Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,141 members, 7,842,281 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

'I Feel Like I Was Not A Good Mom' - Tennis Star, Serena Williams - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 'I Feel Like I Was Not A Good Mom' - Tennis Star, Serena Williams (230 Views)

Lebron James, Serena Williams, Tom Brady, Kim K. Attend Messi's Debut Match / Disney Style, Serena Williams Wedding Gown Revealed (Photos) / Serena Williams Weds Alexis Ohanian In An All-Star Guest List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'I Feel Like I Was Not A Good Mom' - Tennis Star, Serena Williams by Sportdab(m): 6:09am On Aug 08, 2018
Serena Williams has penned an emotional letter admitting she feels like "not a good mom".

Williams only returned to tennis this year after she took over 12 months away from sport for her child.

The World No.1 reached Wimbledon Final last month but then feel to the worst defeat of his tennis career in San Jose last week.

British No.1 Johanna Konta thrashed Williams 6-1 6-0 in just 52 minutes and the American then withdrew from the Rogers Cup days later.

The reason for pulling out of the Rogers Cup was unclear until Williams opened up on the difficult emotional time she is currently enduring.

In a post on Instagram, Williams explained that she had been struggling with post-natal emotions.

“Last week was not easy for me,” Williams wrote on Instagram.

“Not only was I accepting some tough personal stuff, but I was in a funk.

“Mostly, I felt like I was not a good mom.

“I read several articles that said postpartum emotions can last up to three years if not dealt with.

“I like communication best. Talking things through with my mom, my sisters, my friends let me know that my feelings are totally normal.

“It’s totally normal to feel I’m not doing enough for my baby.

“We have all been there. I work a lot, I train and I'm trying to be the best athlete I can.

“However, that means although I have been with her every day of her life, I’m not around as much as I would like to be.

“Most of you moms deal with the same thing. Where stay-at-home or working, finding that balance with kids is a true are. You are the true heroes.

“I’m here to say; if you are having a rough day or week - it’s ok - I am, too!!! There’s always tomorrow!”

Source:>>>SPORTDAB
http://www.sportdab.com.ng/2018/08/feel-like-i-was-not-good-mom-serena.html

Re: 'I Feel Like I Was Not A Good Mom' - Tennis Star, Serena Williams by Idonki(f): 6:15am On Aug 08, 2018
What can we say..
You know better if you are a good mother or not
Re: 'I Feel Like I Was Not A Good Mom' - Tennis Star, Serena Williams by Nobody: 6:16am On Aug 08, 2018
Interesting

(1) (Reply)

Sport Bet As Addictional Income / Chelsea Football Club for Sale-Abramovich / Mr Bet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.