Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

Is Ethiopian Airlines Into Fraud? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Ethiopian Airlines Into Fraud? (3727 Views)

Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace / Photos Of Pius Adesanmi That Died In Ethiopian Airlines / Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Ethiopian Airlines Into Fraud? by Yoyostic: 8:47am On Aug 08, 2018
Good morning peeps here.Since the advent of high exchange rate,hubby has been using this airline to UK.But this time around for SA to attend a conference.After using their website as usual to pay for ticket,it was generated without hitch.His flight was scheduled for 4th August but on getting to the airport,they was nothing to indicate that he was supposed to board the flight as a matter of fact,he was even harassed on how he got the ticket.He missed the flight.Every attempt to contact their headquarters was fruitless.He had to pay for the next flight there and then.

please,I will like to know if any one has experienced such and advice on how to tackle this.Thanks.
Re: Is Ethiopian Airlines Into Fraud? by SageTravels: 9:17am On Aug 08, 2018
Are you sure he booked on Ethiopian Airlines Portal. secondly, let him take the ticket to any ET Office and complain to them.

Sometimes it is better to use a reliable agent to book your flight. Don't be surprise the amount your hubby paid for the flight an agent can get it cheaper than that.
Re: Is Ethiopian Airlines Into Fraud? by Yoyostic: 11:40am On Aug 08, 2018
SageTravels:
Are you sure he booked on Ethiopian Airlines Portal. secondly, let him take the ticket to any ET Office and complain to them.

Sometimes it is better to use a reliable agent to book your flight. Don't be surprise the amount your hubby paid for the flight an agent can get it cheaper than that.
Yes,it was on their portal and it's not the first time he's using the portal.
Re: Is Ethiopian Airlines Into Fraud? by SageTravels: 12:24pm On Aug 08, 2018
Yoyostic:
Yes,it was on their portal and it's not the first time he's using the portal.

Let him goto their office and complain to them.
Re: Is Ethiopian Airlines Into Fraud? by Yoyostic: 1:29pm On Aug 08, 2018
SageTravels:

Let him goto their office and complain to them.
Okay,he will stop by Ethiopia tomorrow.Thanks.
Re: Is Ethiopian Airlines Into Fraud? by SageTravels: 5:18pm On Aug 08, 2018
Yoyostic:
Okay,he will stop by Ethiopia tomorrow.Thanks.

Pls Update me after the meeting
Re: Is Ethiopian Airlines Into Fraud? by Yoyostic: 7:20pm On Aug 08, 2018
SageTravels:

Pls Update me after the meeting
Okay,thanks.
Re: Is Ethiopian Airlines Into Fraud? by Fallawx(m): 7:52pm On Aug 08, 2018
I disagree with you , no agent in Nigeria will offer a lesser ticket price than that of a publish price from the airline . Except the agent use black market which is not advisable . For Yanke and Europe it’s possible . Not here in Naija ..

Madam did your husband makes payment via his card or bank account . Secondly if your husband makes payment during weekends it’s hard to clarify because the system would have cancel his reservation when payment is not confirmed .

I have once encounter problem of such with the same mention airline ,making payment during weekends . So I have to rush to the airport for complain when I didn’t receive my ticket before my departure date . Then I was told payment during the weekends can only be confirmed on business days .
Truly on Monday my flight was ticketed and I was able to board on Tuesday .

2 Likes

Re: Is Ethiopian Airlines Into Fraud? by Rexnegro(m): 12:31am On Aug 09, 2018
Fallawx:
I disagree with you , no agent in Nigeria will offer a lesser ticket price than that of a publish price from the airline . Except the agent use black market which is not advisable . For Yanke and Europe it’s possible . Not here in Naija ..

Madam did your husband makes payment via his card or bank account . Secondly if your husband makes payment during weekends it’s hard to clarify because the system would have cancel his reservation when payment is not confirmed .

I have once encounter problem of such with the same mention airline ,making payment during weekends . So I have to rush to the airport for complain when I didn’t receive my ticket before my departure date . Then I was told payment during the weekends can only be confirmed on business days .
please bro my own is where can i get itinerary ticket (reserved flight ticket) up to three weeks for visa application, I chatted with Jumia travels they said they don't offer such ..I need it urgently to apply for visa. every other documents are ready except the itinerary ticket. please help if you know which airline can help . NB. i travelled the last time with Ethiopia, which I contacted abt it mehn forget Ethiopia about a swift online feedback response, as for Kenya they gave me a link but the itinerary they have doesn't not have a booking code and PNR on it so not fit for visa application. and those are the airline with most friendly ticket prices .
Re: Is Ethiopian Airlines Into Fraud? by SageTravels: 12:50am On Aug 09, 2018
Fallawx:

I disagree with you. there are super agents in Nigeria that have the money to buy aircraft seats as many as they want and then resell it to any amount. I know many of them e.g Wakanow, Finchglow, travelstart.

see attached. sorry I used my phone.

The first is from a travel agency in Nigeria and the second is from ET website. I used the same date for both.

secondly, when I said there are agents that can get cheaper fares, I mean, they may advice him to take another airline that may be cheaper.

Re: Is Ethiopian Airlines Into Fraud? by Rexnegro(m): 2:08am On Aug 09, 2018
SageTravels:

I disagree with you. there are super agents in Nigeria that have the money to buy aircraft seats as many as they want and then resell it to any amount. I know many of them e.g Wakanow, Finchglow, travelstart.

The first is from a travel agency in Nigeria and the second is from ET website. I used the same date for both.

secondly, when I said there are agents that can get cheaper fares, I mean, they may advice him to take another airline that may be cheaper.

please bro my own is where can i get flight itinerary (reserved flight ticket) up to three weeks for visa application, I chatted with Jumia travels they said they don't offer such ..I need it urgently to apply for visa. every other documents are ready except the itinerary ticket. please help if you know which airline can help . NB. i travelled the last time with Ethiopia, which I contacted abt it mehn forget Ethiopia about a swift online feedback response, as for Kenya they gave me a link but the itinerary they have doesn't not have a booking code and PNR on it so not fit for visa application. and those are the airline with most friendly ticket prices .
Re: Is Ethiopian Airlines Into Fraud? by BedLam: 5:57am On Aug 09, 2018
Rexnegro:

please bro my own is where can i get flight itinerary (reserved flight ticket) up to three weeks for visa application, I chatted with Jumia travels they said they don't offer such ..I need it urgently to apply for visa. every other documents are ready except the itinerary ticket. please help if you know which airline can help . NB. i travelled the last time with Ethiopia, which I contacted abt it mehn forget Ethiopia about a swift online feedback response, as for Kenya they gave me a link but the itinerary they have doesn't not have a booking code and PNR on it so not fit for visa application. and those are the airline with most friendly ticket prices .

No airline offers such. Reserve tickets last for a few days and cancels automatically. What happens when you dont get to pay for the flight las las ?
Re: Is Ethiopian Airlines Into Fraud? by BedLam: 6:00am On Aug 09, 2018
SageTravels:

Technically, you are saying these people are in the business of making loss?

1 Like

Re: Is Ethiopian Airlines Into Fraud? by Yoyostic: 6:36am On Aug 09, 2018
Fallawx:

In this case,his ticket was sent. Every thing was set until checking in.
Re: Is Ethiopian Airlines Into Fraud? by Yoyostic: 6:41am On Aug 09, 2018
I'm totally convinced there is a problem with the airline.It happened again at Johannesburg.Not just him but to several others.As I type,they missed the gate they were to pass was locked at the airport now they are being asked to book another ticket.
Re: Is Ethiopian Airlines Into Fraud? by sweetrie(f): 6:46am On Aug 09, 2018
SageTravels:

But the cheaper one has 24th September and the other has 24th August. The dates don't match
Re: Is Ethiopian Airlines Into Fraud? by BedLam: 9:02am On Aug 09, 2018
Yoyostic:
I'm totally convinced there is a problem with the airline.It happened again at Johannesburg.Not just him but to several others.As I type,they missed the gate they were to pass was locked at the airport now they are being asked to book another ticket.
They should be compensated or have them sued.
Re: Is Ethiopian Airlines Into Fraud? by adigunomomama(m): 9:11am On Aug 09, 2018
SageTravels:

The dates on this tickets are different so that's why the ticket price is cheaper

I once contacted Nigeria agents on booking my ticket from Brazil to Lagos in June and most of them gave me high prices of 800k plus but I later got the ticket online via South Africa airways at just 400k with the same dates.

Well maybe the destination matters.
Re: Is Ethiopian Airlines Into Fraud? by Yoyostic: 11:18am On Aug 09, 2018
BedLam:
They should be compensated or have them sued.
like seriously.
Re: Is Ethiopian Airlines Into Fraud? by SageTravels: 4:09pm On Aug 09, 2018
adigunomomama:

The dates on this tickets are different so that's why the ticket price is cheaper

I once contacted Nigeria agents on booking my ticket from Brazil to Lagos in June and most of them gave me high prices of 800k plus but I later got the ticket online via South Africa airways at just 400k with the same dates.

Well maybe the destination matters.

sweetrie:

But the cheaper one has 24th September and the other has 24th August. The dates don't match

Sorry I didn't the dates. check the attached same date.

There are two mean reasons why the price may be different. 1. some agents remove their commission to attract customers. 2. some agents buy seat in bulk then crash the price.

1 Like

Re: Is Ethiopian Airlines Into Fraud? by sweetrie(f): 4:10pm On Aug 09, 2018
SageTravels:

Sorry I didn't the dates. check the attached same date
Ok. Nice one
Re: Is Ethiopian Airlines Into Fraud? by LightmaxTravel: 9:08pm On Aug 09, 2018
Please check pm
Rexnegro:

please bro my own is where can i get itinerary ticket (reserved flight ticket) up to three weeks for visa application, I chatted with Jumia travels they said they don't offer such ..I need it urgently to apply for visa. every other documents are ready except the itinerary ticket. please help if you know which airline can help . NB. i travelled the last time with Ethiopia, which I contacted abt it mehn forget Ethiopia about a swift online feedback response, as for Kenya they gave me a link but the itinerary they have doesn't not have a booking code and PNR on it so not fit for visa application. and those are the airline with most friendly ticket prices .
Re: Is Ethiopian Airlines Into Fraud? by ifyalways(f): 4:56am On Aug 10, 2018
SageTravels:

There are two mean reasons why the price may be different. 1. some agents remove their commission to attract customers. 2. some agents buy seat in bulk then crash the price.
This is exactly why people don't trust agents: you attached prices for same dates but different flights. One has less transit time in Addis(flight from ET website arrives Dubai by 2:55am while the cheaper flight from whatever agent arrives Dubai by 4:30am) while the other has longer transit time hence the difference in fare.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ethiopian Airlines Into Fraud? by suyamasta(m): 8:03am On Aug 10, 2018
SageTravels:

It's not adding up abeg how can you buy something from the manufacturer to sell cheaper than the manufacturer it doesn't make biz sense

1 Like

Re: Is Ethiopian Airlines Into Fraud? by SageTravels: 11:17am On Aug 10, 2018
suyamasta:
It's not adding up abeg how can you buy something from the manufacturer to sell cheaper than the manufacturer it doesn't make biz sense

Some airlines give commission. Agents make money from commission. Some give 10%, 7% etc.
Re: Is Ethiopian Airlines Into Fraud? by SageTravels: 11:24am On Aug 10, 2018
ifyalways:

This is exactly why people don't trust agents: you attached prices for same dates but different flights. One has less transit time in Addis(flight from ET website arrives Dubai by 2:55am while the cheaper flight from whatever agent arrives Dubai by 4:30am) while the other has longer transit time hence the difference in fare.

Trust no one. Even the airline itself can disappoint you. I am not actually telling you to buy from agents. my point is in some cases agents are better. I know how many flights I have booking for people. when they contact airline and the airline is not responding, they will look for alternative.
Re: Is Ethiopian Airlines Into Fraud? by otunbakolawole(m): 11:42am On Aug 10, 2018
Bros you are right. the thing is simple, as with most industries, there are brokers and wholesalers who buy bulk from airlines and sell to travel agents, they then can sell at cheaper prices. They can also make own judgments to make less profit by selling tickets even cheaper than competitions. its just the basis of free enterprise. No different than why exact same products are cheaper in
some stores or much cheaper on jumia.
SageTravels:

Some airlines give commission. Agents make money from commission. Some give 10%, 7% etc.
Re: Is Ethiopian Airlines Into Fraud? by suyamasta(m): 12:47pm On Aug 10, 2018
SageTravels:

hmmm commission yes but ......
Re: Is Ethiopian Airlines Into Fraud? by ifyalways(f): 1:16pm On Aug 10, 2018
SageTravels:

Trust no one. Even the airline itself can disappoint you. I am not actually telling you to buy from agents. my point is in some cases agents are better. I know how many flights I have booking for people. when they contact airline and the airline is not responding, they will look for alternative.
Don't try to be a smart pant.
I don't care how many flights you have booked or not.
Point is , when you make a claim and try to substantiate it, be honest or just keep shut. Your constantly trying to prove you are right (you can get fares cheaper than airlines) have only outlined two things :
You are either not well versed in your claims and need to go back to your learners board.
You are not honest.

Bye!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Ethiopian Airlines Into Fraud? by SageTravels: 4:16pm On Aug 10, 2018
otunbakolawole:
Bros you are right. the thing is simple, as with most industries, there are brokers and wholesalers who buy bulk from airlines and sell to travel agents, they then can sell at cheaper prices. They can also make own judgments to make less profit by selling tickets even cheaper than competitions. its just the basis of free enterprise. No different than why exact same products are cheaper in
some stores or much cheaper on jumia.

Thank You for understand. Me personal most times I book from Airline's website. sometimes I use Agent.
Re: Is Ethiopian Airlines Into Fraud? by Fallawx(m): 9:24am On Aug 12, 2018
Bro Na man wey sabi you Dey follow yarn travelstart and wakanow get their own issues as well . Travelstart and Wakanow get scandal with some airlines that left their customer stranded at the airport . perhaps some of this agent doesn’t respond to customer complaint effectively . judge not by the display price Na when you finalised your booking Na their you go no say AC no b Fan .. Na only IATA registered Agent fit sale discount price ticket depending on the number of slot given to them. How many agent for Naija dey IATA registered .

1 Like

Re: Is Ethiopian Airlines Into Fraud? by Fivewaytrip: 7:50pm On Sep 05, 2018

(1) (2) (Reply)

Portugal D7 Visa / Tax Clearance/UK Visa / Travelling To China, Uae To Teach Get In Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.