Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

2019: Babangida Picks Candidate He’ll Support For Presidency, - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Babangida Picks Candidate He’ll Support For Presidency, (1486 Views)

Keyamo: APC Will Win 2023 Presidency Irrespective Of The Zone It Picks Candidate / Hotel Demolition: Sowore Reacts "Wike Is Mad, He’ll Pay For His Sins One Day!" / Saraki In Secret Deal With Babangida, DSS, EFCC, Police – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: Babangida Picks Candidate He’ll Support For Presidency, by isahrabson: 4:41pm On Aug 05, 2018
2019: Babangida Picks Candidate He’ll Support For Presidency,

Former Head of State, Ibrahim Babangida has revealed his choice of candidate for the 2019 presidential election.

The ex-military leader made his choice known in his Hilltop residence in Minna, Niger State on Saturday.

A former Caretaker Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Sen. Ahmed Makarfi and his presidential campaign team had visited Babangida to get his blessings ahead of the PDP presidential primary.

Other notable candidates believed to be interested in the party’s presidential ticket are former Vice President Atiku Abubakar; former Jigawa Governor, Sule Lamido; former Kano Governor, Sen. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso; Gombe Governor, Ibrahim Dankwambo and Sokoto Governor, Aminu Tambuwal, who recently left the APC for the PDP.

But addressing Makarfi and his team, Babangida was quoted by Vanguard as saying, “Without fear or favour, you have made my day.

“We need a new narrative in this country. We can’t go on like we used to. We need an articulated vision of a new Nigeria. I am not surprised that you give such narrative of the country. You did well in the legislature and you handled well one of the most civilised and sophisticated states in Nigeria.

“You have my blessings and I will look forward to hearing from you on some of these articulations I heard from you today. Honestly I feel so proud.

“I was almost losing hope in the country, as a military man I wouldn’t. But having heard from the distinguished senator, I have become more enlightened and emboldened to say we have hope in Nigeria.”

1 Like

Re: 2019: Babangida Picks Candidate He’ll Support For Presidency, by ameri9ja: 4:46pm On Aug 05, 2018
So, who did he pick?
Re: 2019: Babangida Picks Candidate He’ll Support For Presidency, by 360degreess(m): 4:51pm On Aug 05, 2018
The political strength/influence of all pdp candidates combine for 2019 elections cannot equal that of buhari...sai baba 2019.
Re: 2019: Babangida Picks Candidate He’ll Support For Presidency, by Kyase(m): 4:59pm On Aug 05, 2018
ameri9ja:
So, who did he pick?
oh God undecided undecided
Read again.... embarassed
Re: 2019: Babangida Picks Candidate He’ll Support For Presidency, by ameri9ja: 5:04pm On Aug 05, 2018
Kyase:
oh God undecided undecided
Read again.... embarassed

Just summarize. Who u think will read all that? Who u think u dealing with?
Re: 2019: Babangida Picks Candidate He’ll Support For Presidency, by Kyase(m): 5:26pm On Aug 05, 2018
ameri9ja:

Just summarize. Who u think will read all that? Who u think u dealing with?
sorry sir
Re: 2019: Babangida Picks Candidate He’ll Support For Presidency, by superlanny(m): 5:53pm On Aug 05, 2018
Is this one still a babangida
Re: 2019: Babangida Picks Candidate He’ll Support For Presidency, by RealityShot: 5:56pm On Aug 05, 2018
Let's just save the money for presidential election
Let Buhari complete his 8 years and go jorr.

No need to waste our 600 billion nairas on an unfair and
Pre planned election.

All these are frivolous shinanigans to waste our time and money.
Buhari won in 2015 against higher odds.
Re: 2019: Babangida Picks Candidate He’ll Support For Presidency, by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 05, 2018
Vegetable just go and die

(1) (Reply)

PDP VP: Why SW Are Not Who They Claimed To Be / Kaduna Crises: Buhari’s Visit Too Cheap, A Slur To Mankind  -dogara / Breaking-buhari-set-sack-inec-chairman-yakubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.