Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,845 members, 7,813,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:47 PM

Reports that I Am Under Pressure To Drop My Deputy A Blatant Lie– Adamawa Gov - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reports that I Am Under Pressure To Drop My Deputy A Blatant Lie– Adamawa Gov (8520 Views)

INEC Issues Certificates Of Return To Adamawa Gov-Elect (Umaru Fintiri), Deputy / It's A Blatant Lie, Dan Iya Is Still A PDP Member - Sokoto Dep-gov's Office / Akeredolu: I'm Shocked Akure People Didn't Vote For Me; My Deputy Was A Snake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reports that I Am Under Pressure To Drop My Deputy A Blatant Lie– Adamawa Gov by agabusta: 3:32pm On Aug 07, 2018
I am not under pressure to drop my deputy – Adamawa Governor

Governor Muhammadu Bindow of Adamawa State has denied a report making the round that he was under pressure to drop the state deputy governor, Martins Babale, for a Muslim candidate.

Mr Bindow in a press statement issued by the Commissioner of Information and Strategy, Ahmad Sajoh, described the report as “a blatant lie”.

The statement blamed desperate politicians who had lost relevance in the state of using ethnic and religious sentiments to discredit his administration ahead of 2019 general elections.

“We are aware that some politicians in Adamawa state who have totally lost political value and relevance have resorted to using ethnicity and religion as political currencies in the run-up to the 2019 elections.

“What is even worse is that these group of persons are willing to plunge this state into unending crisis if they are unable to achieve their political goals.

“In their desperation, they are prepared to go any length to score cheap political points including the recent hijacking of a peaceful procession organized by a credible religious body and now the hiring of a political tout masquerading as a journalist.”

While reiterating the commitment of the government not to be distracted by blackmail, the statement urged the media not to allow political jobbers use their platforms to settle personal scores.

“No amount of blackmail, intimidation or unholy use of ethnic chauvinism and religious bigotry, political jingoism or agbero-journalism will derail us.

“Let those who believe they have what to tell the electorate in 2019 step forward and face us in election using issues and achievements as factors that determine our relative electoral fortunes,” the statement added.

(NAN)

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/nnorth-east/279203-i-am-not-under-pressure-to-drop-my-deputy-adamawa-governor.html

2 Likes

Re: Reports that I Am Under Pressure To Drop My Deputy A Blatant Lie– Adamawa Gov by nzeobi(m): 3:39pm On Aug 07, 2018
“No amount of blackmail, intimidation or unholy use of ethnic chauvinism and religious bigotry, political jingoism or agbero-journalism will derail us.

see grama oh just say it's not possible to have Muslim-muslim ticket cos Christians have over 40% population in adamawa.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reports that I Am Under Pressure To Drop My Deputy A Blatant Lie– Adamawa Gov by agabusta: 3:42pm On Aug 07, 2018
nzeobi:

see grama oh just say it's not possible to have Muslim-muslim ticket cos Christians have over 40% population in adamawa.

Your comment portray you as part of the propaganda team.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reports that I Am Under Pressure To Drop My Deputy A Blatant Lie– Adamawa Gov by nzeobi(m): 3:50pm On Aug 07, 2018
agabusta:

Your comment portray you as part of the propaganda team.
what do I stand to gain from it.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Reports that I Am Under Pressure To Drop My Deputy A Blatant Lie– Adamawa Gov by Sirpaul(m): 6:48pm On Aug 07, 2018
wetin concern me...

Re: Reports that I Am Under Pressure To Drop My Deputy A Blatant Lie– Adamawa Gov by bjayx: 6:48pm On Aug 07, 2018
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Reports that I Am Under Pressure To Drop My Deputy A Blatant Lie– Adamawa Gov by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 07, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: Reports that I Am Under Pressure To Drop My Deputy A Blatant Lie– Adamawa Gov by BruncleZuma: 6:48pm On Aug 07, 2018
wink
Re: Reports that I Am Under Pressure To Drop My Deputy A Blatant Lie– Adamawa Gov by stano2(m): 6:49pm On Aug 07, 2018
Mr man because it became public you have come out to refute the news. It is not something you people can't do

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Reports that I Am Under Pressure To Drop My Deputy A Blatant Lie– Adamawa Gov by SEONaijaExpert: 6:49pm On Aug 07, 2018
Adamawa is shared by both Muslim and Christian communities. If he drops the Christian deputy Governor for a Muslim, he's just as good as gone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reports that I Am Under Pressure To Drop My Deputy A Blatant Lie– Adamawa Gov by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 07, 2018
cool

1 Like

Re: Reports that I Am Under Pressure To Drop My Deputy A Blatant Lie– Adamawa Gov by PehaKaso: 6:51pm On Aug 07, 2018

Re: Reports that I Am Under Pressure To Drop My Deputy A Blatant Lie– Adamawa Gov by Nobody: 6:52pm On Aug 07, 2018
nzeobi:

4 Likes

Re: Reports that I Am Under Pressure To Drop My Deputy A Blatant Lie– Adamawa Gov by KingKingKing: 6:53pm On Aug 07, 2018
any Yoruba slang established in Lagos seems to always be a National slang "AGBERO-journalism" "OSHAPRAPRA" "OSHEY" "OYA" "SHEBI" "SHEY" "OYINBO" etc lol

Nice one from the Adamawa govt

2 Likes

Re: Reports that I Am Under Pressure To Drop My Deputy A Blatant Lie– Adamawa Gov by Afamed: 6:56pm On Aug 07, 2018
nzeobi:

what do I stand to gain from it.
The Gov has come out to deny the rumours but you still want to force the lies , deceits and your propaganda on people by claiming the Gov should come out to tell you Muslim / Muslim ticket

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reports that I Am Under Pressure To Drop My Deputy A Blatant Lie– Adamawa Gov by asawanathegreat(m): 6:56pm On Aug 07, 2018
Politicians can never be trusted at all
Re: Reports that I Am Under Pressure To Drop My Deputy A Blatant Lie– Adamawa Gov by Lordsocrates: 6:57pm On Aug 07, 2018
Hmmmm
Re: Reports that I Am Under Pressure To Drop My Deputy A Blatant Lie– Adamawa Gov by YurFatHer: 6:59pm On Aug 07, 2018
ok

Re: Reports that I Am Under Pressure To Drop My Deputy A Blatant Lie– Adamawa Gov by Nlmessenger: 6:59pm On Aug 07, 2018
Hello nairalanders, here is your messenger, if you have that thing you want to buy or want, you have a message you want to deliver to someone but you cant because of your tight schedule, send me pls o i'll go! I know lagos die! Na my hustle be this, i sabi waka! As work no dey make u use this ine dey make money. Abeg u can reach me on zero 8 zero 27 two nine 45 one nine
Re: Reports that I Am Under Pressure To Drop My Deputy A Blatant Lie– Adamawa Gov by Afamed: 7:00pm On Aug 07, 2018
asawanathegreat:
Politicians can never be trusted at all
More like Journalists and Bloggers cant be trust at all.

1 Like

Re: Reports that I Am Under Pressure To Drop My Deputy A Blatant Lie– Adamawa Gov by Chiedu4Trump: 7:00pm On Aug 07, 2018
Coming from APC we know it's all lies that u are telling us.

You do plan to drop ur deputy
Re: Reports that I Am Under Pressure To Drop My Deputy A Blatant Lie– Adamawa Gov by YurFatHer: 7:01pm On Aug 07, 2018
Nlmessenger:
Hello nairalanders, here is your messenger, if you have that thing you want to buy or want, you have a message you want to deliver to someone but you cant because of your tight schedule, send me pls o i'll go! I know lagos die! Na my hustle be this, i sabi waka! As work no dey make u use this ine dey make money. Abeg u can reach me on zero 8 zero 27 two nine 45 one nine
k. sounds funny though. how do u charge?
Re: Reports that I Am Under Pressure To Drop My Deputy A Blatant Lie– Adamawa Gov by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 07, 2018
nzeobi:

You know the funny thing one of my Igbo friends told me a year ago was Borno state is made up of 40% Christians. Sure plenty Christians dey Adamawa & Borno, but they ain't up to even 20%, it's just like saying Gombe belongs to you guys grin

1 Like

Re: Reports that I Am Under Pressure To Drop My Deputy A Blatant Lie– Adamawa Gov by Nobody: 7:03pm On Aug 07, 2018

Re: Reports that I Am Under Pressure To Drop My Deputy A Blatant Lie– Adamawa Gov by Afamed: 7:05pm On Aug 07, 2018
Jiang:

You know the funny thing one of my Igbo friends told me a year ago was Borno state is made up of 40% Christians. Sure plenty Christians dey Adamawa & Borno, but they ain't up to even 20%, it's just like saying Gombe belongs to you guys grin
You know them all. Most times, I ignore them. A month ago, one who has never left his one face me and face you apartment, was telling me Borno is a Christian dominated state.Since I have nothing to benefit from which religion dominate the state, I just ignore him.

2 Likes

Re: Reports that I Am Under Pressure To Drop My Deputy A Blatant Lie– Adamawa Gov by timilehing(m): 7:07pm On Aug 07, 2018
2019 is gonna be hot

1 Like

Re: Reports that I Am Under Pressure To Drop My Deputy A Blatant Lie– Adamawa Gov by chiefolododo(m): 7:07pm On Aug 07, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Reports that I Am Under Pressure To Drop My Deputy A Blatant Lie– Adamawa Gov by Mbamto: 7:10pm On Aug 07, 2018
Lies! lies!! lies!!!
Christians in Adamawa are over 60%, go and find out, stop assuming. You wonder why the Muslims become Governors? Reason is money politics, crumbs from the table etc. I am not talking in ignorance, my moniker means Queen from one of the Adamawa tribes that are 98% Christians.

Jiang:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reports that I Am Under Pressure To Drop My Deputy A Blatant Lie– Adamawa Gov by Mbamto: 7:11pm On Aug 07, 2018
More than 40% Christians

nzeobi:

1 Like

Re: Reports that I Am Under Pressure To Drop My Deputy A Blatant Lie– Adamawa Gov by Bambambiglo: 7:11pm On Aug 07, 2018
ipob pigs propaganda

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gov. Ganduje Appoints Ex-commissioner As Chief Of Staff / Delta 2023: Why Sheriff Oborevwori Should Be Governor - Oke Umurhohwo / APC Wants INEC To Stop Inspection Of Election Materials Used In Kogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.