Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,137 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

French Team Refuses To Train - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / French Team Refuses To Train (5626 Views)

Arsene Wenger Offers To Train Nigerian Coaches / FIFA Refuses To Back Messi Or Chitalu For Goal Record / Victor Anichebe Refuses To Wear "Kick It Out" Jersey. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: French Team Refuses To Train by eldee(m): 3:21pm On Jun 22, 2010
dayokanu:

What the French players did was a disgrace to the game. Refusing to train is bad.

You are in SOuth Africa to represent your country and not Domenech. Dummyneck was entrusted by the whole nation to lead the team, So rebellion to Domeneck who represents the country is like disrespect to your country.

That's true, but I'm 90% sure that if they got the news the night before, they would have had time to settle down and examine the consequences before acting.
All you saw was a first-time reaction, that happens in most teams, when Chelsea fired Mourinho the same thing happened, it just wasn't caught on camera.
Re: French Team Refuses To Train by mbulela: 3:40pm On Jun 22, 2010
eldee:

Do you just skim through posts?? You were trying to teach me how to use English and I corrected you and you're still clutching straws.
Go check up the definition yourself and stop trying to forcefully assert that my use of words is wrong.

This is pure B.S . . . players have been going on strike since the 60s, sometimes over pay.
Players have been going on strike since 1909. . . it's not something that's just started.
Any small thing and you guys blame it on the money in football, players have been going on strike since the days they earned £20 per week.

And it's not a 'norm', if it were, we wouldn't be discussing it on every World Cup thread.

Now what has the strike solved?? Well, it has exposed the inefficiency of the French Football Federation.
And they are the ones that should get majority of the blame for still keeping Domenech there . . . and the way they let a press trial guide their actions.
You cannot see these simple things but you prefer to go around throwing words like 'malaise', 'norm' . . . abeg dust your football documentaries and get an informed view madam.
guy,
no need for the insults.
In no way is your view more informed that mine.
I hear your opinion but i am still not convinced that Anelka can be defended for his verbal volleys directed at Domenech (which is one of the factors the players' revolt, according to them).
These boys are spoilt brats and that silly revolt in support of Anelka  is wrong and does not solve the Domenech problem in any way.
Re: French Team Refuses To Train by tkb417(m): 3:48pm On Jun 22, 2010
For me, Evra has acted like a skipper should; they have not held anybody to ransom, rather they've taken a stand and are sticking to it - nothing wrong with that! Tell me which player wouldn't want to have a skipper than will stand up and defend him no matter what!
Evra acted like a skipper by staging a walk out of training session?

what are u saying?
You think they are representing a football club or what? national team players boycotting a world cup match in far away South Africa?

and did eldee say its a norm?
how can something that hasnt happened in France be a norm? how can something that hasnt happened in a world cup match be a norm?
Thats a minomer in terms and an aberration of the trust imposed on them
U can decide to jettison playing for clubs, go on strike cos the relationship between u and your employer is money

Nobody signs contracts to play for fatherland, if u feel aggrieved representing your country, u quit
u dont stage a protest or burn tires to express fraustration with whomever

maybe guys need to read how the common people on the streets in France are taking it

They have been labelled in France as the worst set of players ever in the history of the country

The Press, The FFF, the Govt, the fans are in unison on this

crap is what they did; domenech cannot be the reason u'll disrespect your country

they are a bunch of rats
Re: French Team Refuses To Train by eldee(m): 4:00pm On Jun 22, 2010
@tkb

Haba . . . I said it is strange, that's why we're discussing it in the first place.

I know it was wrong on the part of the players, but as I said, it's a knee-jerk reaction.
They were ambushed on live TV, that's wrong.
If they were told on the bus or at the hotel, they'll have reacted like this, but still calmed down before in about one hour.

It is wrong coming from the FFF, and Evra did what any captain will do for his team-mates, especially when Anelka had a possibly supported reason for doing what he did in the first place.
They were thinking in anger and betrayal at the time, one hour would have helped to avoid this.
Re: French Team Refuses To Train by eldee(m): 4:07pm On Jun 22, 2010
mbulela:

guy,
no need for the insults.
In no way is your view more informed that mine.
I hear your opinion but i am still not convinced that Anelka can be defended for his verbal volleys directed at Domenech (which is one of the factors the players' revolt, according to them).
These boys are spoilt brats and that silly revolt in support of Anelka  is wrong and does not solve the Domenech problem in any way.

Aunty, I didn't mean to insult you, I'm sorry if I did . . . but I don't get your point at all.

What I'm saying is that . . . bringing money into this situation is totally out of place, it has nothing to do with this.
There have always been influential players even before money came into football, and there have always been strikes.

The issue here is, were they wrong, maybe . . . but they shouldn't take all the blame, the FFF should take majority.
Re: French Team Refuses To Train by dayokanu(m): 4:53pm On Jun 22, 2010
Those French players better not step into France, They disgraced icons like Zidane, Platini and Papin who once wore the blue Jersey
Re: French Team Refuses To Train by mukina2: 4:59pm On Jun 22, 2010
^ correct!

The players berra fly to their respective clubs grin grin the boys dey wait for them grin grin angry

but again they had a scumtwat for a captain , and ribery as the bigggest bully so i aint surprised grin
Re: French Team Refuses To Train by RuuDie(m): 5:07pm On Jun 22, 2010
where is the disgrace How were they wrong

Anelka abused Domenech - FFF doesn't investigate, Domenech doesn't formally lodge a complaint (which, for me, is fishy in itself because am sure he is hiding something). . . . yet Anelka is told to leave camp. How do we know for sure that Anelka abused Domenech? How do we know for sure that Domenech on his part didn't do or say anything to incite Nico? Questions nobody has asked, yet they proceed to punish based on hearsay! This Domenech-FFF romance stinks highly & mightily!

It coulda been worse. . . . they coulda boycotted today's match and risked having FIFA axe French football; but they boycotted 1 single training session kpere & people are screaming their heads off like its the worst thing ever done by football players in protest!!!
Re: French Team Refuses To Train by dayokanu(m): 5:10pm On Jun 22, 2010
Today,

Clichy and Diaby both Gayyners were responsible for their loss. Gallas looked completely lost

Ribery was the only player putting an effort

Anelka abused Domenech - FFF doesn't investigate, Domenech doesn't formally lodge a complaint (which, for me, is fishy in itself because am sure he is hiding something). . . . yet Anelka is told to leave camp. How do we know for sure that Anelka abused Domenech? How do we know for sure that Domenech on his part didn't do or say anything to incite Nico? Questions nobody has asked, yet they proceed to punish based on hearsay! This Domenech-FFF romance stinks highly & mightily!

Dont be ridiculous, Who does he have to report to? They already gave him authority over the team, So you mean if you abuse your teacher, he cant walk you out of the class until he reports you to the principal?
Re: French Team Refuses To Train by mbulela: 5:14pm On Jun 22, 2010
eldee:

Aunty, I didn't mean to insult you, I'm sorry if I did . . . but I don't get your point at all.

What I'm saying is that . . . bringing money into this situation is totally out of place, it has nothing to do with this.
There have always been influential players even before money came into football, and there have always been strikes.

The issue here is, were they wrong, maybe . . . but they shouldn't take all the blame, the FFF should take majority.
guy, i no be aunty o!
No one said they should take all the blame.
it is a documented fact that FFF has presided over this utter crap and Domenech should have been fired at least 2 years ago.
That does not in any way justify that silly strike.
You still have not answered the Anelka issue,because it was central to the strike.

I do not dispute the fact that their has been strikes since ages past.
my point is that this particular one was senseless and it is symptomatic of the spoilt tendencies of modern day footballers.Who are mostly nothing but spoilt brats.
Their sense of entitlement is not in any way directly proportional to their talent.
Re: French Team Refuses To Train by tkb417(m): 5:17pm On Jun 22, 2010

edit ur post; why shd a coach seek for permission from the federation b4 he takes actions

i didnt know Capello asked the English FA b4 he took Terrys armband

or did Terry sleep with Bridges babe in front of Capello?
or did the FA do any investigation to know if Capello acted in good faith

bro, the dude verbally abused the caoch and no one has said anything otherwise
Re: French Team Refuses To Train by tkb417(m): 5:20pm On Jun 22, 2010
hehehehe

aunty Mbulela grin grin

hehe; no mind eldee

The lawyer in him is at work cheesy

eldee, ki lon sele jare

free my guy o. Mbulela is ma person abeg
Re: French Team Refuses To Train by mbulela: 5:30pm On Jun 22, 2010
tkb417:

edit your post; why shd a coach seek for permission from the federation b4 he takes actions

i didnt know Capello asked the English FA b4 he took Terrys armband

or did Terry sleep with Bridges babe in front of Capello?
or did the FA do any investigation to know if Capello acted in good faith

bro, the dude verbally abused the caoch and no one has said anything otherwise

I wonder why they are silent on the Anelka verbal assault?
Meanwhile, Domenech simply told him that he would get substituted immediately he finished the assault.
FFF sent him home after he refused to apaologise afterwards.
I wonder how many people edging Patrice et al on will do likewise to their bosses.
meanwhile some of our bosses are worse idiots than Domenech.
Re: French Team Refuses To Train by mbulela: 5:34pm On Jun 22, 2010
tkb417:

hehehehe

aunty Mbulela grin grin

hehe; no mind eldee

The lawyer in him is at work cheesy

eldee, ki lon sele jare

free my guy o. Mbulela is ma person abeg

i tire for the guy.
him just dey call me aunty, aunty all over the place.
Eldee na my man sha.
only say him just dey support rascality and irresponsibility.
FFF bad and dey inept, i gree.
but how that one come make Anelka and Evra support correct thing?
Re: French Team Refuses To Train by RuuDie(m): 5:47pm On Jun 22, 2010
mbulela:

i tire for the guy.
him just dey call me aunty, aunty all over the place.
Eldee na my man sha.
only say him just dey support rascality and irresponsibility.
FFF bad and dey inept, i gree.
but how that one come make Anelka and Evra support correct thing?

Guy. . . for your info; na Henry, Abidal & Gallas raise the motion of boycott and the house agree - so no try to dey single out Evra and Anelka only!

If the French players all unanimously agree to express their displeasure at the manager, then definitely the manager is not doing something right.
Domenech has a history of falling out with players - Dhorasoo, Guily, Pires, Coupet, Mexes - haba, na only am be coach!?

I still maintain that the french players did absolutely no wrong in standing up for their colleague & the main reason why i say this is, Domenech somehow, someway started it all!
Re: French Team Refuses To Train by mbulela: 6:04pm On Jun 22, 2010
i don tire for this discussion.
to each, his own.
enjoy the rest of the world cup.
Eagles, let's go there . . .
Re: French Team Refuses To Train by eldee(m): 6:41pm On Jun 22, 2010
@tkb
Mo wa pa jare . . . tell your guy to free me first grin grin
How is your South African wifey??

mbulela:

guy, i no be aunty o!
No one said they should take all the blame.
it is a documented fact that FFF has presided over this utter crap and Domenech should have been fired at least 2 years ago.
That does not in any way justify that silly strike.
You still have not answered the Anelka issue,because it was central to the strike.

I do not dispute the fact that their has been strikes since ages past.
my point is that this particular one was senseless and it is symptomatic of the spoilt tendencies of modern day footballers.Who are mostly nothing but spoilt brats.
Their sense of entitlement is not in any way directly proportional to their talent.

Hehehe . . . nor be you wan remove cane for Anelka like a mother??

Anyways, the Anelka issue has happened in many teams since football started, the solution is handling it in-house and leaving Anelka on the bench.
As I said, outbursts of emotion when you are pushed to the wall are very common, especially when there is so much expectation.
Every manager has had a situation like this before, believe it or not . . . the only difference is that Domenech couldn't handle it in-house.

Wehn the FFF got involved without Domenech's veto, it became a national issue, that was more detrimental to French football than the words Anelka said in anger.
You can't call Anelka unprofessional, he's played in almost a dozen clubs and given 100%, even at Bolton where he was bigger than the club.
This was a simple case of human emotions, which even though wrong was punished way too heavily at the risk of the team being destabilized.
Re: French Team Refuses To Train by tkb417(m): 6:52pm On Jun 22, 2010
^^^^ makes sense
Re: French Team Refuses To Train by tkb417(m): 8:25pm On Jun 22, 2010
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8752612.stm

same thing happened between Muntari and his coach
Re: French Team Refuses To Train by eldee(m): 8:34pm On Jun 22, 2010
tkb417:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8752612.stm

same thing happened between Muntari and his coach

Rajevac apparently wanted to send Muntari home, but was dissuaded after a plea from captain Stephen Appiah.
The Ghanaian Football Association said he had been "accordingly reprimanded".
"We wish to state that Sulley Muntari reacted angrily and in a manner that was offensive to the team's code of conduct in the aftermath of Ghana's game against Australia," the GFA said in a statement.

"He was accordingly reprimanded for his behaviour with[b] the player explaining that his actions were borne out of his frustration by the team's inability to record a win.[/b]"
Re: French Team Refuses To Train by eldee(m): 8:46pm On Jun 22, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^

You see what I was saying about initial reaction and the coach managing the team himself??

Here . . . the coach, not the FA wanted to send Muntari home, the captain reacted by pleading on his behalf.
It was already handled in-house, and the FA had to respect the manager's decision.

Evra probably pleaded on Anelka's behalf before the FFF bypassed Domenech and sent Anelka home based on newspaper evidence.
Even Domenech didn't like the FFF's interference, and the strike was just an initial reaction.
Re: French Team Refuses To Train by tpiah: 8:49pm On Jun 22, 2010
this world cup is just weird.

too many antics.
Re: French Team Refuses To Train by mbulela: 12:45am On Jun 23, 2010
eldee:

Rajevac apparently wanted to send Muntari home, but was dissuaded after a plea from captain Stephen Appiah.
The Ghanaian Football Association said he had been "accordingly reprimanded".
"We wish to state that Sulley Muntari reacted angrily and in a manner that was offensive to the team's code of conduct in the aftermath of Ghana's game against Australia," the GFA said in a statement.

"He was accordingly reprimanded for his behaviour with[b] the player explaining that his actions were borne out of his frustration by the team's inability to record a win.[/b]"
eldee:

^^^^^^^^^^^

You see what I was saying about initial reaction and the coach managing the team himself??

Here . . . the coach, not the FA wanted to send Muntari home, the captain reacted by pleading on his behalf.
It was already handled in-house, and the FA had to respect the manager's decision.

Evra probably pleaded on Anelka's behalf before the FFF bypassed Domenech and sent Anelka home based on newspaper evidence.
Even Domenech didn't like the FFF's interference, and the strike was just an initial reaction.

you have forced me back again.
using the Muntari case as an example.
I wish to make a few points;
Stephen Appiah apologised to the coach on behalf of Muntari and probably the entire team.
Muntari showed remorse afterwards (and i can even stretch it to say he apologised).
Evra did not apologise (that has not been a part of any of the accounts we have heard).
Anelka vehemently refused to apologise.
FFF did not act without Domenech's consent and the action was only taken after Anelka refused to apologise.
Domenech is on record saying he supports the action of FFF as he considers his position in the team untenable.
Re: French Team Refuses To Train by mbulela: 1:00am On Jun 23, 2010
this man is a complete tool.
His mother must be ashamed at his stupidity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDrq1SM9f_o
Re: French Team Refuses To Train by eldee(m): 2:34am On Jun 23, 2010
mbulela:

you have forced me back again.
using the Muntari case as an example.
I wish to make a few points;
Stephen Appiah apologised to the coach on behalf of Muntari and probably the entire team.
Muntari showed remorse afterwards (and i can even stretch it to say he apologised).
Evra did not apologise (that has not been a part of any of the accounts we have heard).
Anelka vehemently refused to apologise.
FFF did not act without Domenech's consent and the action was only taken after Anelka refused to apologise.
Domenech is on record saying he supports the action of FFF as he considers his position in the team untenable.

That's another problem . . . we don't know if they apologised or not.
You're acting on what the press said . . . stories get twisted to sell papers. Evra said the press got it all wrong, we can't know if he is telling the truth because the FFF, like you, got all their information from the same newspapers.
If no one apologised, Domenech wouldn't have gone to criticise the actions taken by the FFF.

In my opinion, if at all a player says sumn wrong and refuses to apologise, it is Domenech's job to recommend that the player be sent home, not the FFF.
The doormat didn't even know Anelka had been sent home till the training session . . .
Re: French Team Refuses To Train by mbulela: 5:27am On Jun 23, 2010
eldee:

That's another problem . . . we don't know if they apologised or not.
You're acting on what the press said . . . stories get twisted to sell papers. Evra said the press got it all wrong, we can't know if he is telling the truth because the FFF, like you, got all their information from the same newspapers.
If no one apologised, Domenech wouldn't have gone to criticise the actions taken by the FFF.

In my opinion, if at all a player says sumn wrong and refuses to apologise, it is Domenech's job to recommend that the player be sent home, not the FFF.
The doormat didn't even know Anelka had been sent home till the training session . . .

last time i checked, Domenech said he was fully in support of the FFF action.
How can FFF take action based on the press?
FFF are on the ground themselves.
FFF say Anelka was asked to apologise and he refused.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/6220071/Domenech-backs-Anelka-expulsion
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/fifaworldcup/france/story/2010/06/20/sp-worldcup-france-anelka-domenech.html
Re: French Team Refuses To Train by mbulela: 6:01am On Jun 23, 2010
I hope you do not misconstrue my condemnation of Anelka et al to mean i am absolving the inept FFF and retarded Domenech.
FFF have acted worse than even NFF could dare to act.
What was the essence of appointing Blanc in January, then it leaked in February?
Bordeaux players knew Laurent was on his way, hence his authority in the team diminished instantly, an slowpoke like Domenech thenbecame a complete lame duck.

this drama will run and run and i am enjoying every bit of it in an otherwise bland world cup.
Re: French Team Refuses To Train by eldee(m): 6:02am On Jun 23, 2010
mbulela:

last time i checked, Domenech said he was fully in support of the FFF action.
FFF are on the ground themselves.
FFF say Anelka was asked to apologise and he refused.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/6220071/Domenech-backs-Anelka-expulsion
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/fifaworldcup/france/story/2010/06/20/sp-worldcup-france-anelka-domenech.html

As I said, Domenech is a silly doormat . . . here is what he said before it blew into sumn bigger

"It was not a confrontation," he told French television station TF1. "People cannot imagine the pressure. We are in a dressing room - the coach says something to a player who is already under pressure, he can react angrily, and with strong words.

"He did not react in the most suitable fashion, but it was just a guy sitting in his corner and muttering - that would not have mattered had it stayed there.

"What was important was that it made the front page of a newspaper, and that exposes the internal life of the squad. I sorted out the problem internally, and as far as I was concerned it was done and dusted.

The FFF only came in after the press reported it, that's when it became a national issue.
Left to Domenech, it was 'done and dusted' . . . but when the FFF came in, he started demanding an apology.
This is what got the players annoyed. . . it was a normal dressing room thing, till it leaked to the press, the FFF didn't even know till L'Equipe reported.

mbulela:

Oh, so you find that surprising too?? That's exactly what the players were annoyed at.
The Anelka incident was a dressing room incident, FFF officials don't come to the dressing room . . . Evra said sumone leaked it to the press, and Domenech said it was done and dusted, the only source was the press and that got them pissed.

'It(FFF) has made a decision (to send Anelka home) without consulting all the players, on the basis of the facts reported by the press.' - Evra
Re: French Team Refuses To Train by Nobody: 6:10am On Jun 23, 2010
thank god the nightmare is over!!!!!
they are all going back to their respective clubs and L.Blanc is taking over. lots of heads are going to fall after this fiasco.
the details are all gonna come out in due time, Anelka has been told to keep quiet by Chelsea until the end of the WC. you can be sure that he will tell us HIS side of the story although he already acknowledged that he insulted Domenech.

lets look to the future and hope for a better display on euro2012 and WC2016.
Re: French Team Refuses To Train by mbulela: 10:31am On Jun 23, 2010
eldee:

As I said, Domenech is a silly doormat . . . here is what he said before it blew into sumn bigger

"It was not a confrontation," he told French television station TF1. "People cannot imagine the pressure. We are in a dressing room - the coach says something to a player who is already under pressure, he can react angrily, and with strong words.

"He did not react in the most suitable fashion, but it was just a guy sitting in his corner and muttering - that would not have mattered had it stayed there.

"What was important was that it made the front page of a newspaper, and that exposes the internal life of the squad. I sorted out the problem internally, and as far as I was concerned it was done and dusted.

The FFF only came in after the press reported it, that's when it became a national issue.
Left to Domenech, it was 'done and dusted' . . . but when the FFF came in, he started demanding an apology.
This is what got the players annoyed. . . it was a normal dressing room thing, till it leaked to the press, the FFF didn't even know till L'Equipe reported.

Oh, so you find that surprising too?? That's exactly what the players were annoyed at.
The Anelka incident was a dressing room incident, FFF officials don't come to the dressing room . . . Evra said sumone leaked it to the press, and Domenech said it was done and dusted, the only source was the press and that got them pissed.

'It(FFF) has made a decision (to send Anelka home) without consulting all the players, on the basis of the facts reported by the press.' - Evra

Domenech said: "The sanction is justified and I support the federation.

"Nobody should behave in such a way. High level sportsmen have to lead by example."

Domenech said on the French television show Telefoot on Sunday that "I gave him the chance to come and talk and to say sorry" but that "he didn't want to and that's why I went along" with the French soccer federation's decision to throw Anelka out.

Domenech added it was not "a personal problem between the coach and the player," but "a problem concerning the federation and the image of the French team."
Re: French Team Refuses To Train by eldee(m): 1:19pm On Jun 23, 2010
mbulela:

Domenech said: "The sanction is justified and I support the federation.

"Nobody should behave in such a way. High level sportsmen have to lead by example."[/b]

Domenech said on the French television show Telefoot on Sunday that "I gave him the chance to come and talk and to say sorry" but that "he didn't want to and [b]that's why I went along" with the French soccer federation's decision to throw Anelka out.

Domenech added it was not "a personal problem between the coach and the player," but "a problem concerning the federation and the image of the French team."

Can't you see the key words in this??
As he already said in my last post . . . it was 'done and dusted' and 'handled internally' and 'it would not have mattered had it stayed there' . . . but when the press reported it and the FFF came in, he 'went along with the French Soccer Federation's decision'.

So he's not the one that made the decision, the FFF did and they based it on newspaper reports instead of an investigation.

You seem not to see why the players are angry, Domenech wasn't concerned with an apology or anything, till the FFF got info of it from the press.
Infact, before the press came in, he was more like protecting the player . . . letting your the FFF and Domenech to base decisions on what a newspaper said is what caused the strike, not Anelka being sent home.
Re: French Team Refuses To Train by mbulela: 3:12pm On Jun 24, 2010
Henry went to talk to Sarkozy,
Evra promised new disclosures in the next few days,

Something misterious and outrageous must have happened,

It's better than a movie!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Barcelona VS Chelsea (Women's Champions League) At 5:45pm Today / Top 5 Best Betting Sites In Nigeria 2022 / Waldrum Picks Ebi, Oshoala, 21 Others For Revelation Cup In Mexico

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.