Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,948 members, 7,814,216 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Please Let's Not Trivialize Rape! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Let's Not Trivialize Rape! (353 Views)

Lost Young Girl Found In Abeokuta, Ogun State. Please Let's Locate Her Family. / Please Let's Not Trivialize Rape! / "My Igbo Wife Reported Me To Dubai Police Claiming Rape, I Was Jailed": Man Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Let's Not Trivialize Rape! by vikendios(m): 9:13pm On Aug 07, 2018
A post on a social media platform yesterday prompted me to write this. Many of the comments on that post were outright disgusting and shameful.
Have you ever had a female rape victim narrate her ordeal to you? Have you ever watched them shed tears of pain as they relive their experience; one they would have given anything to have been spared from?
Believe it or not, there are young men who have devoted themselves to forcefully and mercilessly raping as much of the females as they could trap.
A particular sister I know was unfortunate enough to pass through this ordeal. These young men took turns with her from about midnight until six in the morning; leaving her half dead, bruised, destroyed, totally broken and defiled. She cried her heart out in the morning when she managed to regain some strength.
She was a virgin and her fiancé was to pay her bride price he next week. They were both inconsolable.
Beyond that trauma were medical examinations, tests and treatments for possibilities of infection which spilled into months. The nightmares would always come to haunt her in her dreams too. The injury inflicted deep in her privates is yet to heal as I write this.
These perpetrators weren’t caught and regrettably, they still walk among us today as free men.
Don’t ask me what she did to deserve this because no human should, no matter what.
This year alone I have heard about three of such demonic attacks within the environment in Imo State where I am domiciled, and all happened within a tertiary school environment and these devils are still on rampage.
Just last week it happened again. This particular lady was abducted on her way back to her hostel in the evening and taken to their hide out. She was raped nonstop from 8:00pm until 2:00am by young men who had obviously filled their systems with drugs and sex enhancement substances.
They would choke their victims to make sure they never scream out and torment them for as long as it takes for the substances they took to wane. What could be more heartless than this?
What if it was your sister, fiancée or wife? Must we wait for this evil to manifest in our lives before we collectively raise a cry against it? Why do we trivialize evil in our society?
It hurts me deeply each time I hear cases and mentions of rape trivialized by grown men and women who should know better. Trust me; there are very few circumstances in life that are more traumatic than rape.
There is nothing less brutal, barbaric, humiliating, debasing, and polluting than rape. It is inhuman in its totality and so is making jest of rape victims. It is the height of callousness no matter the offending gender.
This is a call to all. This is a call to individuals, families, and corporate bodies and especially the management and body of our tertiary institutions in this country.
SO MUCH RAPE IS GOING ON AND WE MUST ALL RISE TO PUT A STOP TO IT!
It is glaring that the institutions that should handle this issue are not doing enough. The orientation is weak and the perpetrators are waxing stronger. I have tears in my eyes as I write this.
Please let’s not trivialize rape!

2 Likes

Re: Please Let's Not Trivialize Rape! by cococandy(f): 12:29am On Aug 08, 2018
Some idiot is still going to come here and talk about how they should have dressed better and bla bla bla
Re: Please Let's Not Trivialize Rape! by lilmax(m): 12:58am On Aug 08, 2018
as long the fault is from the guy, I have no beef with it.....

but if she has a hand in it, that's oyo
Re: Please Let's Not Trivialize Rape! by Eponyeeboz: 5:19am On Aug 08, 2018
lilmax:
as long the fault is from the guy, I have no beef with it.....

but if she has a hand in it, that's oyo

Maxwell, how possible is it for a woman to have a hand in her own rape? Please, enlighten us.

1 Like

Re: Please Let's Not Trivialize Rape! by Rubbiish(m): 8:43am On Aug 08, 2018
cococandy:
[s]Some idiot is still going to come here and talk about how they should have dressed better and bla bla bla[/s]
Shut up if u have nothing reasonable to say...
Re: Please Let's Not Trivialize Rape! by Rubbiish(m): 8:51am On Aug 08, 2018
vikendios:

These perpetrators weren’t caught and regrettably, they still walk among us today as free men.

This is misleading sir...were u there when d rape was carried out?
I believe there is something about the case u are not aware of. Rape perpetrators are prosecuted all over the world only if found guilty. Every rape cases are investigated before passing judgment. Often time we get sentimental expecting irrational judgment, forgetting considerable number of ladies are deceptive.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Rank The Ladies In Your Life? Who Comes First / 5 Things To Do Before Hiring A Nanny From Pukena / Please What Is The Best Rechargable Fan To Buy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.