Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,687 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

Who Is Your Best Newspaper Columnist In Nigeria Ever? - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Who Is Your Best Newspaper Columnist In Nigeria Ever? (19427 Views)

Writers, Bloggers, Columnist!!!!!! Where Art Thou??? / Contributors/columnist In A Fast Rising Lifestyle Magazine / Sun Newspaper Vs Punch Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Your Best Newspaper Columnist In Nigeria Ever? by nnemak(m): 8:53am On Jun 22, 2010
Uncle Tunde Fagbenle grin grin
Re: Who Is Your Best Newspaper Columnist In Nigeria Ever? by fuke(m): 9:29am On Jun 22, 2010
T
Re: Who Is Your Best Newspaper Columnist In Nigeria Ever? by mbulela: 9:55am On Jun 22, 2010
Basics007:

Then i used to like Isioma Daniels until the bad boys declared fatwa on her for supposedly insultin Prophet Mohammed and she vamoosed into thin air like that.
ISI BABY IF U R READING THIS PLS COME BACK ALL IS FORGIVEN!
lai lai!!
you want the girl to come back and be Kaitarized.
Re: Who Is Your Best Newspaper Columnist In Nigeria Ever? by ray4life(m): 10:13am On Jun 22, 2010
for me, it's the trio of Simon Kolawole, Olusegun Adeniyi and Eziuche Ubani
Unfortunately both Olusegun Adeniyi and Eziuche Ubani left for the presidency and the house of assembly respectively. I hope they come back.
Re: Who Is Your Best Newspaper Columnist In Nigeria Ever? by Nobody: 11:00am On Jun 22, 2010
For 3 wks now i av not been with my phone (for browsing). While these days lasted, i noticed that i was somewhat restless on tuesdays, wed.and fridays esp fridays just b/c i av to read Okey Ndibe, Oteve Nwosu and FEMI ADESINA all from the sun. I think Femi is the best. His choice of words and articulativeness in expression of ideas and interests ,endears him to me.
Re: Who Is Your Best Newspaper Columnist In Nigeria Ever? by Nobody: 11:01am On Jun 22, 2010
For 3 wks now i av not been with my phone (for browsing). While these days lasted, i noticed that i was somewhat restless on tuesdays, wed.and fridays esp fridays just b/c i av to read Okey Ndibe, Oteve Nwosu and FEMI ADESINA all from the sun. I think Femi is the best. His choice of words and articulativeness in expression of ideas and interests ,endears him to me.
Re: Who Is Your Best Newspaper Columnist In Nigeria Ever? by Homonide: 11:43am On Jun 22, 2010
I have a bias for the Nation Newspaper, so naturally they parade my favourite Columnists even though they might not be the best. As a matter of fact, i love most of their Columnists especially Tatalo Alamu and Sam Omatseye.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Best Newspaper Columnist In Nigeria Ever? by akwaowoudo(m): 4:00pm On Jun 22, 2010
My best outgrown columnist at the moment is Mike Awoyinfa of Sunday sun newspaper; his concords of english coupled with syntax of presentation takes me off my feet right from the era of Concord newspaper. Next on my queue is a young promising Thomas Thomas of Salient Point in Global Concord. Infact the duo have lubricating oil at the tip of their writing pens. I salute them.
Re: Who Is Your Best Newspaper Columnist In Nigeria Ever? by akwaowoudo(m): 4:01pm On Jun 22, 2010
My best outgrown columnist at the moment is Mike Awoyinfa of Sunday sun newspaper; his concords of english coupled with syntax of presentation takes me off my feet right from the era of Concord newspaper. Next on my queue is a young promising Thomas Thomas of Salient Point in Global Concord. Infact the duo have lubricating oil at the tip of their writing pens. I salute them.
Re: Who Is Your Best Newspaper Columnist In Nigeria Ever? by temodent(m): 5:00pm On Jun 22, 2010
Reuben Abati is simply the best, I always look forward to Fridays and Sundays just to read his column.
He is followed by Azu until recently when the scandal broke out and left me heartbroken. Can we really trust any Nigerian in a position of authority and influence?.
Re: Who Is Your Best Newspaper Columnist In Nigeria Ever? by Blue2(m): 9:47pm On Jun 22, 2010
Rueben abati without a doubt
Re: Who Is Your Best Newspaper Columnist In Nigeria Ever? by ud4real: 1:19am On Jun 23, 2010
casmir igbokwe of punch on sunday back page.will give it to him anyday anytime.
Re: Who Is Your Best Newspaper Columnist In Nigeria Ever? by bidell1(f): 8:48am On Jun 23, 2010
[size=28pt]RUBEN ABATI-------Guardian Newspapers[/size]
Re: Who Is Your Best Newspaper Columnist In Nigeria Ever? by Greycells(m): 3:12pm On Jun 23, 2010
Bisi Ojediran, Thisday!

Ruben Abati

kola Animshaun

Simon Kolawole

Kayode Komolafe

Steve Nwosu

Edwin Madunagu
Re: Who Is Your Best Newspaper Columnist In Nigeria Ever? by Roliks09: 7:31am On Jun 24, 2010
Its definately Reuben Abati! He's the best. I also like Adidi Uyo's Language on Parade, which isnt featured too often, I love Biodun Jeiyifo. All of the Guardian.
Re: Who Is Your Best Newspaper Columnist In Nigeria Ever? by Roliks09: 7:31am On Jun 24, 2010
Its definately Reuben Abati! He's the best. I also like Adidi Uyo's Language on Parade, which isnt featured too often, I love Biodun Jeiyifo. All of the Guardian.
Re: Who Is Your Best Newspaper Columnist In Nigeria Ever? by MyneWhite1(f): 10:26pm On Jun 24, 2010
I think you listed the best of them.

G-reycells:

Bisi Ojediran, Thisday!

Ruben Abati

kola Animshaun

Simon Kolawole

Kayode Komolafe

Steve Nwosu

Edwin Madunagu

Re: Who Is Your Best Newspaper Columnist In Nigeria Ever? by mbulela: 11:44pm On Sep 16, 2010
the man with the caustic tongue (pen) - IKE OKONTA
Re: Who Is Your Best Newspaper Columnist In Nigeria Ever? by webbjamie(m): 6:13pm On May 15, 2012
USORO USORO,formerly of the Sun newspapers.That guy was hilarious grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Is Your Best Newspaper Columnist In Nigeria Ever? by AlexAgbo(m): 9:33pm On Nov 18, 2013
chigo4u: The countdown begins; there are certain newspaper columnist that make you run to newstands during their days of publication to grab their newspaper(s), I mean columns of certain newspapers you hate to miss, the newspaper and the columnist involved in the article. I know we have so many garbage newspaper columns and columnist in Nigeria today but we still have exceptions and those that meet international standards. These few exceptions are who I want us to celebrate for making reading their articles worthwhile so let the countdown begin, who is your best newspaper columnist in Nigeria? Let's go
You just took the words out of my mouth. Permit me to add Funke Egbemode of Sunday Sun,Steve Omatseye,biased Mahmud Jega and Usoro Usoro.
Re: Who Is Your Best Newspaper Columnist In Nigeria Ever? by Freelancer007(m): 6:10pm On Aug 19, 2015
Re: Who Is Your Best Newspaper Columnist In Nigeria Ever? by oryina5(m): 7:15pm On Sep 29, 2017
Okey Ndibe of the sun towers above them all
Re: Who Is Your Best Newspaper Columnist In Nigeria Ever? by zoedew: 2:00pm On Dec 18, 2017
Parnassuss:
Tatalo Alamu of The Nation. I will never forget his story on Murtala, the best piece ever to grace a newspaper's flesh.

This is one columnist I long to meet in person. He is as ancient as he is modern! Tatalo Alamu is, for me, the best columnist in Nigeria even now that’s seven years after OP called for nominations!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

John Grisham Fan Club / DAYO'S ANGEL( Love, Lust And Betrayal) / Mysterious Ileya Ram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.