Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,091 members, 7,863,822 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:14 AM

APC And RCCG: This Is Why Politics And The Church Always Intersects - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC And RCCG: This Is Why Politics And The Church Always Intersects (305 Views)

Why Politics Is Never An Option For Me / Dare Adeboye: Buhari Consoles Adeboye And RCCG Members / Ekiti Election: How APC And PDP Stand In The 16 LGAs In Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

APC And RCCG: This Is Why Politics And The Church Always Intersects by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 07, 2018
We should talk about a tradition that has become entrenched in Nigerian churches. A tradition rooted in greed.
I was raised in RCCG as a teenager and was a member of Christ Embassy for many years. I observed how church leadership courts members who are politically influential, rich business men and women and public office holders.
These group of people receive special attention. Personal calls and visits from the senior pastors, they are invited to join church committees where major church projects are decided and financed, they become members of the inner caucus real quick.
In these churches, the more money you bring in, the closer you are to the seat of power in the church.
Some of you know this. You know it's easier to become pastor in your church if you donate in millions.
Religious institutions and political institutions have always been allies. It's a mutually beneficial relationship.
Political institutions in an oppressive system will always seek legitimacy from the religious establishment while the religious establishment will in turn receive patronage from the political system.
In the 14th century, King Henry VIII broke away from the Catholic Church which controlled religion and governments across Europe and it's territories, to start the church of England. ( origin of the denomination known as protestants).
You know why? He wanted a divorce and the Pope wouldn't allow him. Henry VIII declared himself Head of the church of England. (The Queen is still the head of the church of England today. The Church of England is the the mother church of the international Anglican Communion.)
If you study religious history and even the history of the Bible you will realize that political and religious establishments always intersect.
The masses are always at the receiving end and are usually the deceived.
While you're busy defending their honor and drawing arms on their behalf, they're colluding to make policies and rules that benefit only themselves and their personal ambitions.
Re: APC And RCCG: This Is Why Politics And The Church Always Intersects by cowmanager2000: 11:39pm On Aug 07, 2018
Though I don’t comment on social but some ignorant people like you I needed to give you accurate figures there were 3,406 ‘assistant pastors ordained and there were 11,258 deacons and deaconess ordained and on Sunday there will be 1603 Pastors that will be ordained
What’s so special about Tinubu’s wife? Was she the only one... it will take a long pull for Nigeria to move forward with ignorant people like you ... if there is a template for an ordination and an individual fulfil the requirement ... should she be denied because of his social status or political affiliation ... should a doctor be denied because he is a doctor or a market woman be denied because she is an illiterate ... please always read between lines before you come on social media to castigate someone that have labored for an organization for 66 continuos years ...if your envious go start your church and decides who comes there..

(1) (Reply)

America’s Secret Files: The Untold Biafran Story / I Didn’t Need WAEC Result Into US Varsity —dancing Senator Adeleke / Muslim Group Praises NBC Ban Of Falz's "This Is Nigeria" Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.