Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church (40293 Views)

John Dumelo Reacts To Ebony Reigns Death: "Celebrities Are A Bunch Of Hypocrite" / John Dumelo Gets Engaged (Photo) / Florence Flomo: I Am John Dumelo's Baby Mama, He's Father Of My 2-Year-Old Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by Octaves(m): 1:00am On Aug 07, 2018
DavidEsq:

The bible citation simply says that rather than follow the truth, people like u listen to stories. As for the part of how Christ formed the congregation, pls tell us how in forming the congregation, he endorsed bowing to images and praying to his mother? because u relied on the founding of the congregation by Christ as the evidence that Christ formed the Catholic Church.
the Church is the pillar and foundation of truth not your pastor's or personal interpretation and blinkered knowledge of the Bible. what Church is that pillar and foundation? the Catholic Church of course. yes Jesus formed the Church and made Peter the head and gave him the keys to the kingdom of heaven. and declared that the gates of hell would never prevail against his church and that he would be with him till the end of the world. That church is the Catholic church of today. every other church broke out from this church and has formed their own doctrines which are usually incongruous with each other. this is an undisputable fact. if you are tempted to argue with the facts. then you are not ready to know the truth.

1 Like

Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by brightlinse(m): 5:34am On Aug 07, 2018
shocked shocked

Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by angusakpuogwu: 5:41am On Aug 07, 2018
tstx:
E don tey wey the Devil infiltrate catholic church

EXODUS 20:4

“You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

I believe you're the devil himself that infiltrated the Catholic Church. rubbish

see my signature
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by zimuzo: 5:45am On Aug 07, 2018
BUSHHUNTER:
Op, U should know Catholic are idol worshippers

Ok, no problem but allow us to worship our idol in peace... Remain Blessed
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by Lewismartins69: 6:40am On Aug 07, 2018
tstx:

“You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

if you don't know what to say why don't you keep your mouth shut have you read 2kings 3:20-21, Num 21:8-9 or EX 25:17-22

see my signature
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by DavidEsq(m): 7:05am On Aug 07, 2018
Octaves:
the Church is the pillar and foundation of truth not your pastor's or personal interpretation and blinkered knowledge of the Bible. what Church is that pillar and foundation? the Catholic Church of course. yes Jesus formed the Church and made Peter the head and gave him the keys to the kingdom of heaven. and declared that the gates of hell would never prevail against his church and that he would be with him till the end of the world. That church is the Catholic church of today. every other church broke out from this church and has formed their own doctrines which are usually incongruous with each other. this is an undisputable fact. if you are tempted to argue with the facts. then you are not ready to know the truth.
I need to know the scripture u are referring to, wr peter was purportedly made the head of the church by Jesus. Alas! U have referred to none. Just stories. I know u didn't read 2 Timothy 2:4.
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by DavidEsq(m): 7:08am On Aug 07, 2018
BabaIbo:

Stop changing God's word, remember it's a sin and you will he hold accountable for it. Read Mathew 16 vs 18 and tell me if your daddy G.O is the one Jesus Christ gave His authority, Tell me who's the first pope of Catholic church, Tell me who found Catholic. I won't say much, all I have to tell you is that, everyone will answer his own question when the time comes, so if you like say what you don't know about catholic, my brother or sister the church is thriving just like Jesus Christ told Peter
Lemme baf fes. I just returned from jogging cheesy. Then I wld read that scripture u cited. I appreciate your interest in spiro tinz grin
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by DavidEsq(m): 7:12am On Aug 07, 2018

Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by Bakrabas: 7:54am On Aug 07, 2018
asuustrike2009:

There is no real imagine of Jesus but there is a drawing that portrays him

A drawing of uncertainty that portrays him... Everything about religion should be a truthful one
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by olowobaba10: 7:55am On Aug 07, 2018
tstx:

BUT YOU TOUCH TV/COMPUTER SCREEN FOR BREAK THROUGH?

see my signature
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by Nobody: 8:51am On Aug 07, 2018
Bakrabas:

A drawing of uncertainty that portrays him... Everything about religion should be a truthful one
That is way people can understand how Jesus looks like
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by Bakrabas: 9:07am On Aug 07, 2018
asuustrike2009:

That is way people can understand how Jesus looks like

But he doesn't look that way, nobody is rest assure his real look, why are we fooling ourselves
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by decency13(m): 9:50am On Aug 07, 2018
You can fund your Lionsbet account using any ATM card online or through any of the options here https://www.lionsbet.com/ng/account/deposit
infinito1990:

How do I fund my account?
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by Nobody: 9:51am On Aug 07, 2018
Bakrabas:

But he doesn't look that way, nobody is rest assure his real look, why are we fooling ourselves
Based on experience, he looks like that but more handsome
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by richeeyo(m): 10:08am On Aug 07, 2018
patrickcollins:
You are seeing other parts of the scriptures, are u keeping them, ur a hypocrite to ask such question.
I asked a question
Is your father the pope
I can ask a priest this same question andvhe would clarify the actual meaning
But u such an ignorant little B A S T A R D
not to be able to give me an answer or an explanation
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by SexytorresE(f): 10:12am On Aug 07, 2018
Father and mother of all churches... The rest are end time churches, I believe in only one catholic and apostolic church. Quote with ur Anus cheesy

1 Like

Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by Bakrabas: 11:03am On Aug 07, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Based on experience, he looks like that but more handsome

Which experience boss, let's stop deceiving ourselves
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by Codes151(m): 2:13pm On Aug 07, 2018
Worship ur own make I worship my own
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 07, 2018
Bakrabas:

Which experience boss, let's stop deceiving ourselves
Mr man when I say experience I mean it. The bible isn't against having pictures of acclaimed Jesus but it is against worshiping and adoring it. When you bow down to such images, you make God angry. It will be foolish for someone to have his father's picture being sketched and admired than his creator. The Bible is our standard so there is no where were it spoke against admiring pictures of God. Don't assume things when you don't have bible backing. Shalom
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by Bakrabas: 5:57pm On Aug 07, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Mr man when I say experience I mean it. The bible isn't against having pictures of acclaimed Jesus but it is against worshiping and adoring it. When you bow down to such images, you make God angry. It will be foolish for someone to have his father's picture being sketched and admired than his creator. The Bible is our standard so there is no where were it spoke against admiring

Picture of God, how does it look like, oh your God have pictures " pictures of God"

. Don't assume things when you don't have bible backing. Shalom
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by BabaIbo: 6:29pm On Aug 07, 2018
DavidEsq:

Lemme baf fes. I just returned from jogging cheesy. Then I wld read that scripture u cited. I appreciate your interest in spiro tinz grin

Alright
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by DavidEsq(m): 7:19am On Aug 08, 2018
BabaIbo:

Alright
The 1870 Vatican Council’s decree (which declared anyone a heretic, who did not believe Peter was the 1st Pope and the rock upon which the church was founded) was based primarily on its interpretation of Matthew 16:16-19 and John 21:15-17. The conversations between Jesus and Peter that we read in these passages as well as other Bible accounts show that the apostle Peter had an important role in the history of early Christianity. In fact, the first time they met, Jesus predicted that Peter would display rocklike qualities in his life. (John 1:42) But did Christ give Peter primacy?

At Matthew 16:17, 18, we find Jesus’ words to Peter: “I say to you, you are Peter [whose name means “A Piece of Rock”], and upon this rock I will build my church.”* Was Jesus saying that his “church,” or congregation, would be built upon Peter, a man? Was Peter to be the head of all other followers of Jesus? How did the other apostles present at that conversation understand Jesus’ words? The Gospels reveal that later, on a number of occasions, they argued about who was the greatest among them. (Matthew 20:20-27; Mark 9:33-35; Luke 22:24-26) If Jesus had already given Peter primacy, or superiority, could there have been any question as to who was the greatest among the apostles?

How did Peter himself understand Jesus’ words? Growing up an Israelite, Peter would have been familiar with various Hebrew prophecies speaking of a “stone” or a “cornerstone.” (Isaiah 8:13, 14; 28:16; Zechariah 3:9) When he quoted one of them in a letter to his fellow believers, Peter explained that the prophesied “cornerstone” was the Lord Jesus Christ, the Messiah. Peter used the Greek term pe’tra (the same word found in Jesus’ statement at Matthew 16:18) for Christ alone.​—1 Peter 2:4-8.

The apostle Paul was another faithful follower of Jesus. Did Paul believe that Jesus had given Peter primacy? Acknowledging Peter’s position in the early Christian congregation, Paul wrote that Peter was among those “reputed to be pillars.” For Paul, there was more than just one ‘pillar.’ (Galatians 2:9) Moreover, if Peter had been appointed by Jesus as the head of the congregation, how could he simply be reputed, that is to say, supposed or thought by his fellow believers, to be a pillar?

When writing regarding certain inconsistencies in the way Peter treated people, Paul respectfully but frankly stated: “I opposed him to his face because he clearly was wrong.” (Galatians 2:11-14) Paul did not think that Christ had built his church, or congregation, upon Peter or any other imperfect man. On the contrary, he believed that the congregation was built on Jesus Christ as the foundation. For Paul, “the rock was the Christ.”​—1 Corinthians 3:9-11; 10:4.
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by DavidEsq(m): 7:38am On Aug 08, 2018
BabaIbo:

Alright

The 1870 Vatican Council’s decree was based primarily on its interpretation of Matthew 16:16-19 and John 21:15-17. The conversations between Jesus and Peter that we read in these passages as well as other Bible accounts show that the apostle Peter had an important role in the history of early Christianity. In fact, the first time they met, Jesus predicted that Peter would display rocklike qualities in his life. (John 1:42) But did Christ give Peter primacy?

At Matthew 16:17, 18, we find Jesus’ words to Peter: “I say to you, you are Peter [whose name means “A Piece of Rock”], and upon this rock I will build my church.”* Was Jesus saying that his “church,” or congregation, would be built upon Peter, a man? Was Peter to be the head of all other followers of Jesus? How did the other apostles present at that conversation understand Jesus’ words? The Gospels reveal that later, on a number of occasions, they argued about who was the greatest among them. (Matthew 20:20-27; Mark 9:33-35; Luke 22:24-26) If Jesus had already given Peter primacy, or superiority, could there have been any question as to who was the greatest among the apostles?

How did Peter himself understand Jesus’ words? Growing up an Israelite, Peter would have been familiar with various Hebrew prophecies speaking of a “stone” or a “cornerstone.” (Isaiah 8:13, 14; 28:16; Zechariah 3:9) When he quoted one of them in a letter to his fellow believers, Peter explained that the prophesied “cornerstone” was the Lord Jesus Christ, the Messiah. Peter used the Greek term pe’tra (the same word found in Jesus’ statement at Matthew 16:18) for Christ alone.​—1 Peter 2:4-8.
Cc: Anigreat.
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by litetias(m): 8:30am On Aug 08, 2018
Anigreat:
shocked

I'm a Christian but not a Catholic, let me say i see nothing wrong in what John Dumelo is doing.

Most of the people criticising him touch their pastors feet, pray using their pastors name. The most common one is Using ROBERT POWELL image in their churches, houses, cars etc. Is Robert Powell Christ? hanging his image in your house, church, cars shows that you idolized Powell.

I rather bow down to wooden Jesus than bow down to any pastor, i rather bow down to wooden Jesus than bow down to robert powell.

They worship wooden image and it works for them, why are people bittered, are you them?

They Bible that you all are quoting to condemn this, but not for catholic will you guys know what is bible?

And don't forget Catholic is the mother of Christianity, if Catholic is evil then Christianity is EVILshocked

Nonsense!

True talk
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by lifedynamics: 9:37am On Aug 08, 2018
richeeyo:

Bro that's what i still don't get about the catholics, don't they see that part of the Bible?
Cause they actually understand Christianity unlike y'all who quote Old Testament and call yourselves Christians...Jesus was in the New Testament... Stop quoting exodus here...
Your Business starts from Matthew upwards...
You're not jews
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by lifedynamics: 9:39am On Aug 08, 2018
DavidEsq:

The 1870 Vatican Council’s decree (which declared anyone a heretic, who did not believe Peter was the 1st Pope and the rock upon which the church was founded) was based primarily on its interpretation of Matthew 16:16-19 and John 21:15-17. The conversations between Jesus and Peter that we read in these passages as well as other Bible accounts show that the apostle Peter had an important role in the history of early Christianity. In fact, the first time they met, Jesus predicted that Peter would display rocklike qualities in his life. (John 1:42) But did Christ give Peter primacy?

The apostle Paul was another faithful follower of Jesus. Did Paul believe that Jesus had given Peter primacy? Acknowledging Peter’s position in the early Christian congregation, Paul wrote that Peter was among those “reputed to be pillars.” For Paul, there was more than just one ‘pillar.’ (Galatians 2:9) Moreover, if Peter had been appointed by Jesus as the head of the congregation, how could he simply be reputed, that is to say, supposed or thought by his fellow believers, to be a pillar?

When writing regarding certain inconsistencies in the way Peter treated people, Paul respectfully but frankly stated: “I opposed him to his face because he clearly was wrong.” (Galatians 2:11-14) Paul did not think that Christ had built his church, or congregation, upon Peter or any other imperfect man. On the contrary, he believed that the congregation was built on Jesus Christ as the foundation. For Paul, “the rock was the Christ.”​—1 Corinthians 3:9-11; 10:4.

This is a true Christian here... Quoting only the New Testament... And only references and not laws in the Old Testament...
I respect you
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by DavidEsq(m): 10:59am On Aug 08, 2018
lifedynamics:

This is a true Christian here... Quoting only the New Testament... And only references and not laws in the Old Testament...
I respect you
The Old testament is also useful and necessary in providing instructions for us. Romans 15:4 says "For all the things that were written beforehand were written for our instruction, so that through our endurance and through the comfort from the Scriptures we might have hope".
2 Timothy 3:16 says "All Scripture is inspired of God+ and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness". For wat purpose it so? Verse 17 explains that: "so that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work".
Furthermore, Jude 7-9 makes reference to the destruction of Sodom and gomorrah as an explanation of wat is generally misunderstood nowadays, as hell fire.
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by BabaIbo: 9:23pm On Aug 08, 2018
DavidEsq:

The 1870 Vatican Council’s decree was based primarily on its interpretation of Matthew 16:16-19 and John 21:15-17. The conversations between Jesus and Peter that we read in these passages as well as other Bible accounts show that the apostle Peter had an important role in the history of early Christianity. In fact, the first time they met, Jesus predicted that Peter would display rocklike qualities in his life. (John 1:42) But did Christ give Peter primacy?

Cc: Anigreat.

What are you insinuating?

You typed or copied all these without giving a conclusion to drive home your point.

Remember Jesus asked His disciples who do they say I am?
it was only one of them that got the answer, do you think that doesn't have any meaning. read Jesus response to Peter's answer in Mathew 16 vs 17, from that reading you should be able to see that Peter was chosen.
In every gathering there must be a leader and it's expected of the leader to know what his duty will be, and since Peter knew/know who Jesus Christ is from his answer to Jesus Christ's question, that's what led to Mathew 16 vs 18.

What other primacy do you need, from Jesus words to Peter in the presence of others, it's clear.
Read Mathew 16 vs 19
I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”
Telling Peter that he will build His church on him doesn't mean that He will carry cement and sand and start building on him, making you a leader is same thing as building something on you, don't forget Peter is the first pope of Catholic church.
Do you really know what that means?
Is there any other discipline that was got that key or that words of assurance?

Peter being an Israelite has nothing to do with the answer he gave because he was not the only Jewish(Israelite) man among the 12 disciples.
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by DavidEsq(m): 10:00pm On Aug 08, 2018
BabaIbo:

You typed or copied all these without giving a conclusion to drive home your point.

it was only one of them that got the answer, do you think that doesn't have any meaning. read Jesus response to Peter's answer in Mathew 16 vs 17, from that reading you should be able to see that Peter was chosen.
In every gathering there must be a leader and it's expected of the leader to know what his duty will be, and since Peter knew/know who Jesus Christ is from his answer to Jesus Christ's question, that's what led to Mathew 16 vs 18.

What other primacy do you need, from Jesus words to Peter in the presence of others, it's clear.
Read Mathew 16 vs 19
I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”
Telling Peter that he will build His church on him doesn't mean that He will carry cement and sand and start building on him, making you a leader is same thing as building something on you, don't forget Peter is the first pope of Catholic church.

Peter being an Israelite has nothing to do with the answer he gave because he was not the only Jewish(Israelite) man among the 12 disciples.
Heck no! I arrived at a point it's in the second quote. I mistakenly pressed "submit" before I realised it.
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by BabaIbo: 10:11pm On Aug 08, 2018
DavidEsq:

Heck no! I arrived at a point it's in the second quote. I mistakenly pressed "submit" before I realised it.

Alright
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by DavidEsq(m): 10:13pm On Aug 08, 2018
BabaIbo:

Read Mathew 16 vs 19

U also forgot to refute the oda scriptures. Eya.
Re: John Dumelo Touching Statue Of Jesus In Montreal Catholic Church by DavidEsq(m): 10:15pm On Aug 08, 2018
BabaIbo:

Alright
U don c am now? I had to copy u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ali Nuhu And His Lookalike Son (Photo) / Toke Makinwa And Maje Ayida Have Lunch Together / P-Square's Performance In Liberia: Massive Crowd (Video, Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.