Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,328 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Osinbajo And Ahmed Lawan Meet Inside Aso Rock - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo And Ahmed Lawan Meet Inside Aso Rock (20873 Views)

Peter Obi And Ahmed Datti Meet Ex President Goodluck Jonathan (Photos) / Dayyabu Lawan: Meet A Nigerian Politician Who Is A Tea Maker In Kano / APC Crisis: Buhari, Lawan Meet In Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo And Ahmed Lawan Meet Inside Aso Rock by TheTrueSeeker: 4:07pm On Aug 06, 2018
The Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo, on Monday met behind closed doors with the Senate Leader, Ahmed Lawan, at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

The meeting came at a time the ruling All Progressives Congress and some senators elected on its platform are insisting that the President of the Senate, Bukola Saraki, must vacate his seat having defected to the opposition Peoples Democratic Party.

It also came as the Presidency continued to appeal to the National Assembly to cut short its ongoing vacation in order to attend to the budget of the Independent National Electoral Commission and other issues of national importance currently before the federal lawmakers.

Lawan was accompanied to the meeting by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on National Assembly Matters (Senate), Ita Enang.

The meeting was still ongoing at the time of filing this report.

Details later…

https://punchng.com/breaking-osinbajo-senate-leader-meet-inside-aso-rock/

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo And Ahmed Lawan Meet Inside Aso Rock by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 06, 2018
And the plot continues.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo And Ahmed Lawan Meet Inside Aso Rock by Johnnyessence(m): 4:13pm On Aug 06, 2018
osinbajo is still a new breed in nigeria politics. you can't impeach bukola saraki. their lawyer falana have already cleared the air about it. it is only omo baba oloye that can recoven the senate. and it will happen next month. mere commissioner prof osinbajo is still a learner in nigeria politics. resumption of the nigeria senate is september 25.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo And Ahmed Lawan Meet Inside Aso Rock by Daviddson(m): 4:15pm On Aug 06, 2018
Whenever this sort of meeting takes place in America, it'll strictly be about the people who elected them to serve, not how to share the spoils of war or strategize for next election. Eg, Obama frantically meeting Congress leaders on how to make sure his medic care bill sees the light of the day or Trump meeting same to ask for their support for the construction of border wall to stem the tide of illegal migration from Mexico who are suspected to be largely responsible for violent crimes.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo And Ahmed Lawan Meet Inside Aso Rock by aribisala0(m): 4:24pm On Aug 06, 2018
Do not believe everything you read on the internet.

If Baba Oloye dies ,is kidnapped, runs mad, has a stroke or goes missing and the Senate needs to open it will without him

If there is need to declare a state of emergency or go to war the Senate will open without Baba Oloye

Oja Oyingbo ko mo pe enikan ko wa.

The reality is removing Saraki is the easiest thing to do . Whether legally or not. We saw this at the state level under PDP so we are not virgins. We know how it workss. He will go to court and win the case in 1 or 2 years time just like we saw in Rivers State under Amaechi/Jonathan.

Though honestly for me there is no need to remove him. I do not see him obstructing money for election so why remove him. ? Pride maybe but either way The federal might in the hands of a skilled operator can only be matched by a coup.

None of the oppposition candidates is so revered that the masses wantto die for them.
Though I am sure a delude few would die for Buhari

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo And Ahmed Lawan Meet Inside Aso Rock by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:32pm On Aug 06, 2018
aribisala0:

If Baba Oloye dies ,is kidnapped, runs mad, has a stroke or goes missing and the Senate needs to open it will without him

If there is need to declare a state of emergency or go to war the Senate will open without Baba Oloye

The reality is removing Saraki is the easiest thing to do . Whether legally or not. We saw this at the state level under PDP so we are not virgins. We know how it workss. He will go to court and win the case in 1 or 2 years time just like we saw in Rivers State under Amaechi/Jonathan.

Though honestly for me there is no need to remove him. I do not see him obstructing money for election so why remove him. ? Pride maybe but either way The federal might in the hands of a skilled operator can only be matched by a coup.

None of the oppposition candidates is so revered that the masses wantto die for them.

You cant try it baba.Na only online your noise end.Only Saraki or Ekweremadu can reconvene the senate.Suck on it

9 Likes

Re: Osinbajo And Ahmed Lawan Meet Inside Aso Rock by citizenY(m): 4:38pm On Aug 06, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

You cant try it baba.Na only online your noise end.Only Saraki or Ekweremadu can reconvene the senate.Suck on it

The senators can demand for it. I think.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo And Ahmed Lawan Meet Inside Aso Rock by 912(m): 4:41pm On Aug 06, 2018
I am not sure this Osibanjo was ever a pastor.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo And Ahmed Lawan Meet Inside Aso Rock by middlebeltboy: 4:43pm On Aug 06, 2018
what is this cunning midget of a fake pastor trying to do?

to impeach saraki from his own inconsequential office?

#JustNegedo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo And Ahmed Lawan Meet Inside Aso Rock by spartanman007(m): 4:44pm On Aug 06, 2018
Let them be left in suspense.
Re: Osinbajo And Ahmed Lawan Meet Inside Aso Rock by Joylove2324(f): 4:44pm On Aug 06, 2018
senator Ahmad lawan should have been the senate president instead of omo kwara but all the same APC can still correct their mistakes.......weldone prof yemi osinbajo our future president

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo And Ahmed Lawan Meet Inside Aso Rock by StillX10(m): 4:45pm On Aug 06, 2018
They shall meet to scatter
Re: Osinbajo And Ahmed Lawan Meet Inside Aso Rock by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:45pm On Aug 06, 2018
citizenY:

The senators can demand for it. I think.

it is their right to demand and that of Saraki to refuse cool cool cool cool

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo And Ahmed Lawan Meet Inside Aso Rock by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:46pm On Aug 06, 2018
Joylove2324:
senator Ahmad lawan should have been the senate president instead of omo kwara but all the same APC can still correct their mistakes.......weldone prof yemi osinbajo our future president

He relied on the local champion not knowing he was not talented in playing national politics like he did his local politics

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo And Ahmed Lawan Meet Inside Aso Rock by Metuh: 4:47pm On Aug 06, 2018
aribisala0:

Online tiger. grin

Always in his faraway mud house in Osun typing things from his hallucinating experiences.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo And Ahmed Lawan Meet Inside Aso Rock by raumdeuter: 4:47pm On Aug 06, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

Because Senate na Saraki personal property?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo And Ahmed Lawan Meet Inside Aso Rock by bigsunnel: 4:48pm On Aug 06, 2018
Osinbajo is known to always involved in steps that will bring peace and progress to the country...I believe this meeting will bring good result

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osinbajo And Ahmed Lawan Meet Inside Aso Rock by Deputy1111(m): 4:48pm On Aug 06, 2018
When Osinbajo hold this kind meeting,,be rest assure that they are in for peace and progress of Nigeria...

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo And Ahmed Lawan Meet Inside Aso Rock by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:52pm On Aug 06, 2018
raumdeuter:

Because Senate na Saraki personal property?

If you want to take it go and secure 2/3 majority or STFU tongue tongue tongue

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo And Ahmed Lawan Meet Inside Aso Rock by citizenY(m): 5:20pm On Aug 06, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

In an assembly of equals?

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo And Ahmed Lawan Meet Inside Aso Rock by Bimpe29: 5:35pm On Aug 06, 2018
Johnnyessence:
osinbajo is still a new breed in nigeria politics. you can't impeach bukola saraki. their lawyer falana have already cleared the air about it. it is only omo baba oloye that can recoven the senate. and it will happen next month. mere commissioner prof osinbajo is still a learner in nigeria politics. resumption of the nigeria senate is september 25.
Hahaha! Let Ali Ndume catch you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo And Ahmed Lawan Meet Inside Aso Rock by quickberry(m): 5:54pm On Aug 06, 2018
Johnnyessence:

New breed? Ask OBJ what Osinbajo did to him when Osinbajo was commissioner of justice in lagos state.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo And Ahmed Lawan Meet Inside Aso Rock by BabaRamota1980: 5:56pm On Aug 06, 2018
aribisala0:

This is the simple truth!

These pro Saraki people talk as if Nigerian politicians dont know how to twist the hand of law and get their way. They undersestimate the power in the hands of an incumbent.

Saraki will end up relinquishing the post. Supplying thugs with unlicensed high weapon caliber ak47 is a serious crime. Forget about fact they robbed, thats not an issue for Saraki, he didnt send them.....but the weapons were used in killing 31 persons, thats significant to stand on its own against Saraki.

The two sides will come to some compromise

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo And Ahmed Lawan Meet Inside Aso Rock by MrsNwaAmaikpe(f): 6:06pm On Aug 06, 2018
shocked shocked
Re: Osinbajo And Ahmed Lawan Meet Inside Aso Rock by 9jatriot(m): 6:06pm On Aug 06, 2018
All it will take will be a court injunction demanding that the senate reopens to business, since Saraki is now on the other side... if he does not, get another judgement that claims he attempted in contempt of the court and demand for his arrest. Now Saraki will try and appeal that arrest only that he has also offended the IGP, who will be extra motivated to carry out the court order to arrest him.

Saraki is just lucky that PMB is not Obasanjo, all these gra gra would have been cut to size. I recalled how we all argued here that GEJ could not remove Sanusi on his own but they still found a loophole to remove him.

The kind of power the executives weighs is too much, the president may decide to use it or not to.

PaChukwudi44:

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo And Ahmed Lawan Meet Inside Aso Rock by FisifunKododada: 6:09pm On Aug 06, 2018
So how much does PDP have left for the remaining transfer window? Saraki should look for some big money to buy a new player to compensate for Akpabio's move to APC. Preferably a playmaker from the SW. Someone who will give Tinubu and Buhari something to worry about.

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo And Ahmed Lawan Meet Inside Aso Rock by Johnnyessence(m): 6:11pm On Aug 06, 2018
quickberry:

New breed? Ask OBJ what Osinbajo did to him when Osinbajo was commissioner of justice in lagos state.
lol what did osinbajo did please. nairaland politician always amazed me with their comment. well let me enlighten you further, obj didn't pay the lagos money through out his term. it was yaradua that paid that money in full.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo And Ahmed Lawan Meet Inside Aso Rock by Djinja: 6:11pm On Aug 06, 2018
If they are meeting for good then may it go well but if they are meeting for evil may thunder fire them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo And Ahmed Lawan Meet Inside Aso Rock by FisifunKododada: 6:12pm On Aug 06, 2018
Joylove2324:

See you fresh like Agege bread wey dem just comot for oven. How is u? wink
Re: Osinbajo And Ahmed Lawan Meet Inside Aso Rock by hollywater: 6:12pm On Aug 06, 2018
Ordinary commi......complete it for me.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? / (photos)ABA BAD Roads And People Suffering / Why Dogara’s Removal As Reps Speaker Will Be Difficult –reps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.