Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,578 members, 7,854,470 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 06:09 PM

UK Reacts To NASS Siege - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UK Reacts To NASS Siege (549 Views)

Tension As Soldiers Lay Siege On Aba, Markets Shut / "I Am Only Answerable To Buhari" - Daura To Osinbajo On NASS Siege / How I Escaped The Siege Laid In My Home – Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

UK Reacts To NASS Siege by kurt09(m): 3:42pm On Aug 07, 2018
The British High Commission has said it would only accept a democratic process that recognises the rights of Nigerians to participate in election process in reaction to the siege of the National Assembly by the States Security Service on Tuesday.

Joe Abuku, a spokesperson for the UK Embassy in Abuja through a statement revealed that the United Kingdom is following the development surrounding the blockage of the National Assembly this morning.

The statement reads: “We are aware of media reports of a situation at the National Assembly this morning. We are closely monitoring the situation and other political developments in Nigeria.

“The United Kingdom supports a process whereby the people of Nigeria can exercise their democratic right to vote and be voted for. We favour a free, fair, credible and peaceful process and the independence of institutions, which allow for that.”

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/uk-reacts-to-nass-siege-264638.html
lalasticlala, mynd44

Re: UK Reacts To NASS Siege by Ebios(m): 3:43pm On Aug 07, 2018
k
Re: UK Reacts To NASS Siege by ModsareChevres: 3:44pm On Aug 07, 2018
Mtcheeew
Not strong enough.
Re: UK Reacts To NASS Siege by naijaguy123456(m): 3:45pm On Aug 07, 2018
Are we back to colonial era ? UK should face front I beg, their fore father's were part of this problem from beginning.
Re: UK Reacts To NASS Siege by SimplePlan34: 3:50pm On Aug 07, 2018
I said it that the international watch dogs would not allow APC USE brute force approach to remove saraki. this is what happens when u invite ppl with different ideologies just to gain power. same thing would happen with Apkabio if he does not get what he wants he would destroy the party from inside.
Re: UK Reacts To NASS Siege by alizma: 3:52pm On Aug 07, 2018
t
Re: UK Reacts To NASS Siege by alizma: 3:54pm On Aug 07, 2018
ModsareChevres:
Mtcheeew
Not strong enough.
you were expecting him to say Buhari will not be allowed to return to Nigeria again abi?
Re: UK Reacts To NASS Siege by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 07, 2018
You are aware, OK.

We are helplessly' aware too cheesy
Re: UK Reacts To NASS Siege by Mynd44: 4:00pm On Aug 07, 2018
Re: UK Reacts To NASS Siege by mpianya39(m): 4:03pm On Aug 07, 2018
Nonsense undecided zoogerian na una estate naangry angry

(1)

Presidency Reveals Buhari’s Running Mate For 2019 Re-election / You Can’t Suspend Lone APC (offa) Lawmaker, Court Tells Kwara Assembly / PHOTOS: Osinbajo At Town Hall Meeting In Bariga/somolu LCDA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.