Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,604 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

NLNG Targets 2024 For First Shipment Of LNG From Train-7 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / NLNG Targets 2024 For First Shipment Of LNG From Train-7 (5475 Views)

NLNG Finally Awards Train 7 Project Contracts To Foreign Firms / AOS Orwell, Poised To Deliver For Train 7, Praises Confidence In Local Capacity / Poland Picks Nigerian Oil Over Russian, First Shipment In Nov. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NLNG Targets 2024 For First Shipment Of LNG From Train-7 by Okwyla: 4:40am On Aug 06, 2018
The Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas (NLNG) Limited has said it is targeting to deliver the first Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) consignments from its upcoming eight million tonnes per annum (mtpa) Train-7 plant between 2023 and 2024.

It also stated it would procure between seven and eight new vessels which would be used to deliver the new LNG volumes from the new plant to destination markets. The Train-7 project would make NLNG’s combined production capacity shoot up to 30mtpa when completed, and reportedly lift Nigeria’s LNG export market share.

In addition, the firm explained the new LNG train will need about 1150 million standard cubic feet per day (mmscfd) of natural gas supplied to it as feedstock from oil fields in the Niger Delta.

These were contained in a presentation made to the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, on the upcoming Train-7 project, which NLNG plans to take a final investment decision (FID) on by December 2018.

Kachikwu, was at the Bonny Island operational hub of the NLNG at the weekend, and NLNG’s General Manager Production, Mr. Tayo Oginni, made the presentation to him and his team.

“We are taking inspiration from Qatar which at some point was a fishing base. They are currently at 77mtpa.

“Train-7 will take us from 22 million tonnes per annum to 30 million tonnes per annum. The FEED contract has just been signed. We see there is significant amount of jobs, more than 8000 jobs coming to the island and this is at the same time the Bonny-Bodo road is being built.

“We are targeting FID for end of year, it is a lot of work to get there and the market we are targeting is the 2023 to 2024 market. We need to be in that market. In the old days, it was possible to sign long term sales agreements with the market but nobody wants that anymore. You need to be very nimble, be very ready otherwise you are going to have the LNG plant sitting on your hands,” Oginni said in the presentation.

Providing more details on the Train-7 project, Oginni, explained: “We will need additional gas, investments upstream need to match our own vision. And, we will need addition of seven to eight ships to be able to then evacuate what is in there. We can’t use our current 23 ships.”

He noted the facility’s current storage capacity and jetties are busy and would perhaps need to be expanded to accommodate volumes from the new train.

“We have only one to two days of endurance in our storage capacity. If we don’t load on a two-day basis, we have to shut down and if we shutdown upstream suppliers have to shut down, then flaring will go up and oil production will be down,” he added.

According to him, the NLNG was also thinking about new market around Africa and close home for its LNG. He said such market would include landlocked opportunities within Africa where traditionally pipelines may not get to.

Oginni, equally warned that if no new LNG investments were done by Nigeria, the country could by 2025 drop from its current fourth position to 10th in the global market.

“We are currently number four in terms of LNG capacity that we put into the world. Very easily, we can drop to number 10 because of a number of investments that will come on stream, capacity will outstrip ours and they will take the market before we can ever get there. If you miss the market, you miss it for almost a generation. If no new FID or investments, Nigeria may possibly drop from fourth to 10th by 2025,” he added.

The presentation similarly showed that Nigeria’s current LNG market share was 7.3 per cent, behind Qatar, Australia and Malaysia which are the first top three respectively.

The Train-7 project, Oginni added would push Nigeria to become the world’s third largest gas LNG exporter, displacing Malaysia which currently has a 26.6mtpa production capacity and accounts for 9 per cent of the world’s supply. Australia on the other hand has a 56.2mtpa production capacity.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/08/nlng-targets-2024-for-first-shipment-of.html

1 Like

Re: NLNG Targets 2024 For First Shipment Of LNG From Train-7 by Jimmy231: 7:37am On Aug 06, 2018
Am I the first to comment? First time in a life dedicated to all sea Lords here

2 Likes

Re: NLNG Targets 2024 For First Shipment Of LNG From Train-7 by nony43(m): 7:39am On Aug 06, 2018
How can i get a job in NLNG?
Re: NLNG Targets 2024 For First Shipment Of LNG From Train-7 by Nasir123(m): 7:39am On Aug 06, 2018
Jimmy231:

I think so.

Now,what do u have to say concerning the above subject
Re: NLNG Targets 2024 For First Shipment Of LNG From Train-7 by finesounds01(m): 7:41am On Aug 06, 2018
reminds me of when buhari wanted to sell this NLNG
Re: NLNG Targets 2024 For First Shipment Of LNG From Train-7 by CodeTemplar: 7:45am On Aug 06, 2018
Buhari likes the northern domination so much and wouldn't mind selling it to a honest northern Muslim that can run it transparently.
Re: NLNG Targets 2024 For First Shipment Of LNG From Train-7 by michlins(m): 7:47am On Aug 06, 2018
And I hereby welcome awa oyel crew
Re: NLNG Targets 2024 For First Shipment Of LNG From Train-7 by popsy2(m): 7:52am On Aug 06, 2018
Jimmy231:

Njhzra!
Re: NLNG Targets 2024 For First Shipment Of LNG From Train-7 by Olanireti(m): 8:01am On Aug 06, 2018
This is a good development. More job opportunities for people
Re: NLNG Targets 2024 For First Shipment Of LNG From Train-7 by don4real18(m): 8:10am On Aug 06, 2018
More steps... We are moving
Re: NLNG Targets 2024 For First Shipment Of LNG From Train-7 by mknigeriagreat: 8:17am On Aug 06, 2018
Nasir123:

I think so.

Now,what do u have to say concerning the above subject

I hope he answers that.

1 Like

Re: NLNG Targets 2024 For First Shipment Of LNG From Train-7 by rildwanullahi(m): 8:17am On Aug 06, 2018
finesounds01:
reminds me of when buhari wanted to sell this NLNG
CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME. I WANT TO KNOW COS THATS THE BEST PLACE TO WORK IN NIGERIA PRESENTLY
Re: NLNG Targets 2024 For First Shipment Of LNG From Train-7 by Obierika(m): 8:21am On Aug 06, 2018
Nigeria needs to make new investments in LNG sovas not to loose market share
Re: NLNG Targets 2024 For First Shipment Of LNG From Train-7 by deepwater(f): 8:24am On Aug 06, 2018
cool
Re: NLNG Targets 2024 For First Shipment Of LNG From Train-7 by deepwater(f): 8:25am On Aug 06, 2018
rildwanullahi:
CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME. I WANT TO KNOW COS THATS THE BEST PLACE TO WORK IN NIGERIA PRESENTLY

Have you heard of that company called TOTAL E&P ?
Re: NLNG Targets 2024 For First Shipment Of LNG From Train-7 by deepwater(f): 8:27am On Aug 06, 2018
rildwanullahi:

https://punchng.com/dont-sell-nlng-rmafc-tells-fg/
Re: NLNG Targets 2024 For First Shipment Of LNG From Train-7 by deepwater(f): 8:27am On Aug 06, 2018
nony43:
How can i get a job in NLNG?

You need to have that thing called patience

2 Likes

Re: NLNG Targets 2024 For First Shipment Of LNG From Train-7 by NORSIYK(m): 8:48am On Aug 06, 2018
God touch the heart of whoever is in charge of granting NLNG this train 7 project, God let project kick off is long over due, almost a decade now we have been hearing train 7 will soon kick off all to no avail, hope the mean it now. If this project comes to reality Bonny will come back to live again.
Re: NLNG Targets 2024 For First Shipment Of LNG From Train-7 by BedLam: 9:45am On Aug 06, 2018
2024? What a joke! It took Russia 3 years to build one of the largest rail track in Europe( Russia to Crimea). Just to fix LNG TO TRAIN, someone is making look like it's witchcraft! What a country.
Re: NLNG Targets 2024 For First Shipment Of LNG From Train-7 by brightleave(m): 10:05am On Aug 06, 2018
BedLam:
2024? What a joke! It took Russia 3 years to build one of the largest rail track in Europe( Russia to Crimea). Just to fix LNG TO TRAIN, someone is making look like it's witchcraft! What a country.
faults finder apps. Train 7 means portharcourt to Lagos train abi? Olodo grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: NLNG Targets 2024 For First Shipment Of LNG From Train-7 by scantee(m): 10:13am On Aug 06, 2018
I have been hearing this Train 7 project kick of since 2008, at the end nothing will be done, that is how NLNG spend millions of Dollars for Brass Island Bayelsa state for the project mobilization, till date nothing has been done,all the equipment there has been stolen, the residential buildings built by then Governor Silva is now home of wild animals.

Nonsense
Re: NLNG Targets 2024 For First Shipment Of LNG From Train-7 by scantee(m): 10:16am On Aug 06, 2018
NORSIYK:
God touch the heart of whoever is in charge of granting NLNG this train 7 project, God let project kick off is long over due, almost a decade now we have been hearing train 7 will soon kick off all to no avail, hope the mean it now. If this project comes to reality Bonny will come back to live again.

My brother since 2007 when i was still with Nlng before i left them for Shell, i have been hearing this Train 7 kick off, yet nothing, bonny is now a shadow of itself
Re: NLNG Targets 2024 For First Shipment Of LNG From Train-7 by kema01(m): 10:19am On Aug 06, 2018
BedLam:
I wish u knw wat it takes to build a plant... It's not as easy as u think. It wil start with sand filling and allowing d soil to compact, engineering which as 2do wit design, material / instruments procurement, pipe or spool fabrication / installation, cable pulling / termination, civil and other mechanical works.. etc before commissioning. Brother, it's a long process.
Re: NLNG Targets 2024 For First Shipment Of LNG From Train-7 by kema01(m): 10:26am On Aug 06, 2018
[quote author=scantee post=70027929]

My brother since 2007 when i was still with Nlng before i left them for Shell, i have been hearing this Train 7 kick off, yet nothing, bonny is now a shadow of itself[/
Re: NLNG Targets 2024 For First Shipment Of LNG From Train-7 by Feraz(m): 11:17am On Aug 06, 2018
deepwater:

You need to have that thing called patience
Do you mind explaining?

Xdos, wasn't this the Train 7 you were talking about the other time?
Re: NLNG Targets 2024 For First Shipment Of LNG From Train-7 by xdos(m): 3:20pm On Aug 06, 2018
Yes! It gladdens my heart to see that this Govt is very serious about achieving Train 7 which will go a long way in creating employment for the people.
ermm, what did I even say about Train 7?
Feraz:
Do you mind explaining?

Xdos, wasn't this the Train 7 you were talking about the other time?
Re: NLNG Targets 2024 For First Shipment Of LNG From Train-7 by rildwanullahi(m): 8:45pm On Aug 06, 2018
deepwater:

Have you heard of that company called TOTAL E&P ?
yes, but they are nowhere near nlng

1 Like

Re: NLNG Targets 2024 For First Shipment Of LNG From Train-7 by Isrealsho: 5:21am On Aug 07, 2018
I pray buhari sign this FID with NLG because it's will create more jobs, gives hope to NLG business in Nigeria.
Since NLNG is not built in the north, buhari fit no sign ooh, but let's look till December when they schedule for final investment decision.
If buhari no sign sign,Nigeria is finished....

Okwyla:

The Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas (NLNG) Limited has said it is targeting to deliver the first Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) consignments from its upcoming eight million tonnes per annum (mtpa) Train-7 plant between 2023 and 2024.

It also stated it would procure between seven and eight new vessels which would be used to deliver the new LNG volumes from the new plant to destination markets. The Train-7 project would make NLNG’s combined production capacity shoot up to 30mtpa when completed, and reportedly lift Nigeria’s LNG export market share.

In addition, the firm explained the new LNG train will need about 1150 million standard cubic feet per day (mmscfd) of natural gas supplied to it as feedstock from oil fields in the Niger Delta.

These were contained in a presentation made to the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, on the upcoming Train-7 project, which NLNG plans to take a final investment decision (FID) on by December 2018.

Kachikwu, was at the Bonny Island operational hub of the NLNG at the weekend, and NLNG’s General Manager Production, Mr. Tayo Oginni, made the presentation to him and his team.

“We are taking inspiration from Qatar which at some point was a fishing base. They are currently at 77mtpa.

“Train-7 will take us from 22 million tonnes per annum to 30 million tonnes per annum. The FEED contract has just been signed. We see there is significant amount of jobs, more than 8000 jobs coming to the island and this is at the same time the Bonny-Bodo road is being built.

“We are targeting FID for end of year, it is a lot of work to get there and the market we are targeting is the 2023 to 2024 market. We need to be in that market. In the old days, it was possible to sign long term sales agreements with the market but nobody wants that anymore. You need to be very nimble, be very ready otherwise you are going to have the LNG plant sitting on your hands,” Oginni said in the presentation.

Providing more details on the Train-7 project, Oginni, explained: “We will need additional gas, investments upstream need to match our own vision. And, we will need addition of seven to eight ships to be able to then evacuate what is in there. We can’t use our current 23 ships.”

He noted the facility’s current storage capacity and jetties are busy and would perhaps need to be expanded to accommodate volumes from the new train.

“We have only one to two days of endurance in our storage capacity. If we don’t load on a two-day basis, we have to shut down and if we shutdown upstream suppliers have to shut down, then flaring will go up and oil production will be down,” he added.

According to him, the NLNG was also thinking about new market around Africa and close home for its LNG. He said such market would include landlocked opportunities within Africa where traditionally pipelines may not get to.

Oginni, equally warned that if no new LNG investments were done by Nigeria, the country could by 2025 drop from its current fourth position to 10th in the global market.

“We are currently number four in terms of LNG capacity that we put into the world. Very easily, we can drop to number 10 because of a number of investments that will come on stream, capacity will outstrip ours and they will take the market before we can ever get there. If you miss the market, you miss it for almost a generation. If no new FID or investments, Nigeria may possibly drop from fourth to 10th by 2025,” he added.

The presentation similarly showed that Nigeria’s current LNG market share was 7.3 per cent, behind Qatar, Australia and Malaysia which are the first top three respectively.

The Train-7 project, Oginni added would push Nigeria to become the world’s third largest gas LNG exporter, displacing Malaysia which currently has a 26.6mtpa production capacity and accounts for 9 per cent of the world’s supply. Australia on the other hand has a 56.2mtpa production capacity.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/08/nlng-targets-2024-for-first-shipment-of.html

(1) (Reply)

Kdp Publishing Journey, What Are Your Challenges? / How do I make a Corporate Proposal to banks? / Get Good Bales And Make Good Steady Income.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.