Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,792 members, 7,817,286 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

KPMG Entry-Level Salary - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / KPMG Entry-Level Salary (43234 Views)

Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 / Keystone Bank Entry Level Salary / Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

KPMG Entry-Level Salary by melodytoda: 10:22am On Jun 21, 2010
my friend is confused. He is earning 160,000 per month. Got an offer from kpmg and wants to know the entry salary to decide whether to accept or reject the offer.

Kindly assist.

It is urgent please
Re: KPMG Entry-Level Salary by DJA: 11:00am On Jun 21, 2010
I think u tell him 2 introduce me 2 his job as soon as he resigns his old appontment, wish u all d best

3 Likes

Re: KPMG Entry-Level Salary by melodytoda: 11:40am On Jun 21, 2010
As soon as he resigns, you can have his post but first, he needs this info to decide.

do you have answers to them?
Re: KPMG Entry-Level Salary by korayday(m): 8:20pm On Jun 21, 2010
men depends on where u're friend is working, if it's a job with prospects and chances of promotion he should stay there, cause kpmg pays less than that after tax and the last i heard they reduced salaries by 20% due to recession, so my advice 2 ur guy is to stay where he is, unless he is really interested in having a career in an accounting or financial related role.

Plus i think you are lying if your friend had an offer he would have seen the package on his offer letter, next time if you want info on something come out straight and say the truth, would have told you the actual amount and package, but you're obviously lying.

10 Likes

Re: KPMG Entry-Level Salary by Mcleo007(m): 11:14pm On Jun 21, 2010
korayday:

men depends on where u're friend is working, if it's a job with prospects and chances of promotion he should stay there, cause kpmg pays less than that after tax and the last i heard they reduced salaries by 20% due to recession, so my advice 2 your guy is to stay where he is, unless he is really interested in having a career in an accounting or financial related role.

Plus i think you are lying if your friend had an offer he would have seen the package on his offer letter, next time if you want info on something come out straight and say the truth, would have told you the actual amount and package, but you're obviously lying.

Well spoken

1 Like

Re: KPMG Entry-Level Salary by melodytoda: 10:30am On Jun 22, 2010
korayday, i must apologise for the ambiguity. My friend has not gone to collect the letter. He was told to come for it but he is confused.

I for one advised him to take it cos of the international recognition and training. But i decided to ask nairalanders cos my friend needs good money to cater for his siblings.

Much as i like international standard, that's for me. For him, money is the key word cos of his situation.

Pls if you have the figure, go ahead and supply.

Thanks.
Re: KPMG Entry-Level Salary by korayday(m): 11:25am On Jun 22, 2010
The salary is less than 110k after tax, if u're friend is already chartered then he mite earn more, plus I don't know if the rumour I heard about the pay reduction is true, if it is then it might have dropped to 80/90k a month
Re: KPMG Entry-Level Salary by tos(m): 12:16pm On Jun 22, 2010
korayday:

The salary is less than 110k after tax, if u're friend is already chartered then he mite earn more, plus I don't know if the rumour I heard about the pay reduction is true, if it is then it might have dropped to 80/90k a month

I disagree with you on this. I think you got your information from a wrong source. KPMG did not cut the salaries of staff. All they did was to freeze pay instead of the usual annual salary increase. The salary of entry level staff is about of N2.5million. I believe since they are no longer operating the DCP saving scheme, the whole of staff salary is now taxable. Using an effective tax rate of 25%, the net pay should be about N1.875million. Mind you, the effective tax rate has taken into account the employee pension contribution of 7.5% of basic salary (which is not really much in KPMG's case).

Based on what I have analysed above the monthly take home pay should be about N156K for entry level staff. Chartered accountants earn considerable more than those still studying.

I'll advise the OP to take the opportunity as it is a platform to move to a better place in the future. By the way, I dont understand why most people in Nigeria consider financial incentive as the most important factor when looking for jobs! What about prospects or jobs that provide unlimited opportunities?

4 Likes

Re: KPMG Entry-Level Salary by Gunnaz007: 7:07pm On Jun 22, 2010
DJA:

I think u tell him 2 introduce me 2 his job as soon as he resigns his old appontment, wish u all d best

hahahahahahahahahaah!!!! No mind dat greedy fellow, hin wan chop big money; how many nigerians are on 160k/month
Re: KPMG Entry-Level Salary by OJ2010: 7:07pm On Jun 22, 2010
Infact why is the guy looking for salary information on Nairaland when all he needs to do is go pick the offer letter that will state the salary as applicable to him?
Whatever info you get here may just be general information which you do not want to base your actual decisions on, you base your decisions on what a company is offering you and like someone said guys should not think its about the initial money you get. He should go pick the letter!
Re: KPMG Entry-Level Salary by Pennywise(m): 7:12pm On Jun 22, 2010
tos:

I'll advise the OP to take the opportunity as it is a platform to move to a better place in the future.  By the way, I dont understand why most people in Nigeria consider financial incentive as the most important factor when looking for jobs! What about prospects or jobs that provide unlimited opportunities?

Our political/economic climate is to say the least unstable. Most pple will prefer to cash-in on what is presently available than join in a long line of people at KPMG seeking 'unlimited opportunities' that may never come.

2 Likes

Re: KPMG Entry-Level Salary by Rotwale: 8:48pm On Jun 22, 2010
@ poster, ur friend being confused is synonymous to setting the cart before the horse. i think he shd get the offer letter from KPMG and compare the package with what he is currently earning. no employer wld force him to accept an offer on the spot,

there is no basis for the confusion.
Re: KPMG Entry-Level Salary by gidson12(m): 9:43pm On Jun 22, 2010
Are u just curious to know d amount they pay? Or u wan use ur friend lie
Re: KPMG Entry-Level Salary by skyone(m): 9:49pm On Jun 22, 2010
160,000 IN Pounds, Dollar, Euro, Naira or Ghanian currency
Re: KPMG Entry-Level Salary by kokoye(m): 10:07pm On Jun 22, 2010
Gunnaz007:

hahahahahahahahahaah!!!! No mind dat greedy fellow, hin wan chop big money; how many nigerians are on 160k/month

So what . . he should not improve his livelihood because there are people behind him??

6 Likes

Re: KPMG Entry-Level Salary by Youngichou(m): 11:16pm On Jun 22, 2010
melodytoda:

As soon as he resigns, you can have his post but first, he needs this info to decide.

do you have answers to them?
nigerians will never change
Re: KPMG Entry-Level Salary by malvino: 12:24am On Jun 23, 2010
a friend of my friend that works there said it is 80k per month, despite the hype of that place. he should see the offer letter and compare it to what he is getting before he resigns.
Re: KPMG Entry-Level Salary by Gunnaz007: 12:32am On Jun 23, 2010
kokoye:

So what . . he should not imporve his livelihood because there are people behind him??

^^^ my friend shaatttaappp dia!!! His aim is to [size=13pt]yakubu[/size] kpmg's dough with koboko girls grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: KPMG Entry-Level Salary by ADOGBEYI: 7:55am On Jun 23, 2010
Even though the entry level salary may be around 110k (for non-chartered accountants and those in departments other than Audit), you need to also consider the fact that KPMG pays certain allowances like leave allowance (in April), clothing allowances (in August - I think) and 13th month salary (in December). With all these added to the monthly salary of N110k, I think the whole salary should come down to N156k per month as suggested by Korayday.

Having said all these, I wish to let you know I am a KPMG alumnus and from the experiences I had with KPMG, I would more than advice your friend to take up the offer without even blinking! Reasons being that:

(i) KPMG affords you a far much bigger opportunity than you would find anywhere because of the various trainings - both locally and internationally - that you would get;

(ii) KPMG has a very clearly defined career path which would see you gain promotion on a yearly basis with a corresponding increase in pay ( this is not obtainable in many other places);

(iii) When you spend three years in KPMG and you decide to further your career somewhere else, you would most likely be (at the least) two levels higher than your colleagues who may have taken up offers from other places. This is largely because KPMG has a very strong reputation in the market place both locally and internationally and with the consequent promotions you would have secured in three years, you most probably would be earning a lot higher than your mates else where; and

(iv) the kind of training you would get in KPMG is second to none.

This is just to mention but a few. Overall, the choice is yours and it all depends on whether you are looking at things from the short-term or long-term point of view; but as it stands, I am confident KPMG is it, whether short-term or long-term.

I wish your friend goodluck!

10 Likes

Re: KPMG Entry-Level Salary by akunta(f): 8:40am On Jun 23, 2010
How do guys get this kpmgs, pwcs and earnest young accounting jobs?
i am an accounting graduate, who has just finished my final professional exams in a
ACCA and really wants to get to the top of my career but i have not been able to get the kind of
training needed as i have not had the oppourtunity to work in a core accounting function .
My age (30) they say is a great disadvantage for entry level and would not be considered.
As for exprienced level no one will even look my way as i dont have the grounded expereince
needed in the accounting or auditing feild.
I really need an Accounting related job and would not mind the pay in as much as its not below my current
pay of 80k. i am willing to start from entry level and learn the ropes while implementing the theories i learnt in ACCA
into pratical of work terms. Thanks.
Re: KPMG Entry-Level Salary by Jarus(m): 10:27am On Jun 23, 2010
All I know is KPMG is a very good place to start one's career. They train you and put your career on sound footing. After staying with KPMG for like 3 years, it should be easy to get job elsewhere, with higher pay. I personally would have loved to start my career in KPMG or PwC, but got a better-paying company. After 4-5 years in KPMG, you can move to another company as Manager.

1 Like

Re: KPMG Entry-Level Salary by akanbijm: 1:11pm On Jun 23, 2010
Does kGMG employ AAT with OND in Accounting? Please I need your reply.

1 Like

Re: KPMG Entry-Level Salary by yinkaoke(f): 3:10pm On Jun 23, 2010
Please nairaland members I need ur advice
Going by the last ICAN examination result, I am now a Qualified accountant and I am working in a Banking support service organisation as an account clerk, I need a better job now that I am a Chartered Accountant but my challenge is I am an undergraduate, studying accounting in UNILAG DLI though an ND holder from YABATECh. Pls what can I do. Can I apply to KPMG or any of the BIG FOUR audit firms or is there any other company that I can apply to with my ACA certificate.

thanks your contribution will be highly appreciated

1 Like

Re: KPMG Entry-Level Salary by dadamsel: 3:26pm On Jun 23, 2010
please,i want to know if they employ pple who are not accountants. i read public admin and am just going for service,do i stand a chance?
Re: KPMG Entry-Level Salary by ban1(m): 5:58pm On Jun 23, 2010
He should know this before the application. I wonder why nigerian employers dont indicate the wage in the vacancy advertised in the first place.
Re: KPMG Entry-Level Salary by Jarus(m): 6:05pm On Jun 23, 2010
KPMG employs from every field. I have friends that read microbiology etc there

1 Like

Re: KPMG Entry-Level Salary by ochallo: 12:01am On Jun 24, 2010
when people are leaving KPMg for greener pastures , your friend and you( both fools) are posting stupid question.

well i know guys in KPMG so tell your friend to contact me so that i can let one of them switch jobs with him or her.

akunta:

How do guys get this kpmgs, pwcs and earnest young accounting jobs?
i am an accounting graduate, who has just finished my final professional exams in a
ACCA and really wants to get to the top of my career but i have not been able to get the kind of
training needed as i have not had the oppourtunity to work in a core accounting function .
My age (30) they say is a great disadvantage for entry level and would not be considered.
As for exprienced level no one will even look my way as i dont have the grounded expereince
needed in the accounting or auditing feild.
I really need an Accounting related job and would not mind the pay in as much as its not below my current
pay of 80k. i am willing to start from entry level and learn the ropes while implementing the theories i learnt in ACCA
into pratical of work terms. Thanks.

write this story in your cv and apply
yinkaoke:

Please nairaland members I need your advice
Going by the last ICAN examination result, I am now a Qualified accountant and I am working in a Banking support service organisation as an account clerk, I need a better job now that I am a Chartered Accountant but my challenge is I am an undergraduate, studying accounting in UNILAG DLI though an ND holder from YABATECh. Pls what can I do. Can I apply to KPMG or any of the BIG FOUR audit firms or is there any other company that I can apply to with my ACA certificate.

thanks your contribution will be highly appreciated
dumb question, can i apply? do you need permission to apply.
a first degree is very important for an entry level job,
you can not work in KPMG and complete your degree if they take you. you would either be stressed out or you fail all your courses. you have to look for small audit firms in lagos and collect anyhthing they give you if you must work.

1 Like

Re: KPMG Entry-Level Salary by jerryben12: 1:52am On Jun 24, 2010
Doesn't his appointment letter have his proposed pay rate and grade?
Re: KPMG Entry-Level Salary by akunta(f): 8:30am On Jun 24, 2010
@ ochallo
Since u know guys @ kpmg, how can u help the lot of us who want to make a career there without sounding , cheesy ?
Re: KPMG Entry-Level Salary by yinkaoke(f): 8:25am On Jun 25, 2010
@Ochalo
Thanks for ur response, but it could have be nice if u communicated it when ur senses are in order.

1 Like

Re: KPMG Entry-Level Salary by wyette: 6:21pm On Aug 08, 2010
I work in KPMG. I just decided out of curiousity to read this thread cos naira land was helpful b4 I made my choice.sm beliefs u guy have r very funny I wonder who told u dse tins but sm r true. I'l say sm tins annual salary lyk 105k for non chatterd 120k for chattered. With other allowances as a sm1 posted in march, april, august, september and december.u don't av 2 know sm1 to get in just come to d office and submit ur CV. U must av 2.1 or 1st class any discipline. Other rules apply for 2.2 and interns and OND. If u want more info send me ur questions my email is ******@yahoo.com
if u don't bliv me we'll u r entitled 2 ur opinion but don't insult me. Am only trying to help seeing ur arguments. But lyk sm1 said moni is not d only reason 4 a job. Pple leave here after 3 yrs and get jobs in chevron, cadbury, GE and d likes. Cheers

sorry guys. removed my email cos i've been getting sooooooo many yahoo yahoo mails. blame them not me

2 Likes

Re: KPMG Entry-Level Salary by wyette: 6:26pm On Aug 08, 2010
I work in KPMG. I just decided out of curiousity to read this thread cos naira land was helpful b4 I made my choice.sm beliefs u guy have r very funny I wonder who told u dse tins but sm r true. I'l say sm tins MONTHLY salary lyk 105k for non chatterd 120k for chattered. With other allowances as a sm1 posted in march, april, august, september and december.u don't av 2 know sm1 to get in just come to d office and submit ur CV. U must av 2.1 or 1st class any discipline. Other rules apply for 2.2 and interns and OND. If u want more info send me ur questions my email is *********@yahoo.com
if u don't bliv me we'll u r entitled 2 ur opinion but don't insult me. Am only trying to help seeing ur arguments. But lyk sm1 said moni is not d only reason 4 a job. Pple leave here after 3 yrs and get jobs in chevron, cadbury, GE and d likes. Cheers

sorry guys. removed my email cos i've been getting sooooooo many yahoo yahoo mails. blame them not me

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Highest Paying Jobs In The World / Nigeria Prison Service Salary Scale/ / What Value Does This Certificate Have?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.