Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,788 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? (9602 Views)

Poll: Was Kaka's red card deserved?

Yes: 58% (61 votes)
No: 41% (43 votes)
This poll has ended

Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? / Kaka Biography And Lifestyle. / Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Ronaldinho Vs Kaka Vs Thierry Henry, Who Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by dayokanu(m): 7:16am On Jun 21, 2010
When Kaita was running at Kaka without looking what do you expect Kaka to do? vapourize?
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by medjai(m): 7:23am On Jun 21, 2010
cant believe i missed this game.
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by Wilfem(m): 7:26am On Jun 21, 2010
Of course he really deserved it. I wonder why the debate on this particular topic self. I must even confess that I'm disappointed in Kaka. I didn't expect such kind of a thing from a high profile player like him.
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by tkb417(m): 8:07am On Jun 21, 2010
Disgusting act from another kaita

asswipe!!!!

same thing the Greek did when our own Kaita threw his leg at him

FIFA shd stop all these Hollywood actors from playing football

This is football not salsa for christs sake
why fly to the ground as if he was hit by thunder?

monsters!!
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by tkb417(m): 8:10am On Jun 21, 2010
99 percent of you guys are blind. the guy had a genuine reason to hold his face. let me break it down
1, ivorian player is totally oblivious to the presence of kaka so he is running towards him with his body all loose
2, he makes an impact with kakas body and while his body is stopped by the impact, his head is still moving at the velocity at which he was coming initially so that his head makes like a slingshot and crashes into kakas head. now after this explanation go back and review the video and watch how his body is stopped by the impact while his head launches into kakas face. it was this impact that he held his head about. he totally was not faking it. and kaka was wrong for sticking his elbow out

if you dont change from ur ways

u will rot in hell fire cos all liars will be given bedrooms in Hell

what the hell?
Kaka made contact with his chest and the lieing asstard held his head shocked shocked; ue hear saying his head crashed into Kakas head

what kinda TV did u watch urs from?
wtf
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by Nobody: 8:14am On Jun 21, 2010
^^^
he 'watched' frm BBC radio commentary cheesy
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by adeks2: 8:22am On Jun 21, 2010
Lets be sincere with ourselves, kaka deserved that card. Though the guy over-acted but Kaka's shoulder hit the guy's face(his chin to be precise) and his hand hit keita's chest . The guy was coming and didn't see kaka and instead of kaka to leave the way when he saw him coming, he used his elbow to block him. It
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by BabaO2: 8:44am On Jun 21, 2010
Am surprised nobody has commented on the brazil's second goal, it was a deliberate hand ball. Replay showed that the referee was aware. That referee seem to have taken bribe.
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by tkb417(m): 8:47am On Jun 21, 2010
^^^im also surprised nobody has made comments on the tackle that nealy broke Elanos leg into 2

The boi needs to be imprisoned in Guantanamo bay for tryin to break someones leg
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by silvaspecs: 8:47am On Jun 21, 2010
Keita Really Really deserved it. Oooops  its a shame that the black man was just running towards the white man without any wisdom. Shame ;on Keita, a[b]fter all, All Keitas are the same, Lol[/b]
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by landtraza(m): 8:47am On Jun 21, 2010
ayo84:

Kaja is a clever dude, that poo was on purpose , but the CÏV player also did some acting,i mean some oOscarwinning acting there.LLAKED!!!

your right, but they were playing a football match, it is never in any way wrestling, boxing or elbowing competition. i think that reff should have issued a direct red, but he choose a yellow card.
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by silvaspecs: 8:50am On Jun 21, 2010
@ Baba_O, YES u are correct the refree was fully aware that it was a fowl gama Fabiano played there, cos they later showed the Ref telling Fabiano that he was AWARE!!
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by Thor(m): 8:54am On Jun 21, 2010
African Nations Football = We Can't Play Football
African Nations Football = We Lost because of racism
African Nations Football = Decisions are always against us because we are black
African Nations Football = We will Shortly be going home from the world cup
African Nations Football = We are a Joke, just like our nations we are pathetic, badly managed and backward
African Nations Football = We look for any excuse for why we lose and are no good
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

You can make all the analysis you like, all the accusations, but it makes no difference. AFRICAN FOOTBALL IS  A BIG JOKE   angry angry

In another week there will be no more African teams in the World Cup, maybe then we can settle down and enjoy what is left without all this bullsh1t  grin

The only problem we are then left with are the Vuvuzelas  grin grin grin
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by landtraza(m): 8:55am On Jun 21, 2010
tkb417:

^^^im also surprised nobody has made comments on the tackle that nealy broke Elanos leg into 2

The boi needs to be imprisoned in Guantanamo bay for tryin to break someones leg
little JOHNY that ant a fowl. it was only a hard tackle. cheesy cheesy :Dl
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by tosinaded(m): 8:55am On Jun 21, 2010
the match got really terrible late on into the game!
kaka got wat he deserved, besides he didnt get a red card, he got two yellow cards for stupid off the ball incidents!!!!
offwhich in my opinion he should av been sent off for the first tackle!
he didnt even complain after the second yellow. . . he knew wut he did jor!
he saw keita coming and he just stood there with his elbow! common thats wicked. . . .

the ivorians had two dirty tackles with there studs on the ankles of the brazillians! they should av been sent of. . .
Fabiano scored a goal of the tournament, but he handled the ball, . . . it should av been cancelled
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by landtraza(m): 9:00am On Jun 21, 2010
Thor:

African Nations Football = We Can't Play Football
African Nations Football = We Lost because of racism
African Nations Football =Decisions are always against us because we are black
African Nations Football = We will Shortly be going home from the world cup
African Nations Football = We are a Joke, just like our nations we are pathetic, badly managed and backward

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

You can make all the analysis you like, all the accusations, but it makes no difference. AFRICAN FOOTBALL IS  A BIG JOKE   angry angry

In another week there will be no more African teams in the World Cup, maybe then we can settle down and enjoy what is left without all this bullsh1t  grin

The only problem we are then left with are the Vuvuzelas  grin grin grin
lets bet GHANA  is in for good. semis or even final, get it and shot up you generation of little faith.
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by landtraza(m): 9:07am On Jun 21, 2010
Wilfem:

Of course he really deserved it. I wonder why the debate on this particular topic self. I must even confess that I'm disappointed in Kaka. I didn't expect such kind of a thing from a high profile player like him.
tell them bro. grin
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by TeeJay6(m): 9:28am On Jun 21, 2010
The ref was a joke, first he refused to issue a red card to the Ivory coast player who went studs into elano's shin he then gives kaka a yellow card for an off the ball incident he didnt see and one that was surely not worthy of any card colour.

If as some allege on here it was a delibrate foul by kaka, why was he not given a straight red?
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by DejiYesufu(m): 9:47am On Jun 21, 2010
This is the first 3 page thread in which I have read every contribution. Nice work guys.
I am a Kaka fan and its hard to see he was wrong but from the video here it was apparent he had some intention to hurt (or maybe restrain) the IV chap. The IV player too deserve an oscar for his theaterics.
Nobody has mentioned Kaka religious beliefs in relations to his actions. He should have been better controlled as a Christian. Maybe momentary madness; Dunga had done enough heating up his players. Nevertheless Kaka remains my man and the man of that match!
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by temmytanny(m): 10:06am On Jun 21, 2010
He deserves it even though keita play acted. kaka elbowed him in the chest and thats equal to sanni kaita incident
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by babaogun(m): 10:09am On Jun 21, 2010
I am a big Ivory Coast fan, but if the referee saw what happened, he might not have shown a second yellow to the lad. why?

It was an off the ball incidence, with Kaka backing Keita and Keita running to wards him and bumping into him. He only reacted to fend off what might have been an atack.

Anyways, I wish it was a penalty that Ivory Coast scored we are arguing about rather than a red card offence that doesnt affect the game and might hunt Ivory Coast. Why?

Brazil don't have a Kaka against Portugal and if Portugal beats Brazil, I don't see Ivory Coast qualifying!!!
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by larimo(m): 10:18am On Jun 21, 2010
If that is a yellow card offense, then Ivory Coast should have finished with 9 men with the tackles from Tiote and Keita himself.

Too bad for CIV, cos the player and team capable of doing them a favour in beating Portugal will certainly have a change of mind.
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by tkb417(m): 10:29am On Jun 21, 2010
if that was a red card
then all the shovings, pullings and dragging whenever corner kicks are taken should be red cards

all a player need to do is fall like he caught 'magun' and then hold the head as if a bomb was placed on it and pronto the player who pulled will be sent off

what kinda player flies to the ground cos he was not allowed to bump into someone else
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by johndavid1(m): 10:36am On Jun 21, 2010
Gaggi:

^^^
he 'watched' frm BBC radio commentary cheesy
grin grin grin funny!
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by ud4u: 11:01am On Jun 21, 2010
Yes he deserved it
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by marxy: 11:05am On Jun 21, 2010
Kaka didn't deserve the red card and personal i believe this red card should have been avoided by the ivorians, depending on the outcome of the match between Portugal and N. Korea, the Ivorians would now be hoping Brazil beats Portugal in their final group match to have a chance of qualifing for the knockout stages without their star man kaka and possible without elano who was injured, to me i think the ivorians just dug a hole for themselve.
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by babaogun(m): 11:29am On Jun 21, 2010
I forgot to mention, If the ref wanted to follow the rules to the letter, that should have been a straight redf rather than a 2nd yellow card!!!
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by hobat4cash(m): 11:52am On Jun 21, 2010
Some quetions for answers
1.where was keita rushing to when the game was on hold?
2. why must it be in kaka's direction that he chose to rush or run to afterall the field was large enough?
3.are we giving our answers objectively or are we clouded by sentiments?
4.does kaka have a history of being malicious?
5. In going towards kaka did keita have any ulterior motives?
6. if a person is about to bump onto you what will be your first initial reflex reaction?
If we can answer this questions truthfully then it's all good.
My verdict: not worthy of a yellow card.
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by alex406(m): 11:57am On Jun 21, 2010
Yes he deserves the red card.He shouldn't have punched the guy on his chest.He acted like an African man there.
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by GBT(m): 12:00pm On Jun 21, 2010
True there was abit of play acting onthe part of the  ivorian hey if it were the brazilian he would have done same!

Really why debate it face it he is a big time pro who should know better and he already had a yellow, he should have acted sanely and not Keitastrophically[b][/b][img][/img] grin , ( Lol)
Re: Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? by Akainzo(m): 12:03pm On Jun 21, 2010
Personally, Kaka DID NOT deserve that 2nd yellow card!

I have paused, rewound and slowed down this incident on TV that I am now convinced in my thoughts, the card was not deserved and should not have been issued.

Keita was running without looking at where he was going, his trajectory took him towards Kaka and was going straight into Kaka. Kaka did the most natural thing which is to protect yourself instinctively, his arm came up to absolve the impact of Keita's body crashing into him. Note his arm made contact with Keita and not his elbow. To confirm this, at the point of impact, Kaka's arm still came back to strike him in the ribs. With a raised elbow, your arm wont hit your ribs as it is steeled and anchored at the shoulders. If you have a PVR please slow the incident down and you can confirm this.

Football is a contact sports and should be judged as such. Yes, I acknowledge that with the benefit of hindsight, I'd ask Kaka why he just didn't step away, but that does not imply that he committed an offense. If you watch football, you'd know that defenders are not expected to relinquish their positions simply because an attacker wants that space.

The card is NOT deserved, and now CIV have lost their ally as there is no way Brazil would do them any favours in their match against Portugal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Messi-suarez-neymar(msn) V Benzema-bale-cristiano Ronaldo (BBC) / Switzerland Vs Costa Rica: World Cup (2 - 2) oN 27th June 2018 / Eagles Return-tickets Were Booked Before Q-Final Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.