hustling, please I need your candid advice

(1) (Reply)

Lagos To Abidjan Road Transport Price / Kenyan Transit Visa For Nigerian Nationals / Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.